Page 1 of 1
PSN Version GLITCHES GALORE! [CLOSED]
TorchSheep Emerald Sparx Gems: 3251
#1 Posted: 20:25:39 21/05/2013 | Topic Creator
I noticed alot of glitches in the PSN version of the game. (Aswell as the frame rate being much slower.)

- The intro music doesn't play for about 7 seconds after the game starts up.
- The Spike is Born cutscene is completely gone.
- And my favorite, when I was battling the Sorceress... Sunrise Springs' theme played during the battle instead of the regular theme... aswell at the Sorceress making Buzz's hit noise every time I hit her...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:25:54 21/05/2013 by TorchSheep
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7699
#2 Posted: 20:39:23 21/05/2013
Quote: Me in the YOTD page
-When you get to the home screen, the music doesn't play for the first two seconds.

-Same in Sunrise Spring.

-Sometimes, the music slows down, along with the character's movements.

-A gem fell off the bridge in Cloud Spires and I didn't get it back

-In the cutscene "The Second Warning", Bianca appeared from in the middle of the tree, and Hunter walked right through her 0_____o

That last one was the weirdest!
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
#3 Posted: 20:44:18 21/05/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Jaggedstar
-When you get to the home screen, the music doesn't play for the first two seconds.

-Same in Sunrise Spring.

-In the cutscene "The Second Warning", Bianca appeared from in the middle of the tree, and Hunter walked right through her 0_____o

I think I skipped that one,so I didn't notice, but it sounds pretty weird.
#4 Posted: 21:00:44 21/05/2013
Quote: TorchSheep
Quote: Jaggedstar

-Same in Sunrise Spring.

I think I skipped that one,so I didn't notice, but it sounds pretty weird.

Very. Oh and also, when Spyro flies to Hunter before giving Bianca the evils, he glitches through the floor. 0__0
---
oh my god
Wojowu Yellow Sparx Gems: 1415
#5 Posted: 05:29:25 22/05/2013
I didn't think PSN version can be that glitchy smilie
---
Any Osu fan here?
SamXala Gold Sparx Gems: 2398
#6 Posted: 19:31:15 22/05/2013
smilie, I didn't notice about this glitches before (I'm not a Glitch Hunter if you ask smilie!!)
---
O_0 Holy Cow!! I'm a Gold Sparx!
Wojowu Yellow Sparx Gems: 1415
#7 Posted: 19:54:52 22/05/2013
Quote: SamXala
smilie, I didn't notice about this glitches before (I'm not a Glitch Hunter if you ask smilie!!)

I don't even have PSN versions. I have all 3 discs originals smilie
---
Any Osu fan here?
#8 Posted: 18:34:43 23/05/2013
Quote: SPARXisAWESOME
Quote: Wojowu
I don't even have PSN versions. I have all 3 discs originals smilie

I do too, and YOTD on PSN. The original discs are the best to play with though.
---
oh my god
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12760
#9 Posted: 17:17:01 28/05/2013
Quote: TorchSheep
- The Spike is Born cutscene is completely gone.

Apparently, that glitch is also present in early American versions of the game. It makes sense considering that the PSN versions of the Spyro games are the American versions, even if you buy them from the European PSN store.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:17:21 28/05/2013 by alicecarp
#10 Posted: 17:54:08 28/05/2013
I heard the Spike is Born cutscene doesn't play in the original versions of the game because it was "Too scary for little children," and they got loads of complaints. May or may not be true, I'm not sure.

I have found four more glitches. The music at the startup screen no longer plays at all. W T F. The other glitch is the Country Speedway one which I made a topic about. Another, is when I was playing Tank Blast 2 (ohhhh Insomniac, when I get my hands on you....ahem) I shot all of them. On the 10th guy, I shot him, dodged his shot (because we shot at the same time) and it went past me. But I died. That pissed me off to no end so I quit and went to Crystal Islands to Whack An Innocent Mole. Kinda same thing happened. I bonked all 20 and in 2 seconds I got the last one. But it still said I had to do it again. Ffs PSN.

Edit: MIDNIGHT MOUNTAIN THIEF FALLS OFF THE BRIDGE. I REPEAT: THE MOTHER****ING MIDNIGHT MOUNTAIN THIEF FALLS OFF THE ****ING BRIDGE.
---
oh my god
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:29:49 28/05/2013 by Jaggedstar
#11 Posted: 19:37:08 28/05/2013 | Topic Creator
I have all three original discs (all are pretty scratched up and glitch quite a bit still work fine overall). I got the PSN versions of all three because of the glitched I experience from my PS1 copies smilie
#12 Posted: 19:48:03 28/05/2013
I've noticed a few glitches from playing the PSN version that weren't present in my game disk (bearing in mind, my disk is the platinum version):

- When I was getting the Glide to the Island egg in Cloud Spires, Spyro wouldn't interact with it. I had to get in and out a challenge portal to fix the glitch.

