Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > Petition to Bring the Old Spyro Back
Page 1 of 1
Petition to Bring the Old Spyro Back [CLOSED]
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6147
#1 Posted: 18:37:01 09/07/2013 | Topic Creator
Petition

This petition is for all those Spyro fans who miss the original and/or even perhaps the Legend of Spyro series and want Spyro to go back to his own games instead of being stuck in Skylanders. I'm not saying that Activision needs to get rid of Skylanders, because I do find that game alright to play, and the concept of it is pretty neat, but we just want to take Spyro out of Skylanders so that he can have his own games again. I don't know about you guys, but Spyro was my childhood, his games were the first games I ever played. I used to watch my dad play Spyro, I always used to nag him to play it too, until I was old enough to play it. I was obsessed with him for years. But now he's stuck in Skylanders, and to me it feels like people are going to remember him for all the wrong reasons. I don't want my childhood hero to be remembered as some stupid toy that only acts as a minor character in these kids game (granted his older games were kids games too, but Skylanders is aimed at a much younger audience IMO) when he used to be star back in his day. I know that good things must come to an end some day, but I don't want to have Spyro going down like this. At least have one last true Spyro game before it is time for the little purple dragon to take fight into the abyss?

I know that I'm not all that good with words, especially when it comes to posts like these, but I really hope that you guys get what I'm trying to get across here. Please forgive me if I've said anything dumb or repetitive in here. X3
Please sign this petition?
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#2 Posted: 18:44:11 09/07/2013
Petitions never work, especially when it comes to game companies like Activision. Even if they did, imagine how spoiled the Spyro fanbase would become.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Spyrois2cool4yu Gold Sparx Gems: 2535
#3 Posted: 19:16:41 09/07/2013
I sign this petition. *signs it*
Spyrois2cool4yu
You are like me. Alternate choice for skylanders. Would've been better.
---
"I'm back baby!!!"
Fall...ever changing. A symbol that nothing is forever...
"Cool" avatar made by shorty!
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6147
#4 Posted: 19:24:48 09/07/2013 | Topic Creator
^ Thank you. <3
I agree.

Quote: Aura24
Petitions never work, especially when it comes to game companies like Activision. Even if they did, imagine how spoiled the Spyro fanbase would become.

It's worth a shot, isn't it?
I didn't make this petition, but I'm willing to spread it around and help it out.
I try to be positive, it really could turn out great you know. Being negative gets you no-where if you think about it. This could go somewhere... one day, ehehe.
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#5 Posted: 19:29:09 09/07/2013
So you're like advertising a petition?

After seeing lots of bring back the old Spyro petitions that never worked, I have a feeling this petitions will go on deaf ears as well. If previous petitions didn't work in the past, what makes you think this one will work? Sure it will make fans who want the old Spyro back sign, but it will likely just be ignored like every other petition made.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Ryanator20x6 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1848
#6 Posted: 19:39:40 09/07/2013
This'll never work. It's like petitioning me to drink coffee.
---
Hello from Seattle

ask.fm/RyanNeely889
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:40:29 09/07/2013 by Ryanator20x6
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7577
#7 Posted: 19:41:41 09/07/2013
Quote: Aura24
So you're like advertising a petition?

After seeing lots of bring back the old Spyro petitions that never worked, I have a feeling this petitions will go on deaf ears as well. If previous petitions didn't work in the past, what makes you think this one will work? Sure it will make fans who want the old Spyro back sign, but it will likely just be ignored like every other petition made.

It may, but that doesn't mean people can't try. smilie
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
Spyrois2cool4yu Gold Sparx Gems: 2535
#8 Posted: 19:41:43 09/07/2013
Just officially signed. Didn't know I had to click on the link. I will tweet it. Post on Facebook. Make fake email accounts if i have to. Wait. That's cynder!? I thought she was someone else with a pesonality change in skylanders! smilie
---
"I'm back baby!!!"
Fall...ever changing. A symbol that nothing is forever...
"Cool" avatar made by shorty!
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#9 Posted: 20:45:28 09/07/2013
Eh, I understand that, though petitions don't work, it's about voicing your feelings and opinions with regards to something close to you. With that said, I'm probably not signing it, but I'm not locking the topic or anything unless the discussion gets out of hand. *shrug*
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9329
#10 Posted: 19:11:49 10/07/2013
Just play the old games again if you feel the urge to.
MoonHorizons Gold Sparx Gems: 2826
#11 Posted: 19:44:14 10/07/2013
Meh. I'll sign even though i've only played Season of Ice.
---
the more obscure your favorite cartoons are, the more refined your taste is
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#12 Posted: 19:53:06 10/07/2013
No. This won't work. Please, don't delude yourself into thinking that Activision will ever listen to you, no matter how many signatures you get. You will never make enough signatures to rival that of the number of sales they make from Skylanders.

