Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Side Quest Help Guide [CLOSED]
wrecknroll Yellow Sparx Gems: 1167
#1 Posted: 19:52:51 10/04/2013 | Topic Creator
Help For People who are stuck on The Character Quests In Skylanders Giants.
Quests Are Accessed By Going To The Skylander Info page and clicking on quests and Then Press the attack 1 Button When the 3 More Quests until next rank page comes up. The Reward is a cool outlining around your characters elental Sign when they are placed on the Portal of Power and is also something to do after beating the game. Quests are things like Monster Masher and Chow Hound.
P.Ssmilie was my first to beat all nine of hers,but this morning smilie and smilie got past them too!
---
My collection! http://imgur.com/gallery/G7lsX
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 19:14:07 11/04/2013 by wrecknroll
niceguy1 Blue Sparx Gems: 532
#2 Posted: 11:19:33 12/04/2013
Usually if someone doesn't know, they ask in a thread talking about quests... Seems weird you posted this as it's own thread...

If we're listing who has them, I have something like 20 or 30 Skylanders who have all 9 quests. Even though the Gold Top Hat is inferior in stats to the Knight Helm, I put it on anyone who has earned it, as a badge of honour. smilie

I've done enough Skylanders that I have the process down. Defeating enemies comes from playing, I do Chapter 15 a bunch for the experience, this quest comes along at the same time. Also Heroic Challenges and Arenas help a lot. Same with 50 pieces of food, though I do a few arenas if it's going slowly. Doing an arena without getting hurt, I do the first challenge in the very first arena. The Chompies all ignore you so you can leave them for last, leaving the only tricky enemy as the two Bark Demons in Round 3, especially as the second is accompanied by an archer. The Heroic Challenge without getting damaged, I do Breaking The Fakes (I feel like it belongs to Eye-Brawl). Not many enemies, the focus is on breaking the breakables, so it's just a matter of learning the enemies that can surprise you and getting them before they do.

For the general quests that everybody has, that just leaves PvP and Elemental Damage. I do them together. I go into PvP and choose Sky Goals. I pick a punching dummy of the appropriate element that they're strong over (so if I'm getting this for a Water element, the punching bag is in the Fire element... I actually usually pick the Giant with the idea that their health is the highest, so this would be Hot Head). I have my guy get a goal or two to make sure he wins the match, then start attacking. Since Sky Goals isn't about killing, your opponent never dies, and sticks around to keep hitting and hitting. Because my guy has an advantage, he gets elemental damage. If their elemental stat is low, I go equip the Wizard Hat, which I think adds 25 to the elemental stat. Makes a HUGE difference on low stat guys.

Once I get the Elemental Damage Quest, I switch the game mode to Ring Out. Then I pick the Docks, and take control of the punching bag. I walk him to the back, where there's a bouncy pad near the wall, and bounce myself out. For amusement I TRY to land on the wall, trigger Ring Out, then walk back into the arena so that he's visible during the victory dance. I manage about half the time. smilie This would obviously work in any arena with a strong enough bouncy pad near an edge, just mentioning the one I found and use.

Also, if you load the Luck-O-Tron with Power wheels, you start getting elemental damage ANYWHERE. Sometimes. Go do a turret challenge and you won't see the individual damage pop up, but you will see yourself getting progress on the elemental quest.

All that leaves are the two elemental quests and the specific quest. Obviously there's too many guys to start listing tips for the individual quests - I think there's 48 (as far as this is concerned): 32 originals + 8 Giants + 8 Newlanders. It's best to save that for when someone asks. smilie The elemental quests, there are still 16, still a few too many.

So here's some which are found to be troublesome:
Magic: Kill with light beams and kill someone within 1 second of a teleporter. The latter is self explanatory, just find a teleporter which drops you near people, especially chompies. Some Heroic Challenges are good for that. The light beams, I only know one place: Chapter 14 - Autogyro Adventure. There's a few other light beams in the game, but no others around enemies. It takes a lot of goofing around, but I can take a magic character from nothing to completed quest by playing this level once. Just lure enemies into the light beams, most of which start off on or near the edge so this is tough. A later one, where the puzzle is that a light beam is rotating a large gear through the beam you need, I rotate the gear's beam to cross the other beam's platform. Around now it gets FILLED with those little green monsters, that's at least half the quest right there, and it's where I always finish the quest.

