darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Giants > New here, some quick info needed
Page 1 of 1
New here, some quick info needed [CLOSED]
Evokazz Green Sparx Gems: 111
#1 Posted: 23:07:12 17/04/2013 | Topic Creator
We bought both Skylanders games for my son on XBOX, and having sat down with it while he was at school I have become more hooked than him, I have decided to collect all the figures,,,I'm not concerned with the different variations, and not too bothered about which series, as long as we own 1 of every character I'm good. As it happens most of our guys are orange based ones and a lot of those work on SA.

Were missing from our collection:

Ninjini
Sunburn
Wham Shell

I live in the UK, does anyone have a release date for Ninjini? My local GAME said it should of been last week, but their books say it was delayed and would be next week...I dunno though..Smyths have been saying the same thing for 3 months!!!

Also many people say the Sunburn pack is available everywhere, I have never ever seen him, where do people find him? Other than online?

Wham Shell is obviously gonna have to be online, but was wondering does anyone here have one they would sell? eBay people are asking stupid money...I've already paid £40 for the Darklight Crypt Pack, and that was OTT for me lol.
siowm6 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1482
#2 Posted: 23:27:14 17/04/2013
Be careful asking to buy things from people here. 1) It is against the rules of the site. 2) there is no protection, like Ebay or Amazon have.

I am not sure about U.K. release dates as I am a U.S. resident.

As for Sunburn, you never know. Just because alot of people see them in their store, doesn't mean that your specific local stores have them in stock. Besides going to Ebay etc. just keep checking to see if they get more on the pegs. Otherwise you may have to resort to online retailers.
Doomslicer Gold Sparx Gems: 2037
#3 Posted: 23:46:12 17/04/2013
Next time you visit a relatively smaller town with the right stores, check there, they might have older items.
Wham Shell may be nigh-impossible to acquire, though.
Also, I'm withholding from getting Ninjini, I'm going to get her scarlet counterpart instead if possible.
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6081
#4 Posted: 23:51:07 17/04/2013
All of the series 1 stuff is a bit hard to come by aside from the internet. Aside from buying online, it's just a matter of getting lucky in the right store. TRU seems to be one of the better places for series 1 stuff. They even have a castle case that comes with Wham Shell.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
CommanderGame Emerald Sparx Gems: 3610
#5 Posted: 00:47:28 18/04/2013
Here In Canada, no store has S1 Stock...

In the U.S though, when I went there, I saw a few S1 Double Troubles.
WhirlwindDragon Green Sparx Gems: 407
#6 Posted: 01:01:22 18/04/2013
I've only seen the Dragon's Peak Adventure Pack a few times at a few Walmart stores within my area when I was looking for S2 Wrecking Ball
---
2/2 Stone Variants Zook and Whirlwind and Polar Whirlwind

I need Scarlet Ninjini
lyshote Blue Sparx Gems: 735
#7 Posted: 01:35:11 18/04/2013
IsQuote: Seiki
All of the series 1 stuff is a bit hard to come by aside from the internet. Aside from buying online, it's just a matter of getting lucky in the right store. TRU seems to be one of the better places for series 1 stuff. They even have a castle case that comes with Wham Shell.

Is that Wham Shell a reproduction?
#8 Posted: 02:01:16 18/04/2013
Quote: lyshote

No, it's a normal S1 Wham Shell. Oddly the case says Skylanders GIANTS on it. I think it was just released sort of between games. It isn't that common, but probably more common than finding Wham Shell on its own.

Here's a pic of it.
[User Posted Image]
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
Hexblazer Blue Sparx Gems: 895
#9 Posted: 03:31:24 18/04/2013
I live here in bc, canada and i see alot of sunburn adventure pack in store and on craigslist that people are selling, i haven't seen ninjini for the last 3 weeks because toyrus and eb games didn't get any new shipping for the last 3 weeks maybe because wave 5 is coming out soon enough and for wham shell some people from craigslist are selling it.
#10 Posted: 05:21:05 18/04/2013
Quote: Seiki
Quote: lyshote

No, it's a normal S1 Wham Shell. Oddly the case says Skylanders GIANTS on it. I think it was just released sort of between games. It isn't that common, but probably more common than finding Wham Shell on its own.

