darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Giants > Best Chapter for leveling up and getting a lot of money?
Page 1 of 1
Best Chapter for leveling up and getting a lot of money? [CLOSED]
spyrocrash Platinum Sparx Gems: 5012
#1 Posted: 21:18:20 16/04/2013 | Topic Creator
I know in Spyro's Adventure the best chapter for getting a lot of money and leveling up was the Lair of Kaos, but what chapter gives out more XP and money in Giants?
Ninpire Gold Sparx Gems: 2951
#2 Posted: 21:30:42 16/04/2013
i think the lost city of arkus
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#3 Posted: 21:37:52 16/04/2013
Bringing Order to Kaos!.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
Ninpire Gold Sparx Gems: 2951
#4 Posted: 21:55:11 16/04/2013
my mistake....
Crescent Wing Blue Sparx Gems: 949
#5 Posted: 23:04:51 16/04/2013
Autogyro Adventure is pretty good for Money, if you can collect all the x2 coins, you can get easily 1200+ gold during the flying. Then that level and bringing order to Kaos is also good for Leveling.
---
Known as HeavenlyHeroGamer on Youtube.
spyrocrash Platinum Sparx Gems: 5012
#6 Posted: 23:16:13 16/04/2013 | Topic Creator
Got it, the last three chapters. smilie
Doomslicer Gold Sparx Gems: 2037
#7 Posted: 00:10:53 17/04/2013
Molekin Mountain, as there is one area accessible only by a Giant jumping into it, which gives as much as a treasure chest. Also, with the Hidden Treasure, it frequently will be placed extremely close to the beginning, so you just keep resetting the level over and over again, and you can get a thousand in a few minutes.
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
TerraFizz Yellow Sparx Gems: 1484
#8 Posted: 00:41:13 17/04/2013
I think Bringing Order to Kaos! is pretty much the go-to level for both.
---
smilie Pop Fizz's Theme Song: smilie
http://youtu.be/zpE08s1g7m4
Conquertron Red Sparx Gems: 99
#9 Posted: 00:48:09 17/04/2013
I use Kaos Castle to do both, plenty of money and enemies at the same time, using the luck o tron wheel with experience or wealth wheels, I easily get 1500 to 3k thru the first half
---
Initiating...getting angry....sequence
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6081
#10 Posted: 00:55:17 17/04/2013
IDK about leveling up, but for gold, Darklight Crypt.

I don't know if it was a glitch in only the Wii version of the first game, but after you get the Dragon Treasure, if you switch from the ghost world to the real world (or vice versa) the dragon treasure will respawn giving you essentially infinite gold. To make it even better I believe there is even a switch to change worlds not far from where the Dragon Treasure appears.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#11 Posted: 01:14:08 17/04/2013
Quote: Matteomax
Bringing Order to Kaos!.

I've seen the first 10 minutes of that chapter at least 1,000 times as my son is leveling up his skylanders.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
#12 Posted: 03:22:28 17/04/2013
Quote: Seiki
IDK about leveling up, but for gold, Darklight Crypt.

I don't know if it was a glitch in only the Wii version of the first game, but after you get the Dragon Treasure, if you switch from the ghost world to the real world (or vice versa) the dragon treasure will respawn giving you essentially infinite gold. To make it even better I believe there is even a switch to change worlds not far from where the Dragon Treasure appears.

Heck, in the hub in the first game, the treasure respawns when talking to certain NPCs! That's even better!
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
niceguy1 Blue Sparx Gems: 532
#13 Posted: 03:33:56 17/04/2013
I've done Chapter 15: City Of Arkus about a million times for these reasons. LOL! Usually for one or the other, so before I go I load the Luck-O-Tron with the appropriate wheels.

For money, I just go to every nook and cranny, there are many places with piles of money lying around.

For XP, in addition to fighting everybody, there's a couple of places with those Spell Punks who generate and grow those little green monsters. I let the spell punk live, stand far away to give the green monsters a chance to spawn and grow, then kill the big green monster for a bunch of XP. Pretty steady supply of experience there, I keep that up until I get bored. The final fight also has some pretty big XP enemies, and the second round waits until everybody is dead - including another spell punk you can mess with - before coming in. Once that fight is over and the gate drops to the light beam area, there's no more fights so I restart the level. Under these conditions I usually get from Just-Got-To Level 13 to maxing out to Level 15. About 65-75% of the way from Level 14 to Level 15 is just the last fight.

I like it over the other two - which also work - because it doesn't have all the flying and decisions of Chapter 14: Autogyro Adventure, and doesn't have the big boss fight to (possibly) deal with of Chapter 16: Bringing Order To Kaos. The boss fight is a lot of XP, but there's the pain of running from Robo-Kaos, and I find the magic towers annoying, as well as the story interruptions.
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
Hot Dog 542 Gold Sparx Gems: 2872
#14 Posted: 04:04:56 17/04/2013
Quote: Doomslicer
Molekin Mountain, as there is one area accessible only by a Giant jumping into it, which gives as much as a treasure chest. Also, with the Hidden Treasure, it frequently will be placed extremely close to the beginning, so you just keep resetting the level over and over again, and you can get a thousand in a few minutes.

^This.
---
Quote: Bimle
Why is it that so many people have hardons for dogs?
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#15 Posted: 06:05:32 17/04/2013
I do Chapter 15.
---
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3988
#16 Posted: 06:49:24 17/04/2013
Last level. Restart the chapter before triggering the cutscene with Kaos before the fight.