Tech: Kill Mages and open doors. Again, the second is self-explanatory, just keep opening doors (a 2-key door counts as 2 towards this quest). By Mages they mean Spell Punks. So, mostly those guys who conjure and grow the green monster things, but also the Life Spell Punks which heal. The Heroic Challenge Dungeoness Creeps is excellent for this, I think 6 Spell Punks in the whole thing. I also find Chapter 3: Rumbletown to be AWESOME for this. Plenty of spell punks throughout, and when you get to the arena at the end, DON'T KILL BROCK. Two waves of like 5 Life Spell Punks each come out to heal him, go to town.

Water: Knock enemies off the edge of the world and defeat a fire minion. Fire minion = a Fire Element Skylander controlled by Kaos. There are 3: Glacier Gully's Fire Gate (at the end of the long sequence/line of platforms, a chain to the left goes to the rest of the level, the chain to the right is to the Fire Gate), City Of Arkus' Fire Gate (midway through the level, after the second giant barrels run, to the right, in a cave under the first bomb) and the Fire Challenge on the Oracle level. As for the enemies, a lot of Skylanders either are or become too strong to "knock" anyone off without killing them in the attempt, so instead find a Root Runner (chompy generator plant) near an edge. Chompies which fall off by themselves count. Stand near the edge, then when they're about to leap, step to the side. I found this out midway through the Wilikin World level, when you're under a water tower (make sure to be in Wilikin World mode, so they're not En Fuego chompies who blow up), but Chapter 2: Junkyard Isles, just near the beginning works too. I found Thumpback too big for this, though. So in Chapter 2, I walked around everybody, broke all the walls at the beginning, then walked off the left edge to land on the tree there. Yes, ON. The chompies jump over my head and die. Simple.

Undead: Kill an undead minion and die by a boss 3 times. I go to Ch 14 - Autogyro Adventure for both. Ambushes count as bosses, and there's the only Undead Ambush I know of in the game. Plus it's not far from the beginning, just after the first time you HAVE to land, it's the first optional landing spot, where you have to choose between landing and getting a health heart. Once you die, you can press the action button to restart the level. Just that one time, kill one of them before they kill you, and you have both quests.

Air: Get airborne money and kill enemies in midair. MOST Air guys can fly, picking up money while flying counts. Open the vault, fly in, done in one shot. There's one or two - Lightning Rod for sure - who can't fly, be patient and look for bouncy pads with money. The two Fire gates I mentioned for Water are excellent for floating money, and Kaos' Kastle is great too. For the airborne enemies, I found one place that worked so well I stopped looking, Blobber's Folly, which I think is Bouncer's Heroic Challenge. Starts with a field of bouncy pads and three waves of enemies. Done. (This is also good for Tree Rex's personal quest to stomp on enemies. Just keep moving and don't attack)

Earth: Destroy walls and kill with pushblocks. PLENTY of walls on Chapter 2: Junkyard Isles, especially on the first island, I think it's 7. You can either do the whole level for all the walls, or just reset after the first island. The small ones that anybody can break count, just as the Giants-or-bombs ones do. Pushblocks, turtles count. You can do Shroomboom's Heroic Challenge, Baking With Batterson. There's I think 3 guys standing behind blocks waiting for this, and also in the middle are three turtles to push into a line near a Root Runner. If you don't have Shroomboom, Chapter 1: Time Of The Giants, after the Chompy Pit, bounce up the wall, to the left of the entrance is the Life Gate. Push this turtle to get in, push it back into place, drop off the other side, you can lure the large supply of chompies to the turtle. Push him in, repeat.

