Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Do you think of something when you listen to a certain song?
Page 1 of 1
Do you think of something when you listen to a certain song? [CLOSED]
DragonCamo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6606
#1 Posted: 23:59:08 07/06/2013 | Topic Creator
It's kinda confusing i guess, i mean like when you hear a certain song, do you think of an experience you had and the song was present?

Whenever i hear "Fireflies" by Owl City, i think of my old school in Belgium. My friends always sang it. I miss them dearly so when i hear it, i do get a little sad.

When i hear the song "Whatcha Say?" by Jason Derulo, i think of a person i met on riffys chat on xat.com. She was my best friend on the chat, but it was still the internet so i didn't really know her. She helped me through my hard times and i could always talk to her. One day she made a vid on youtube named "A Tribute To My Friends(guys)" She had pics of Pokemon as her friends. I was a Teddiursa. She put Taylor in the Picture because my username was Taylor6008 and she and my other close friends always called me Taylor or Tay-Tay. Lots of people thought i was a girl smilie. Anyway, Whatcha say was the song she used. She quit Xat about the time i did and whenever i go on, she is never active....i miss her.

Ok, so when i hear of "Glad You Came" from the Wanted, i think of a Peeto fan fiction i read >___> don't judge me. The author liked The Wanted and named all the chapters after a line in the song.

"Behind Blue Eyes" by Limp Bizkit reminds me of many things. It remends me of Belgium when i was with my dad. He would always play this song. Then it also reminds me of all the hurt and pain in my life. I listened to it when i feel down.
---
Gay 4 GARcher
spyro and sonic Diamond Sparx Gems: 8318
#2 Posted: 00:02:21 08/06/2013
Yes I do.
ThroneOfMalefor Platinum Sparx Gems: 5391
#3 Posted: 00:05:11 08/06/2013
All the time. I am a huge fan of the jazz genre and whenever I hear "Serpent in Paradise" by Spyro Gyra, I reminisce the times where we traveled into the heart of NYC to go to my sister's school assemblies. It was a precious time for me but I don't know why.
---
BREATHE AIR.
thumper Ripto Gems: 3519
#4 Posted: 00:08:23 08/06/2013
All the time. I listen to music all day long. All songs mean something and the songs make me think a lot about people in my life and feelings that I have for them.
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6072
#5 Posted: 00:27:41 08/06/2013
When I listen to "Sanctuary" by Utada Hikaru (2nd KH theme), I always imagine this foggy bottomless canyon with a girl with long flowing hair falling into this canyon. Her eyes are closed, body spread out in a cross like shape while she sings the song.

"What You Waiting For?" by Gwen Stefani tends to make me think of Alice in Wonderland.

Everytime I hear "Don't Go Breaking My Heart" I picture the cast of Ella Enchanted doing a giant line-dance to the song.

I would like to note, "Behind Blue Eyes" was originally done by The Who.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
Metallo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6419
#6 Posted: 00:31:10 08/06/2013
The following songs remind me of the following Harry Potter books:

Endless Possibility by Bowling for Soup - Sorcerer's Stone
Diary of Jane by Breaking Benjamin - Chamber of Secrets
Give Me A Sign by Breaking Benjamin - Prisoner of Azkaban
Drive by Incubus - Goblet of Fire
Uprising by Muse - Order of the Phoenix
What If The Storm Ends? by Snow Patrol - Half-Blood Prince
This Is War by 30 Seconds to Mars - Deathly Hallows
Innocence by Avril Lavigne - Nineteen Years Later (epilogue of Deathly Hallows)
Vincentkoopa Yellow Sparx Gems: 1997
#7 Posted: 00:32:21 08/06/2013
Everytime I listen to dubstep, I think about alot of crazy stuff.

When I listen to "Viva La Vida" I think about something that started great beginning to fall apart.
---
Always tired~
ThroneOfMalefor Platinum Sparx Gems: 5391
#8 Posted: 00:32:26 08/06/2013
i think about metallo when i listen to blink-183
---
BREATHE AIR.
#9 Posted: 00:33:46 08/06/2013
Quote: Vincentkoopa
Everytime I listen to dubstep, I think about alot of crazy stuff.

When I listen to "Viva La Vida" I think about something that started great beginning to fall apart.

Viva La Vida makes me think of Julius Caesar. It really describes him and the Roman Republic/Empire.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:34:59 08/06/2013 by Metallo
DummyZ Gold Sparx Gems: 2844
#10 Posted: 00:41:15 08/06/2013
Too many to count man!

