darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Swap Force > Upgrade path recommendations!! (Top and bottom halves)
Page 1 of 1
Upgrade path recommendations!! (Top and bottom halves) [CLOSED]
skylandergiants Yellow Sparx Gems: 1020
#1 Posted: 17:35:20 10/06/2013 | Topic Creator
Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know, we don't even know all the characters yet, but I'll bump it when the game comes out.

Top halves:

Magna:
Night:
Wash:
Blast:
Freeze:
Stink:
Rattle(don't know bottom half yet):

Bottom halves:

Charge:
Shift:
Buckler:
Zone:
Blade:
Bomb:
??????:

Core:

Countdown:
Roller Brawl:
---
---
---
It's time for Africa.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:36:46 10/06/2013 by skylandergiants
#2 Posted: 17:40:11 10/06/2013 | Topic Creator
Reserved for something.
---
---
---
It's time for Africa.
NINJAsk11 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1124
#3 Posted: 19:51:21 10/06/2013
ok? and thisis?
#4 Posted: 19:53:17 10/06/2013 | Topic Creator
Upgrade path recommendations.
---
---
---
It's time for Africa.
#5 Posted: 19:53:59 10/06/2013
yeah...sure...but......its too eerly
#6 Posted: 19:55:24 10/06/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: skylandergiants
Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know, we don't even know all the characters yet, but I'll bump it when the game comes out.

-------
---
---
---
It's time for Africa.
#7 Posted: 19:56:22 10/06/2013
ok then i go away slowly and
sigurduk Blue Sparx Gems: 927
#8 Posted: 20:11:00 06/11/2013
bump

What paths are people choosing?
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#9 Posted: 20:27:26 06/11/2013
Shift: Underbat path all day <3
Buckler: Tentacoolest

and I havent memorized the rest
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#10 Posted: 13:16:32 07/11/2013

Top halves:

Magna:
Night:
Wash:
Blast:
Freeze:
Stink:

Bottom halves:

Charge:
Shift:
Buckler:
Zone:
Blade:
Bomb:
??????:

Core:

Countdown:
Roller Brawl:

I was thinking of doing a video series on this, but just to enduldge.

Magna - Gun it the usual choice.
Night - He punches stuff...so pick the punch path
Wash - No comment - he bores me. Good single target attacks, but nothing awe inspiring
Blast - I'm on the fence. Bombs are the way to go, ut I've recently been wondering how effective fire would be if paired with say - shift, essentially teleport -> circle flame ->teleport (loop)
Rattle - Deputy. You can use it more frequently, and it helps to setup what "I" feel is is best setup - Rattle Drilla. "DEM TURRETS!"

Charge - Dem Magnets
Shift - most go the survival route, I went the vortex route and have no inspiration to change that...
Buckler - ink...high damage goodness
Zone - the one that engulfs him in fire when it ends, it gives him a permanent fire shield essentially, and the damage is nice when fully charged
- Unreall
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#11 Posted: 14:33:22 07/11/2013
Quote: Unreallystic

Top halves:

Magna:
Night:
Wash:
Blast:
Freeze:
Stink:

Bottom halves:

Charge:
Shift:
Buckler:
Zone:
Blade:
Bomb:
??????:

Core:

Countdown:
Roller Brawl:

I was thinking of doing a video series on this, but just to enduldge.

Magna - Gun it the usual choice.
Night - He punches stuff...so pick the punch path
Wash - No comment - he bores me. Good single target attacks, but nothing awe inspiring
Blast - I'm on the fence. Bombs are the way to go, ut I've recently been wondering how effective fire would be if paired with say - shift, essentially teleport -> circle flame ->teleport (loop)
Rattle - Deputy. You can use it more frequently, and it helps to setup what "I" feel is is best setup - Rattle Drilla. "DEM TURRETS!"

Charge - Dem Magnets
Shift - most go the survival route, I went the vortex route and have no inspiration to change that...
Buckler - ink...high damage goodness
Zone - the one that engulfs him in fire when it ends, it gives him a permanent fire shield essentially, and the damage is nice when fully charged
- Unreall