That just leaves Life and Fire, and theirs are self-explanatory.
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
#3 Posted: 18:04:06 12/04/2013 | Topic Creator
Yesterday I found a good arena for Chow Hound.Do Baaaad Idea! because of food from every enemy.As for Stonesmith you get six from Zombie Dance Party in the room with the pushblocks and because I didn't have Shroomboom (and still don't) so that was the one I used with Bash.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:10:01 12/04/2013 by wrecknroll
Terreneflame Blue Sparx Gems: 943
#4 Posted: 18:14:24 12/04/2013
Best way to do waterfall is Just starting and restarting SABRINA, you for somereason get 4 each time the level starts.
As for killing mages for tech- sonic booms challange has 3 very early on, you can power through, kill them and restart smilie
#5 Posted: 18:18:03 12/04/2013 | Topic Creator
The Oracle or Ignitors HC work for the key quest.But Tree Rexs personal quest is so hard and I have not completed it yet sadly.
---
#6 Posted: 20:09:07 12/04/2013
Bouncers heroic will finish tree wrex quest in seconds
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#7 Posted: 00:02:57 13/04/2013
This topic is strong in the Life element.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
Mrmorrises Platinum Sparx Gems: 7027
#8 Posted: 00:18:58 13/04/2013
Haha, yeah. Camo avatar infestation.
#9 Posted: 07:19:28 13/04/2013
There are only 2 of us with camo smilie, maybe Life element is all about helping people smilie
#10 Posted: 18:42:42 13/04/2013 | Topic Creator
Camo and Warnado and Wrecking Ball were my choices of avatar
---
JCat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1540
#11 Posted: 22:40:46 13/04/2013
Let's add another Life element to the party smilie

anyways, So far this looks pretty good.

anyways, I found that some of the "defeat so many bad guys with one attack" seems easiest in Chapter 1 in the Chompy pit. After all you get up to 20 Chompies in one setting. As for Spyro's (dark spyro for me) main one I did his in Chapter 2 at the begining.
---
Main Team: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
~N~
siowm6 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1482
#12 Posted: 00:11:43 14/04/2013
Quote: JCat
Let's add another Life element to the party smilie

anyways, So far this looks pretty good.

anyways, I found that some of the "defeat so many bad guys with one attack" seems easiest in Chapter 1 in the Chompy pit. After all you get up to 20 Chompies in one setting. As for Spyro's (dark spyro for me) main one I did his in Chapter 2 at the begining.

Well since life is strong here lets continue the trend. As for the "defeat so many with XXX" I always use the Terrafin Chompy killing challenge. But Agree with the Spyro quest, Chapter 2 seems to work well in the beginning. Blow up the wall, Blow up the barrels and when the chompie's get close use your charge to collect it all. If you are having trouble with it you can use a giant to move the boulders before hand for a more open path.
#13 Posted: 00:57:52 14/04/2013
Quote: wrecknroll
The Oracle or Ignitors HC work for the key quest.But Tree Rexs personal quest is so hard and I have not completed it yet sadly.

As I said in my rather large post ( smilie ), Tree Rex's personal quest is easiest in I think Bouncer's heroic challenge, Blobber's Folly. Starts with a big bouncy field and three waves of enemies, just keep moving and don't attack. If you don't have Bouncer, that's where I did it, so I dunno, can't help you. smilie

No, actually, you only get 10 in the Chompy Pit. Then they stop coming out until you kill some (even before I knew about the quests, I like walking around, not killing them, to kill them all at once. smilie When I do, I get "10 / 20". Otherwise, I agree, every "Kill lots at once", I go to the Chompy Pit. I've had that not work, though, like with Thumpback... Just turning around he steps on some then doesn't have enough. At those times I go to Chapter 2: Junkyard Isles, and go for the bunch of chompies at the beginning.
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
#14 Posted: 02:07:59 14/04/2013
Well yeah it does take a little bit more of an effort with Giants in the Chompy Pits. And that's what I mainly ment. The kill alot of enemies at once.
---
~N~
Hot Dog 542 Gold Sparx Gems: 2872
#15 Posted: 03:27:10 14/04/2013
Still so many Life Elements.
---
Quote: Bimle
Why is it that so many people have hardons for dogs?
#16 Posted: 08:20:23 14/04/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Terreneflame

Don't have Bouncer but I'm going to try Thumpbacks HC.
---
#17 Posted: 08:25:14 14/04/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: niceguy1

As I said in my rather large post ( smilie ), Tree Rex's personal quest is easiest in I think Bouncer's heroic challenge, Blobber's Folly. Starts with a big bouncy field and three waves of enemies, just keep moving and don't attack. If you don't have Bouncer, that's where I did it, so I dunno, can't help you. smilie

No, actually, you only get 10 in the Chompy Pit. Then they stop coming out until you kill some (even before I knew about the quests, I like walking around, not killing them, to kill them all at once. smilie When I do, I get "10 / 20". Otherwise, I agree, every "Kill lots at once", I go to the Chompy Pit. I've had that not work, though, like with Thumpback... Just turning around he steps on some then doesn't have enough. At those times I go to Chapter 2: Junkyard Isles, and go for the bunch of chompies at the beginning.

