darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Giants > Ninjini release date? Also is it true Tree Rex is required for giants?
Page 1 of 1
Ninjini release date? Also is it true Tree Rex is required for giants? [CLOSED]
peteed1985 Red Sparx Gems: 67
#1 Posted: 22:02:28 12/04/2013 | Topic Creator
Hi i'm Aussie and apparently despite Activision having Ninjini on their site they fail to mention that its not out here yet and it took talking to about 10 stores to find one that found out that they come out in waves and Ninjini is wave 5 and wave 4 only just came out. Anyone know how far off before it will likely release? Its the best looking giant by far xD

Amazon won't ship to here as well as the price is like $50 which is like double the Aussie price for a giants figure.

I've been told that the giants game if I buy it 2nd hand will be a useless unplayable DVD without Tree Rex because you need to put him on the portal within a few minutes of the start to continue on and no othet giants figure will work, has to be Tree Rex. Can't find any confirmation of that online but.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:03:31 12/04/2013 by peteed1985
jet-vac6000 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1718
#2 Posted: 22:03:39 12/04/2013
Nah it should work fine without a tree rex
---
Eggs
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#3 Posted: 22:19:37 12/04/2013
You need a Giant to get past the first level. Doesn't matter which.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
#4 Posted: 22:34:35 12/04/2013 | Topic Creator
As usual EB Games being useless and saying stuff totally untrue haha. They said it had to be him and thats why he was the only one in every starter pack and portal owners pack.

Unsure if to get giants ASAP or wait until Ninjini is out, however long that takes. Going out today to a closing down sale of a store so may be able to get portal owners pack for half price.

Do lightcore figures light up on SSA portal of power? Do they Work at all? No idea if the giants and SSA portals are exactly the same or not.
#5 Posted: 22:48:24 12/04/2013
They work, but the Light Bomb doesn't appear in S:SA.
---
Nroc-Nuika Platinum Sparx Gems: 5329
#6 Posted: 23:08:57 12/04/2013
Actually, you don't need a Giant to play through the game. You'll need one to unlock everything, but even the first level is beatable using regular Skylanders (just attack the chains and they'll break.)
---
I always forget to check my guestbook
Infinitus Gold Sparx Gems: 2207
#7 Posted: 23:09:04 12/04/2013
You don't really need a giant for Level 1, a normal Skylander still can play on, you just need to drop through the hole that Gigantus made when he jumped off from above.
---
Shadow Dragon Avatar Made By Me!
My New Art Thread!
JCat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1540
#8 Posted: 05:33:13 13/04/2013
Quote: Nroc-Nuika
Actually, you don't need a Giant to play through the game. You'll need one to unlock everything, but even the first level is beatable using regular Skylanders (just attack the chains and they'll break.)

Quote: Infinitus
You don't really need a giant for Level 1, a normal Skylander still can play on, you just need to drop through the hole that Gigantus made when he jumped off from above.

I concur... in fact As I played through it a few times I began to think why people say you needed a Giant for the level. In fact I didn't even notice that the Giants could pick up the chain thing for some time, smilie
---
Main Team: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
~N~
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#9 Posted: 07:03:10 13/04/2013

You need a giant in chapter 4 to pull that ship with the cannon on it.
---
Terreneflame Blue Sparx Gems: 943
#10 Posted: 07:31:07 13/04/2013
Quote: wreckingballbob

You need a giant in chapter 4 to pull that ship with the cannon on it.

Nope you can win a game of skystones in the house next door and a pirate will pull it for you.

Tree wrex is fun, and you will almost certainly be able to pick one up on ebay for very little should you want him,but no giant in needed.

