Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Disney Channel's new movie.. [CLOSED]
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#1 Posted: 17:13:19 18/07/2013 | Topic Creator
"Teen Beach Movie." It's a like a mixture of Camp Rock and High School Musical.\\

The title..;___;

It makes me not want to try at anything.
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8480
#2 Posted: 17:16:27 18/07/2013
You can't get any lazier with the title.
ClayFace Blue Sparx Gems: 835
#3 Posted: 17:33:39 18/07/2013
It sounds stupid.
Why don't disney show their classics like Oliver and Company or Pinocchio and they're always showing stupid teen movies.
Underian Emerald Sparx Gems: 3095
#4 Posted: 17:40:42 18/07/2013
The Movie part is original considering they go into a mivie >_>
Kitty Platinum Sparx Gems: 5106
#5 Posted: 17:44:48 18/07/2013
Quote: ClayFace
It sounds stupid.
Why don't disney show their classics like Oliver and Company or Pinocchio and they're always showing stupid teen movies.

Because it's Disney Channel, not Walt Disney.
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#6 Posted: 17:44:51 18/07/2013
It sounds stupid.

Oh god THIIIISSSS
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
MoonHorizons Gold Sparx Gems: 2826
#7 Posted: 17:47:08 18/07/2013
How about we get all the disney channel celebrities, AND PUSH THEM SOMEWHERE ELSE!
---
the more obscure your favorite cartoons are, the more refined your taste is
Metallo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6419
#8 Posted: 17:59:51 18/07/2013
The whole movie is a pun on teen beach movies. It's supposed to be cheesy. I think.
cowpowa23 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4833
#9 Posted: 18:05:48 18/07/2013
Quote: MoonHorizons
How about we get all the disney channel celebrities, AND PUSH THEM SOMEWHERE ELSE!

That's...
GENIUS!!1
---
I am a Cow.

"Moo".
#10 Posted: 18:28:52 18/07/2013
@MoonHorizons, okay Patrick.

Lets do that and bring the Disney classics to it.
TorchSheep Emerald Sparx Gems: 3251
#11 Posted: 20:38:30 18/07/2013
Wow.
awesomerockets Emerald Sparx Gems: 4136
#12 Posted: 20:46:06 18/07/2013
Disney Channel is not what it used to be. Most of the jokes are not even funny. I find myself saying, "I think I'm supposed to be laughing right now, why aren't I?"
---
go to my guestbook now and sign a petition to get Freddie benson into smash
Eevee88 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4424
#13 Posted: 20:46:48 18/07/2013
i know that movie i want to see it
---
Heading out, my liege? A commission, I presume? Then I shall accompany you. Just...ah, allow me to indulge in one more chapter...
#14 Posted: 20:47:15 18/07/2013
I wish they'd show the classic movies they're famous for instead of showing stupid teen shows, Phineas, and Gravity Falls.
#15 Posted: 20:54:53 18/07/2013 | Topic Creator
I wish they'd show the classic movies they're famous for instead of showing stupid teen shows, Phineas, and Gravity Falls.

Kids nowadays aren't even going to recognize over half of the classic Disney movies, that's probably why Disney Channel doesn't show them often. They showed the milked films like Cars and Incrediables. (sp)
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:55:57 18/07/2013 by parisruelz12
Eevee88 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4424
#16 Posted: 21:00:14 18/07/2013
Quote: parisruelz12

Kids nowadays aren't even going to recognize over half of the classic Disney movies, that's probably why Disney Channel doesn't show them often. They showed the milked films like Cars and Incrediables. (sp)

i love gravity falls smilie
---
Heading out, my liege? A commission, I presume? Then I shall accompany you. Just...ah, allow me to indulge in one more chapter...
BrutalBash101 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1757
#17 Posted: 21:11:09 18/07/2013
Wasn't Planes announced too? I used to always joke that they would make a movie like that, and now it's happening. I won't be shocked if they make a Boats one day.
---
Hurrah!
Ice Dragoness Diamond Sparx Gems: 7896
#18 Posted: 22:12:39 18/07/2013
Let me guess, they fall in love.
#19 Posted: 22:16:22 18/07/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: BrutalBash101
Wasn't Planes announced too? I used to always joke that they would make a movie like that, and now it's happening. I won't be shocked if they make a Boats one day.