Night"s "punch" path is worthless
All it does is it makes enemies drop gold if you knock them out with an uppercut
Also Buckler is way better on tentacoolest
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
diddy50 Gold Sparx Gems: 2554
#12 Posted: 18:26:21 07/11/2013
you don't really need tentacoolest when you have the soul gen ability. Ink is way better in my opinion.
lippyskillz Yellow Sparx Gems: 1371
#13 Posted: 23:12:30 08/11/2013
Hoot Loop and Blast Zone top half recommendations?
Kiroq Gold Sparx Gems: 2328
#14 Posted: 00:13:57 11/11/2013
Which paths does everyone think is better for Fire Kraken, Grim Creeper, Slobbertooth and Hoot Loop?
Also, it's against the rules to bump a topic without actually putting anything in.
---
smilie Fools! I've had it up to here with your incompetence! Actually no, even higher..up to HERE!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:15:18 11/11/2013 by Kiroq
keuntje Red Sparx Gems: 30
#15 Posted: 00:50:04 11/11/2013
Grim creeper top path ghost form is to slow. With the 3rd attack (Y on xbox) you can keep a lot of the enemies suspended in mid air, very handy since they can't do anything then. Extra crit is really helpfull aswel.

Slobber tooth go with the tail path. You won't use a lot from the top. The eating enemies for health takes to long for him to swallow. The damage over time is a pain to aim for little damage and the suction move is only good combined with a headbud which tail does in one move.
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#16 Posted: 14:49:40 11/11/2013
Hoot Loop I have two of, and I actually like it that way - at least for the top. The Magic blast is going to net you higher damage *duh*, but the hypnotize path is GREAT for certain bottoms - I use it with Drill & Ranger, you get extra damage from the turrets, more time to setup bombs, etc with Drilla - and with Ranger, you can pretty much spin and slow everything that isn't a boss charcater - making you almost 100% 'safe'.

Blast Zone, bomb path seems pretty unanimous, I've got some idea for the fire path, but nothing 'great' (pair it with shift for instance with vortex, teleport, fire, teleport, to pull people into the fire, keep them there, etc, but the damage isn't great - similar with Ranger). For the Zone, the path with the fiery Aura is the way to go "IMO". It's a pretty permanent shield that does solid up-close damage, great for melee characters. Oh back to Blast, his fire breathe affects more than his own bombs. I frequently use Blast Jet - and use the bombs on the jet through the fire (though now that I have the soul gem upgrade, thats not super useful, but who knows what else will come down the pipeline with a similar gain (ink catches on fire too)).

Slobbertooth, Keuntje is spot on. *nods in agreement*

I'm not sure about Fire Kraken, I use the dragon parade path, as the move seem useless without and when paired with the right bottom, it can illicate some interesting affects (try Fire Zone not only do you have armor and ADDITIONAL damage while in the dragon form, but there is a cool graphical glitch sometimes where the fire shield takes on the properties of the fireworks and is white; also try Fire Shift with Vortex - you can teleport into dragon endlessly and pretty much cause tons of chaos)...however, I have NOT tried the other path with Fire.
- Unreall
Angry Rage Quit Yellow Sparx Gems: 1488
#17 Posted: 10:26:15 14/11/2013
These are the ones I've picked so far. Most of them are based on fun factor smilie
For me anyways... smilie

Blast - Ignition.
I reckon it's fun throwing ACME style bombs at enemies, so flaming bombs are better! Plus, the Flame Breath takes too long for my liking to complete the ring required for Reaction Satisfaction and the damage payoff and immobility while doing so aren't worth it
Zone - Temperatures Rising
Tried both, but since I went with Tornado Thrower on Free Ranger, I wanted to differentiate the two bottom halves. Once the fiery aura is up, it's pretty good for bonus damage on further dashes into enemies.

Wash - Bubble Buccaneer
I just love the animation of Piranhas chomping away on some unfortunate soul! I think it's useful to tie down a lower priority enemy while you deal with a more immediate threat too eg: trap a troll while you deal with a Gear Golem
Buckler - Tentacoolest
'Cause using Somersaulty to roll behind an enemy, smack him with Tentacleaver for a cheeky bit of damage and then roll away to rinse and repeat as he turns to face is pretty cool

Magna - Magnetic Armaments
While the added damage and knockback from the Magnet Tuner path are probably more useful, I think the pseudo "extra attack" gained from Discharge Recharge. Having a charge ability at your disposal gives more options sometimes I reckon.
Charge - Static Buildup
I love this bottom half. Great speed, ability to drag and thus damage enemies with an invulnerable period while not attacking - it's great! smilie Went with this path to shock them in front of me, blast away with the cannon and then drag 'em about again.

Night - Proper Vampire
The healing factor, combined with the Batty Coach, gives you great staying power smilie
Shift - Underbat
Oh no! I died!
... Wait a sec. smilie So useful and cool, it's bordering on unfair!

