Page 1 of 1
Character Stat Saving... [CLOSED]
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#1 Posted: 18:50:22 05/02/2013 | Topic Creator
So... anyone wonder how this is going to work?

Will the experience and gold earned be stored in the top or bottom half of the figure? Will it be split between the two somehow?

Interesting....
Zylek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1920
#2 Posted: 18:53:37 05/02/2013
I'm guessing that the top retains the "core" of the character and the bottom is pretty much just a mobility enhancer. Ha, I guess when you put it that way it's kind of like the discs for DI, but the SF swap feature does look cooler.
---
Anyone know where my avatar is from?
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#3 Posted: 18:54:19 05/02/2013
I think that the characters level, loot and upgrades will be stored in the top half, since that's the part that effects the characters attacks - the bottom half are just for mobility, it would be kind of pointless if some characters legs gained experience.

And, of course, the top half is where the characters brains are - since it's their head smilie
YOLOrenzo Yellow Sparx Gems: 1073
#4 Posted: 18:58:57 05/02/2013
In the FGTV interview it was stated that both halves store data. I'm guessing that swap force figures have two levels - attack power and crit on the top half and defense speed on the bottom half.
Skylandscaper Emerald Sparx Gems: 3966
#5 Posted: 21:26:11 05/02/2013
Think there will be a character icon for every combination in the collections menu?
---
WANTED: regular Chompie Mage. Can be loose. We will open and play with it like all of our Skylanders.
YOLOrenzo Yellow Sparx Gems: 1073
#6 Posted: 21:39:20 05/02/2013
Probably not. There's no reason to display every combination on the collection screen. The characters and stats exist on their own.
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#7 Posted: 21:48:23 05/02/2013
To me it seems like the top half will have two attacks while the legs get one from the information mentioned below.
Quote: Polygon
Then he trotted out a Swap Force character: Magna Charge, a tech Skylander outfitted with a magnetic head that can be used to move metal objects, an energy blaster on his left arm and a single wheel of energy below him. After a quick demonstration of Magna Charge's attacks, Nathanielsz replaced him with another Swap Force figure, Wash Buckler. The pirate shuffles around on squid tentacles, carries a pistol firing bubbles that can envelop enemies, squirts ink as one attack and swings a cutlass as another.

Eventually, Nathanielsz came up against a tougher enemy with attacks that Wash Buckler was too slow to evade. At that point, he took apart both of the aforementioned Swap Force characters, then put Wash Buckler's upper body on Magna Charge's base to form ... Wash Charge. That combination served Nathanielsz well in the fight, giving him Wash Buckler's strong attacks along with the mobility of Magna Charge's speedy unicycle.

Naturally, I'm assuming, the lower half gives him the ink ability since that's a technique squid and octopi use to escape when threatened in real life. And the top half clearly holds the gun and sword.

There are a few possibilities for upgrades, I think. It could be that you could upgrade both paths and each combo gets its own set of paths, though there are so many combos realistically that isn't likely at all. It could be that each part has its own paths, so, there would be a gun/cutlass path and ink path for Wash Buckler. It could just be that you can choose which path to upgrade and just normally upgrade the character. Or it could be an upgrade system new to the series.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 21:54:15 05/02/2013 by GamingMaster_76
FLEIJA Green Sparx Gems: 395
#8 Posted: 21:58:31 05/02/2013
swapforce sign. ladder=climbing, rocket booster=flying. so far thats assuming the abilities mentioned
---
MIA: Volcanic Vault & Gnarly Tree Rex
fireofexile Blue Sparx Gems: 703
#9 Posted: 22:21:24 05/02/2013
I'm thinking that instead of having every single swapforce combination, they could have a swapforce section with 2 different parts, top part is top half and bottom part is bottom half, choose one of each to see the combination.
0_0 Ripto Gems: 11
#10 Posted: 22:28:23 05/02/2013
what i will do is put my favorite guy on the fastest guys legs.
fireofexile Blue Sparx Gems: 703
#11 Posted: 22:31:23 05/02/2013
I think it'd be cool if they remade old characters into SwapForce ones. (of course, this would never happen.) *imagines Chill / Warnado Skylander*
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me