Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Previous | Page 3 of 4 | Last
1 2 3 4
Change User Name? [CLOSED]
HotDogAndZap Emerald Sparx Gems: 3531
#101 Posted: 21:10:58 26/06/2013
Quote: JCW555
Again, I'll say this. You shouldn't pick a username that'll fit you the first month you're on here. Pick a username that will last throughout your tenure here. I've been JCW555 for YEARS before I came here, so I used it here smilie

Well I was only here for the *coughskylandergamepagescough* and didn't know there was a forum until months later.

*slams head on table repeatedly*

I'm not very smart, okay?

That's also why nobody knew me when I was a red sparx.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#102 Posted: 23:26:15 26/06/2013
Again, I'll say this. You shouldn't pick a username that'll fit you the first month you're on here. Pick a username that will last throughout your tenure here. I've been JCW555 for YEARS before I came here, so I used it here smilie

I've grown used to my username I used on another forum, and I used it here as well when I came here.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#103 Posted: 02:23:36 27/06/2013
Again, I'll say this. You shouldn't pick a username that'll fit you the first month you're on here. Pick a username that will last throughout your tenure here. I've been JCW555 for YEARS before I came here, so I used it here :P

You're forgetting that some of us have been here for years, and made the names when we were quite young (or didn't even make them). So you'll have to forgive me if I grown QUITE tired of this one and want to change it to the alias I usually use. <.<
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
wspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 4422
#104 Posted: 18:41:33 28/06/2013
Quote: HIR
Again, I'll say this. You shouldn't pick a username that'll fit you the first month you're on here. Pick a username that will last throughout your tenure here. I've been JCW555 for YEARS before I came here, so I used it here :P

You're forgetting that some of us have been here for years, and made the names when we were quite young (or didn't even make them). So you'll have to forgive me if I grown QUITE tired of this one and want to change it to the alias I usually use. <.<

Exactly.
I made wspyro when I was really little. I chose because Spyro was taken. I added the W at random(Well I want with what I found was the least used letter).

TrojanPon3 has been with me for a long ass time and I haven't disliked it at any moment.
Wspyro was a choice of a little boy with no thought into it. So of course he was going to get tired of it.

Point is, some people didn't get a "choice".
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:42:57 28/06/2013 by wspyro
joerox123 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1992
#105 Posted: 05:18:23 29/06/2013
joerox123 was a thing back in fifth grade with my old pal sophie, we dont talk anymore and now it makes me sad sometimes because me and her used to be the bestest friends. Now she's gone, living in France... well, I wanna change it so badly.
---
the road is long, we carry on
try to have fun in the meantime☠
wrecknroll Yellow Sparx Gems: 1167
#106 Posted: 20:09:30 09/07/2013
*bump*

Really needs it.A lot of people joined as young spyro fans,and now want to change their username badly.PLease,Plz with a cherry on top?
---
My collection! http://imgur.com/gallery/G7lsX
sniper52 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1306
#107 Posted: 14:25:00 11/07/2013
I know you can make new accounts, but I dont like being a red sparx if I am really a green sparx. Maybe we should make this 24 hour only so not everyone will have changed names. I hope dark will consider this.
---
HAISHFTAYADGHpenisHDGNADGITUGDUAHD
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#108 Posted: 20:49:55 11/07/2013
People changing their usernames would just make it complicated for people who knew them with that particular username they've had, surely common sense would tell you that.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
#109 Posted: 20:58:23 11/07/2013
Quote: SuperSpyroFan
People changing their usernames would just make it complicated for people who knew them with that particular username they've had, surely common sense would tell you that.

Read the whole topic, mister! ^.^
#110 Posted: 21:00:30 11/07/2013
Quote: wspyro

Pay a visit to a taxidermist. Mister
---
#111 Posted: 21:11:21 11/07/2013
Quote: wspyro

Pay a visit to a taxidermist. Mister

Ok, Mister!
Spyro Fanatic Hunter Gems: 12141
#112 Posted: 17:08:55 29/07/2013
Considering the older users have had to use their usernames for a lengthy period of time. Maybe users over a certain age are given the option to change their username?

I would love to change mine. smilie
X-Treme Ripto Gems: 360
#113 Posted: 02:15:03 30/07/2013
I would like to change mine, as well. "X-Treme" is a little unoriginal and boring.

MAKE IT HAPPEN, DARK.
Spyro Fanatic Hunter Gems: 12141
#114 Posted: 06:10:55 30/07/2013
Quote: Crookshanks
Quote: Spyro Fanatic
Considering the older users have had to use their usernames for a lengthy period of time. Maybe users over a certain age are given the option to change their username?

No, it's unfair anyway.

