Page 1 of 1
This Game is growing on me! [CLOSED]
joerox123 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1992
#1 Posted: 06:56:02 06/02/2013 | Topic Creator
At first I was all like: ****! This looks like crap!

Now after all these pics and videos it look pretty cool! I don't like the new characters so far, but they will grow on me. ANyone else feel this way?

Also: If I am going to afford this, I might need to pop some tags (I am listening to that now smilie)
---
the road is long, we carry on
try to have fun in the meantimeā˜ 
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:56:38 06/02/2013 by joerox123
Orohu Blue Sparx Gems: 704
#2 Posted: 07:09:16 06/02/2013
I honestly would be just as welcome to getting the game, even if I don't have the money for Swaplanders and Newlanders (Blast Zone and Freeze Blade, though, are ones I'll definitely buy)

All of the improvements made to the engine, from the HD graphics to the jumping with all Skylanders, to the brand new story, environments, and NPCs, those would have been enough for me.

The ability to make your own Skylanders with the parts you collect is just the buttercream icing on the delicious birthday cake you get once a year.

...now I'm hungry.
IJJusion Green Sparx Gems: 136
#3 Posted: 07:44:15 06/02/2013
i agree, the swap function they have is meh in my opinion, but the figures look great, the graphics look amazing and based off the trailers, the gameplay (jump/mini games shown/fluid combat) is top notch, this is looking to be a top of the line game where gameplay leads it with the magic of the portal taking second place

as opposed to the previous games where the portal gimmick (as cool as it is) seemed to lead the game while the gameplay was always a bit lacking.
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#4 Posted: 09:09:18 06/02/2013
you all fall victim for the advertisement and marketing... if you don't snap out of it be ready to kill your piggy bank....
IJJusion Green Sparx Gems: 136
#5 Posted: 10:30:00 06/02/2013
Uh oh....looks like we have a negative nancy in here
DragonsDream Green Sparx Gems: 435
#6 Posted: 10:34:00 06/02/2013
he's been barfing all over the forums, in the hopes that some one will agree with him and sympathy barf as well.

We get it Kappa, you don't like it. Go outside and play.
---
available: Darklight Crypt smiliesmiliesmilie(sealed), 17 other common S1s & adv. packs (EU only)
want:smiliesmiliesmilie
The word is "should've" never "should of"
FLEIJA Green Sparx Gems: 395
#7 Posted: 14:25:08 06/02/2013
before even starting this hobby i already know that its a very expensive hobby. i like most activision games and i like the idea of figures to video games. im supporting this game for better or worse. we cant wait for this game and very excited.
---
MIA: Volcanic Vault & Gnarly Tree Rex
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#8 Posted: 14:32:36 06/02/2013
I liked it before the trailer... #hipster
Quote: kappapopm
you all fall victim for the advertisement and marketing... if you don't snap out of it be ready to kill your piggy bank....

And you did for the first and second games, dear. smilie
#9 Posted: 14:48:02 06/02/2013
the game is growing on you? I think there is a cream for that
---
available: Darklight Crypt smiliesmiliesmilie(sealed), 17 other common S1s & adv. packs (EU only)
Tupelo Blue Sparx Gems: 825
#10 Posted: 15:31:17 06/02/2013
I know as it gets closer most of the hate will be gone. I perosonally might buy figures before the game. and buy the game cheaper if it goes on sale like giants.
Cozmo Blue Sparx Gems: 770
#11 Posted: 16:15:39 06/02/2013
From the breif game play video, the levels look pretty polished, and they may even be a bit bigger. Once i saw the new characters in action they are much more likeble.
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#12 Posted: 16:26:12 06/02/2013
I for one am quite suprised they used a fanmade idea. Did anyone else notice the desire for mixing characters/elements bouncing around the forums a while back?
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
#13 Posted: 16:30:23 06/02/2013
Quote: NEW_SpyroLUVA
I for one am quite suprised they used a fanmade idea. Did anyone else notice the desire for mixing characters/elements bouncing around the forums a while back?

I suspect no matter what innovation they added this time, some fan somewhere probably mentioned it on a forum somewhere. That doesn't make it "fanmade"
---
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#14 Posted: 16:32:24 06/02/2013
I call it such anyway since I first saw it on the forums.
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
Zylek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1920
#15 Posted: 16:45:55 06/02/2013
Well, my kids flipped over the trailer so their target audience loved it. Seeing them in action in the demo and trailer definitely made me warm up to the concept.

My biggest concern is still that there needs to vehicle to add/unlock new levels/content later in the life of the game. SG didn't have this at all once you beat nightmare mode. My kids played with Hot Dog (Which we finally got last week) for one day only and were bored of SG again since it was the same old game they quit playing a couple months ago.
---
Anyone know where my avatar is from?
SkylanderPrime Yellow Sparx Gems: 1843
#16 Posted: 18:54:45 06/02/2013
I am starting to like the game from what gameplay I saw in the trailer, but I still don't like the name of the game. I don't think I ever will.
---
I'm Kind of a Big Deal!!!! Scotchy Scotch Scotch is my favorite flavor!
0_0 Ripto Gems: 11
#17 Posted: 19:00:00 06/02/2013
Quote: joerox123

Now after all these pics and videos it look pretty cool! I don't like the new characters so far, but they will grow on me. ANyone else feel this way?

Also: If I am going to afford this, I might need to pop some tags (I am listening to that now >_<)

this.

only got $20 in my pocket.........
Jakemouse Blue Sparx Gems: 690
#18 Posted: 19:09:38 06/02/2013
Seek medical treatment.
---
The Dream Team: smilie smilie smilie smilie
joerox123 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1992
#19 Posted: 22:14:17 06/02/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: 0_0

Also: If I am going to afford this, I might need to pop some tags (I am listening to that now smilie)

this.

Let's do some simple addition.........
---
the road is long, we carry on
try to have fun in the meantimeā˜ 
Zylek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1920
#20 Posted: 16:43:12 07/02/2013
Surprisingly, my kids seem more excited for SSF than they were for SG. The swapping concept really appeals to them.

I wonder if they next evolution would be to have swappable arm weapons. Then you could customize any character into a ranged fighter or more of a brawler.
---
Anyone know where my avatar is from?
0_0 Ripto Gems: 11
#21 Posted: 17:00:37 07/02/2013

Also: If I am going to afford this, I might need to pop some tags (I am listening to that now >_<)

this.

this is ****ing awesome.
Cozmo Blue Sparx Gems: 770
#22 Posted: 17:03:23 07/02/2013
Seeing the gameplay footage really put away some of the worries for me. Admittedly i really did not like the countdown character until i saw how his head hops up and down as he runs.

My kids loved it from the first anouncement.
Ryanator20x6 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1848
#23 Posted: 22:04:57 07/02/2013

this.

this is ****ing awesome.

Yes, italics is ****ing awesome.
---
Hello from Seattle

ask.fm/RyanNeely889
FLEIJA Green Sparx Gems: 395
#24 Posted: 23:47:48 07/02/2013
Quote: Zylek
Surprisingly, my kids seem more excited for SSF than they were for SG. The swapping concept really appeals to them.

I wonder if they next evolution would be to have swappable arm weapons. Then you could customize any character into a ranged fighter or more of a brawler.

as theyve stated before they tried 4 parts, 3 parts and most appealed to them was 2 part figure. i can see in the future that we wud be buying the weapons, armors and other stuff in addition to the figures smilie can't wait what they are instore for us in the future. i just they will implement at least an option to do online mode. smilie still looking forward to SSF
---
MIA: Volcanic Vault & Gnarly Tree Rex
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me