Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
I just killed a snake :D [CLOSED]
fireofexile Blue Sparx Gems: 703
#51 Posted: 10:52:01 04/06/2013
Quote: Metallo
Quote: C1nder
Interesting. What kind of snake was it? Diamondback?

I think so. You can look at the pic and tell.

Quote: fireofexile
Next time you freak out like that, pretend it's a rope.

Today there was a spider on my chair and I didn't want to kill it so I took out my iPad and let it go on it and then took it outside and set it free.

I feel like such a wimp now

How many times do I have to say it?

I have DOGS. That go OUTSIDE, and use the BATHROOM. If I let that snake go, it could have KILLED ONE OF MY DOGS. DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND?

I know but I probably would have ran away or something
Metallo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6419
#52 Posted: 14:56:33 04/06/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: C1nder
Interesting. What kind of snake was it? Diamondback?

I think so. You can look at the pic and tell.

Next time you freak out like that, pretend it's a rope.

Today there was a spider on my chair and I didn't want to kill it so I took out my iPad and let it go on it and then took it outside and set it free.

I feel like such a wimp now

How many times do I have to say it?

I have DOGS. That go OUTSIDE, and use the BATHROOM. If I let that snake go, it could have KILLED ONE OF MY DOGS. DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND?

I know but I probably would have ran away or something

The whole reason it came up to my house in the first place was because it smelled prey. Otherwise, a wild snake wouldn't go near a human establishment. So, it wasn't going to leave until it either killed something or got killed.

I've lived in the boondocks my whole life, I know these animals better than any of you, probably. Don't try to outsmart me on this subject.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 15:02:00 04/06/2013 by Metallo
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7738
#53 Posted: 15:27:04 04/06/2013
i have nutella and you're not having any
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
#54 Posted: 15:32:03 04/06/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Jaggedstar

Nutella's straight
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7738
#55 Posted: 15:43:32 04/06/2013
Quote: Jaggedstar

Nutella's straight

so is water
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
Hot Dog 542 Gold Sparx Gems: 2872
#56 Posted: 19:37:30 04/06/2013
Metallo Man of Steel.

It's happening.
---
Quote: Bimle
Why is it that so many people have hardons for dogs?
Hot Dog 542 Gold Sparx Gems: 2872
#57 Posted: 08:38:22 08/06/2013
Y u no read my funny name for a movie.
---
Quote: Bimle
Why is it that so many people have hardons for dogs?
X-Treme Ripto Gems: 360
#58 Posted: 11:38:26 08/06/2013
That looks more like someones escaped boa then a rattlesnake. Diamondback's are brown with black diamonds, and their scales are really big.
CommanderGame Emerald Sparx Gems: 3610
#59 Posted: 12:02:48 08/06/2013
Quote: Hot Dog 542
Metallo Man of Steel.

It's happening.

SO HOW DOES HE SHAVE
Robo-Spyro Platinum Sparx Gems: 5869
#60 Posted: 12:25:45 08/06/2013
jeez dat poor snake

it was so young

RIP
---
no i will not write a signature for you
crystalhero37 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5332
#61 Posted: 12:31:14 08/06/2013
Those tyres must've been ground type.
[User Posted Image]
King_Pika Blue Sparx Gems: 544
#62 Posted: 13:05:03 08/06/2013
've lived in the boondocks my whole life, I know these animals better than any of you, probably. Don't try to outsmart me on this subject.

This comment was unneeded. Apologize.
---
"Regretting never, our dreams will be... Halfway to forever! Our light comes shining through. Reach down deep, big defeat. Do all that we can do!"
#63 Posted: 14:35:58 08/06/2013 | Topic Creator

It's actually a contradiction because Metallo is one of Superman's enemies.

Quote: X-Treme
That looks more like someones escaped boa then a rattlesnake. Diamondback's are brown with black diamonds, and their scales are really big.

Maybe not a diamondback, but I could tell it was a rattler because I saw it on the end of the tail. However, it was a juvenile because the rattle wasn't fully developed yet. And it's definitely not a boa, boas are much longer and more muscular than rattlers. Besides, my closest neighbors are like 5 acres away (I live WAAAAAAY out in the country) and I know they definitely don't have a boa. So yeah.

Quote: King_Pika
've lived in the boondocks my whole life, I know these animals better than any of you, probably. Don't try to outsmart me on this subject.

