Page 1 of 1
Repose Predictions [CLOSED]
hodjimon Blue Sparx Gems: 671
#1 Posted: 08:47:19 08/03/2013 | Topic Creator
These are my predictions for the reposes for Skylanders: Swap Force.

Air: smilie smilie
Earth: smilie smilie
Fire: smilie smilie
Life: smilie smilie
Magic: smilie smilie
Tech: smilie smilie
Undead: smilie smilie
Water: smilie smilie

What are your predictions?
---
I love collecting Skylanders! Have all skylander character figures and game different variants, so far.
ClayFace Blue Sparx Gems: 835
#2 Posted: 11:12:45 08/03/2013
I'd say no unreposed make it ( they should but technically they'd be S2 is why I don't think they'll make it) but I think instead of Whirlwind for air it will be Sonic Boom, Eruptor instead of Flameslinger, Cynder instead of Chop Chop, and maybe Bash over Terrafin.
DragonsDream Green Sparx Gems: 435
#3 Posted: 11:21:36 08/03/2013
Quote: ClayFace
I'd say no unreposed make it ( they should but technically they'd be S2 is why I don't think they'll make it) but I think instead of Whirlwind for air it will be Sonic Boom, Eruptor instead of Flameslinger, Cynder instead of Chop Chop, and maybe Bash over Terrafin.

why would them being S2 matter? they said they are doing "fan favorites" not specifically "S3 and no S2"

edit: and really, did we need yet another new thread about this topic? there are already several
---
available: Darklight Crypt smiliesmiliesmilie(sealed), 17 other common S1s & adv. packs (EU only)
want:smiliesmiliesmilie
The word is "should've" never "should of"
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 14:15:04 08/03/2013 by DragonsDream
Cozmo Blue Sparx Gems: 770
#4 Posted: 13:38:38 08/03/2013
how do they dertermine which ones are the "fan Favorites" is it by units sold? if so how do they know that any figure is more popular when they had such a seamingly random way of releasing the characters. if you release only one character in the middle of the marketing campaing it stans a much larger chance of being grabbed up, rather than a figure released at the end when the game has already been on the market for 8 months.
#5 Posted: 22:53:52 08/03/2013 | Topic Creator
Thank you for staying on topic ClayFace. I wanted to make this topic because every other topic that had predictions in it went way off topic. I just wanted a thread that was just predictions and people discussing how they feel about others predictions. Not how do they determine which are going to be reposed or why do we need another one of these threads. Just stay on topic.

Back to topic.

I like your decision for smilie I was torn between her and smilie; Only reason I said smilie over smilie is because smilie appears as many statues in the game, so he seems like a main character of the series; smilie again was my 3rd choice was a very close race between him and smilie; I just really like smilieand he has a few variations so I thought him to be the next fire repose.

I am also assuming, in my predictions, that the Lightcore figures of Giants will not be reposed in Swap Force. Seeing that they had two poses in Giants.
---
I love collecting Skylanders! Have all skylander character figures and game different variants, so far.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:58:12 08/03/2013 by hodjimon
Zylek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1920
#6 Posted: 23:09:43 08/03/2013
Here is a new quote from an article:

Will we see re-posed series one Skylanders who weren't brought back for series two?

I think that's possible. There are several factors that go into who comes back. One is simply what cool ideas can we do with the characters? The second one is who's the person we haven't seen much of before? And finally, we look at who gamers want back. It's not perfect maths - we have to use our creative judgement. All the reposed characters will have new abilities. New Wow Pows, basically. We haven't talked about level cap changes yet, but of course there will be new cosmetic changes on the toy side also.
---
Anyone know where my avatar is from?
#7 Posted: 23:20:51 08/03/2013 | Topic Creator
Yeah, I know, I have read that article. But what are your predictions Zylek?
---
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#8 Posted: 00:36:22 09/03/2013
BASH BASH BASH BASH BASH BASH BASH BASH or i do not buy this game
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#9 Posted: 00:48:04 09/03/2013
I would hope that it is Ignitor rather than Flameslinger for fire.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
#10 Posted: 14:12:40 09/03/2013
To sum up what I was saying..
Characters I Think Will Make It:
Air: Sonic Boom and Whirlwind or Warnado
Earth: Anyone but Prism Break
Fire: Eruptor and Ignitor or Sunburn
Life: Stealth Elf (confirmed) and Stump Smash or Camo
Magic: Spyro and Wrecking Ball or Voodood
Tech: Trigger Happy and Drobot or Boomer
Undead: Cynder and Chop Chop or Ghost Roaster
Water: Gill Grunt and Slam Bam or Wham Shell

Characters That I Want To Make It:
Air: Lightning Rod and Warnado
Earth: Bash and Dino Rang
Fire: Eruptor and Sunburn
Life: Camo (If S3 Stealth Elf wasn't confirmed, it would be Zook and Camo)
Magic: Double Trouble and Voodood
Tech: Drobot and Boomer
Undead: Chop Chop and Ghost Roaster
Water: Slam Bam and Wham Shell

Sadly, I don't see any way Lightning Rod is going to make it.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:14:37 09/03/2013 by ClayFace
joerox123 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1992
#11 Posted: 14:58:54 09/03/2013
Well, I know this comment will got a lot of hate but honestly the "forgotten" 8 weren't really forgotten. :/ People just complained about them not coming back when in reality 8 HAD to not be S2, so I think they should just cut reposes, but as S3 SE has been shown, I just really want Sunburn/LR/Voodood other than that I don't care really.
---
the road is long, we carry on
try to have fun in the meantime☠
#12 Posted: 17:33:43 11/03/2013
My guesses are:

