Page 1 of 1
Bossed Around Quest for Undead [CLOSED]
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#1 Posted: 01:30:24 27/05/2013 | Topic Creator
So, which bosses count for this quest?
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#2 Posted: 01:36:53 27/05/2013
Ambushes, Kaos, Chompy Mage, Drill-X, Brock, Brute, Pipsqueak/Shadow Duke, Occulous, Vathek, and the Great Ice Ogre Wall.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
Nelomet Emerald Sparx Gems: 3069
#3 Posted: 03:00:07 27/05/2013
Quote: Matteomax
Ambushes, Kaos, Chompy Mage, Drill-X, Brock, Brute, Pipsqueak/Shadow Duke, Occulous, Vathek, and the Great Ice Ogre Wall.

When you say Vathek, d'you mean the waves of enemies since you don't actually fight him in the console version?
---
Fear not the dark, my friend, and let the feast begin.
#4 Posted: 13:50:38 27/05/2013
Quote: Nelomet

When you say Vathek, d'you mean the waves of enemies since you don't actually fight him in the console version?

Yes, I remember setting the game on Hard just to see how much damage the Arkeyan Hammahs deal, and, ironically, I had S2 Cynder out, and it worked.
---
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#5 Posted: 13:51:21 27/05/2013
Oh

Well okay then
#6 Posted: 21:16:38 27/05/2013 | Topic Creator

OK, end of chapter guys. Btw, can you "restart chapter" to restart that specific part to do it again? This quest is idiotic...almost as bad as having Eruptor eat 10 slices of pizza.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Terreneflame Blue Sparx Gems: 943
#7 Posted: 07:13:25 28/05/2013
The easiest way is to just do either the chop chop ambush, or either of the elemental gates in the oracle level. remember you can only have 1 undead character be "killed" per encounter per player- its not like you can just line up 4 'landers and let the same boss beat each of them once- doesn't work smilie

Its alot more annoying than eating 10 pizza's- those challenges are incredibly easy and almost always pop when your doing the "eat 50 food" one anyway..
niceguy1 Blue Sparx Gems: 532
#8 Posted: 04:59:03 30/05/2013
Quote: SPARXisAWESOME
I tried this with my undead Skylanders battling Chop Chop minions but it didn't work! o.o
Maybe ambushes don't count as bosses on the version I play on?

Since I've ONLY done this with Ambushes, specifically Chop Chop's ambush on Chapter 14: Autogyro Adventure, YES Ambushes count. YES, Chop Chop counts as a boss.

And there are some subtle differences in SSA between consoles, mainly because it was designed for the Wii and was ported to the other systems, but they made some changes to the Wii version after... But Giants is the same across all consoles, it was developped across all at the same time this time. Just let your Undead Skylander get killed by Chop Chop, it should pop up. You can then press the Action button to restart the chapter to go for the next death.

And I like doing this with Chop Chop. Firstly, he feels like the "boss" who is the closest to the beginning of the chapter, making him the fastest to return to for the next kill (since you have to die 3 times). Secondly, at the same time I can get Elemental damage, both from the Pinchers and from the two Chop Chops (being careful not to kill both). Thirdly, you can also work on the other quest, to kill an Undead Evil Minion, these Chop Chops seem to be the only ones in the whole game anyway. I kill one, let the other kill me, work on both quests.

As has been noted, this works for ONE Skylander at a time. I had two Cynders, one got killed, got the quest progress, put on the other, got killed, no progress. I THINK the same for killing the Chop Chops. There has been some conjecture that each Chop Chop can kill one, so you can try getting one Undead killed by one and one by the other, but it can be hard to tell them apart (other than by their health meters)

ALSO: We had a thread going for Quest tips, there was already lots of discussion on this there. smilie //forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=78366 to be specific.
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:04:31 30/05/2013 by niceguy1
Ninpire Gold Sparx Gems: 2951
#9 Posted: 00:44:35 31/05/2013
Quote: niceguy1
Quote: SPARXisAWESOME
I tried this with my undead Skylanders battling Chop Chop minions but it didn't work! o.o
Maybe ambushes don't count as bosses on the version I play on?

Since I've ONLY done this with Ambushes, specifically Chop Chop's ambush on Chapter 14: Autogyro Adventure, YES Ambushes count. YES, Chop Chop counts as a boss.

