Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > Sometimes I wonder, if I have the power...
Page 1 of 1
Sometimes I wonder, if I have the power... [CLOSED]
mr coolguy98 Red Sparx Gems: 73
#1 Posted: 21:41:20 07/07/2013 | Topic Creator
Sometimes I wonder, if I have the power to change. Laugh at me all you want, but this is my dream. I wonder if me and some like-minded people can do something about this, and put an end to this nightmare once and for all. I'm through sitting on the sidelines, waiting for a miracle to happen. People say "Follow your dreams, and they might come true". Well, this is my dream.

Wait no, what am I saying!? I'm 20 years old now. Am I really going to waste my first few years of adulthood on some stupid grudge? It's not worth it, is it? I could be doing something much more productive. I could be a doctor or something! But no, this is the path I want to choose. To save my precious memories. This isn't about me. This isn't what I want to do for the rest of my life. It's about Spyro!

I expect to get a lot of negativity about this. *puts up anti-flame shield* But I just want to let you guys know that I'm dead serious. So serious that I would waste my years in college on it. Can I ask of you guys, please, to be mature about this? Do you guys think this is worth it, doing this with my life?

EDIT: Sorry I didn't make myself clear. I'm doing this for Spyro... I want to avenge him
---
Favorite Playstation games:
Spyro, Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter, Guitar Hero, GTA
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:02:42 07/07/2013 by mr coolguy98
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#2 Posted: 21:48:06 07/07/2013
Apparently this is about Spyro. I have no advice. <.<
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:57:13 07/07/2013 by HIR
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10259
#3 Posted: 23:59:58 07/07/2013
Dunno,man,if you want to wreck the favorite series of several million children for something you think you and a buncha oldbies deserve,no one can stop you but Activision. I've got no advice or 'rudeness' to spare,but if this is about making Classic/Legend vs. Skylanders discussion even more heated(at least that's what several Youtubers mean when they want to 'avenge' something that isn't even dead),you shouldn't be expecting anything good out of it.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#4 Posted: 00:18:13 08/07/2013
Quote: Bifrost
Dunno,man,if you want to wreck the favorite series of several million children for something you think you and a buncha oldbies deserve,no one can stop you but Activision. I've got no advice or 'rudeness' to spare,but if this is about making Classic/Legend vs. Skylanders discussion even more heated(at least that's what several Youtubers mean when they want to 'avenge' something that isn't even dead),you shouldn't be expecting anything good out of it.

this.
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
Tel Prydain Blue Sparx Gems: 903
#5 Posted: 01:13:30 08/07/2013
[User Posted Image]
Ah-huh.
---
My collection: 98/99
Photos: http://s1298.photobucket.com/u...rary/Skylanders
Looking for: smilie
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#6 Posted: 01:22:48 08/07/2013
Quote: mr coolguy98
Sometimes I wonder, if I have the power to change. Laugh at me all you want, but this is my dream. I wonder if me and some like-minded people can do something about this, and put an end to this nightmare once and for all. I'm through sitting on the sidelines, waiting for a miracle to happen. People say "Follow your dreams, and they might come true". Well, this is my dream.

Wait no, what am I saying!? I'm 20 years old now. Am I really going to waste my first few years of adulthood on some stupid grudge? It's not worth it, is it? I could be doing something much more productive. I could be a doctor or something! But no, this is the path I want to choose. To save my precious memories. This isn't about me. This isn't what I want to do for the rest of my life. It's about Spyro!

I expect to get a lot of negativity about this. *puts up anti-flame shield* But I just want to let you guys know that I'm dead serious. So serious that I would waste my years in college on it. Can I ask of you guys, please, to be mature about this? Do you guys think this is worth it, doing this with my life?

EDIT: Sorry I didn't make myself clear. I'm doing this for Spyro... I want to avenge him

*sighs* Another "avenging Spyro" topic... First you say that the changes in the franchise is causing you pain and depression, and now another "I want the old Spyro back!" topic is made.

A lot of users have done the same thing you did, cool, since 2006 in fact. But all their petitions, requests, attempts, and pleas have been ignored.

How do you know you're doing this for Spyro? We all don't know what Spyro thinks of the changes because he isn't real. How can you take action over a game franchise when its lead character doesn't even exist and agrees with you? And you said you're going to waste the first years of your adulthood over something many others have tried and failed.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 01:48:25 08/07/2013 by Aura24
#7 Posted: 02:28:39 08/07/2013 | Topic Creator
Well here we go again. I feel like I have to say this everytime I post here: I'm not talking about Skylanders!!! I don't want to ruin any series! If anything, I want Skylanders to live a long life! Because I now know the pain of losing your favorite video game series, and I would never let the Skylanders kids have to endure what I endured. No one deserves that. I just want Spyro out of there. He doesn't belong there. Just turn that dragon green or red and call it something else. Remove all ties that Spyro has to Skylanders. Then, he can have at least one more game. That's all I'm asking for, one more. Spyro is not going to die as a Skylander!

