Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Why the hate on Honey Boo Boo's Mom?
Page 1 of 1
Why the hate on Honey Boo Boo's Mom? [CLOSED]
joerox123 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1992
#1 Posted: 06:39:30 19/07/2013 | Topic Creator
I personally think she is a great mother, I mean come on she's no Casey Anthony. She doesn't lay a hand on her kids, and she supports them through everything. And yeah sure she feeds her family a lot, but she likes to make sure they are well fed, better than not feeding them at all don't you think? So what she is overweight? It is obvious to tell she has a humuongous heart and is genuinely kind. So, my question to you is: why do people hate her so much?
---
the road is long, we carry on
try to have fun in the meantime☠
Eevee88 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4397
#2 Posted: 06:39:59 19/07/2013
i never saw that show smilie
---
Heading out, my liege? A commission, I presume? Then I shall accompany you. Just...ah, allow me to indulge in one more chapter...
Bravo101 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1482
#3 Posted: 06:40:25 19/07/2013
They're jealous of her success.
Underian Emerald Sparx Gems: 3095
#4 Posted: 06:44:29 19/07/2013
All the haters will be horrible moms.
CynderFan1309 Gold Sparx Gems: 2235
#5 Posted: 06:55:31 19/07/2013
I've seen all the episodes of Here Comes Honey Boo Boo, including the latest two, and from what I can tell, she does seem like a kind, forgiving, and supportive mother. The best example I can think of is when, in the episode where Alana entered a big pageant and won nothing and was crying, June mentioned she didn't want her kids to be that upset, and it depressed her or something along those lines.

There is one thing, though... In the episode where she took her kid's phones away and left them alone and they got butter and oil ALL over the house in a slip and slide thing. It must've been a mighty pain in the ass to clean. She gave them their phones back a little after, which I guess I can understand the reasoning, but it kind of shows that her kids don't seem to be obedient and disciplined. Then again, at least she isn't abusive though.

tl;dr: Yeah, she seems like a caring mother.
Rendar Platinum Sparx Gems: 6473
#6 Posted: 06:56:54 19/07/2013
Quote: Underian
All the haters will be horrible moms.

underwearian is a horrible mom
Big Green Platinum Sparx Gems: 6345
#7 Posted: 06:59:18 19/07/2013
Quote: joerox123
I personally think she is a great mother, I mean come on she's no Casey Anthony. She doesn't lay a hand on her kids, and she supports them through everything. And yeah sure she feeds her family a lot, but she likes to make sure they are well fed, better than not feeding them at all don't you think? So what she is overweight? It is obvious to tell she has a humuongous heart and is genuinely kind. So, my question to you is: why do people hate her so much?

I don't really know anything about her but I just want to point out that's a terrible argument, it sounds like what the "friendzoned" guys say

I PRACTICED BASIC HUMAN DECENCY, THAT MEANS I AM WORTH IT RIGHT???
Hot Dog 542 Gold Sparx Gems: 2872
#8 Posted: 07:11:53 19/07/2013
haters gonna hate...
---
Quote: Bimle
Why is it that so many people have hardons for dogs?
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6606
#9 Posted: 11:26:30 19/07/2013
Quote: Pixilism
i dont even know anything about honey boo boo except that dc wont stop talking about her

DOLLER MAKE ME HALLA
---
Gay 4 GARcher
Kitty Platinum Sparx Gems: 5106
#10 Posted: 11:59:17 19/07/2013
I don't like the fact that she forces Alana to wear skimpy clothing for pageants, even if she doesn't want to, but other than that she's okay. I guess.
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8459
#11 Posted: 13:29:50 19/07/2013
At least her kids don't spend all day on the internet.
paddyfitz Gold Sparx Gems: 2242
#12 Posted: 13:33:28 19/07/2013
My theory is that they want to hate the kid, but since she's only six, they just hate the mom instead.
---
Black lives matter, love is love, trans men are men and trans women are women!!!
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#13 Posted: 15:59:01 19/07/2013
Keep in mind that she could be putting on an act on her show to make her seem like a good mother.

The fact that she entered her child into a controversial show and had her dance the way she did while wearing what she did has admittedly given me a bad view on her from the start. Saying yes to a reality TV show and having cameramen watch your children at all times doesn't help either, as it just seems like exploitation to me.
cowpowa23 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4833
#14 Posted: 16:11:38 19/07/2013
*Ahem* Being overweight does not mean you have a big heart and are genuinely kind.
It just means you are unhealthy and need to start exercising and eating better.
Anyone can be kind, but fatness doesn't always mean that person is going to be kind.
(Just thought I'd get that out there....XD )
---
I am a Cow.

"Moo".
Bravo101 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1482
#15 Posted: 18:08:05 19/07/2013
Quote: Kitty
I don't like the fact that she forces Alana to wear skimpy clothing for pageants, even if she doesn't want to, but other than that she's okay. I guess.