As for portals, i'm still using my SSA one in giants, i like it more- everything works perfectly. Also remember any new version of a 'lander from ssa will work in your old game, but they will appear like the original (so you can get a series 2 legendary stealth elf, put it into ssa and it'll look like a normal)

Hope that helps
Doomslicer Gold Sparx Gems: 2037
#11 Posted: 08:23:46 13/04/2013
I use my SSA portal as well, and any giant will work. L-Bouncer and Tree Rex are my go-to ones though (but if I can get a Scarlet, that'll probably change).
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
Tel Prydain Blue Sparx Gems: 903
#12 Posted: 08:51:12 13/04/2013
How do you even get Giants without T-Rex?
---
My collection: 98/99
Photos: http://s1298.photobucket.com/u...rary/Skylanders
Looking for: smilie
NAYHA Green Sparx Gems: 475
#13 Posted: 09:06:55 13/04/2013
Quote: Tel Prydain

ebay =)
---
"All About Skylanders" Facebook Group- https://www.facebook.com/groups/all.about.skylanders/
#14 Posted: 14:17:49 13/04/2013

eBay. It's actually illegal to sell just the game.
---
niceguy1 Blue Sparx Gems: 532
#15 Posted: 00:28:56 14/04/2013
Meanwhile I have an extra Tree Rex I'm trying to decide what to do with, LMAO!

(Bought a 3DS Starter just to get Punch Pop Fizz and GITD Cynder, and to a lesser extent the portal, to daisy chain with my portal)

I'm so glad I'm not the only one to point out that you don't need a Giant, not even for the first level. smilie I've been paying attention, ALL levels in both games are designed that you never NEED anybody in particular. No element is "needed", and in Giants a Giant is never "needed". All areas unlocked by an element or a Giant are optional, you can complete the levels without them. The closest is that cannon ship in the pirate carnival level, which as someone pointed out you can play Skystones in the nearby house. Actually I prefer pulling it with a Giant, but feel forced to play Skystones in order to win a Skystone from him. Maybe multiple. smilie
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:59:03 14/04/2013 by niceguy1
Tel Prydain Blue Sparx Gems: 903
#16 Posted: 00:40:20 14/04/2013
I mean, I guess someone might sell the game and gaint differently, but as everyone has the giant, who exactly is going to by lone tree-rex?

Actually, well I was thinking about it just now - I can see people buying the Gnarly Tree-rex bundle and then selling the game.
Nevermind, I'm all caught-up now.
smilie
---
My collection: 98/99
Photos: http://s1298.photobucket.com/u...rary/Skylanders
Looking for: smilie
#17 Posted: 14:11:09 15/04/2013 | Topic Creator
Dammit!!! Ninjini release date is May according to EB games but preorders are already sold out smilie

Ended up getting the starter pack as well as Swarm and a 3 pack with Zook and Chilli and ignitor in S2's. Starter pack worked out cheaper since giants were half price if you bought a starter pack at the same time.
Nelomet Emerald Sparx Gems: 3069
#18 Posted: 21:39:18 15/04/2013
Quote: peteed1985
Dammit!!! Ninjini release date is May according to EB games but preorders are already sold out smilie

Ended up getting the starter pack as well as Swarm and a 3 pack with Zook and Chilli and ignitor in S2's. Starter pack worked out cheaper since giants were half price if you bought a starter pack at the same time.

May?! Guess I'll be shy of a full set for a little longer, maybe I should just suck it up and order her on Ebay...
---
Fear not the dark, my friend, and let the feast begin.
siowm6 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1482
#19 Posted: 23:54:27 15/04/2013
Quote: Matteomax

How is it in anyway illegal to sell just the game? Am I just missing what you meant here or what?
spyrocrash Platinum Sparx Gems: 5012
#20 Posted: 00:24:43 16/04/2013
Quote: siowm6

How is it in anyway illegal to sell just the game? Am I just missing what you meant here or what?

The game case says that the game it's self should not be resold.
#21 Posted: 08:36:56 16/04/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: spyrocrash

Haha tell that to EB Games who has alot of copies for sale 2nd hand smilie
LloydDXZX Yellow Sparx Gems: 1637
#22 Posted: 11:20:01 16/04/2013
You need a giant for the first lvl but not treerex!
---
Imaginators is making it revive.
HomerSimpson Green Sparx Gems: 169
#23 Posted: 11:22:52 16/04/2013
You need a Giant to get past the first level. Doesn't matter which.

no you dont you just dont get 100% in the first lvl
---
Woohoo!
ToxicFate Yellow Sparx Gems: 1137
#24 Posted: 22:13:48 16/04/2013