Get Chompy Chompdown from Auric (in Ch10) for "Kill Lots of at once" quests except for Flashwings Lighthouse quest. Do an arena instead!
---
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#18 Posted: 21:28:00 14/04/2013
I used "Save the Purple Chompies" HC to get my mass murder quest with Double Trouble today...seemed easy enough.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:28:34 14/04/2013 by GhostRoaster
zookinator Platinum Sparx Gems: 5694
#19 Posted: 00:46:24 15/04/2013
I'll add another Lie into the bunch.

For the Monster Masher quest and the Heroic Challenger quest, I do the kill 100 enemies quest, as it is relatively easy.
---
Skylanders Colosseum Clash
A Fanmade Skylanders Boardgame
#20 Posted: 00:53:16 15/04/2013
Also, if you need to kill with blocks...good ole Chapter 1 is good for that in the exclusive Life elemental section---there are re-generated chompies there and I got all of mine in one painless event. Takes a bit of time, but not too bad.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
#21 Posted: 01:30:25 15/04/2013
Ghost Roaster: I already gave that Chapter 1 tip in my mega-post. smilie

I get the funny feeling people aren't reading it, wonder why? smilie
---
#22 Posted: 03:48:24 15/04/2013
Ghost Roaster: I already gave that Chapter 1 tip in my mega-post. smilie

I get the funny feeling people aren't reading it, wonder why? smilie

I thought I read it....it was a good read. Should be required quest reading...good stuff

Ahhh--I never got to the last sentence...lol...Great Minds Think Alike
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:52:17 15/04/2013 by GhostRoaster
Doomslicer Gold Sparx Gems: 2037
#23 Posted: 04:57:06 15/04/2013
I'm waiting for the movie, might read the synopsis of the megapost :P
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
#24 Posted: 14:25:55 15/04/2013 | Topic Creator

Don't have Bouncer but I'm going to try Thumpbacks HC.

Quote: GhostRoaster
I used "Save the Purple Chompies" HC to get my mass murder quest with Double Trouble today...seemed easy enough.

Thumpbacks HC worked!I use chompy chompdown for mass murder instead.Any help on Trigger Happy gold One though?
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:29:47 15/04/2013 by wrecknroll
#25 Posted: 03:00:27 17/04/2013
Thumpbacks HC worked!I use chompy chompdown for mass murder instead.Any help on Trigger Happy gold One though?

That's one of those "Keep working on it" ones, 50,000 gold is a lot (and I did it twice... There's an XBox Achievement for getting to 65,000, and I did that one with Stealth Elf because she had a huge head start from my playing her in SSA). Also I was aware of and working on the Achievement before I knew about the quests.

There are two things I did: Firstly, with the Luck-O-Tron having all Wealth wheels on it, I would open the vault a few times, then play a level, then back to the vault so it didn't get so repetitive. I tend to get between 1,000 and 2,000 per open.

Keeping the Wealth wheels on, secondly I would whip out Trigger Happy whenever I find a pile of money while playing a level. Individual breakables and such I wouldn't bother switching, but bunches... I've played and replayed Chapter 15 - City Of Arkus a billion times because it's lucrative both for experience and money. I'd play through with someone who needs experience (who would generally already have all their upgrades), then whenever I get to a bunch of money I'd switch to Trigger Happy. For example, when bouncing up to get the key for the door that leads to the pile of Trog Wanderers and the Magic Gate, destroying the wall behind the key leads to a bunch of money. Also under said bouncy pad, opening the gates in that room. Also the first giant barrels run, following the barrels off the cliff there's a bunch of money down there, too. And I go EVERYWHERE, the money adds up.

Took shorter than I thought it would, I got there before I realized I was that close.

If you're willing to take the time, play the game from the beginning. You can have Trigger Happy have the Treasure Chests. When you get late enough in the game for the Winged Sapphire to appear on the Crane Deck (can't remember if that's at the end or not), DON'T take it. Finish the game. Then visit the Crane Deck (in the tower by Brock, up the ramp to the door above the vault room/the room with Auric's store), there's a LOAD of money there at the end of the game, I think like 3,000-5,000. Take the money, but still don't take the Winged Sapphire, and immediately ABORT the game. That is, don't exit properly, have the system exit. Eject the disc, reboot the system, on the XBox, open the XBox menu and exit to XBox home, etc. Without the Winged Sapphire, the game won't save that you got the money, but it immediately saves to the figure when you pick up money. Re-enter the game, you can take the money again, abort the game again.