Planes was originally supposed to be a DVD release, but somehow got booted up to theatrical.
---
aran Emerald Sparx Gems: 4040
#20 Posted: 22:20:44 18/07/2013
this is what that movie will do to me
[User Posted Image]
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:21:34 18/07/2013 by aran
#21 Posted: 22:28:37 18/07/2013

Then they'll make "Trains", then "Helicoptors", then "Tractors", then "ATVs", then "Bikes", then "Rockets", then "Ice Skates", then "Snow Mobiles", then "Zambonis", then "Blimps", then eventually they will make "People".
---
Spyro-Gamer Hunter Gems: 7322
#22 Posted: 22:49:28 18/07/2013
^I'm guessing 'ships' is next.

I might actually watch the movie just to laugh at how stupid is it. Even the title. Seriously? Teen Beach Movie? That's the best name you can come up with, Disney?

But on the subject of classic disney movies, Disney Channel has been playing Aladdin lately. And Disney Junior plays the old classic movies every weekend, so I watch them.
#23 Posted: 22:56:32 18/07/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Ice Dragoness

and the snobby girl ends up with no one.
---
Spyro-Gamer Hunter Gems: 7322
#24 Posted: 23:03:29 18/07/2013
Quote: Ice Dragoness

and the snobby girl ends up with no one.

Yeah, probably. That's how all the disney movies end these days.
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8480
#25 Posted: 23:10:29 18/07/2013
How it ends.
Main protagonist end up kissing at the end.
Main antagonist ends up being single
Comic Releif charactar won't be funny
Hot Dog 542 Gold Sparx Gems: 2872
#26 Posted: 00:04:19 19/07/2013
the people on the surfboard get married and rule teen beach while the bubblegum lady creates an alliance with only herself and then they throw away bubblegum lady cuz she was too bubblegummie ;/
---
Quote: Bimle
Why is it that so many people have hardons for dogs?
darkwolf Platinum Sparx Gems: 7107
#27 Posted: 00:31:56 19/07/2013
Quote: awesomerockets

Then they'll make "Trains", then "Helicoptors", then "Tractors", then "ATVs", then "Bikes", then "Rockets", then "Ice Skates", then "Snow Mobiles", then "Zambonis", then "Blimps", then eventually they will make "People".

Then "Trucks", too.

"Teen Beach Movie." It's a like a mixture of Camp Rock and High School Musical.\\

The title..;___;

It makes me not want to try at anything.

The title is pretty bad... smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:33:50 19/07/2013 by darkwolf
#28 Posted: 00:50:26 19/07/2013
Guys. The title is SUPPOSED to be bad. The whole movie is MAKING FUN of cheesy teen movies. It's SUPPOSED to be stupid and cheesy. -.-
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6081
#29 Posted: 01:16:55 19/07/2013
The reason for the lame title is because it's sort of mocking all of the "teen beach movies" from the like '80's. IT IS INTENDED TO BE BAD, BUT IN A LAUGHABLE WAY!

They were all cheezy, lame movies that seemed to often involve some rivalry between bikers and surfers. This is more something that older viewers who would understand the joke would enjoy.

The movie in the movie is even called "Wet Side Story", poking fun at an old play called "West-Side Story" about rival gangs.

The whole movie is one giant pun mixed with a parody. If you're going to ***** about everything, learn what it's about first!!

Honestly, I'm going to watch it as I get the real point and think it might be somewhat funny.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:18:29 19/07/2013 by Seiki
#30 Posted: 01:21:38 19/07/2013
If anyone actually watched the preivew they'd realize why it's called "Teen Beach Movie."
#31 Posted: 01:21:54 19/07/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Cynderfan507
"Teen Beach Movie"....I hate that title! smilie

SPOILER ALERT: It's a movie about teens at the beach!