Hoot - Hypno-Owl
I use the Hypnotism attack so often that upgrading it was pretty much essential smilie
Loop - Escape Artist
I'm not really keen on either of these paths for character and amusement value, so I picked this one to get the damage boost to all teleport attacks from Teleport Turbulence

Free - Storm Focus
I under used the Eyes of the Storm attack because it was low powered. Still not sure about my choice here...
Ranger - Tornado Thrower
Tried both. Lobbing tornadoes is definitely more fun smilie Kind of gives you a ranged attack along with the Gale Slash.

Fire - Magnificent Parade
Launching a Chinese Dragon in someone's face should be an internationally accepted greeting.
Kraken - Booming Bouncer
The knockback from Strike the Foes is useful surrounded and the extra fireworks from Bigbadaboom give more of a party feeling. A party of exploding Arkeyans and flaming Chompies smilie

Rattle - Deputy's Duty
I like "drones" in Skylanders; attacks which put something on the field that enemies try to attack instead of you so this was a given path really.
Shake - Bone Herder
Though Graveyard Smash in the Grave Springer path help make the incredibly disappointing On Brand attack look cooler and be more useful in damage terms, I prefer summoning huge undead snakes as opposed to smashing into the ground and springing forward. Rattle Shake shouldn't really want to get closer to enemies, surely? The ability to charge bone snakes while moving thanks to Dances With Snakes is a godsend too.

Grilla - Monkey Master
Minions, attack! Monkey Call's damage output is too low without this path IMO. The drills get enough along the way and thanks to his soul gem, plus the ability to hold the attack down and actively slow the enemy you're damaging.
And calling troops of howler monkeys to beat up the enemies is funny.
Drilla - Coconut Caretaker
The AoE granted to the drone Planted Turret attacks is just as fun as rapid fire bananas. I keep swapping between this and Banana Blaster if I'm honest. Both are pretty cool

Boom - Squad Leader
Achtung! Ju 87! The extra bombs dropped with the Air Strike ability here sealed it for me, completing the mental image I get of a Stuka dive bombing run. I rarely use the Go Long! attack because the charge time is too long for a low payoff, so I didn't fancy upgrading it further.
Jet - Ace Gunner
Wasn't too keen on the naff damage output of the Turbulence attack, so tried this to ramp it up. Lacks fun factor though, so I'll probably switch to Sky Writer
---
Whip up a storm!
yokey25 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1298
#18 Posted: 21:57:14 14/11/2013
Could some one give me recommendations for
Hoot: Both paths seem good.
Blast :
Zone : IDK which for both halves. The paths seem horrible.
Shift :Both paths seem good.
Magna : I just don't know which.
Charge : I just don't know which.
Sprocket : I just don't know which.
Boom : Both paths seem good.
Free : I just don't know which.
Ranger : I just don't know which.
---
My favorite swap is Free Shift. As Shakespeare would say"Tis an awesome character."
#19 Posted: 22:16:59 14/11/2013
I'm just going to put the name of the path not why as it will take too long
Hoot - Hypno-Owl
Blast - Ignition
Zone - Temperatures Rising
Shift - both are good but I'd say Underbat
Magna - Magnetic Armaments
Charge - Static Buildup
Sprocket - Operator (though if it's series 2 you can switch paths and try both out)
Boom - Squad Leader
Free - Wind Slasher
Ranger - Tornado Thrower
---
smilie Fools! I've had it up to here with your incompetence! Actually no, even higher..up to HERE!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:18:12 14/11/2013 by Kiroq
Failinhearts Gold Sparx Gems: 2376
#20 Posted: 18:50:26 30/11/2013
What about Bumble Blast's path? Which is better?
---
SSA: 37/37. SG: 61/62. SSF: 73/75 STT: 42/78
Have left this forum, who knows if I'll come back...
A believer of Jesus Christ
#21 Posted: 21:39:59 30/11/2013
Both are good but I prefer the Bee Keeper path
---
Eggers Yellow Sparx Gems: 1305
#22 Posted: 05:02:06 01/12/2013
Upgrade the bees for sure! My brother in law came over on Thanksgiving and we went though the team arenas to get stars on my game. I played as Boomer tossing bombs everywhere and he went in using my very under leveled (yet fully upgraded) BB. We got a whole mess of levels on him and basically eviscerated anything that moved in every arena! Brought a tear to my eye to be honest.
---
Rainbows are nature's rainbows!
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#23 Posted: 06:31:03 01/12/2013
The Honey Path for Bumble Blast makes his honey heavily slow your opponent, which just makes him that much more effective. I haven't tried Bee Keeper but I think that upgrade alone makes it worth it more.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me