darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure > How skylands fits in with the spyro story
Page 1 of 1
How skylands fits in with the spyro story [CLOSED]
Fly Spyro Fly Green Sparx Gems: 446
#1 Posted: 19:31:28 14/04/2013 | Topic Creator
ok, so i've been thinking... alot of people think that skylanders is a game of its own, no connection to the legend series. what it after spyro and cynder saved the world in dotd, and the world was pieced together, do you think the "new era" that the chronicler talked baout was skylands? i could see that happening... and for his face, well maybe it got messed up it the big explosion smilie do you think this is possible?
nitendofan92 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4572
#2 Posted: 19:35:00 14/04/2013
skyro look more like their retarded child
---
THE END IS NEAR
CommanderGame Emerald Sparx Gems: 3610
#3 Posted: 19:55:14 14/04/2013
Skylanders Is not a Spyro game.
Fly Spyro Fly Green Sparx Gems: 446
#4 Posted: 20:00:03 14/04/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: CommanderGame

lol, i understand, just trying to understand
niceguy1 Blue Sparx Gems: 532
#5 Posted: 00:51:12 15/04/2013
REALLY sure that Skylanders is indeed a Spyro game. At the very least it's a spin-off of the Spyro games, hence the first one being "Spyro's Adventure", and Spyro being one of the playable characters (and as a figure coming with the first game). I mean, when and what was the last Spyro game before Skylanders? If there was a current or fairly current game, which came out close to when SSA did or since, then maybe you could argue this, but otherwise...

Yes, Skylanders is a Spyro game, they're just moving away from Spyro for his own series, LOL! Poor guy.
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
LloydDXZX Yellow Sparx Gems: 1637
#6 Posted: 10:14:29 15/04/2013
lol its true spyro is really a skylander
---
Imaginators is making it revive.
#7 Posted: 11:13:07 16/04/2013
I love your picture SPARXisAWESOME!
---
GigaCamo Emerald Sparx Gems: 4288
#8 Posted: 12:02:27 18/04/2013
Quit ABUSING this UNDERRATED game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I dont mid about Spyro but Cynder, Thats who looks bad!
Hazard335 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1435
#9 Posted: 00:33:49 21/04/2013
Quote: niceguy1
REALLY sure that Skylanders is indeed a Spyro game. At the very least it's a spin-off of the Spyro games, hence the first one being "Spyro's Adventure", and Spyro being one of the playable characters (and as a figure coming with the first game). I mean, when and what was the last Spyro game before Skylanders? If there was a current or fairly current game, which came out close to when SSA did or since, then maybe you could argue this, but otherwise...

Yes, Skylanders is a Spyro game, they're just moving away from Spyro for his own series, LOL! Poor guy.

^this 100%
I haven't played other Spyro games since I was a kid, but from what I remember, there were allot of sheep in them. and you collected coins in the same way. and overall the gameplay was the same, like going to different chapters and beating the bad guys and the boss villains. and of course Sparks and Moneybags are still around. and I know there were a bunch more similarities, but i just cant think of them now.
dos anyone else feel this way?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:17:21 21/04/2013 by Hazard335
#10 Posted: 04:59:30 21/04/2013
I think that the sellers that give you a lot of money in the end of the game was in the old spyro game... I have to check this!
---
DraculauraXXX Blue Sparx Gems: 654
#11 Posted: 05:06:21 21/04/2013
Quote: LloydDXZX
I think that the sellers that give you a lot of money in the end of the game was in the old spyro game... I have to check this!

he was, he was know as MoneyBags
Doomslicer Gold Sparx Gems: 2037
#12 Posted: 02:38:50 23/04/2013
I suppose maybe some sort of whacked-out timeline jumping happened.
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#13 Posted: 16:13:14 07/05/2013
Quote: niceguy1

In other news, MOTHER fans are shocked as they realize that Ness is the mascot of Super Smash Bros.
#14 Posted: 19:16:51 08/05/2013
??? Its a skylanders forum and a guy that plays minecraft talk about Super smash bros??? Talk about skylanders PLZ!!!
---
#15 Posted: 20:03:22 08/05/2013
Um... I'm a girl, and... I really don't see how Spyro has more significance in Skylanders than the Ice Climbers in Brawl. IT'S A COMPARISON! smilie
niceguy1 Blue Sparx Gems: 532
#16 Posted: 09:30:03 09/05/2013
My, that pic you linked about your OWN joke is so appropriate! LOL! I had no idea what you were going on about. I still don't. smilie Guess that's because I haven't played Super Smash Bros and don't know anything about it, other than hearing the name before.

Spyro is significant in that the game is spun-off from the Spyro series, and linked to it. That's it. Otherwise I agree, Spyro is no more significant than any other character (other than he comes with the SSA Starter Pack, that is, and in the first cutscene is mentioned by name, all besides the first three are just called "Skylander")
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
#17 Posted: 10:05:53 09/05/2013
Well, it isn't really spun off from Spyro's stories- it just happens to have a lot of intended throwbacks, it has characters roughly based upon a few old ones, but otherwise doesn't even have a directly filled connection to the past iterations. At best, it chucks in the broken islands form Dawn, but it really isn't a part of Spyro one bit- Spyro is a part of it, and it's its own series only intended to bring him back a bit. I think that's something I just highly disagree with everyone on.

Either way, I'm glad that he ended up as a Skylander, as I would much rather see him than Crash (the alternate pitch) fall down that route. LOL
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me