- One of the rhynocs in Spooky Swamp gave out 2 green gems instead of one and I ended up getting 502/500 gems. However, the next time I loaded the game, I had the correct number of gems. (I posted a topic about it)

- When I was firing a cannon in Icy Peak, the game randomly froze. It only happened once, but I'm not sure if it was the game's fault or my PSP's.

- I usually struggle with the Yeti Boxing challenges. However, when I did it a second time just to get the skill point, the yeti didn't fight back at all (he just stood there and took my beatings) so I easily beat him in two rounds and got the skill point. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it, but that was after I completed the game.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 19:53:24 28/05/2013 by alicecarp
#13 Posted: 19:52:33 28/05/2013
^You're lucky about the Yeti Boxing one. The other guy punched me and I couldn't punch back.

Major glitch here: I have 144 eggs and 6790 gems. I have not yet fought the Sorceress for the first time, but Bianca has opened the lair for me. I am able to access the Super Bonus Round. I can go through the portal, but Spyro just flies forever and never gets there. I have to restart the PlayStation -____-
---
oh my god
#14 Posted: 19:53:12 28/05/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: alicecarp
I've noticed a few glitches from playing the PSN version that weren't present in my game disk (bearing in mind, my disk is the platinum version):

- When I was getting the Glide to the Island egg in Cloud Spires, Spyro wouldn't interact with it. I had to get in and out a challenge portal to fix the glitch.

- One of the rhynocs in Spooky Swamp gave out 2 green gems instead of one and I ended up getting 502/500 gems. However, the next time I loaded the game, I had the correct number of gems. (I posted a topic about it)

- When I was firing a cannon in Icy Peak, the game randomly froze. It only happened once, but I'm not sure if it was the game's fault or my PSP's.

- I usually struggle with the Yeti Boxing challenges. However, when I did it a second time just to get the skill point, the yeti didn't fight back at all (he just stood there and took my beatings) so I easily beat him in two turns and got the skill point. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it, but that was after I completed the game.

For the last one, it's most likely because of the minigame becoming 2-Player after you beat it. Maybe it activated itself without you adding a second controller?

(Also ALICECARP JUST POSTED! SIGN MY FOREHEAD!)
#15 Posted: 19:55:30 28/05/2013
Okay! *signs forehead* smilie

Also, I thought you had to enter a cheat code to make it 2-player.
#16 Posted: 19:57:21 28/05/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: alicecarp
Okay! *signs forehead* smilie

Also, I thought you had to enter a cheat code to make it 2-player.

Best Day Ever now. smilie

Nope, you just need to press start on the second controller once you've finished the minigame.
#17 Posted: 20:00:33 28/05/2013
I guess the PSP always has a second controller set regardless of whether the game is single player or not.
EmperorKaos Emerald Sparx Gems: 4399
#18 Posted: 20:26:40 28/05/2013
Psn got lots of lagy games
#19 Posted: 20:35:48 28/05/2013
That's true. I recently downloaded the Crash Bandicoot games on my PS3 and the first game kept freezing. That's something that would never happen on the actual disk.
EmperorKaos Emerald Sparx Gems: 4399
#20 Posted: 21:08:54 28/05/2013
In game data freeze on the ps3 but funny enough the xbox 360 is the opposite
AirSuperiority Green Sparx Gems: 252
#21 Posted: 23:13:11 28/06/2013
Ive been thinking of getting a playstation console. Do they update the current PS-One classics?
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#22 Posted: 01:51:49 29/06/2013
Ugh, so it IS the Black Label NTSC version? *groan* I really though they would have used the Greatest Hits version, which fixed all of those issues. That's... disheartening, since I don't have my physical YotD copy anymore, but I haven't gotten it from the PSN yet. >.<
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#23 Posted: 17:21:45 26/09/2013
Spike is Born was only in Greatest Hits(and I think Collector's Edition), and the Sorceress battle theme was Sunrise Spring in the original NTSC version(haha! Ultimate anticlimax smilie over here in PAL, she had the Spike theme, not a new one but at least actual boss music). Those aren't glitches, just things that were in the version they've ported.
You can actually view Spike is Born by entering a cheat code. It is in the game, it's just never played.

However, I'm getting extreme lag when my game is in full screen mode too. My old copy never lagged.

Also, one that annoys me, the power ups last for less time so I couldn't do the out-of-bounds glitch, and thus swim in air, in Sunrise Spring... I'm not sure if they actually tweaked this on purpose or if it's just the different timing of the PSP, because the tree seems taller too, but I enjoy messing around with glitches so this one was disappointing.
I haven't tested it much, but it feels like the pause time after pressing start was changed too, which would make Invincibility and Swim In Air: Evening Lake glitches more difficult.

It's strange, because the ports of the other two games seem to play fine. >.> Was the original release really this bad?
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:31:13 26/09/2013 by Arc of Archives
DragonDog Ripto Gems: 1798
#24 Posted: 18:55:11 11/01/2014
I got the Greatest Hits one on every single on of the 3 classics. So I don't have to worry.... But I fell sorry for you guys smilie
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me