Anyway, back on topic. Yeah that's right, I'm going to try to become a video game designer. I've always had some interest in that. But now I have a greater motive. But I can't do it alone. I need to find other people who agree with me. At least I'll make an indie game based on Spyro. But one things for sure, if a big company offers me millions of dollars so that they can mess up my video game, I would gladly say no. I'd rather stay true to my ideas than be a sell out.
---
#8 Posted: 02:33:28 08/07/2013
Fans have tried to change the Spyro franchise since the Legend of Spyro trilogy, cool. Spyro was added in Skylanders, and they're not going to take him out all because of a few fans don't want him in the game who aren't even the game's target audience.

Making a fan game based on the old Spyro game is one thing, but the company owning the Spyro IP may take action if you're doing the game within another game company.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:34:40 08/07/2013 by Aura24
Ryanator20x6 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1848
#9 Posted: 12:34:42 08/07/2013
Not this again.
---
Hello from Seattle

ask.fm/RyanNeely889
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6124
#10 Posted: 18:30:15 08/07/2013
You should totes be a video game designer, dude, but not for a reason this shallow. Look, I've been where you are. I practically owned this fandom in 2009. In the end, it's not worth your time. Yes, keep loving Spyro. Replay the old games (they're fun; I do it all the time) and don't bother with the ones you don't like. But when it comes to your career and your future, spend your time on something actually meaningful to you. You didn't make Spyro, you don't own him, he's not yours, and, in the end, spending all your energy and time on something that doesn't belong to you will only come back to kick dirt in your face, be it with an entire fandom that will never take you seriously, knowing you've wasted several years of your life for nothing, or an outright legal cease and desist from the people who do own the Spyro franchise.

Companies rarely hire fanboys. I know folks in the games industry. Unless you have a higher aim than remaking a franchise almost fifteen years old, you will not make it. I don't say this to be mean. It is a fact of the industry. You will be chewed up and spit out before you can even earn that DigiPen degree.

tl;dr: I say this in all kindness, you need to get a life outside of the Internet and Spyro fandom.
BlinktheCookie Emerald Sparx Gems: 3556
#11 Posted: 18:53:54 08/07/2013
I was going to say something and then Razz put it better...

Sure, become a game designer, but then what? What if you never gain the rescources to do what you intend on doing, and end up with a profession you don't want anymore because the only reason you took it up was to "avenge" a franchise you simply couldn't do anything about?
#12 Posted: 20:14:51 08/07/2013
Here's a good example:

I spent years trying to get Elora the faun into Skylanders, or any Spyro game at all, because she's my favorite character in this whole franchise. I built a fan site, I made a hugely successful dA group, I got people to talk about her on forums and sites, drew hundreds of pieces of art, wrote letters and emails to people at Toys for Bob, made my own fan comic about her to gather more interest, held contests, and got other people to draw and write about her over the course of three years. This was something I devoted more time and effort to than I gave my own projects.

Guess what? It's been recently confirmed that she will never be in any Skylanders game, ever. The likelihood of Elora ever coming back into the Spyro franchise at all is almost zero. So what did I spend those three years on? Nothing. That was three years of my life, my talent, poured into something that, ultimately, I had no control over whatsoever.

So what do I do now, instead? I took all the ideas I had for Elora and put them into original content that will go into my personal projects which will get me somewhere much better than sitting on a forum and whining about how ActiVision or whoever took away my childhood hero. Even if nothing comes of these projects, they will at least be mine and something I had control over. My life no longer revolves around what does or doesn't happen to a cartoon faun I don't own and, as a result, it is actually worth living.

You can make the exact same mistakes I did (and dozens of other people in this fandom alone have) or you can actually do something worthwhile with your time on earth. It's your call.

Edit: Aura just let me know that, in an interview I hadn't seen before, it was mentioned some Spyro characters from older games may yet appear in Skylanders. Regardless, my point still stands. If Elora does come back, it won't be because I had anything to do with it, it will be because the team behind the game thought it was a good idea.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:16:36 08/07/2013 by Razz
#13 Posted: 21:25:20 08/07/2013 | Topic Creator
Alright, so I don't have the power to bring Spyro back. All I can do is make fan material. All I want is for the memory of the regular Spyro to live on. I don't want people to immediately think of Skyro when they hear the word Spyro. At this point I think people still think of regular Spyro first (except for little kids). I don't know if I'm going to go through with the game designer thing. Maybe if I create fan material of Spyro I can keep his memory alive. But I guess that's all I can do.
---
#14 Posted: 21:45:08 08/07/2013
Haha, it's like he didn't even read my post. XD Oh well. Feel free to repeat the past, dude. We all do it at least once. Hopefully you'll find a better use of your time when you're 30. :)