How so? Shouldn't loyal users be "rewarded"?
Zithdaitoh Diamond Sparx Gems: 9441
#115 Posted: 06:21:56 30/07/2013
Quote: Crookshanks

No, it's unfair anyway.

How so? Shouldn't loyal users be "rewarded"?

I could see this causing newer users to complain about it being unfair that only the loyal users get this kind of thing. If you ask me, if Dark implemented this at all, it should be available for all users equally, not just the ones who have been here for a while.

At any rate, for myself, I feel no desire to change my name. What I have now is quite unique.
---
OBSERVE MY WRATH: OOPS. *tree blasts off*
"You think you have authority over me? How foolish."
*looks at Platinum Sparx status* I feel old.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 06:24:32 30/07/2013 by Zithdaitoh
#116 Posted: 10:05:56 30/07/2013
I still think it's a bad idea, if you wanted to change your username, you should've thought about it before you went along with it.
---
#117 Posted: 19:37:01 30/07/2013
Quote: Spyrobaro
I still think it's a bad idea, if you wanted to change your username, you should've thought about it before you went along with it.

Some people were like, 9 when they made their accounts. It's obvious that they'd want to use something different than what their 9 year old self chose (and didn't think through).

coughoritcouldbelikehirwhodidn'tactuallymakehisownaccountcough

Yes, but don't you understand that it could be confusing for other users, who would randomly decide to abuse it, and just frequently change it all the time, it could make it harder for dark52 to gnorc them as well, as they could change their username to give them cover, but then again their ID still stays the same, I still believe it's a bad idea. And what if you wanted to block someone and you had to use their specific username each time to block them, and they could probably just change their username to annoy you again. Also, I was one of the people who wasn't nine when I signed up, I wasn't allowed near a computer at that age, no matter what the website was. But I guess times are changing, for better or for worse? I don't know.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:39:47 30/07/2013 by SuperSpyroFan
LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#118 Posted: 22:52:39 30/07/2013
Quote: Zithdaitoh
At any rate, for myself, I feel no desire to change my name. What I have now is quite unique.

I agree. Even if a username change was implanted, I still wouldn't pay any attention to it.

It'd be nice for the ones who obviously desperately want to change their names for whatever reason I guess.
---
but i love it all smooth
#119 Posted: 09:10:35 31/07/2013
Perhaps users can change their usernames but they'd have to ask dark52 for permission, and they'd have to need a good reason, and dark52 would only accept a change once per year from that user?

And I suppose if a user wants to be remembered, they'd have to put their old username on their signature, or at least on their guestbook right? Because most people remember from the usernames, as that is all we can associate to. That's like me changing my username to something completely irrelevant like CarManiac99, and I doubt if users would recognise me unless I stated that I was SuperSpyroFan.

Also, when I was banned before, and I came back with this account, some users didn't believe that I was the same person, lol. My old account name had my actual first name on there.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:13:47 31/07/2013 by SuperSpyroFan
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#120 Posted: 21:18:43 31/07/2013
Can I change my username, dark? Seriously, it's stupid and it's been almost 7 years. <.>
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#121 Posted: 21:54:28 31/07/2013
Dark, y u no post here?
---
#122 Posted: 02:41:08 01/08/2013
Me too Dark. Plz change mine to TrojanPon3 and if I complain in the future (which I won't~) you can do whatever you want to me!~~
#123 Posted: 02:57:20 01/08/2013
I want to change mine so much words cannot describe.
Hot Dog 542 Gold Sparx Gems: 2872
#124 Posted: 04:05:20 01/08/2013
If I COULD change mine, I'd either keep this current one or HD542.
---
Quote: Bimle
Why is it that so many people have hardons for dogs?
#125 Posted: 05:44:34 01/08/2013
Can I change my username, dark? Seriously, it's stupid and it's been almost 7 years. <.>

Yeah, it is really pointless isn't it? Seems more of a gimmick than anything else. And anyway, I suppose the alternative is that you ask to be ripto'd, come back again in a couple of weeks, and there you go, different username, but you won't have all your precious, precious gems, MUWHAHAHAHAHHA!

I think that you should've thought about it through before choosing the username, it's too bad that you can't change it, get over it. smilie
---
Iceclaw Hunter Gems: 10006
#126 Posted: 05:54:51 01/08/2013

Yeah, it is really pointless isn't it? Seems more of a gimmick than anything else. And anyway, I suppose the alternative is that you ask to be ripto'd, come back again in a couple of weeks, and there you go, different username, but you won't have all your precious, precious gems, MUWHAHAHAHAHHA!

