Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Original concept art [CLOSED]
Mattlander Yellow Sparx Gems: 1338
#1 Posted: 05:40:34 26/07/2013 | Topic Creator
Hey. I had applied for a concept artist position at tfb that just closed (drawing enemies and weapons).
Didn't get the job, but had fun trying. I live 1.5 hours away from Novato so I had to try.

I came up with some bad guys and a couple of quick Skylander/player ideas too.
What do you think? Anyone else have some ideas or drawings?

I didn't see any posts like this that weren't closed, but sorry if I missed something.

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
Hot Dog 542 Gold Sparx Gems: 2872
#2 Posted: 05:50:57 26/07/2013
I like Elefighter! smilie
---
Quote: Bimle
Why is it that so many people have hardons for dogs?
#3 Posted: 06:42:09 26/07/2013 | Topic Creator
Thanks!
I think my niece mentioned the idea of an elephant man. Its a little bit inspired by this awesome, incredibly detailed Spawn toy that I have and love.
"Poacher"http://www.amazon.com/McFarlan...s/dp/B001BJL4KO

It was fun thinking about how to attach a weapon to a flat handed character... I thought it would be tied.
crystalhero37 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5448
#4 Posted: 13:37:13 26/07/2013
They're all pretty cool, love BugSaw and AutoMantis!
#5 Posted: 19:47:46 26/07/2013 | Topic Creator
Thanks! Maybe I'm better at less kid-oriented stuff. ... Chainsaw arms and stuff like that.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:17:26 26/07/2013 by Mattlander
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#6 Posted: 23:45:23 26/07/2013
I seriously want Earthquake; I think the idea of a music-based Skylander is epic, especially if it's rock/metal centered. If I may give some critiquing though, I think he could use a more memorable look, though I do like the hair.
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
SamXala Gold Sparx Gems: 2398
#7 Posted: 02:31:11 27/07/2013
What the ....? What is this?
---
O_0 Holy Cow!! I'm a Gold Sparx!
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7577
#8 Posted: 03:42:29 27/07/2013
Megamonkey?
Don't we already have a super hero themed monkey within the classic Spyro continuity? As a matter of fact, don't we also have a chef is is also a duck? >.>
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
#9 Posted: 06:50:56 27/07/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: SamXala
What the ....? What is this?

Quote: parisruelz12
Megamonkey?

I just came up with some quick ideas to show some potential and try to get my dream job.
I saw the opportunity after it had been up for 25 days so I made these in a couple of days between paid work, so I didn't put that much time/thought into them.
I know Megamonkey isn't really a Skylander-like name, but had to move on.

Quote: NEW_SpyroLUVA
I seriously want Earthquake; I think the idea of a music-based Skylander is epic, especially if it's rock/metal centered. If I may give some critiquing though, I think he could use a more memorable look, though I do like the hair.

Quote: SPARXisAWESOME
Nice! I really like Bugsaw, Automantis and Piemaster x3

Thanks guys! Very nice to hear!
Yeah, Earthquake should be all rocked-out with spiked collar/bracelets and maybe a leather jacket. Earrings and tatoos? Kiss style face paint?

Ya know, the idea of critiquing got me thinking about crowdsourcing and fan created content... Maybe for Skylanders 4 or 5, they should have a make-your-own-Skylander feature!

They need to compete with the Disney endless toy-box feature without a 100 Million dollar development.
The new consoles will be more connected and about sharing (showing off), and maybe they will have on-line co-op.
Swap-Force is approaching the "make-your-own" idea. Maybe if this game continues to be popular, it will go there more eventually.

How would that work with toys? Maybe using special magic items on existing characters, maybe just customizations?
The LittleBigPlanet style of user-created content or semi-randomized levels might help with the lack of story mode content. I'm sure they're already all over this stuff though.
Edited 10 times - Last edited at 07:35:19 27/07/2013 by Mattlander
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#10 Posted: 10:53:19 27/07/2013
Yeah, I've wanted a make your own level feature since SSA.
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#11 Posted: 11:56:09 27/07/2013
elefighter and rhunno is the best...
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me