You'll probably hit 50,000 long before finishing the game again, though. smilie
---
swohh4work Yellow Sparx Gems: 1226
#26 Posted: 17:34:54 17/04/2013
I am having trouble with crushers/ granite crushers kill with boulders quest? chompies don't seem to count? I am not sure what increases the count? I have 29/100. any tips?
#27 Posted: 18:15:09 17/04/2013
You have to smash enemies with the boulders that Giants can pick up. And Chompies should count. Also by pressing 2nd attack you can smash the boulder at your feet making it easier to hit enemies.
#28 Posted: 21:35:02 17/04/2013
Molekin level is where i did it, lots of bolders and lots of people to kill- like it was said smash them down rather than throw them
#29 Posted: 22:26:04 17/04/2013
Yeah, I found Crusher's quest misleading. It seemed obvious that it meant breaking into his boulder form and killing like that, but it actually means boulders you pick up. Luckily I read about this before I tried tackling his quest. Attack 1 and Action throws it far, and as people have been saying, Attack 2 or 3 smashes it (almost) at your feet, much easier for enemies who have noticed you and are charging you, like Chompies.

I found great success at this in Chapter 2: Junkyard Isles. The first island not so much, except the beginning, but the second island is bountiful with both boulders and enemies at which to throw them. Chapter 3: Rumbletown is pretty good in the first half too, climbing the "ramps" to the top.
---
Nelomet Emerald Sparx Gems: 3069
#30 Posted: 22:48:04 17/04/2013
Aha, Crusher's quest? Troll Home security, without a doubt. Those respawning warheads are 'boulders' for all intents and purposes.
Also, thanks for the info on smashing it on the ground, I wish they'd been a little more obvious with that info.
---
Fear not the dark, my friend, and let the feast begin.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:49:04 17/04/2013 by Nelomet
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#31 Posted: 22:51:21 17/04/2013
^ Not to mention the Kaos statue that hides a teleporter to his Soul Gem.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
#32 Posted: 00:09:43 18/04/2013
Ok, let's see.. going to attempt Flame slingers Circular Combustion quet.

I tried it with the chompy pit but the compies hit the walls and died before I could complete the circle. So I need a new plan of action. Any ideas? Well unless i find a way to complete it.

PS: My upgrade was the Bow and Arrow upgrade. not the fire path upgrade.
---
~N~
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:12:57 18/04/2013 by JCat
#33 Posted: 01:19:27 18/04/2013
For any of these kill so many enemies things I always use Terrafin's challenge. Spawner cave, assuming you have access to it. If you go to the top portion with a ton of Spawner's, you can get many more than needed to start to follow you. For Flameslinger you can start your circle a little early and they will still run into it counting for the challenge.
#34 Posted: 02:05:20 18/04/2013
Ok well I got Terrafin's challenge... so I'll check that out... thanks.

UGH X2 That was evil those little things kept on dyeing either before i completed the circle or they didn't jump in time/walk into it in time. But i finally got it
---
~N~
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:14:15 18/04/2013 by JCat
#35 Posted: 05:59:21 18/04/2013
On Easy the Life mages only show up once after beating up some. On Nightmare mode they come twice. But it's possible that I just waited around long enough for a new wave to come.

Also a Stump Smash's Hero Challenge "Mission Achomplished" is a good place for the tech mission to unlock doors.

I found that Tree Rex's individual challenge is easier in the second bounce pad room during Bouncer's heroic challenge.
---
~N~
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 07:28:48 18/04/2013 by JCat
#36 Posted: 09:55:18 19/04/2013
The second room? You mean after talking to Blobbers and being in a room full of Troll generators? Yeah, that's pretty good, but when I tried I started and finished the quest in the first room, I don't know why I would want to wait for the second room.

Which Life Mages are you talking about?
---
Ninpire Gold Sparx Gems: 2951
#37 Posted: 20:43:46 19/04/2013
how do i do the elementalist quest...fast
Kiroq Gold Sparx Gems: 2328
#38 Posted: 22:35:27 19/04/2013
^I put the power wheels on the luck-o-tron and then do the turret in the ship.
---
smilie Fools! I've had it up to here with your incompetence! Actually no, even higher..up to HERE!
#39 Posted: 23:39:05 19/04/2013
Or go into battle mode. Use a character that has the advantage against a preferable giant.