This one reminds of early-mid 2012
This one reminds me of late 2012
This one reminds me of early 2013

Sometimes I hate on songs because they remind me of bad memories i'd wish I forgot

Madonna reminds me of my disasterous 2nd crush
Taio Cruz reminds me of my 1st girlfriend, THAT one hurt me a lot
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:41:53 08/06/2013 by DummyZ
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8532
#11 Posted: 00:45:48 08/06/2013
Whenever I hear anything about walls, I think of Chris Jericho's theme "Break the Walls Down".
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
Dragons-go-hrr Platinum Sparx Gems: 6991
#12 Posted: 02:07:19 08/06/2013
YES. Mostly with TV shows. I tend to find one good song, and listen to it on repeat for like a week. If I'm watching a show/webcomic online at the same time, my brain automatically associates that song with that show/webcomic. Most of the time the two have nothing to do with eachother.

Pictures of You, the last goodnight reminds me of SRMTHFG.
Time for us, Elsiane reminds me of the webcomic Unsounded (which is a tad ironic considering the song is actually from Ava's demon)
Never Say never, the Fray remings me of Young Justice.
Little Talks, Of Monsters and Men reminds me of Homestuck.
---
"Was it a hot ghost?"
#13 Posted: 02:09:32 08/06/2013
I can't listen to "Funhouse" by P!nk without playing Pokemon Rumble Blast.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
crystalhero37 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5332
#14 Posted: 02:10:53 08/06/2013
Yes, it does. It's the main reason why I like music.
#15 Posted: 02:28:17 08/06/2013
Quote: Dragons-go-hrr
YES. Mostly with TV shows. I tend to find one good song, and listen to it on repeat for like a week. If I'm watching a show/webcomic online at the same time, my brain automatically associates that song with that show/webcomic. Most of the time the two have nothing to do with eachother.

Time for us, Elsiane reminds me of the webcomic Unsounded (which is a tad ironic considering the song is actually from Ava's demon)

Amazing song, but dare I ask why?
Dragons-go-hrr Platinum Sparx Gems: 6991
#16 Posted: 02:49:47 08/06/2013
Quote: Metallo

It's simply I was listening to the song a lot while reading it, so my brain just associates them with each other. It has nothing to do with the lyrics or anything. It's the same with all the songs.
---
"Was it a hot ghost?"
#17 Posted: 02:51:38 08/06/2013

It's simply I was listening to the song a lot while reading it, so my brain just associates them with each other. It has nothing to do with the lyrics or anything. It's the same with all the songs.

Same reason for me with Funhouse and Rumble Blast.
---
HotDogAndZap Emerald Sparx Gems: 3531
#18 Posted: 02:54:02 08/06/2013

Yeah, that's it with me.
Gem-A-Knight Yellow Sparx Gems: 1644
#19 Posted: 03:08:50 08/06/2013
I can't remember what the name of the songs are...but someone used to give me songs. Songs that we shared, that reminded us of each other.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:09:15 08/06/2013 by Gem-A-Knight
arceustheprime Ripto Gems: 5362
#20 Posted: 03:39:14 08/06/2013
when i listen to crawling i think of shadow and his hardships
i crai everytim
#21 Posted: 03:40:51 08/06/2013
Quote: arceustheprime
i crai everytim

Linkk parka is good b uyt they ne ver played at the Scunbthrooepe Festival
arceustheprime Ripto Gems: 5362
#22 Posted: 03:44:13 08/06/2013
i crai everytim

omfg u dissing lincon poork????//////
#23 Posted: 03:45:25 08/06/2013
i crai everytim

omfg u dissing lincon poork????//////

nO, i'M DISAPPOINTED. aLL THE ukl FANS MISSED OUT WCAUSE THYE NEVER PLAYED THE SUCNTHGFORPE FESTIVAL
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#24 Posted: 06:07:07 08/06/2013
Depending on the type of song.

If it's something among the lines of insanity or dark I normally think of Sanctum, Haze, or my feelings.
If it's like about countries normally Hetalia characters, or Sonic characters that are hetalia characters.
If it's really action like I think of a battle scene.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
Cynderluv8801 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3305
#25 Posted: 06:49:39 08/06/2013
When I hear the song Gold by Britt Nicole I always think of my friends at school
---
~ Nami One-Trick ~
Hot Dog 542 Gold Sparx Gems: 2872
#26 Posted: 07:15:49 08/06/2013
Well when I think of the song "Fireflies", I think of when I used to go to T-Ball every Saturday. I would have been in the progress of making a LBP level with the song.
---
Quote: Bimle
Why is it that so many people have hardons for dogs?
wspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 4422
#27 Posted: 07:23:34 08/06/2013
usually a city
or home(ponce, puerto rico)
*sigh*
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me