Besides, even if you got 1 million signatures that's not a realistic representation of how many sales a Spyro game would make. Video game fans love to complain, and Spyro fans will do just that, so 1 million signatures could easily turn into 100,000 sales.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again; it is the fault of the people who complained about the series that TLoS and Skylanders exist. A lot of people didn't like ETD, AHT or any of the handheld games (that's why they moved to TLoS and, by extension, to Skylanders) so what makes you think that people will like a new Spyro game that is like the original trilogy?

Edit: Also, hate to break it to you, but that letter you've composed isn't all that convincing. It just sounds like the whining of a fanboy that (no doubt) Activision receive on a frequent basis and ignore. Besides, asking them to take Spyro and Cynder out of Skylanders isn't their best interest. What about the people who own Spyro and Cynder figures? You going to demand that they can't use them in future Skylanders games?

Your request is not only not in Activision's best interest, but is also unreasonable and unfair to both Activision and those who do enjoy Skylanders.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:57:37 10/07/2013 by bionicle2809
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9329
#13 Posted: 19:59:10 10/07/2013
I believe that anyone, and everyone in this forum are just as bad as each other.
BlinktheCookie Emerald Sparx Gems: 3556
#14 Posted: 20:16:55 10/07/2013
Quote: bionicle2809
No. This won't work. Please, don't delude yourself into thinking that Activision will ever listen to you, no matter how many signatures you get. You will never make enough signatures to rival that of the number of sales they make from Skylanders.

Besides, even if you got 1 million signatures that's not a realistic representation of how many sales a Spyro game would make. Video game fans love to complain, and Spyro fans will do just that, so 1 million signatures could easily turn into 100,000 sales.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again; it is the fault of the people who complained about the series that TLoS and Skylanders exist. A lot of people didn't like ETD, AHT or any of the handheld games (that's why they moved to TLoS and, by extension, to Skylanders) so what makes you think that people will like a new Spyro game that is like the original trilogy?

Edit: Also, hate to break it to you, but that letter you've composed isn't all that convincing. It just sounds like the whining of a fanboy that (no doubt) Activision receive on a frequent basis and ignore. Besides, asking them to take Spyro and Cynder out of Skylanders isn't their best interest. What about the people who own Spyro and Cynder figures? You going to demand that they can't use them in future Skylanders games?

Your request is not only not in Activision's best interest, but is also unreasonable and unfair to both Activision and those who do enjoy Skylanders.

This.

There are sure to be games out there that are surprisingly similar to the classic Spyro games. Perhaps Activision or one of his old owners will create a spin-off with the same gameplay, but don't expect them to dislodge the franchise from a perfectly profitable position to pander to the petty whims of a screaming cult fanbase.
SamXala Gold Sparx Gems: 2398
#15 Posted: 20:24:31 10/07/2013
I'll sign to this petition, I just want to give my support. ^-^

Quote: SuperSpyroFan
I believe that anyone, and everyone in this forum are just as bad as each other.

Probably...
---
O_0 Holy Cow!! I'm a Gold Sparx!
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10259
#16 Posted: 20:30:35 10/07/2013
Quote: SuperSpyroFan

Difference is in how reasonable you are in an argument and how you can hold opinions/hype to yourself when it's not the right time,something most people don't do right,specially in this forum.I can't keep myself away from a good argument all the time yet I'm pretty aware I avoided some stuff that it wasn't worth arguing over to begin with.After some threads going from healthy discussion to snapping at each other and people blindly yelling their opinions,it's not worth the time.Then again,since LOS this fandom was never about healthy discussions.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#17 Posted: 20:31:50 10/07/2013
I once saw a Spyro-related topic break into an argument over the Sonic fanbase... it was awesome.
MoonHorizons Gold Sparx Gems: 2826
#18 Posted: 20:37:49 10/07/2013
Quote: BlinktheCookie
I once saw a Spyro-related topic break into an argument over the Sonic fanbase... it was awesome.

Link please?
---
the more obscure your favorite cartoons are, the more refined your taste is
#19 Posted: 20:40:01 10/07/2013
The majority of the comments have been deleted, so you kind of have to use your imagination:

//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=83536
#20 Posted: 21:30:56 10/07/2013
Quote: Sesshomaru75
Why can't they just keep them in Skylanders AND make a Spyro game? It isn't that hard if they get the right developers, especially considering how much money they are making off of Skylanders. I really never understood that.

Apparently all of Activision's in-house development studios are busy with their own projects. And the ones that aren't... well you wouldn't want them making a Spyro game. <.<
---
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10259
#21 Posted: 21:33:03 10/07/2013
Why can't they just keep them in Skylanders AND make a Spyro game? It isn't that hard if they get the right developers, especially considering how much money they are making off of Skylanders. I really never understood that.