Life: Camo and Stealth Elf
Water: Wham Shell and Chill
Tech: Boomer and Sprocket (I might lean toward Drobot but he is in the final wave of SG)
Magic: Voodood and Pop Fizz
Undead: Ghost Roaster and Fright Rider
Air: Warnado and Jet Vac
Fire: Sunburn and Hot Dog
Earth: Dino Rang and Flashwing

I think 90% of the returning favorites are going to be from the SSA Forgotten 8 and the newlanders from SG. It makes the "value" of them higher given that they perviously didn't have Wow Pows or Path Switching.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:45:21 11/03/2013 by Zylek
#13 Posted: 19:15:06 11/03/2013
^
Hate to break it to ya but I don't see that happening because wouldn't it look weird with Stealth Elf there instead of Shroomboom?
I know she's just there because she has been confirmed but it doesn't make sense.
#14 Posted: 19:47:37 11/03/2013
^ All I'm saying is that I believe most of the 16 reposes are going to be from the newlanders and SSA forgotten 8, it's just a prediction.
---
Mrmorrises Platinum Sparx Gems: 7027
#15 Posted: 20:42:43 11/03/2013
When they revealed that they were going to repose Stealth elf, I lost all hope in them those characters that I would actually like to see reposed.
azz01 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#16 Posted: 21:07:52 11/03/2013
Well instead of me estimating I am going to list what I want.With exception of smilie of coarse.

Magic:smilie and smilie
Tech:smilie and smilie
Water:smilie and smilie
Fire:smilie and smilie
Earth:smilie and smilie
Air:smilie and smilie
Life:smilie and smilie (smilie of coarse is confirmed but I really did not want her)
Undead:smilie and smilie

And that is my want and maybe my estimation for Swap Force.
---
Call me the penguin man for that is who I am. Also stan LOOΠΔ!
#17 Posted: 15:30:19 12/03/2013
If memory serves Boomer was probably the least popular Skylander for SSA. He and Voodood peg warmed quite a bit. If the rumors of Boomer getting a repose in SSF are true, I think it makes the possibility of all the SSA forgotten 8 getting reposes even higher.
---
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#18 Posted: 20:58:12 12/03/2013
It has to be the previous eight. Why? Why else would they be re-coding these characters and skip TWO GAME generations without re-releasing them?
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#19 Posted: 00:31:14 13/03/2013
I think...

Life: smilie smilie
Earth: smilie smilie
Water: smilie smilie
Fire: smilie smilie
Tech: smilie smilie
Air: smilie smilie
Undead: smilie smilie
Magic: smilie smilie
Katallina Green Sparx Gems: 123
#20 Posted: 06:36:54 14/03/2013
Here's my predictions (Not to be confused with what I'd necessarily want):

Tech: Boomer and Trigger Happy
Magic: Voodood and Spyro
Life: Steath Elf and Camo
Death: Ghost Roaster and Cynder
Fire: Sunburn and Ignator
Water: Wham Shell and Gill Grunt
Earth: Dino-Rang and Terrafin
Air: Warnado and Jet Vac

There is a pattern to what I have chosen. The first character in each set is one of the eight that did not get a repose this go around. Those need updates "the most". It has to be frustrating from a programmer standpoint to not have them even close to the same tier as the rest of the characters. Without either a repose or a change in development philosophies, these eight characters are going to slowly become obsolete. This is not smart business from a gaming or collecting standpoint, and there is more money to be made in reposing them then in just upgrading their ingame programming values.

Each of the second characters that I chose has one of two claims to "fame". Either he or she has been featured in a Skylanders commercial, or in a starter package. These are the first characters people see and play with, and it is likely that the developers will want to continue to reinforce our bond with them, and that they will rely on that bond through marketing, branding and consumer choices. This theory was put forward in their selection of Stealth Elf, who (while IMHO the least interesting life character) was a starter in the first 3DS game and who is apparently (please correct me if I'm mistaken) a starter in SSF. She also has the marketing "advantage" of being a female character, someone young girls buying the game can connect with. (Although that is likely icing, rather then a driving factor.)

As a gamer who started after Giants release, I *want* to see the "lost 8" be reposed so I can quit ripping my hair out trying to get them for a reasonable cost.

As for who I would want reposes for if I got to pick MY fan favorites? Man this is tough!

Life: Zook
Death: Hex
Tech: Drobot
Magic: Pop Fizz
Air: Whirlwind (You can NEVER have enough!)
Earth: Bash
Fire: Hot Dog (Even though I have regular and molten!)
Water: Gill Grunt (Sorry Zap! I wanted to love you but I HATE your voice! It's like a drowning merloc.)

Of course, if I could pick ANY water character Thumpback would be in there, but I think we're pretty sure Giants aren't being redone and besides... How the heck could he be improved? (He plays AWESOME and has probably the most epic and impressive figure out of all Skylanders. And to think, I sorta got him "by accident". (I hadn't gone looking for him and wasn't excited about him til I got him home and really tried him / took a good look.)

I'll close with this (as I've been dying to say it, even though it's stupid...) :

smilie "I want Camo. He poops fruit!" smilie

Thanks for reading!
---
Favorite Skylanders: smilie smilie smilie
Most Wanted: smilie smilie smilie
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me