I think that you should've thought about it through before choosing the username, it's too bad that you can't change it, get over it. XD

That's a bit hard for him to go through with that..since you know..he's a mod

And didn't he say that account was originally a friend's and was given to him? :u
---
Twinkies and 2hus
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:57:47 01/08/2013 by Iceclaw
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#127 Posted: 06:20:12 01/08/2013
This is a struggle, but I wish there was a way to change names. Or at least have user titles.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
#128 Posted: 06:36:44 01/08/2013
Quote: Iceclaw

I think that you should've thought about it through before choosing the username, it's too bad that you can't change it, get over it. smilie

That's a bit hard for him to go through with that..since you know..he's a mod

And didn't he say that account was originally a friend's and was given to him? :u

Well, DUH, I already know that, I was just suggesting that's what an ordinary user can do, not necessarily himself.

Who?
---
zookinator Platinum Sparx Gems: 5694
#129 Posted: 12:51:10 01/08/2013
Does Dark even have the ability to change usernames? I know he is the moderator, but you can only do oh so much.
---
Skylanders Colosseum Clash
A Fanmade Skylanders Boardgame
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#130 Posted: 17:46:11 01/08/2013
Quote: zookinator
Does Dark even have the ability to change usernames? I know he is the moderator, but you can only do oh so much.

He is the admin of DarkSpyro. though he does moderate the mod's actions. I'm not sure if he has the power. He probably does but, he would have to take a lot of coding and what not.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
azz01 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#131 Posted: 19:25:11 01/08/2013
I think he should do a yearly thing where like the mod applications we change our name if we want to and we have a week or so to do so.
---
Call me the penguin man for that is who I am. Also stan LOOΠΔ!
#132 Posted: 20:11:09 01/08/2013
I think we should be able to change it once. Just once. No exceptions.
#133 Posted: 22:48:35 01/08/2013
Yes, i just wanna change it smilie
---
arceustheprime Ripto Gems: 5362
#134 Posted: 00:06:35 02/08/2013

could you stop acting like a dick to others because they have a different opinion to you?
Bravo101 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1482
#135 Posted: 00:18:51 02/08/2013
Quote: arceustheprime

could you stop acting like a dick to others because they have a different opinion to you?

you go girl!
#136 Posted: 08:05:08 02/08/2013

Excuse me, but I'm not acting like a dick, I'm just expressing my own opinion on the matter, so you're the one who's accusing me for acting like a dick for having a different point of view, wow, that makes a lot of sense doesn't it? I find that most users on this site actually do have a different opinion to me, and that's fine, but I'm a dick for having a different opinion to them, so that makes me a bad guy does it? That's real smart of you.

It's true though, so what if you can't change your username? If dark enables you to do so then fair enough, most people on my other topic have disagreed with me, some have given me valid reasons, and that I can respect, but when some people just say "I disagree, he disagreed, and she disagrees, and that's it" that seems like a dick to me. Or "If you don't like them, ignore them" like I'm not allowed to discuss about it in the first place, seems a bit of a big headed reply to me.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 08:27:00 02/08/2013 by SuperSpyroFan
arceustheprime Ripto Gems: 5362
#137 Posted: 10:32:28 02/08/2013

Excuse me, but I'm not acting like a dick, I'm just expressing my own opinion on the matter, so you're the one who's accusing me for acting like a dick for having a different point of view, wow, that makes a lot of sense doesn't it? I find that most users on this site actually do have a different opinion to me, and that's fine, but I'm a dick for having a different opinion to them, so that makes me a bad guy does it? That's real smart of you.

It's true though, so what if you can't change your username? If dark enables you to do so then fair enough, most people on my other topic have disagreed with me, some have given me valid reasons, and that I can respect, but when some people just say "I disagree, he disagreed, and she disagrees, and that's it" that seems like a dick to me. Or "If you don't like them, ignore them" like I'm not allowed to discuss about it in the first place, seems a bit of a big headed reply to me.

i think you missed the point of my post completely
paddyfitz Gold Sparx Gems: 2242
#138 Posted: 12:56:28 02/08/2013

*facepalm*

His friend made the account, not him, so he didn't choose the username.
---
Black lives matter, love is love, trans men are men and trans women are women!!!
#139 Posted: 23:03:08 11/08/2013
I think it should be a yearly event and for two days each year. But there must be a way for them to be recognized. Like maybe a signature system that automatically stamps the **Formerly ______** in your signature.
---
#140 Posted: 02:10:54 12/08/2013
Quote: HotDogAndZap
I think we should be able to change it once. Just once. No exceptions.

- - -
DummyZ Gold Sparx Gems: 2844
#141 Posted: 09:13:32 12/08/2013
I'm suprised Dark still hasn't said anything in this topic about the situation.
#142 Posted: 11:52:02 12/08/2013
Quote: DummyZ
I'm suprised Dark still hasn't said anything in this topic about the situation.

He probably doesnt want to post on something he strongly disagrees with.
---
First | Previous | Page 3 of 4 | Last
1 2 3 4

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me