IP problems?I'm no expert with that,but considering Activision is so clingy when it comes to their characters,they won't try to risk having two series with the same character even if they have more than enough money for that.They should learn about doing crossovers like Nintendo and take risks every now and then instead of doing the same thing to every franchise they've got every year.

EDIT: No,no crossovers between companies;I take too long to notice double meaning in phrases.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:35:55 10/07/2013 by Bifrost
#22 Posted: 22:00:23 10/07/2013

Because it's not in their best interest, nor in the interest of their investors, to make a Spyro game. Why would they? To please a couple hundred thousand people when they can make a Call of Duty and Skylanders game each year that reaches well over a million sales and even more in profit.
#23 Posted: 22:21:17 10/07/2013
Because it's not in their best interest, nor in the interest of their investors, to make a Spyro game. Why would they? To please a couple hundred thousand people when they can make a Call of Duty and Skylanders game each year that reaches well over a million sales and even more in profit.

If Call of Duty and Skylanders really make them that much money, then there shouldn't be much harm at all in making one Spyro game. They can still make Skylanders and release at least one Spyro game. It wouldn't do much harm.

But what's the point? It's such a pointless investment to have a company develop a game when they could be working on something else only to make a very small profit from it. Besides, would you really want Activision to force Spyro onto a devteam that has no passion for the series or games alike it? Because that's what they would be doing and we'd end up with a terrible and rushed product that would be priced at $60 and no one would want to buy.

This is the thing, people who say they want a new Spyro game don't think about the consequences. They think that it will be all sunshine and rainbows like the original trilogy, but in reality we already had two chances to have Spyro games done in the original trilogy style - and those games did so poor in sales that they moved onto TLoS. I don't understand what makes anyone think that a new Spyro game would do better.
#24 Posted: 22:39:51 10/07/2013
@Sess: You say it would do little to no harm, but if a project like that were to produce a net loss, which is the risk that comes with anything like that, it will lead to a ripple effect that will impact Activision's ability to conduct its business in the future. Corporations like Activision are here to make money and cater to the wishes of their stockholders. I don't think most of Activision's stockholders would want them to gamble on an IP that hasn't had a game of its own in 5 years and is no longer a household name. <.<
---
#25 Posted: 22:51:44 10/07/2013
But what's the point? It's such a pointless investment to have a company develop a game when they could be working on something else only to make a very small profit from it. Besides, would you really want Activision to force Spyro onto a devteam that has no passion for the series or games alike it? Because that's what they would be doing and we'd end up with a terrible and rushed product that would be priced at $60 and no one would want to buy.

This is the thing, people who say they want a new Spyro game don't think about the consequences. They think that it will be all sunshine and rainbows like the original trilogy, but in reality we already had two chances to have Spyro games done in the original trilogy style - and those games did so poor in sales that they moved onto TLoS. I don't understand what makes anyone think that a new Spyro game would do better.

I'm saying that it would do little to no harm if they did and the point is to shut up the fans that keep badgering them for the old Spyro. If they made a Spyro game, whether it be Classic, Legend, or whatever, and it did terrible, then they simply wouldn't have to bother with it again. Little harm would be done and they would basically show that the classics cannot be brought back so long as Activison remains in control. Plain and simple.

But that was my point exactly. You can't have the attitude of "Oh, go on, one more game and if it's bad we'll leave you alone" because there will always be people who will say "No! You should have done better! Make another one!!". That is exactly what this whole topic is about, people not satisfied with their last attempts and saying "Oh, you need to do it again!" despite the fact that they did do it again; 10 times.
XSparxX Emerald Sparx Gems: 4752
#26 Posted: 00:59:18 11/07/2013
They can develop a remake of Spyro 1-3 as a download game for the PSN, eShop and so... I don't see a problem with that. They have no risk with bad sales like a retail game.
---
"If I had any humanity left, I would have been crushed by the guilt by now."
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:00:04 11/07/2013 by XSparxX
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8681
#27 Posted: 02:16:19 11/07/2013
To be honest, an "old" Spyro game may never happen again. It's clear that Skylanders is making Activision a lot of money. There hasn't been a "classic" Spyro game since A Hero's Tail, which was released in 2004. That should make it clear that Activision does not want, or have the intent to make a new "classic" Spyro game. I've learned to accept it.
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:17:24 11/07/2013 by JCW555
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#28 Posted: 02:32:24 11/07/2013
*Explodes.of stupidness*
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
#29 Posted: 07:14:08 11/07/2013
Quote: XSparxX
They can develop a remake of Spyro 1-3 as a download game for the PSN, eShop and so... I don't see a problem with that. They have no risk with bad sales like a retail game.

How so? The only thing they'd save by having it a download title is the cost to print disks and covers. A download title would be worse, how many kids have access to purchase games online? How many kids use the online stores? Not many.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me