darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Giants > Advice for giants worth buying - urgent help (C.O.B.)
Page 1 of 1
Advice for giants worth buying - urgent help (C.O.B.) [CLOSED]
SunburnPhoenix Red Sparx Gems: 36
#1 Posted: 05:23:03 27/03/2013 | Topic Creator
Hi guys! hope all is well in your world! smilie

I need your help to make a decision. By close of business 6pm today I need to think hard and through to purchase a Giants on my budget.

I currently only have the Swarm giant, and am a little disappointed.

I was aiming Thumpback since the start but missed it. Stocks here will come at earliest in three weeks.

If you could only buy one Giant, which would it be? please list your top 3 preferences.

They have hot head at this store, which is rare around here (believe me I have tried over 22 stores) and since I love sunburn I am thinking I will love it. Only thing is there is only one left and might sell out if I dont get it today.

So list your top three giants in order of preference (fun to play, power) please!! smilie

EDIT: lol that is only half an hour from now. Its now 5pm in australia!! smilie
---
1 smilie 2 smilie 3 smilie 4 smilie 5 smilie 6 smilie 7 smilie 8 smilie 9 smilie
28skylanders including smilie
would like: smilie smilie goldsmilie smilie smilie glowsmilie and smilie
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 06:34:47 27/03/2013 by SunburnPhoenix
Kiroq Gold Sparx Gems: 2328
#2 Posted: 05:42:42 27/03/2013
I would say
Hot Head
Thumpback
Ninjini
---
smilie Fools! I've had it up to here with your incompetence! Actually no, even higher..up to HERE!
#3 Posted: 06:26:00 27/03/2013 | Topic Creator
thank you for your opinion. nice list.
more opinions please?
---
1 smilie 2 smilie 3 smilie 4 smilie 5 smilie 6 smilie 7 smilie 8 smilie 9 smilie
Doomslicer Gold Sparx Gems: 2037
#4 Posted: 08:16:05 27/03/2013
Scarlet Ninjini. Hottest character (more or less), highest critical hit of any character, but I guess she's a bit hard to get.
Tree Rex, if you can get him.
Crusher. Bad character, but if you use his rockslide path, he becomes a little like a Giant wrecking ball.
Hot Head, everyone says he's great.
Ninjini, not as cool as scarlet, but still a fair character.
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
niceguy1 Blue Sparx Gems: 532
#5 Posted: 08:24:21 27/03/2013
Since you edited your post (presumably to say "Only half an hour left") about 2 and a half hours ago, I think time's up. smilie

If not, or if you let it wait a day...

I liked Bouncer... He's like a big Trigger Happy with his finger guns, and he has rockets which fire from his shoulders which you can target enemies with.

Eye Brawl is pretty cool... His eye detaches temporarily which you can fly around, and it shoots lasers. Otherwise he's a brawler, punching enemies something like Terrafin and Slam Bam.

Gotta say Ninjini. When she lifts boulders and logs, she gestures at them and levitates them, which is cool. She mostly slashes with her swords, and she can hide in her bottle and bounce around. After an upgrade she can shoot rockets from inside her bottle. Also she has magic orbs she can also toss around, basically grenades which explode on impact.
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#6 Posted: 08:26:57 27/03/2013
For starters, is your Swarm on Wasp Stormer? If so, reset him and go Barbarous Avenger. I think you'll be less disappointed.

My top three Giants are:

Swarm
Tree Rex
Eye Brawl

Factoring in overall usefulness (both story and PVP combined) into those choices.
Hot Dog 542 Gold Sparx Gems: 2872
#7 Posted: 18:52:31 27/03/2013
In order:

1 Thumpback
2 Eye-Brawl
3 Hot Head
---
Quote: Bimle
Why is it that so many people have hardons for dogs?
nickryan Green Sparx Gems: 386
#8 Posted: 19:21:48 27/03/2013
ninjini ,
hothead
crusher

if u cant get thumpy or eyebrawl
Tel Prydain Blue Sparx Gems: 903
#9 Posted: 19:54:27 27/03/2013
1# Thumpback - Funny, powerful, great moves
2# Eyebrawl - Chaotic, great crowd control, a bit slow
3# Ninjini - good luck finding it
4# Hot head
5# Bouncer
6# Swarm
7# Crusher
---
My collection: 98/99
Photos: http://s1298.photobucket.com/u...rary/Skylanders
Looking for: smilie
WhirlwindDragon Green Sparx Gems: 407
#10 Posted: 19:56:52 27/03/2013
Ninjini (She is very hard to find at this time)
Thumpback
Hot Head
---
2/2 Stone Variants Zook and Whirlwind and Polar Whirlwind

I need Scarlet Ninjini
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#11 Posted: 00:46:16 28/03/2013
1. Ninjini: Easily the best Giant.