@awesomerockets: Maybe after Disney's done with the whole vehicle theme, they'll move on to electronics. Maybe "Laptops", "TVs", "Smartphones".....

Disney is so unoriginal these days. The way I see it, they took a turn for the worst when Hannah Montanna first aired. What happened to their good movies, like Nightmare Before Christmas or Bolt? Really, Disney? At least air something decent. I can't believe that kids find this stuff entertaining....

Walt Disney studios and Disney Channel are 2 separate things. The maker of Disney Channel just needed somebody to back up their channel, that somebody being Disney.

Walt Disney studios does animated movies, which has nothing to do with Disney Channel. Though, I'm pretty sure if Walt himself saw what Disney Channel has become, he would be very ashamed. I would be.

But you are right, Disney Channel has no originality.
---
Bravo101 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1482
#32 Posted: 01:23:23 19/07/2013
ths is dum nd u guys r all dum
#33 Posted: 04:03:22 19/07/2013
Shows like Jessie are making me lose hope is Disney Channel. I have laughed at that show once. Yeah, once. Don't ask me why, but for some reason I've seen every episode and have laughed one frickin' time! An that GODDAMN THEME SONG! I hate it. I mute the TV when that song comes on. The other shows are okay but not great. The only show I really enjoy and look forward to is Gravity Falls, and I honestly think it belongs on Nickelodeon or Cartoon Network instead of Disney Channel. I don't know why, but I still set my DVR to record all new episodes of Disney shows! I have been watching since I was like five so I find it hard to stop. I don't care if people think some of those shows are for girls, I don't care, I watch it anyway. It doesn't mean it's good, I watch it anyway! I just hope they get something better. And the channel is too focused on music. I think it's impossible to be on Disney Channel and not be able to sing. Disney X D, well all of their cartoons suck (Well, I enjoy the Marvel cartoons), for some reason Kickin' It isn't as good as it used to be, Crash and Berstien is.............. no. Pair of Kings is ruined because of the cast switch. Lab Rats is really all I enjoy. At least Walt Disney Pictures is still okay. People are saying Pixar is getting bad, but I still enjoy it. I've had nobody to rant about Disney to except my mom so, yeah.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:04:23 19/07/2013 by awesomerockets
#34 Posted: 04:22:54 19/07/2013
Shows like Jessie are making me lose hope is Disney Channel. I have laughed at that show once. Yeah, once. Don't ask me why, but for some reason I've seen every episode and have laughed one frickin' time! An that GODDAMN THEME SONG! I hate it. I mute the TV when that song comes on. The other shows are okay but not great. The only show I really enjoy and look forward to is Gravity Falls, and I honestly think it belongs on Nickelodeon or Cartoon Network instead of Disney Channel. I don't know why, but I still set my DVR to record all new episodes of Disney shows! I have been watching since I was like five so I find it hard to stop. I don't care if people think some of those shows are for girls, I don't care, I watch it anyway. It doesn't mean it's good, I watch it anyway! I just hope they get something better. And the channel is too focused on music. I think it's impossible to be on Disney Channel and not be able to sing. Disney X D, well all of their cartoons suck (Well, I enjoy the Marvel cartoons), for some reason Kickin' It isn't as good as it used to be, Crash and Berstien is.............. no. Pair of Kings is ruined because of the cast switch. Lab Rats is really all I enjoy. At least Walt Disney Pictures is still okay. People are saying Pixar is getting bad, but I still enjoy it. I've had nobody to rant about Disney to except my mom so, yeah.

Disney Channel is getting bad as a whole.

The Sweet Life/Hannah Montanna/Wizards generation was decent. I kinda liked it, though missed and still miss the older stuff like Proud Family.