Air>Earth>Tech>Magic>Undead>Life>Water>Fire>Air

So say you want to get Sonic Boom his elemental quest. Then fight against Crusher if you have him, if not pick the one you have with the most hp. (Terrafin, Bash Etc.)
#40 Posted: 07:56:43 20/04/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: siowm6
Or go into battle mode. Use a character that has the advantage against a preferable giant.

Air>Earth>Tech>Magic>Undead>Life>Water>Fire>Air

So say you want to get Sonic Boom his elemental quest. Then fight against Crusher if you have him, if not pick the one you have with the most hp. (Terrafin, Bash Etc.)

Excactly how a I do it. Simple on Skygem Master when there's unlimeted HP.
---
#41 Posted: 10:23:38 20/04/2013
Heh, as I said in my mega-post, I do Sky Goals for the Elementalist quest. smilie With all the info I included, I PROBABLY should have gathered up the advantage wheel and quoted it, LOL!

Not sure if Sky Goals or SkyGem works better. Since neither is about defeating your opponent through attacks, you can just keep pounding away. Actually, does Sky Gems have a time limit? I know whoever is first to 5 (6?) gems wins... If there's no time limit, it's better. Except I also work on the 10 PvP quest at the same time, if the matches actually end, that means at least you're also making progress there, even if it's slow because you're doing 2 minute matches at a time.

Oh, and if your character is weak in Elemental, and you don't feel like pumping him/her up with the appropriate Heroic Challenges first, put on an advantageous hat, I think the Wizard Hat is +25 to Elemental damage. I had someone who was taking forever on this, putting on the hat really helped a lot, the only time I've been able to see a difference before and after a hat.
---
#42 Posted: 22:20:37 23/04/2013
Heh, as I said in my mega-post, I do Sky Goals for the Elementalist quest. smilie With all the info I included, I PROBABLY should have gathered up the advantage wheel and quoted it, LOL!

Not sure if Sky Goals or SkyGem works better. Since neither is about defeating your opponent through attacks, you can just keep pounding away. Actually, does Sky Gems have a time limit? I know whoever is first to 5 (6?) gems wins... If there's no time limit, it's better. Except I also work on the 10 PvP quest at the same time, if the matches actually end, that means at least you're also making progress there, even if it's slow because you're doing 2 minute matches at a time.

Oh, and if your character is weak in Elemental, and you don't feel like pumping him/her up with the appropriate Heroic Challenges first, put on an advantageous hat, I think the Wizard Hat is +25 to Elemental damage. I had someone who was taking forever on this, putting on the hat really helped a lot, the only time I've been able to see a difference before and after a hat.

Sky gems doesn't have a time limit. So if your not working on the 10 PvP match then SkyGems is best. I did a few in Sky Goals before realizing SkyGems was better in my case (all my skylanders had their 10 PvP quest done allready.) and it took me about 2-3 times before getting the goal.

The Wizard Hat does give +25 to Elemental Damage. and it was a big help... escially with those with slow attacks.

Anyways, I've done every Challenge execpt for 22 of the individual Challenges. (Cuz I don't have them.) I found out that Stump Smash's Heroic Challenge is awesome for the Key Challenge as you get up to 7 locked gates. Plus beating 100 enemies addes to your "beat 1000 enemies." Oh FYI even though the quest says "Picking the right path will determine the amount of Chompies. Well I found out that no matter which one you pick you'll never reach 100 before having to start over.

Oh, for Lightning Rod's "Get 500 gold in mid air" Challenge. I found Drill X level to be really good for that. You can get about 100 plus each play through. (though I skipped the boss.) I think it took me like 3 play throughs (Starting with 97 gold) to get it finished.

Legendary Trigger Happy is the only one I don't have of my skylanders completely finished. His "collect 50,000 gold" is very evil. I've started another save file and only going through using Trigger Happy. so We'll see how that works.

I also got Sun Burn today so we'll see how he does.

.... which reminds me. Does the Gold you collect while riding that Dragon in Dragon's peak count for the "Collect Gold in Air" challenge?

