darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Spyro: Year of the Dragon > Is there a difference between the platinum and labelled disc?
Page 1 of 1
Is there a difference between the platinum and labelled disc? [CLOSED]
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7660
#1 Posted: 23:34:13 26/02/2013 | Topic Creator
So yah, is there?
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8506
#2 Posted: 00:38:44 27/02/2013
) Can't get two gems at a tower in Fireworks Factory? Don't despair! There is, at last, a solution, and it's straight from Brian Hastings at Insomniac:

"Exit Fireworks Factory (if you are in it). Press Pause. Press: Circle, Square, Right, Left, Right, Square, Circle, X. (You'll hear sounds as you press the last two keys - this means that it worked!) Enter Fireworks Factory. Go defeat the two ninjas on the platform with the cannon (right below the tower with the gems)."

So, what was it that was happening? Brian explains (and sheds some interesting light on how Spyro 3 works):

"It is actually completely unrelated to the Speedway issue, and it only happens to people who are in the 'easiest' difficulty level (the game automatically tunes the difficulty levels for you as you play, depending on how you are doing). You are never prevented (permanently at least) from getting those gems - you just have to go into the level when your difficulty setting is not at the lowest. Some people (a very small number I think) who are almost always playing at the lowest difficulty setting, will almost always be at the lowest difficulty setting."

As for that cheat code Brian gave out: "It just adjusts your 'player score' to match the middle difficulty level. Your score will continue to change depending on how you play. Incidentally, if you want to set your player score to the highest difficulty level, press the Square button instead of 'X' as the last key of the cheat."

The platinum/Greatest Hits label eliminates this.

1) Some visitors have been reporting that they haven't won an egg after beating one of the races. This is an error in the first build of Spyro 3. The good news is that the Sony's Greatest Hits version of Spyro 3 (it'll be labelled that way on the cover of the CD case) fixes this error (and includes a film that wasn't in the original version of the game). Rent this version, run the game and you should be credited with the egg. Let me know if this works!

Plus the cutscene "Spike Is Born" doesn't play on the normal version.

Most of this courtesy of http://www.spyrohints.com
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#3 Posted: 03:24:12 27/02/2013
I believe the Platinum/Greatest Hits has music and cutscenes not in the original because Insomniac had to cut them due to time constraints... <.<;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7660
#4 Posted: 19:17:11 10/03/2013 | Topic Creator
That is strange
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me