Illegal? Not be resold? You all have no idea what "not for resale" means. It means that the game is to be sold as a package in the store. They can not remove the game and sell it separately. If you want to sell the game yourself there is nothing illegal about it. That just pertains to the retailer who is selling the game.
#25 Posted: 22:54:28 16/04/2013
Quote: ToxicFate

Illegal? Not be resold? You all have no idea what "not for resale" means. It means that the game is to be sold as a package in the store. They can not remove the game and sell it separately. If you want to sell the game yourself there is nothing illegal about it. That just pertains to the retailer who is selling the game.

Thanks for clarifying.
---
#26 Posted: 00:17:05 17/04/2013
Sometimes people really need to admit when they don't know something instead of just saying it like it is fact. Toxic has it dead on here. But assuming makes an ... Anyway, no need to say Illlegal or that a Giant is needed when neither are true.

NO GIANT IS NEEDED AT ANY POINT IN THIS GAME JUST TO BEAT IT. ONLY NEED A GIANT FOR 100% COMPLETION.

Like Activision is going to come after you for selling your game without the portal.
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#27 Posted: 01:20:41 17/04/2013
Sometimes people really need to admit when they don't know something instead of just saying it like it is fact. Toxic has it dead on here. But assuming makes an ... Anyway, no need to say Illlegal or that a Giant is needed when neither are true.

NO GIANT IS NEEDED AT ANY POINT IN THIS GAME JUST TO BEAT IT. ONLY NEED A GIANT FOR 100% COMPLETION.

Like Activision is going to come after you for selling your game without the portal.

The Evil Activision Empire has extensive reach...being a Dark Lord of the Sith I know these things.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
#28 Posted: 02:00:53 17/04/2013
You could be right, Or it could be the false dissemination of information that encourages others to believe in such things. I have hypothesis but no solid conclusion about it as of yet...

P.S. Sir dark lord, you should get a C-pap. That breathing issue is not healthy.
#29 Posted: 03:21:33 17/04/2013
Quote: GhostRoaster

The Evil Activision Empire has extensive reach...being a Dark Lord of the Sith I know these things.

The Evil Activision Empire? I'll presume it's run by the Beings of Avarice. I ain't no Sith, but I do know some stuff after hacking their databases (not going to go into what goes on in the Emperor's diary).
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
Nelomet Emerald Sparx Gems: 3069
#30 Posted: 05:57:24 18/04/2013
Welp, I've relented and just ordered Ninjini on Ebay. At best it means I'll have it before it touches shores in NZ proper. At worst, well, if she comes out tomorow, my haste has made things easier for other impatient PAL regioners.
---
Fear not the dark, my friend, and let the feast begin.
Hot Dog 542 Gold Sparx Gems: 2872
#31 Posted: 06:10:02 18/04/2013
^ I just ordered quite recently all Legendaries and Jade Flashwing! (Off of eBay, of corse.)
---
Quote: Bimle
Why is it that so many people have hardons for dogs?
#32 Posted: 06:48:50 18/04/2013
I was going to order Jadewing, but decided to save it for a 3DS (as in my parents don't think I'll make any killings of scalping).
I know, dumb... it's my gift card I can do what i want I guess...
---
solomani Red Sparx Gems: 65
#33 Posted: 01:14:23 21/06/2013
Is there any news on a release date yet in the USA? Amazon prices are a little steep.

Thanks.
#34 Posted: 01:44:07 21/06/2013
What? She's been out since March.
---
niceguy1 Blue Sparx Gems: 532
#35 Posted: 02:06:25 21/06/2013
Yeah, she's been out since March in both the U.S. and Canada, other dates elsewhere, pretty sure she's been worldwide for months.

Instead of reviving a dead thread, perhaps try the search function next time? smilie
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
solomani Red Sparx Gems: 65
#36 Posted: 06:43:03 21/06/2013
Oops sorry. Google brought me here. I blame google. Hmm so she is just constantly out of stock then i guess.
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#37 Posted: 07:52:58 21/06/2013
You don't even need a Giant for the game actually
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me