But the fastest trick to get tons of gold quickly is to do that :

Don't know if it is possible on other consoles than Xbox 360 though.
---
bye
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:55:05 17/04/2013 by newkill
gillgrunt987 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7399
#17 Posted: 15:51:32 17/04/2013
Quote: newkill
Last level. Restart the chapter before triggering the cutscene with Kaos before the fight.

But the fastest trick to get tons of gold quickly is to do that :

Don't know if it is possible on other consoles than Xbox 360 though.

Nope. Only possible on Xbox360. Unless someone found a infinite money glitch on other consoles, which would help, then it's Xbox 360 only.
---
I can survive scalding hot coffee and being whipped for 24 hours a day. Digestive biscuits or riot.
siowm6 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1482
#18 Posted: 17:05:06 17/04/2013
The same "glitch" is possible on all the systems. I know it works on PS3 and Wii U as well. It is even easier if you DO get the Winged Sapphire after level 15 but before going to level 16. Then after you beat 16, you can go up, and collect all the cash. Just don't leave the room. Reset the game by pushing the home button on Wii/Wii U and close software. or push the PS button on Ps3 and quit game. Then go back into the game and repeat. You can back up your save on Ps3 just the same as the x360, not sure bout the Wii U as I never tried it.
gillgrunt987 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7399
#19 Posted: 19:44:00 17/04/2013
Quote: siowm6
The same "glitch" is possible on all the systems. I know it works on PS3 and Wii U as well. It is even easier if you DO get the Winged Sapphire after level 15 but before going to level 16. Then after you beat 16, you can go up, and collect all the cash. Just don't leave the room. Reset the game by pushing the home button on Wii/Wii U and close software. or push the PS button on Ps3 and quit game. Then go back into the game and repeat. You can back up your save on Ps3 just the same as the x360, not sure bout the Wii U as I never tried it.

I need evidence of the Wii version of it. I believe the Ps3 one but I just need to see the proof.
---
I can survive scalding hot coffee and being whipped for 24 hours a day. Digestive biscuits or riot.
siowm6 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1482
#20 Posted: 20:08:23 17/04/2013
And I need evidence that it doesn't work as you stated earlier. Stalemate.

If only a simple Youtube search could solve this issue....

Ohh wait.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEln2lMvkms
Nelomet Emerald Sparx Gems: 3069
#21 Posted: 21:29:27 17/04/2013
Hmm... exp tends to differ based on level for me. I like to dig out a level with large, expansive specific elemental zones (Magic in Chapter 15 for instance, but there's some brilliant water areas too). The only element I'm really stumped on is Earth, where the only worthwhile zone is in Chapter 8 about halfway through.

Money, why, that would be the respawning vault on the ship of course!
---
Fear not the dark, my friend, and let the feast begin.
GhostRoaster24 Blue Sparx Gems: 942
#22 Posted: 23:15:56 17/04/2013
Personally, what I do is run through Chapter 16: Bringing Order to Kaos because
1. Every pot type thing which you can destroy almost always has a gem worth 40-50 gold! You can quickly earn a ton of money just by doing that, and
2. During the Boss Fight, as long as you don't kill Robo-Kaos, he will spawn infinite Arkeyan Minions! That can give you so much XP it is just awesome!
---
Tumblr: hunter-alex
Tel Prydain Blue Sparx Gems: 903
#23 Posted: 22:51:05 18/04/2013
If it's a brand new character I like to just play a new game - it's fun to play the game with a new set of skills.
If it's a Series 2 character I grab money off the ship to get started and then blat that last level a time or two.
---
My collection: 98/99
Photos: http://s1298.photobucket.com/u...rary/Skylanders
Looking for: smilie
CommanderGame Emerald Sparx Gems: 3610
#24 Posted: 01:02:31 19/04/2013
If you want something different do the Icy Blast arena, it gives some decent XP and 1100 Gold per run.

Last Chapter is good.

Ship money glitch is great.
#25 Posted: 01:34:37 19/04/2013
Arena Challenges give some good XP. Some Skylanders are good at mass destruction, they can rake in the XP.
---
Conquertron Red Sparx Gems: 99
#26 Posted: 07:32:09 19/04/2013
I just went thru the entire game again all 16 chapters, I stand corrected. I agree with what most have stated above, Chapter 16 to do both at the same time, using the luck o tron wheels of wealth, and or experience.

Also I can verify the Money Trick does work on the Wii U pressing the home button without leaving the room, returning to the home screen quitting the game without saving and restarting the game. It does not need a backing up of save data or what not to do this on the Wii U. Very easy to do.
---
Initiating...getting angry....sequence
niceguy1 Blue Sparx Gems: 532
#27 Posted: 10:14:00 19/04/2013
The backing up is in case you accidentally grab the Winged Sapphire. It's not NEEDED, it's just a safeguard against losing the money glitch.
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
CommanderGame Emerald Sparx Gems: 3610
#28 Posted: 11:42:19 19/04/2013
I went through Nightmare mode in 4 Hours ish to be able to do the glitch.

I can confirm that you can get the winged sapphire as early as the end of Chapter 14, not 15.

Then after beating Kaos BLAM!Do your stuff smilie
AzKazooie Green Sparx Gems: 243
#29 Posted: 03:49:13 26/04/2013
I have PS3 and I can comfirm it works. Also if you have the luck o wheels on money you do get more.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me