And there are some subtle differences in SSA between consoles, mainly because it was designed for the Wii and was ported to the other systems, but they made some changes to the Wii version after... But Giants is the same across all consoles, it was developped across all at the same time this time. Just let your Undead Skylander get killed by Chop Chop, it should pop up. You can then press the Action button to restart the chapter to go for the next death.

And I like doing this with Chop Chop. Firstly, he feels like the "boss" who is the closest to the beginning of the chapter, making him the fastest to return to for the next kill (since you have to die 3 times). Secondly, at the same time I can get Elemental damage, both from the Pinchers and from the two Chop Chops (being careful not to kill both). Thirdly, you can also work on the other quest, to kill an Undead Evil Minion, these Chop Chops seem to be the only ones in the whole game anyway. I kill one, let the other kill me, work on both quests.

As has been noted, this works for ONE Skylander at a time. I had two Cynders, one got killed, got the quest progress, put on the other, got killed, no progress. I THINK the same for killing the Chop Chops. There has been some conjecture that each Chop Chop can kill one, so you can try getting one Undead killed by one and one by the other, but it can be hard to tell them apart (other than by their health meters)

ALSO: We had a thread going for Quest tips, there was already lots of discussion on this there. smilie //forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=78366 to be specific.

let me add something else, once u have got one undead defeated put on another (if you have another) and do the kill undead minion quest and THEN restart (unless your undeads already had that quest)
#10 Posted: 04:47:20 31/05/2013 | Topic Creator
All great tips. If I had known I could've killed two birds (or three, since there is elemental aspect here), I guess I would be done now--only done the By A Thread.

Sounds like MatteoMax has done the most experimentation on which bosses count, though. I'll do most of them with Chop Chop (cause I just want it done) and then experiment with the boss a bit more.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 04:48:15 31/05/2013 by GhostRoaster
Terreneflame Blue Sparx Gems: 943
#11 Posted: 08:09:55 31/05/2013
If you have 2 controllers you can actually get 2 deaths in one fight, as long as each chop chop kills a different undead skylander- it does require 2 controllers though- as its max 1 per player per level smilie
Hazard335 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1435
#12 Posted: 07:44:22 01/06/2013
has anyone ever tried using two controllers to help with Legendary Chop Chop's "By a Thread" problem?
siowm6 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1482
#13 Posted: 15:46:00 01/06/2013
If you mean having two Skylanders on at a time, and having the non L-Chop Chop character killing the Evil Undead, this doesn't work. Only the character that makes the killing blow gets the credit. If you mean something else then let me know.

Only way I have seen L-Chop Chop actually get gold rank is by hacking it onto him.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:20:45 01/06/2013 by siowm6
GhostRoaster24 Blue Sparx Gems: 942
#14 Posted: 21:34:14 01/06/2013
^Why can't L-Chop Chop get gold without hacks?
---
Tumblr: hunter-alex
#15 Posted: 22:53:32 01/06/2013
Because his By a Thread quest will not register. Kill Evil Chop Chop in Chapter 14, and nothing happens. No one has found an in-game work around yet.
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6072
#16 Posted: 23:04:23 01/06/2013
Quote: siowm6
Because his By a Thread quest will not register. Kill Evil Chop Chop in Chapter 14, and nothing happens. No one has found an in-game work around yet.

I think GhostRoaster24 may have read your last post as I did, thinking you meant gold as in money not gold as in the gold hat.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
#17 Posted: 23:21:32 01/06/2013
Ahh ok, edited for clarity. Thank you for the heads up. I completely missed that.
Mrmorrises Platinum Sparx Gems: 7027
#18 Posted: 01:20:10 02/06/2013
I have to say, a quest in which you are required to be defeated is a pretty stupid idea...
#19 Posted: 08:03:40 02/06/2013
well at least I think there is a good chance that L-Chop Chop will be able to get Gold in Swap Force.
since its the Giants game that is glitched, not the figure its self.
NINJAsk11 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1124
#20 Posted: 14:31:41 02/06/2013
Quote: Hazard335
has anyone ever tried using two controllers to help with Legendary Chop Chop's "By a Thread" problem?

no but ironicly my l choppy has this quest already....i dont see whare the problems come from
#21 Posted: 16:37:48 02/06/2013
Can you take a picture?