Here's a pic of it.
[User Posted Image]

I read in some reviews of that that it sometimes doesn't even come with Wham Shell. Rip-off!
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
#11 Posted: 05:27:41 18/04/2013
You're right. It doesn't always. You need to read the packaging as it says on the orange spot on the bottom corner if it does. Besides, shake the box a bit and you should be able to tell. smilie
---
Nelomet Emerald Sparx Gems: 3069
#12 Posted: 05:54:51 18/04/2013
Keep an eye out, and venture long and wide, I find a lot of different places have varying stock. A local store near here is all but drowning in Dinorang and Camo, even S1 Zook, plus Empire of Ice utterly refuses to move. Heck, I've even spotted Dragon's peak once or twice! (Darklight Crypt is extinct in my corner of the world, I should've nabbed multiple ones when I had the chance!)

I imagine since you're in a PAL region like me, we're waaaaaaay behind on wave releases, I've personally relented and just purchased Ninjini on Ebay. All I could suggest is keep waiting, put down a preorder at a games store, but if you're getting impatient, prices are slowly becoming more reasonable on Ebay.
---
Fear not the dark, my friend, and let the feast begin.
Hot Dog 542 Gold Sparx Gems: 2872
#13 Posted: 06:07:09 18/04/2013
Quote: Nelomet
Keep an eye out, and venture long and wide, I find a lot of different places have varying stock. A local store near here is all but drowning in Dinorang and Camo, even S1 Zook, plus Empire of Ice utterly refuses to move. Heck, I've even spotted Dragon's peak once or twice! (Darklight Crypt is extinct in my corner of the world, I should've nabbed multiple ones when I had the chance!)

I imagine since you're in a PAL region like me, we're waaaaaaay behind on wave releases, I've personally relented and just purchased Ninjini on Ebay. All I could suggest is keep waiting, put down a preorder at a games store, but if you're getting impatient, prices are slowly becoming more reasonable on Ebay.

What's that shop called?
---
Quote: Bimle
Why is it that so many people have hardons for dogs?
#14 Posted: 07:00:04 18/04/2013
Warehouse Extra in Hastings, they've been shifting stock around so it's rather chaotic right now.
---
NAYHA Green Sparx Gems: 475
#15 Posted: 08:01:35 18/04/2013
check your nearest toys r' us UK, mine still has whamshell with the giants castle..

hopefully ninjini will be out tomorrow at gamestop UK..

join our UK/EU skylanders group --> https://www.facebook.com/groups/all.about.skylanders/
---
"All About Skylanders" Facebook Group- https://www.facebook.com/groups/all.about.skylanders/
Terreneflame Blue Sparx Gems: 943
#16 Posted: 08:22:46 18/04/2013
Try CEX if your not bothered by pre-owned stuff, their website has both sunburn and wham shell avalible- you only get the figures, not the cards etc- but i got my darklight crypt for £18 from them..
#17 Posted: 09:30:51 18/04/2013
Again, save your money for Scarlet, she's statistically the best!
---
Maenta Green Sparx Gems: 150
#18 Posted: 16:35:43 18/04/2013
Quote: Terreneflame
Try CEX if your not bothered by pre-owned stuff, their website has both sunburn and wham shell avalible- you only get the figures, not the cards etc- but i got my darklight crypt for £18 from them..

I agree with this post! CEX online is a bit of a gold mine if you're not bothered about cards/stickers/unboxed figures. They even have Boomer which took me quite a while to find for a reasonable price.
---
Newest: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Ninpire Gold Sparx Gems: 2951
#19 Posted: 21:11:16 18/04/2013
Quote: Doomslicer
Again, save your money for Scarlet, she's statistically the best!

i personally like the normal ninjini because she has red hair like erza scarlet from fairy tail smilie i was going to get the scarlet ninjini but i found out it has black hair so i ran into ninjini and bought and gave it the nickname "Erza" and yes i mostly care about how my skylander looks
Tel Prydain Blue Sparx Gems: 903
#20 Posted: 22:12:41 18/04/2013

JB in Wellington often has Dragon's Peak and it's piled with Dinorang. But yeah, the Crypt was hard to get - glad I did though.