Jessie is just an awful wannabe of "The Nanny".
ANT Farm was bad to begin with, though it got worse after they redesigned it and moved them from the school.
Shake It Up is slightly better than the last two, though after the Japan thing when the set burned down and we lsot like half the cast it jsut went downhill even further.
Austin & Aly is kinda nice, reminiscent of a hint of the previous generation of shows.
Phineas and Ferb is watchable but not that amazing like they try to make it out to be. Too overrated.
Fish Hooks is so bad it's not even worth facepalming.
Dog With A Blog has to be one of the worst things on television right now. I pray for it's cancellation.
Good Luck Charlie was ok. Though adding Toby was "srsly?" and with Charlie growing up the show can't last much longer and is overall pathetic, though I like it for the sake of shipping PJ, Gabe, Spencer, and now Bo.

Gravity Falls is ****ing amazing!!!!!! Have heard it referred to as a younger version of Supernatural. Somethign that is kind of true.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
arceustheprime Ripto Gems: 5362
#35 Posted: 06:13:13 19/07/2013
[User Posted Image]
**** this topic
Bravo101 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1482
#36 Posted: 06:14:47 19/07/2013
Quote: Seiki

The Sweet Life/Hannah Montanna/Wizards generation was decent. I kinda liked it, though missed and still miss the older stuff like Proud Family.

ANT Farm was bad to begin with, though it got worse after they redesigned it and moved them from the school.
Shake It Up is slightly better than the last two, though after the Japan thing when the set burned down and we lsot like half the cast it jsut went downhill even further.
Austin & Aly is kinda nice, reminiscent of a hint of the previous generation of shows.
Phineas and Ferb is watchable but not that amazing like they try to make it out to be. Too overrated.
Dog With A Blog has to be one of the worst things on television right now. I pray for it's cancellation.
Good Luck Charlie was ok. Though adding Toby was "srsly?" and with Charlie growing up the show can't last much longer and is overall pathetic, though I like it for the sake of shipping PJ, Gabe, Spencer, and now Bo.

Gravity Falls is ****ing amazing!!!!!! Have heard it referred to as a younger version of Supernatural. Somethign that is kind of true.

dont you dare diss disney seiki
Underian Emerald Sparx Gems: 3095
#37 Posted: 06:18:47 19/07/2013

Just gonna say this, I dont like Gravity Falls
BigBoom Emerald Sparx Gems: 3262
#38 Posted: 06:24:50 19/07/2013
Quote: shorty
Quote: Metallo
The whole movie is a pun on teen beach movies. It's supposed to be cheesy. I think.

Quote: Metallo
Guys. The title is SUPPOSED to be bad. The whole movie is MAKING FUN of cheesy teen movies. It's SUPPOSED to be stupid and cheesy. -.-

The reason for the lame title is because it's sort of mocking all of the "teen beach movies" from the like '80's. IT IS INTENDED TO BE BAD, BUT IN A LAUGHABLE WAY!

They were all cheezy, lame movies that seemed to often involve some rivalry between bikers and surfers. This is more something that older viewers who would understand the joke would enjoy.

The movie in the movie is even called "Wet Side Story", poking fun at an old play called "West-Side Story" about rival gangs.

The whole movie is one giant pun mixed with a parody. If you're going to ***** about everything, learn what it's about first!!

Honestly, I'm going to watch it as I get the real point and think it might be somewhat funny.

Love how everyone ignored these reasonable posts explaining the movie.

This.
Perhaps it won't make the movie itself any better but they sure do explain the "crappy" title.
Isn't Disney directed at kids / tweens anyway?
---
this user has died. written on a note was their darkspyro login. they say hello from beyond the grave.
#39 Posted: 12:10:11 19/07/2013
I'm sure at least some of the people in this topic when they were younger watched some of these so-called "crappy" shows and whatnot like That's So Raven and Suite Life of Zack and Cody.