Personally, if I'm going to spend time creating things, I'd rather be remembered myself than provide remembrance for a franchise that hasn't even been forgotten.
#15 Posted: 22:21:34 08/07/2013
Is it bad that I get a little creeped out when fans are way too deep into a game franchise that they think their favorite video game character is alive?
---
#16 Posted: 22:32:09 08/07/2013
No. It is creepy. I've dealt with more than one person like that just in this fandom and it's unsettling. D: Granted, I was that person a little bit for awhile, which I suppose makes encountering others who are still like that even creepier. I suppose if Cynder and Ninjini have creeper fans like that, Spyro is bound to have at least one. Eugh.
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#17 Posted: 22:37:07 08/07/2013
Quote: mr coolguy98
Alright, so I don't have the power to bring Spyro back. All I can do is make fan material. All I want is for the memory of the regular Spyro to live on. I don't want people to immediately think of Skyro when they hear the word Spyro. At this point I think people still think of regular Spyro first (except for little kids). I don't know if I'm going to go through with the game designer thing. Maybe if I create fan material of Spyro I can keep his memory alive. But I guess that's all I can do.

I do hope you realise that once they stop making Spyro figures for the Skylanders games that's it - he's gone. If anyone started playing Skylanders after that they will have not a clue who Spyro is unless they looked it up. This day could come sooner than you think, since the selection of repose characters keeps decreasing every year.
#18 Posted: 00:04:18 09/07/2013
Quote: SPARXisAWESOME
Quote: Aura24
Is it bad that I get a little creeped out when fans are way too deep into a game franchise that they think their favorite video game character is alive?

No, I think it's totally creepy e__o
Some game characters have been semi-ruined for me 'cause of their clingy fans..

SAWNIK? <.<
---
#19 Posted: 00:07:28 09/07/2013
Stay away! Stay FAR away! D: I only touched the fringes of that fanbase and...oh man. D: You just...no. You don't want to know. ;_;
#20 Posted: 00:08:11 09/07/2013
Quote: Razz
Stay away! Stay FAR away! D: I only touched the fringes of that fanbase and...oh man. D: You just...no. You don't want to know. ;_;

Banned from Sonic Retro for saying I didn't like Jun Senoue's music in Sonic games. ^.^b
---
#21 Posted: 00:39:06 09/07/2013
I can probably tell you anything you want to know about Sally since I watched the cartoon she was in. Feel free to PM me. :)

With the Sonic fandom, just imagine creepy Cynder fans and realize that the entire Sonic fanbase is made up of them. D:
spyro and sonic Diamond Sparx Gems: 8325
#22 Posted: 00:46:34 09/07/2013
Quote: Razz
I can probably tell you anything you want to know about Sally since I watched the cartoon she was in. Feel free to PM me. smilie

With the Sonic fandom, just imagine creepy Cynder fans and realize that the entire Sonic fanbase is made up of them. D:

That is not true.
#23 Posted: 00:58:17 09/07/2013
Pfft. I'll believe that when I see it. I've met a lot of Sonic fans and they were all like that. Not all of them were perverts, but they were all about as tolerable as Cyndorks and for similar reasons.
#24 Posted: 01:29:07 09/07/2013
Good job completely ruining your argument about not generalizing people by generalizing one and being directly rude in the process. :) I was going to throw something in about the possibility of a non-skeevy Sonic fan (just like the extremely rare non-skeevy furry) but you're pretty much backing up my initial statement by being exactly what I described and a hypocrite to boot. Thanks for making my point for me. :)

Fandoms are not the same as ethnicities or groups of humans who are differently abled or have different sexualities. They are groups of obsessive people (fan = fanatic; fandom = domain/kingdom of fanatics). Almost all of them follow certain behavior patterns as groups and many of the larger fandoms which attract certain groups (in my experience, said group is furries) become cesspits of entertainment that earn their reputations around the web as being full of obnoxious, creepy people. The Sonic fandom has this reputation and it has it for a reason. If you want to disprove it, screeching that I am wrong only validates that this negative reputation is deserved.

Want me to believe that there are some decent Sonic fans out there? Introduce me to one or, better yet, maybe trying being one yourself.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:36:12 09/07/2013 by Razz
#25 Posted: 01:38:11 09/07/2013
Guys, sorry I derailed this, uh, topic... but take it somewhere else or I'm going to close it, and I don't think the OP would appreciate that very much. <.<
---
#26 Posted: 01:40:33 09/07/2013
Woops. Didn't see your post in time, HIR. Can do. :)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:41:09 09/07/2013 by Razz
#27 Posted: 01:45:05 09/07/2013
No problem.
---
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#28 Posted: 01:49:33 09/07/2013

Nope.
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
Ryanator20x6 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1848
#29 Posted: 20:00:00 09/07/2013

Nope, and it's it's good that you were honest.
---
Hello from Seattle

ask.fm/RyanNeely889
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9329
#30 Posted: 20:42:29 10/07/2013
I like playing the old Spyro games a lot, but I don't let it get in the way of my life.
Ruler of all Blue Sparx Gems: 756
#31 Posted: 01:32:12 31/08/2013
Quote: SPARXisAWESOME
You make it sound like he's dead or something..

I know right?
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me