It's the truth. Sorry if it anyone offended anyone, though, wasn't meant to.
AvatariDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 6085
#64 Posted: 23:10:46 08/06/2013
Congratulations for killing an innocent life for absolutely no reason. You must be proud...
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
#65 Posted: 23:32:21 08/06/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: AvatariDragon
Congratulations for killing an innocent life for absolutely no reason. You must be proud...

Did you read any of the above posts?

I have dogs that go outside to do their business. If I let that snake go, it could have killed one of my dogs. The whole reason it came up to my house was probably because it caught their scent, which it read as prey. Hell, it could've even crawled somewhere and ended up in my HOUSE, snakes are capable of things like that and it's more common than you think. And if you read the first post, you will see my explanation on why the juvenile snakes are more dangerous than adults. If I didn't have any pets and there was no threat, then believe me, I would've let that snake go off scot free. But there was a threat and a risk, so I eliminated it.

Also, a friend of ours' daughter was bitten recently by a cottonmouth in HER YARD. So far, her medical bills have reached $60K. FTS.

You must be proud of yourself for not paying attention and just jumping to conclusions without the slightest clue of the situation.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:40:15 08/06/2013 by Metallo
Blackholes_Wolf Ripto Gems: 10760
#66 Posted: 23:45:02 08/06/2013

>snakes
>innocent

snakes r bakas
#67 Posted: 23:45:33 08/06/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Blackholes_Wolf

>snakes
>innocent

snakes r bakas

And I bet she'd have a very different opinion if a venomous snake showed up in her yard.
#68 Posted: 01:18:35 09/06/2013
I wouldn't kill it, actually. I don't even kill spiders. My dad probably would, but I don't support it.
I understand your situation, and I apologize for my ignorance, but I wouldn't brag about actions like that on here...
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
#69 Posted: 01:23:16 09/06/2013 | Topic Creator
I wouldn't kill it, actually. I don't even kill spiders. My dad probably would, but I don't support it.
I understand your situation, and I apologize for my ignorance, but I wouldn't brag about actions like that on here...

As I said before, I wasn't bragging, I was just sharing the story. Sorry if it came off that way. But I think any user here would probably post about it, too.
#70 Posted: 01:25:45 09/06/2013
I wouldn't.
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
Ice Dragoness Diamond Sparx Gems: 7896
#71 Posted: 10:07:03 09/06/2013
That's nothing to be proud of. Sharing the story is bragging by the way.
By your logic if a cat comes in my garden I can kill it because it's a threat to my pets.

You're like that sick bastard I saw on twitter who posted a picture of all these frogs he killed. Heh if I sent that to the RSPCA he'd be getting a visit. It's not nice to scewer frogs.
#72 Posted: 11:48:03 09/06/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Ice Dragoness
By your logic if a cat comes in my garden I can kill it because it's a threat to my pets.

You're like that sick bastard I saw on twitter who posted a picture of all these frogs he killed. Heh if I sent that to the RSPCA he'd be getting a visit. It's not nice to scewer frogs.

There's a big difference between a domesticated cat and a venomous predator....
X-Treme Ripto Gems: 360
#73 Posted: 11:48:59 09/06/2013

It's actually a contradiction because Metallo is one of Superman's enemies.

Quote: X-Treme

Maybe not a diamondback, but I could tell it was a rattler because I saw it on the end of the tail. However, it was a juvenile because the rattle wasn't fully developed yet. And it's definitely not a boa, boas are much longer and more muscular than rattlers. Besides, my closest neighbors are like 5 acres away (I live WAAAAAAY out in the country) and I know they definitely don't have a boa. So yeah.

Quote: King_Pika

It's the truth. Sorry if it anyone offended anyone, though, wasn't meant to.

Okay, from the picture, the scale size and coloration looked like a boa. I don't have any other idea on what it is.
#74 Posted: 12:34:12 09/06/2013

There actually isn't, they are both predators that go round killing things.
#75 Posted: 13:01:41 09/06/2013 | Topic Creator

A cat kills small animals such as rodents, which most people do not have as pets. If there is a rogue cat in your yard, you can just yell at it and it will run away. A snake won't. If you go up to a snake and aggravate it, it will strike. A cat is not capable of killing a fully-grown Labrador Retriever, but a rattlesnake is. A cat is not capable of squirming through some nooks and crannies and ending up in your house where it can strike you in your sleep, but a rattlesnake is. The only time when a cat would be a major threat would be if it had rabies, in which case you WOULD kill it, to stop the disease from spreading.

