darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Spyro: Year of the Dragon > Did anyone expect a cutscene between Spyro and The Sorceress?
Page 1 of 1
Did anyone expect a cutscene between Spyro and The Sorceress? [CLOSED]
spyrocrash Platinum Sparx Gems: 5012
#1 Posted: 23:34:53 07/03/2013 | Topic Creator
When I got to the Sorceress' Lair, I was kind of expecting a cutscene similar to the one from Ripto's Rage were Spyro called Ripto shorty or how Spyro said at the end of the first game, "Your toast Gnorc!". Instead, it was just another regular boss fight cutscene. We don't even get to see how Spyro would react to seeing the Sorceress.

What did you guys think?
ThroneOfMalefor Platinum Sparx Gems: 5391
#2 Posted: 23:41:14 07/03/2013
Nurr. At the time, when I first reached the place at about age 6 or so, I didn't know what Ripto's Rage was. I played them in this order: 3, 1, 2. I guess I'm the wrong person, then. :/
---
BREATHE AIR.
#3 Posted: 01:36:52 08/03/2013 | Topic Creator
^ I actually haven't played the first two games. I just watched youtube videos of them and then when I got to Sorceress' lair, I kind of thought their would have been a cutscene like those two games.
Wojowu Yellow Sparx Gems: 1415
#4 Posted: 13:47:37 08/03/2013
When I played it for the first time, I wasn't paying any attention to cutscens, character dialogues etc. I was just too young. I could understand it if I wanted, but I knew I could misinterpret it smilie Now, as I think of it, I'd probably expect something, but on the other hand Sorceress was alone in her plans then, and a monologue would be a bit boring IMO
---
Any Osu fan here?
SamXala Gold Sparx Gems: 2398
#5 Posted: 15:06:27 08/03/2013
I REALLY was expecting a cutscene about that, but It didn't happend. For some reason I think this game was a bit... incomplete... like the whirldwind thing in Midnight Mountain for example...
---
O_0 Holy Cow!! I'm a Gold Sparx!
ThroneOfMalefor Platinum Sparx Gems: 5391
#6 Posted: 20:22:16 08/03/2013
Quote: SamXala
I REALLY was expecting a cutscene about that, but It didn't happend. For some reason I think this game was a bit... incomplete... like the whirldwind thing in Midnight Mountain for example...

Are you talking about the potential whirlwind to the island with the three lives on it?
---
BREATHE AIR.
Doomdrao Platinum Sparx Gems: 6678
#7 Posted: 21:05:23 08/03/2013
Maybe a small one but i'm not too bothered smilie

I did get the game off the PS Network and the Sorceress' battle music had been replaced with the music from Sunrise Spring 0_0 it's a bit difficult to be all epic and stuff when you've got THIS playing X'D
---
I'd wait a fresh minuteMe, To a Co-Worker about Greggs Bakery Steak Bakes
SamXala Gold Sparx Gems: 2398
#8 Posted: 03:43:47 09/03/2013
Quote: ThroneOfMalefor
Quote: SamXala

Are you talking about the potential whirlwind to the island with the three lives on it?

YUP ^-^
---
O_0 Holy Cow!! I'm a Gold Sparx!
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#9 Posted: 09:30:16 09/03/2013
I was expecting a cutscene like in Gateway to Glimmer before Spyro confronts Ripto, it felt like Insomniac just ran out of time towards the end of the game, especially with the whirlwind that should have been there to the island with the three lives on.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
#10 Posted: 05:42:48 10/03/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: SuperSpyroFan
I was expecting a cutscene like in Gateway to Glimmer before Spyro confronts Ripto, it felt like Insomniac just ran out of time towards the end of the game, especially with the whirlwind that should have been there to the island with the three lives on.

That would make sense that they ran out to add an extra cutscene. It's still kind of funny that the two of them didn't say anything to each other. Basically it was, "Let's Fight!".
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7713
#11 Posted: 06:00:44 10/03/2013
Yeah, I did
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me