She doesn't force her to wear them, she likes it.
ThroneOfMalefor Platinum Sparx Gems: 5391
#16 Posted: 18:14:29 19/07/2013
People fear her mother is shaping her into a ***** for the next generation of adulthood.
---
BREATHE AIR.
MoonHorizons Gold Sparx Gems: 2826
#17 Posted: 18:22:36 19/07/2013
This has to be a joke. June ate cheeseballs for breakfast, sees farting as a way to lose weight, giving a 6-7 year old a combination of mountain dew and red bull to hype her up for the beauty shows and is giving her self indulgence. How is that not the signs that she is a horrible mother?
---
the more obscure your favorite cartoons are, the more refined your taste is
TorchSheep Emerald Sparx Gems: 3251
#18 Posted: 18:25:12 19/07/2013
She is the definition of swag.
Metallo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6419
#19 Posted: 23:28:05 19/07/2013
Quote: MoonHorizons
This has to be a joke. June ate cheeseballs for breakfast, sees farting as a way to lose weight, giving a 6-7 year old a combination of mountain dew and red bull to hype her up for the beauty shows and is giving her self indulgence. How is that not the signs that she is a horrible mother?

bro i eat damn doritos for breakfast and I BET i'm in better shape than all y'all chumps

No, no, just kidding.

Well, yes I agree with you for the most part. June does need to watch what goes on in her house and how it looks on her. But in a lot of ways, you can admire her. I mean, she's really good at saving money, which says a LOT in these economic times, and it's obvious that she has love not only for her own family, but the people around her as well. If you watch the show, you'll see that they do a lot of charity work and community service, and June is always the mastermind behind it. She does have some flaws, but overall, she's a good lady.
#20 Posted: 03:13:45 20/07/2013
^ Oh yeah, there's all the charity stuff too.
I do agree that it could just be an act for the cameras, but I don't know. I just watch the show.

Quote: cowpowa23
*Ahem* Being overweight does not mean you have a big heart and are genuinely kind.
It just means you are unhealthy and need to start exercising and eating better.
Anyone can be kind, but fatness doesn't always mean that person is going to be kind.
(Just thought I'd get that out there....smilie )

Pretty sure I and nobody else even implied that just because she is overweight means she's automatically kind.
lady_valdyme Blue Sparx Gems: 547
#21 Posted: 03:31:50 20/07/2013
Also, all of the money Honey-Boo-Boo makes from doing the show, June has put into a college fund for her so she will have a savings. The most they've spent out of that money, was a new car, the rest is all going to Alana. While some of her parenting may be viewed as skewed, she's got her priorities straight when it comes to the future education of her kid.
---
Red Panda does not approve.
#22 Posted: 03:43:40 20/07/2013
Quote: CynderFan1309
^ Oh yeah, there's all the charity stuff too.
I do agree that it could just be an act for the cameras, but I don't know. I just watch the show.

Actually I live not too far from them and our local news station interviewed their friends and neighbors. They've been doing that stuff since before Alana was born, let alone since they got famous.
Kitty Platinum Sparx Gems: 5106
#23 Posted: 03:52:24 20/07/2013
Quote: Bravo101
Quote: Kitty

She doesn't force her to wear them, she likes it.

Um, no. In Toddlers & Toddlers she made Alana wear a top that exposed her stomach. Since Alana is a bit chubby, she didn't want to wear it and she continiously begged her mom to not make her wear it, but she refused to listen.

Plus, she's 6 years old. Even if her daughter is okay with it, it's her job as her mother to say that it's not right.
#24 Posted: 03:59:39 20/07/2013
Quote: Metallo
Actually I live not too far from them and our local news station interviewed their friends and neighbors. They've been doing that stuff since before Alana was born, let alone since they got famous.

I see. In that case, that's very respectful of them to do.

I'm not sure about the 'forcing Alana to wear things she doesn't want to' though, I've only ever seen HCHBB, but that's not very responsible if she's making Alana to wear those kinds of things.
#25 Posted: 04:07:02 20/07/2013
Quote: CynderFan1309
Quote: Metallo

I see. In that case, that's very respectful of them to do.

I'm not sure about the 'forcing Alana to wear things she doesn't want to' though, I've only ever seen HCHBB, but that's not very responsible if she's making Alana to wear those kinds of things.

All I know is, Alana is going to have a TERRIBLE life as an adult. Whether June is 100% to blame or not, that's up to the viewer.

Also, I want you to know: Not all of us act like that. In fact, they're probably the only ones I've seen who do.
#26 Posted: 04:10:43 20/07/2013
Yes, I definitely don't believe everyone is like that, that would just be ignorant of me. Still, I hope Alana has a bountiful life.
Well, I think I've posted a bit too much here.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:11:33 20/07/2013 by CynderFan1309
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me