I caved and got Ninjini online too. Oh the shame!
Just need voodood now - Mighty Ape seems to have him, but the darn thing is taking AGES.
---
My collection: 98/99
Photos: http://s1298.photobucket.com/u...rary/Skylanders
Looking for: smilie
JCat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1540
#21 Posted: 23:11:20 18/04/2013
While it's true Whamshell can be harder to find. It is possible that it could be available as a reposable character whenever SwapForce comes out. I say it's possible as in there's only 2 skylanders that have been short of confirmed as reposed. Stealth Elf (Confirmed) and Boomer who's been short of confirmed.
---
Main Team: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
~N~
Tel Prydain Blue Sparx Gems: 903
#22 Posted: 23:38:38 18/04/2013
I wouldn't count on a reposed Boomer.
Some of the 'lost eight' are lost because the characters were unloved, not because they were trying to make them rare.
---
My collection: 98/99
Photos: http://s1298.photobucket.com/u...rary/Skylanders
Looking for: smilie
niceguy1 Blue Sparx Gems: 532
#23 Posted: 10:05:52 19/04/2013
IDK, I'm pretty sure the "cast" of Giants was set before some of the later SSA figures came out. Like I think I heard Wham Shell and Boomer were released really late, probably too late to decide they were poor sellers and exclude them from Giants. I've heard people blame THEIR poor sales on their short sales window before Giants came out and they stopped putting SSA stuff on the shelves.

As I see it, they simply excluded one from each element in an attempt to not over-do the re-releasing, and sort-of balance re-released characters with new characters. I think the choice of who to exclude was more random. Just look at Ghost Roaster (and I think Sunburn?)... They were only available in more expensive Adventure Packs, their sales figures certainly shouldn't be compared with the sales of someone in a single pack, or who are available in multiple ways... And the ones in the Starter Pack would have an unfair advantage.
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:09:17 19/04/2013 by niceguy1
#24 Posted: 11:45:39 19/04/2013
Quote: Tel Prydain
I wouldn't count on a reposed Boomer.
Some of the 'lost eight' are lost because the characters were unloved, not because they were trying to make them rare.

You're telling me Camo wasn't loved?

You're telling me Warnado wasn't loved?

You're telling me Wham-Shell wasn't loved?

You're telling me Sunburn wasn't loved?

You're telling me Boomer was-(Never mind he wasn't loved indeed)
WhirlwindDragon Green Sparx Gems: 407
#25 Posted: 12:18:39 19/04/2013
You forgot about Ghost Roaster
---
2/2 Stone Variants Zook and Whirlwind and Polar Whirlwind

I need Scarlet Ninjini
#26 Posted: 13:16:30 19/04/2013
^Ghost Roaster never had much fame.

He USED to be always right there, on the pegs.Occasionaly being bought.
Evokazz Green Sparx Gems: 111
#27 Posted: 17:50:37 19/04/2013 | Topic Creator
Ok finally, I found Wham Shell, there is a guy selling a ton of them on eBay for £20 incl postage, new. I also picked up Sunburn Dragons Peak brand new from the same guy for £18.95, all in all a good day. Just got my Voodood, Camo and Warnado delivered today, took awhile to arrive, but am hapy...Im also hearing a lot around the web that Ninjini could be out next week here in the UK
Ninpire Gold Sparx Gems: 2951
#28 Posted: 20:48:31 19/04/2013
Quote: niceguy1
IDK, I'm pretty sure the "cast" of Giants was set before some of the later SSA figures came out. Like I think I heard Wham Shell and Boomer were released really late, probably too late to decide they were poor sellers and exclude them from Giants. I've heard people blame THEIR poor sales on their short sales window before Giants came out and they stopped putting SSA stuff on the shelves.

As I see it, they simply excluded one from each element in an attempt to not over-do the re-releasing, and sort-of balance re-released characters with new characters. I think the choice of who to exclude was more random. Just look at Ghost Roaster (and I think Sunburn?)... They were only available in more expensive Adventure Packs, their sales figures certainly shouldn't be compared with the sales of someone in a single pack, or who are available in multiple ways... And the ones in the Starter Pack would have an unfair advantage.

THIS.
#29 Posted: 22:45:24 19/04/2013
Quote: Evokazz
Ok finally, I found Wham Shell, there is a guy selling a ton of them on eBay for £20 incl postage, new. I also picked up Sunburn Dragons Peak brand new from the same guy for £18.95, all in all a good day. Just got my Voodood, Camo and Warnado delivered today, took awhile to arrive, but am hapy...Im also hearing a lot around the web that Ninjini could be out next week here in the UK

I'm glad you got what you needed! It's satisfying when you've cleared your collection, and can only hope Ninjini comes out soon.
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me