Disney Channel may have less cartons, but the channel hasn't changed, you as a person have.
sniper52 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1306
#40 Posted: 12:15:57 19/07/2013
I actually like Jessie. Please dont hate me. But Dog With A Blog is meh.
---
HAISHFTAYADGHpenisHDGNADGITUGDUAHD
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6632
#41 Posted: 12:16:40 19/07/2013

Good Luck Charlie was ok. Though adding Toby was "srsly?" and with Charlie growing up the show can't last much longer and is overall pathetic, though I like it for the sake of shipping PJ, Gabe, Spencer, and now Bob.

i agree, eapecially the bold. Im not the only one : D
Though, i dont watch disney anymore at all really....so i dont know whats happening in all the shows...
---
Gay 4 GARcher
#42 Posted: 15:11:50 19/07/2013
Dog With A Blog is a piece of ****
---
#43 Posted: 15:13:38 19/07/2013
Disney Channel is worse than Nick and Cartoon Network in my opinion.
Honestly, the only show I watch on CN is MAD.
Spongebob is pretty much the only one I watch on Nick, though I have watched Fairly Odd Parents a few times.
#44 Posted: 15:21:03 19/07/2013
All I watch on Cartoon Network is Ben 10, Regular Show, MAD, and Adventure Time Annoying Orange has gone from annoying being funny in the online video and annoying being just plain stupid. Nickelodeon, pretty much just Spongebob and Fairy Odd Parents. Every thing else is crap. Monsters Vs Aliens is a great movie and the show is awful. Every thing else just sucks. The Pilot of The Haunted Hathaways actually wasn't bad, but I have a feeling it's gonna fail. Sam and Cat....... I just..... can't. When the shows I liked that I listed above and Psych end, I will have only The Big Bang Theory for entertainment.
---
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#45 Posted: 15:51:37 19/07/2013
I rarely watch Disney channel anymore. the only thing I really watch is gravity falls, but that's every now and then. the only cartoons I ever watch on a regular basis nowadays are regular show, adventure time, amazing world of gumball, fairly oddparents, and legend of korra. pretty much anything else is crap. and if you think teen beach movie is bad, wait until you see the marvel avengers/ Phineas and ferb crossover episode. god, I can't stand the fact that it exists.

as for Disney themselves, I only watch their movies with Pixar and marvel nowadays. though I do like some of their older movies like Tarzan and the Lion King.
---
Cool cool.
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#46 Posted: 16:12:11 19/07/2013
It sounds stupid.

Because that's not profitable to them.

They would gain bigger profit from releasing them on Blu-Ray, which is what they've been doing for years now.

Incredibles is milked?

Planes has been announced many years ago in an attempt to increase profit off of the Cars brand. I don't imagine that a sequel or another spin-off to this will happen unless they gain large amounts from the box office, which I don't see happening. Don't get me wrong it'll be a success, but nowhere near what they expect.

Quote: Kitty
I'm sure at least some of the people in this topic when they were younger watched some of these so-called "crappy" shows and whatnot like That's So Raven and Suite Life of Zack and Cody.

Disney Channel may have less cartons, but the channel hasn't changed, you as a person have.

Even Cory in the House was decent.

-------------------------------------------

I'm not a defender of Disney. Anyone that knows me knows fully well that I mostly hate Disney (even the classics). But I am surprised that people act shocked when Disney Channel panders to the teen audience when it's been doing so since the 90s.

I'm actually just surprised that they went straight to the point with the title.
#47 Posted: 18:37:55 19/07/2013
Quote: DragonCamo

Good Luck Charlie was ok. Though adding Toby was "srsly?" and with Charlie growing up the show can't last much longer and is overall pathetic, though I like it for the sake of shipping PJ, Gabe, Spencer, and now Bob.

i agree, eapecially the bold. Im not the only one : D
Though, i dont watch disney anymore at all really....so i dont know whats happening in all the shows...

Not Bob, Bo. The guy who just joined the cast as a supporting character and replaced Spencer as Teddy's love interest. He was just hired at Bob's Bugs Be-Gone.
---
#48 Posted: 18:39:35 19/07/2013
I don't even watch any of that in the daytime. I really only watch Spike TV, Food Network, and the local news.
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me