It might be a regional difference.
---
#22 Posted: 16:39:46 02/06/2013
no, IDK how to do that...i live in the Netherlands and i play on wii, but again no, i have NO idea how to post picks hare. sorry....i have no otther idea how i can proof this
#23 Posted: 17:24:49 02/06/2013
Plus Matteo, Posting a pic wouldn't help in any way for this. I have already posted a pic of a gold hat/rank L-Chop Chop in this forum. All posting a pic would show is that it can be done some way and not actually help with figuring out how to achieve the quest in game.

If Ninja could remember how this was achieved, other than the obvious of just killing the evil Chop Chop, then we may be able to test something to figure it out.
#24 Posted: 19:21:57 02/06/2013
i just killed that evil chop thing......i was on wii and i said that more times.........i think its a console problem.....
#25 Posted: 19:42:26 02/06/2013
No clue, I have never heard of anyone having the quest completed in game other than you. (I am not doubting, just saying)

But just for clarification, are you sure it was Legendary Chop Chop and not S1 or S2 Chop Chop?
#26 Posted: 20:03:23 02/06/2013
i may reset my choppy and do it again, i can try, but i just did it, and i dont know HOW!
i will look, maby i am mistaking my s2 with L.....
niceguy1 Blue Sparx Gems: 532
#27 Posted: 02:58:45 03/06/2013
NINJAsk11: Who do you have:

[User Posted Image][User Posted Image][User Posted Image]

(In order, that's Legendary Chop Chop, Series 2 Chop Chop and Series 1 Chop Chop)

Legendary Chop Chop: Black with gold parts, including his sword
Series 2 Chop Chop: Orange base and big jagged sword
Series 1 Chop Chop: Green base and smaller simple sword
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
#28 Posted: 04:45:27 03/06/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Terreneflame
If you have 2 controllers you can actually get 2 deaths in one fight, as long as each chop chop kills a different undead skylander- it does require 2 controllers though- as its max 1 per player per level smilie

Don't know if this is a fluke, but I let one die and replaced it with another undead lander and got theirs...on the same battle....didn't work on the third. I was on the Chompy Mage.

Quote: Mrmorrises
I have to say, a quest in which you are required to be defeated is a pretty stupid idea...

Yes, in a world where everyone get trophies for "doing their best"...I'm not surprised.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:46:49 03/06/2013 by GhostRoaster
Nelomet Emerald Sparx Gems: 3069
#29 Posted: 05:45:26 03/06/2013
Hey now, someone has to encourage mediocrity and even failure!
---
Fear not the dark, my friend, and let the feast begin.
#30 Posted: 14:51:46 03/06/2013
Quote: niceguy1
NINJAsk11: Who do you have:

[User Posted Image][User Posted Image][User Posted Image]

(In order, that's Legendary Chop Chop, Series 2 Chop Chop and Series 1 Chop Chop)

Legendary Chop Chop: Black with gold parts, including his sword
Series 2 Chop Chop: Orange base and big jagged sword
Series 1 Chop Chop: Green base and smaller simple sword

i have s1 and l but i do not have s2
i tryed the by a threat with l , but i didnt workt...bossed around works fine for both....
#31 Posted: 19:22:49 11/06/2013
^so are you saying that your Legendary Chop Chop can NOT complete "By a Thread", so you were mistaking when you said he could?
#32 Posted: 03:19:36 12/06/2013
^so are you saying that your Legendary Chop Chop can NOT complete "By a Thread", so you were mistaking when you said he could?

Yes, I do believe that is what Ninja said. We are still at no one being able to make Legendary Chop Chop gold rank in game without any hacks/ or cheats.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:23:07 12/06/2013 by siowm6
#33 Posted: 03:48:10 12/06/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: siowm6

Yes, I do believe that is what Ninja said. We are still at no one being able to make Legendary Chop Chop gold rank in game without any hacks/ or cheats.

Interesting...probably yet another "glitch"...I'll see if mine can complete it.
---
#34 Posted: 13:28:10 12/06/2013
but this topic says : bossed around for undera, not by a thread.......
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me