2. Eye-Brawl: Mixed bag of tricks; Melee, ranged, and "minions".

3. Thumpback: Very powerful meleeist, far range.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
#12 Posted: 12:22:39 30/03/2013 | Topic Creator
Thank you so much guys!! It was wonderful to read the varied responses and great explanations/reasons behind you liking them smilie

Thanks a lot especially to you niceguy1!! Thanks smilie

I bought it, yes, two hot heads and to be honest I am not at all disappointed. I actually rank him really high now, almost toppling sunburn lol the Hot Rod mode is just so awesome. smilie

I will be back to tell you all I have to about it but I to do one better i am going to post a video of TWO hot head gaming smilie smilie

I love all the reasons for your personal favs and preferences, currently my giants are:

1)Hot Head
2)Thumpback (yet to get my hands on one yet but have read a lot about the moves and watched game vids)

Kudos to this board and its members! smilie
---
Thumpbackman Red Sparx Gems: 88
#13 Posted: 04:47:35 31/03/2013
1.Thumpback...he is an awesome figure just so massive and powerful
2.Tree rex.....he is wicked,massive with awesome strength
3.Eye brawl.....he is a sweet with the eyeball coming off thhe body and killing everybody

i find ninjini overated,that is just my opinion...she is "okay" but i usually only use these guys,somtimes swarm
---
smilieTHUMPBACK IS AMAZINGsmilie
Favorites... smilie smilie smiliesmilie smilie smilie
Like my avatar? smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie..lovesmilie smilie
Doomslicer Gold Sparx Gems: 2037
#14 Posted: 06:26:10 01/04/2013
L-Bouncer is also good with the laser path. Glad you got someone, I've been wanting to get Hot Head, but think i'll save for scarlet
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#15 Posted: 10:50:14 01/04/2013
Quote: SunburnPhoenix
I bought it, yes, two hot heads and to be honest I am not at all disappointed.

You're on a budget, but bought two of the same giant? Makes perfect sense.
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
Hot Dog 542 Gold Sparx Gems: 2872
#16 Posted: 18:49:52 01/04/2013
Quote: Himewad

No it doesn't. Unless you're going to give one to a friend.
---
Quote: Bimle
Why is it that so many people have hardons for dogs?
Ryanator20x6 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1848
#17 Posted: 19:55:34 01/04/2013
Quote: Hot Dog 542
Quote: Himewad

No it doesn't. Unless you're going to give one to a friend.

Ha ha. April fools.
---
Hello from Seattle

ask.fm/RyanNeely889
#18 Posted: 21:25:40 01/04/2013
I think Swarm is underrated. On nightmare his ability to circle strafe makes him the more viable giant in general gameplay.
---
dinoah2005 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3472
#19 Posted: 22:43:34 01/04/2013
1) Swarm
2) Ninjini
3) Hot Head
#20 Posted: 16:42:58 02/04/2013 | Topic Creator
thanks for the replies guys! the ones that contributed their choices anyway! smilie

and wow, it really seemed hit home with some people that I bought 2, yes, bold typeface that, typing [, then b, then ], 2

because I said I am ON, again, boldtypeface lol, smilie ON a budget not that I was broke.

doesnt mean im not rich/ doing well either, but who wants to spend money willy-nilly? there are more important things, and to that tone, I'm ALWAYS on a budget

good day to you. lol that was a bit of the stick em where it hurts (joking)
---
#21 Posted: 21:25:25 02/04/2013
It's your money... But that's weird, dude. Just real weird.
---
#22 Posted: 05:29:42 03/04/2013 | Topic Creator
not heard of two player mode obviously.

I need two I buy two. End of story.

edit: YOU're wierd. reeaaall wierd. ooooh buying two figures! WIERD!! OMG! Don't buy two things, you might be branded wierd. ITS THE END OF THE WORLD PEOPLE!!! smilie

lol sorry couldn't help it
---
Edited 6 times - Last edited at 05:57:30 03/04/2013 by SunburnPhoenix
niceguy1 Blue Sparx Gems: 532
#23 Posted: 12:13:05 04/04/2013
Well, he has a point... Except for the - probably rare - occasion where you're playing two players and BOTH want to play Hot Head, otherwise having the same character twice is redundant, you'd get much better value out of spending the same money on a different character.

But, your money, your choice on how to spend it. smilie

In the end, I have all 8 Giants - plus Scarlet Ninjini - and I can tell you it's hard to pick some over the others. I didn't even mention Tree Rex - partially since, because he comes with all forms of the game everybody should have him already - but he can kick butt, with his huge ground punches. Hot Head is disappointing from his light up perspective (only his head lights up, when logically you would think his hands would too), but from a gameplay perspective he's cool... His soul gem is a fun thing where he turns into a (slow) motorcycle, one attack shoots oil while the other shoots fire, and the fire can light the oil on fire! And I just found out OTHER fire-capable characters can light the oil too. Hot Dog certainly, I still want to try non-Fire characters with fire, like Spyro.

Thumpback's main attack is a HUGE swing of his anchor, covers a lot of ground, while his other attack is a belly flop slide which is also a dash move, a way to get around faster. And when he gets his third attack, it's a simple chomp, allowing you to get more specific when you have to.

Crusher is also big destruction, smashing his giant hammer around. When he gets it, plus the upgrade to control it (there's two, I wonder what the difference is), the boulder form is fun, it's like a controllable avalanche or something. In constant motion you can minimize damage received, while bulldozing enemies.

So, yeah, hard to choose. smilie
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
Heirumaru2286 Gold Sparx Gems: 2285
#24 Posted: 03:11:43 10/04/2013
Quote: Tashiji
For starters, is your Swarm on Wasp Stormer? If so, reset him and go Barbarous Avenger. I think you'll be less disappointed.

My top three Giants are:

Swarm
Tree Rex
Eye Brawl

Factoring in overall usefulness (both story and PVP combined) into those choices.

I was thinkin' Barberous, too
---
..::TotallyAwezum::..
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me