Comparing a cat to a snake, in terms of power and lethality, is like comparing a walking stick to a shotgun. I still stand by opinion that if a venomous snake suddenly showed up in your yard, and maye even bit your little brother/sister, you wouldn't be so quick to say it was "innocent".
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:03:33 09/06/2013 by Metallo
#76 Posted: 14:11:34 09/06/2013

A cat kills small animals such as rodents, which most people do not have as pets. If there is a rogue cat in your yard, you can just yell at it and it will run away. A snake won't. If you go up to a snake and aggravate it, it will strike. A cat is not capable of killing a fully-grown Labrador Retriever, but a rattlesnake is. A cat is not capable of squirming through some nooks and crannies and ending up in your house where it can strike you in your sleep, but a rattlesnake is. The only time when a cat would be a major threat would be if it had rabies, in which case you WOULD kill it, to stop the disease from spreading.

Comparing a cat to a snake, in terms of power and lethality, is like comparing a walking stick to a shotgun. I still stand by opinion that if a venomous snake suddenly showed up in your yard, and maye even bit your little brother/sister, you wouldn't be so quick to say it was "innocent".

You are quite uneducated about cat bites aren't you? http://www.dailymail.co.uk/hea...tical-list.html

As for most people not having small rodents as pets statement...
You don't know what a rabbit is either. Or a guinea pig, or a hamster, mouse, rat and gerbil. lol shocking to think that not many people have small animals as pets.
#77 Posted: 14:30:49 09/06/2013
I used to have a hamster, but he died recently. Just sayin... rodents are rather common house pets. Sort of irrelevant, but I figured I would share.
But maybe out in the boondocks you don't see that very often...

Killing one snake won't prevent others from coming. Yes they can be dangerous, but if you're really worried about your dogs, it might be a good idea to watch them while they're outside. Same with kids, though if they're little you should be watching them anyway...
---
♥ May 23, 2011 ♥
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:34:32 09/06/2013 by AvatariDragon
Spyro Fanatic Hunter Gems: 12132
#78 Posted: 14:49:56 09/06/2013
I live in Australia, I'm surrounded by highly venomous and aggressive snakes. Some snakes have been known to chase and bite, then slither away unprovoked. Like Metallo has said, if this situation happened to you you'd have a different reaction.

And theres a huge difference between a cat and snake bite. Cats do carry some diseases, but they are rare and are usually infections that occur if you are immunosuppressed. Also, if you are stupid enough to approach a stray cat that's the only time they will bite. A snake on the other hand will inject powerful venom on the first one or two bites that can kill from hours to a matter of minutes. Would you want to take that risk?
#79 Posted: 14:54:52 09/06/2013 | Topic Creator

You are quite uneducated about cat bites aren't you? http://www.dailymail.co.uk/hea...tical-list.html

You don't know what a rabbit is either. Or a guinea pig, or a hamster, mouse, rat and gerbil. lol shocking to think that not many people have small animals as pets.

If your hamster/guinea pig is somewhere out in the open where a cat can get it, then you must be one irresponsible mofo. My friend has a rabbit and he says cats are no threat to it because he never lets it out of his sight. Snakes are stealthier than cats, and not to mention deadlier.

Look, if you're really THAT upset over me killing the snake, guess what? I don't give a damn. What's done is done, and crying about it won't bring it back. I did what I thought was right to protect my property, and if you disagree, then you can piss off, because it's too late now.

I used to have a hamster, but he died recently. Just sayin... rodents are rather common house pets. Sort of irrelevant, but I figured I would share.
But maybe out in the boondocks you don't see that very often...

Killing one snake won't prevent others from coming. Yes they can be dangerous, but if you're really worried about your dogs, it might be a good idea to watch them while they're outside. Same with kids, though if they're little you should be watching them anyway...

I do watch my dogs. The snakes around here can easily hide themselves in the leaves and the grass, you won't see one until it's like 3 feet away from you, like I did in this case. Therefore, even if I am watching my dogs, a smart snake could still get them and I wouldn't notice until it was too late. And it's alright if other snakes come, because I've got plenty of ammo.

Quote: Spyro Fanatic
I live in Australia, I'm surrounded by highly venomous and aggressive snakes. Some snakes have been known to chase and bite, then slither away unprovoked. Like Metallo has said, if this situation happened to you you'd have a different reaction.