Last question. If you reset a character. does it reset it's finished Heroic quests too?
---
~N~
#43 Posted: 22:31:33 23/04/2013
If you reset a character, all is reset. Gold, heroics, level, upgrades,quests. Everything is back to just like when you bought the figure new.
#44 Posted: 22:52:18 23/04/2013
Quote: siowm6
If you reset a character, all is reset. Gold, heroics, level, upgrades,quests. Everything is back to just like when you bought the figure new.

That bites... big time. Awe well Lesson 1: make sure you have the path you want before doing quests. smilie
---
~N~
#45 Posted: 23:58:24 23/04/2013
JCat, sent you a pm that may help your situation there.
#46 Posted: 04:31:08 24/04/2013
Sent a PM back.

Back On topic. Sun burn's main quest seems pretty boring/easy. More time consuming but not really hard to to it's amount.
---
~N~
#47 Posted: 11:06:27 24/04/2013
Sunburn is travelling by teleport, right? 1 Mile I believe. It amused me that the "1 mile" became 5200-something random units, LOL! I rarely actually teleport with him, so I made a special point until I got it.

Not sure if flying on Dragon's Peak counts towards aerial money, that one didn't occur to me. Unfortunate that I don't think I have an Air character who still needs this quest, so I can't check.

I believe I reset Scarlet Ninjini after getting all her quests - I picked the other path as I did for Ninjini, and I was THAT dissatisfied with the other path - and yeah, her quests were reset to. Think of Reset as "Back to Store New". smilie

Which challenge do you find it doesn't matter which path, you can't get 100 Chompies? Every 100 Chompy Challenge I've tried I've completed, and the ones where you have to go the right way, I've suceeded either way. If it's Stump Smash, I only have S1 so I've only done it in SSA, but I don't imagine it changed THAT much in Giants. Is that the one where you also have to smash barrels to find the key, and eventually there's 2 doors to pick from? I definitely remember succeeding with either path on that one, though I generally go up because I like ending up in that big room, the first room of the Purple Chompies. I recall that if you somehow don't have 100 by then, and have time left, I think you can teleport back to do the other path.
---
#48 Posted: 18:21:55 24/04/2013
It HAS changed that much in giants- Stump Smash's quest now only gets you 80 down either path, but you just teleport back to the choice with a new key and finish up- no big deal smilie
#49 Posted: 20:50:50 24/04/2013
Sunburn is travelling by teleport, right? 1 Mile I believe. It amused me that the "1 mile" became 5200-something random units, LOL! I rarely actually teleport with him, so I made a special point until I got it.

Not sure if flying on Dragon's Peak counts towards aerial money, that one didn't occur to me. Unfortunate that I don't think I have an Air character who still needs this quest, so I can't check.

I believe I reset Scarlet Ninjini after getting all her quests - I picked the other path as I did for Ninjini, and I was THAT dissatisfied with the other path - and yeah, her quests were reset to. Think of Reset as "Back to Store New". smilie

Which challenge do you find it doesn't matter which path, you can't get 100 Chompies? Every 100 Chompy Challenge I've tried I've completed, and the ones where you have to go the right way, I've suceeded either way. If it's Stump Smash, I only have S1 so I've only done it in SSA, but I don't imagine it changed THAT much in Giants. Is that the one where you also have to smash barrels to find the key, and eventually there's 2 doors to pick from? I definitely remember succeeding with either path on that one, though I generally go up because I like ending up in that big room, the first room of the Purple Chompies. I recall that if you somehow don't have 100 by then, and have time left, I think you can teleport back to do the other path.

Sadly I also don't have an air challenge left to get to test it either. Didn't think of it til after I got Dragn's peak yesterday. (But had access to it thanks to my nephew.)

However, As I said, in Giants they actually do have it where no matter which path you take in Stump Smash's quest you don't get 100 enemies... as in without having to go to the other path. And that's what I ment.

It HAS changed that much in giants- Stump Smash's quest now only gets you 80 down either path, but you just teleport back to the choice with a new key and finish up- no big deal smilie

^ True but one of the perks is that if your also doing this to get your Tech key quest you'll get the maximum amount of locks each time you play through the challenge smilie. I believe I counted 7 locks all together.
---
~N~
Ninpire Gold Sparx Gems: 2951
#50 Posted: 21:19:16 24/04/2013
i teleport with sunburn all the time smilie i love that move because i went with flame lord
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me