And theres a huge difference between a cat and snake bite. Cats do carry some diseases, but they are rare and are usually infections that occur if you are immunosuppressed. Also, if you are stupid enough to approach a stray cat that's the only time they will bite. A snake on the other hand will inject powerful venom on the first one or two bites that can kill from hours to a matter of minutes. Would you want to take that risk?

Thank you, sir.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:56:08 09/06/2013 by Metallo
Spyro Fanatic Hunter Gems: 12132
#80 Posted: 15:04:48 09/06/2013
No problem. People here are acting as if you went out of you way to slaughter snakes that are in no position to harm anyone. You defended your own land.
#81 Posted: 15:05:20 09/06/2013

If your hamster/guinea pig is somewhere out in the open where a cat can get it, then you must be one irresponsible mofo. My friend has a rabbit and he says cats are no threat to it because he never lets it out of his sight. Snakes are stealthier than cats, and not to mention deadlier.

Look, if you're really THAT upset over me killing the snake, guess what? I don't give a damn. What's done is done, and crying about it won't bring it back. I did what I thought was right to protect my property, and if you disagree, then you can piss off, because it's too late.

Who the hell puts a hamster outside? Oh, no one because they aren't that sort of pet. They live indoors. Shows how much you know. They are far too small.
Rodents that do go outside, rabbits and guinea pigs, can be left on their own as long as they are in a secure run. Which I have.

lol you get angry easily.
It's more the fact that you are showing off about killing some thing, which you shouldn't do because it suggests that you are a heartless phycopath. Just by making this topic you are asking for trouble.
#82 Posted: 15:06:28 09/06/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Spyro Fanatic
No problem. People here are acting as if you went out of you way to slaughter snakes that are in no position to harm anyone. You defended your own land.

Exactly. If something's a threat to my safety or to the safety of my property, then it is going to die, no but's about it.
#83 Posted: 15:08:40 09/06/2013 | Topic Creator

Look, if you're really THAT upset over me killing the snake, guess what? I don't give a damn. What's done is done, and crying about it won't bring it back. I did what I thought was right to protect my property, and if you disagree, then you can piss off, because it's too late.

Who the hell puts a hamster outside? Oh, no one because they aren't that sort of pet. They live indoors. Shows how much you know. They are far too small.
Rodents that do go outside, rabbits and guinea pigs, can be left on their own as long as they are in a secure run. Which I have.

It's more the fact that you are showing off about killing some thing, which you shouldn't do because it suggests that you are a heartless phycopath. Just by making this topic you are asking for trouble.

That's what I meant. Those are INDOOR pets, and A STRAY CAT CANNOT EFFING GET TO THEM. So your argument is useless as to why cats are dangerous to them.

Look. I've explained to you a thousand times. I had a just reason to kill that snake, like it or not. I hope a king cobra turns up in your toilet tonight, then you can get on here tomorrow and tell us all about how snakes are innocent creatures that don't hurt a fly and only a psychopath would kill them. I hope you get bitten by it, and you can use the Emergency Room's Wi-Fi to post a topic about how Metallo is such a bad guy for killing snakes.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 15:13:40 09/06/2013 by Metallo
#84 Posted: 15:15:55 09/06/2013

That's what I meant. Those are INDOOR pets, and A STRAY CAT CANNOT EFFING GET TO THEM. So your argument is useless as to why cats are dangerous to them.

Look. I've explained to you a thousand times. I had a just reason to kill that snake, like it or not. I hope a king cobra turns up in your toilet tonight, then you can get on here tomorrow and tell us all about how snakes are innocent creatures that don't hurt a fly and only a psychopath would kill them.

Cats are dangerous to them because they will kill them if they have the chance. Putting them in a cage doesn't make the cat think "oh I'll leave it alone". They still try. I've seen several try.

King cobras only live in India dumbass. Plus they are too big to fit through the average toilet.
#85 Posted: 15:19:35 09/06/2013 | Topic Creator

Look. I've explained to you a thousand times. I had a just reason to kill that snake, like it or not. I hope a king cobra turns up in your toilet tonight, then you can get on here tomorrow and tell us all about how snakes are innocent creatures that don't hurt a fly and only a psychopath would kill them.

Cats are dangerous to them because they will kill them if they have the chance. Putting them in a cage doesn't make the cat think "oh I'll leave it alone". They still try. I've seen several try.

King cobras only live in India dumbass. Plus they are too big to fit through the average toilet.

It was a random example. And don't exactly say that, snakes are capable of some pretty strange things. Ergo:

Quote: Yahoo! News
Seal up holes and cracks, even if they're so small, you don't think anything could get through them. Mice are capable of squeezing through holes as small as the diameter of a pencil. Snakes can slither through holes almost as small. Small holes can be plugged with mortar or caulk, but larger holes may have to be covered with a metal plate or something that discourages gnawing by mice. Some exterminators recommend stuffing holes with steel or copper mesh and then caulking over it. The metal discourages rodents from chewing on the softer caulking to get through. As snakes are good climbers, make sure that cracks and holes at all levels are sealed, as snakes can climb up rough surfaces (like the side of a house) and gain entrance.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:19:51 09/06/2013 by Metallo
#86 Posted: 15:35:58 09/06/2013
^but a king cobra can't fit through mice sized holes.
#87 Posted: 15:38:16 09/06/2013 | Topic Creator
^but a king cobra can't fit through mice sized holes.

I said king cobra because I couldn't think of anything else at the time. It was just a random example.

Anywaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.......................
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#88 Posted: 15:45:40 09/06/2013
Who said it was venomous?

And why use a goddamn gun?

And why post a picture of what's left of its skull?

I'm not going to condemn you for killing something (as I kill insects in my house without a second thought), even though I could since it was a snake and I like snakes.
But gloating about how proud you are about it and then getting offended when people try to call you out on it is just..................stupid.
#89 Posted: 15:50:06 09/06/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: CAV
Who said it was venomous?

And why use a goddamn gun?

And why post a picture of what's left of its skull?

I'm not going to condemn you for killing something (as I kill insects in my house without a second thought), even though I could since it was a snake and I like snakes.
But gloating about how proud you are about it and then getting offended when people try to call you out on it is just..................stupid.

Let me answer some of those questions:

Who said it was venomous? It was a rattler, dude. I could identify it by looking at it.

Why use a goddamn gun? Had nothing else within reach to use.

Why post a pic? Because I knew if I didn't, some people were going to try and say I didn't.

Gloating? For the last time, no, I'm not gloating about it. Or at least, I didn't mean to. I was proud of it, because, well, that's just me. I didn't mean to gloat or brag, and I sincerely apologize if it came off that way.

Now here's my question: Why are people still badgering on about this topic? What's done is done. It's too late to complain now. You all made some very good points and I'll take them into consideration next time, believe it or not.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:53:09 09/06/2013 by Metallo
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#90 Posted: 15:55:19 09/06/2013
Have you ever considered calling animal control to deal with the situation? Enclose it somehow and then wait for them to arrive and take it away?

That point was given to me over Skype when talking to ID so next time you see her, give her a pound.
#91 Posted: 15:58:22 09/06/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: CAV
Have you ever considered calling animal control to deal with the situation? Enclose it somehow and then wait for them to arrive and take it away?

That point was given to me over Skype when talking to ID so next time you see her, give her a pound.

I live 30 minutes from town. Besides, we know the animal control officer around here. He probably would've told us to kill it and dispose of the body safely, which we did.
Starfire Dragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 5302
#92 Posted: 20:58:44 09/06/2013
Even though I feel really sorry for the snake smilie
I believe you were certain that it was a Diamondback, so you had reason to kill it.

Anyway, to make things clear and to educate some of the people on here.
Here are a few things I think people need to know:

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A POISONOUS SNAKE!
The proper term is Viper.
Some dumb*** made the word snake universal.
Snakes are constrictors and Vipers are venomous.
Note: Some Snakes mimic Vipers.
Example: The Prairie Kingsnake rattles its tail (even though it has no rattle) and sits up and strikes like a Cobra to ward off enemies.
They also kill and eat Vipers.

People need to learn about the animals in their area.
You are more likely to die from wild cats or coyotes, killer bees, or even bears than a viper depending on where you live.

Animal control rarely ever goes out to the countryside. The problem animal would have to be in your house or be a major major threat to you, your family or livestock.

I believe Metallo probably took the best solution in killing it quickly, though I admit it may not have been the best ideal to post it.

Sorry if I went a little overboard with it.
---
My Dragon Art & Stuff
PSN: Starfire--Dragon
Starfire Dragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 5302
#93 Posted: 21:32:11 09/06/2013
You are correct, not all of them are of the Viperidae family. There is actually 4 classification of serpents. Though snake really isn't a classification at all. Snake and Viper was just two primary categories the school taught, even though its not exactly correct. I just got caught in the emotion of the posts smilie
Thanks for the correction smilie
---
My Dragon Art & Stuff
PSN: Starfire--Dragon
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me