darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Swap Force > Everything we know about Skylanders: Swap Force (13/10/2013)
First | Previous | Page 9 of 204 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 202 203 204
Everything we know about Skylanders: Swap Force (13/10/2013) [STICKY] [CLOSED]
isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4478
#401 Posted: 03:39:57 09/02/2013
True!
CaptainPenguin Red Sparx Gems: 42
#402 Posted: 05:58:49 09/02/2013
Quote: isaac343018s
I personally HATE the Swapping.....I think it makes the characters not feel...right.... Ill buy the Swap-Force Skylanders mainly to have their figures....To me, they are cool w/o the combining....

Btw, any ideas on the 2/2 Magic SF, 1/2 Tech SF, 1/2 Undead SF, 2/2 Earth SF, 2/2 Air SF, 1/2 Fire SF, or 1/2 Life SF characters left?

I agree on that I will only swap for the Gates, It is awesome but seriously Skunk with Swuid Tentacles is Weird O.o

I think for Series 3 it will have-
Life-Stealth Elf and Camo
Earth-Terrafin and Dino-Rang
Water-Chill and Wham Shell
Tech-Drobot and Boomer
Undead-Fright Rider and Ghost Roaster
Air-Sonic Boom and Warnado
Fire-Hot Dog and Sunburn (I hope for now stupid Eruptor >:C I have 2!!! Only Fire I have and he is annoying!)
Magic-Pop Fizz and Voodood

My guess For LC-
1-New Core Character for Water
2-New Core Character for Magic
3-New Core Character for Life
4-New Core Character for Earth
(If they have LC like last time that would mean Skylanders from Above that are returning)
5-Hot Dog(Spikes on his head would glow)
6-Boomer(Dynamite would glow)
7-Fright Rider(Frights Eyes would glow and rope thingy...)
8-Sonic Boom(She could be roaring and the roar could glow...Odd)

If NOT then-
5-Ignitor(His Fire Soul)
6-Drill Sergeant(Eyes and Grill thing)
7-Fright Rider(Same as above)
8-Lightning Rod(Idk why they didn't make him LC for Giants cause his Lightning Bolts would glow...)

These are just my Guesses/Hopes Lol sorry if I got your hopes up! I am sure maybe 1 out of all of these are right lol it is Stealth Elf xD xD xD
---
I have- smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Need Thumpback,Eye Brawl,and Hotdog
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#403 Posted: 06:07:45 09/02/2013
You know my biggest worry for now is whether or not the non reposed 8 will return and something I noticed with the demo. When they demonstrated the new characters and Eruptor, they didn't say catchphrases and don't talk. I hope they will talk in the final version because I like it when the Skylanders talk they have personality and the catchphrases really depict them.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
CaptainPenguin Red Sparx Gems: 42
#404 Posted: 06:15:59 09/02/2013
Quote: GhostRoaster617
You know my biggest worry for now is whether or not the non reposed 8 will return and something I noticed with the demo. When they demonstrated the new characters and Eruptor, they didn't say catchphrases and don't talk. I hope they will talk in the final version because I like it when the Skylanders talk they have personality and the catchphrases really depict them.

I am pretty Sure they will, I like Eye Brawl's the best the "I've got my Eye on you!" How does an Action with it, I hope they add actions like that to each skylander, and with the Swap-Force fella's I think they would say the top half's Catchphrase or what would be cool is if they combined them to make one catchphrase like say you put Freeze Bomb on the portal and he would say part of Stink bomb's and Freeze Blade's Catchphrases but that is way to complicated! Over 256 Catchphrases for some would be Ridiculous! Lol...
---
I have- smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Need Thumpback,Eye Brawl,and Hotdog
FlowxEhtxEbirt Blue Sparx Gems: 817
#405 Posted: 07:15:06 09/02/2013
I hope this time the lightcores are their own characters. Or atleast a couple are, rather than just lightcore versions of old/new 'landers.
---
Do you even pose?
SkylandersBoy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1129
#406 Posted: 09:12:35 09/02/2013
You do know that you don't have to wait till E3 for news do you?
New York Toy Fair is coming tomorrow!
---
Swap Force is just plain awesome!
I'm not related to the SkylanderKids.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Skylanderster
DragonsDream Green Sparx Gems: 435
#407 Posted: 10:17:59 09/02/2013
Quote: Aura24
Found this on the SkylandersGame Facebook:

[User Posted Image]

If the Wash Buckler toy had that kind of texture and detailing, I'd be a lot more pumped up about the character
---
available: Darklight Crypt smiliesmiliesmilie(sealed), 17 other common S1s & adv. packs (EU only)
want:smiliesmiliesmilie
The word is "should've" never "should of"
Hakann Yellow Sparx Gems: 1238
#408 Posted: 10:28:58 09/02/2013
I dont beliave that dino rang , ghost roaster, sunburn, camo, wham shell or warnado will be repose cush they sayed that was fan favourite skylanders so if they didn´t have the privilege on giants why should they have it on this game ?
---
Expect the unexpected
skylandergiants Yellow Sparx Gems: 1020
#409 Posted: 10:29:03 09/02/2013
^
^
Same here
---
---
---
It's time for Africa.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:29:42 09/02/2013 by skylandergiants
RK Yellow Sparx Gems: 1847
#410 Posted: 11:05:20 09/02/2013
Quote: Hakann
I dont beliave that dino rang , ghost roaster, sunburn, camo, wham shell or warnado will be repose cush they sayed that was fan favourite skylanders so if they didn´t have the privilege on giants why should they have it on this game ?

Because people complained about them not being reposed, proving that there were lots of people wanting the unreposed to make a comeback?
#411 Posted: 13:49:16 09/02/2013
Quote: henryszuch
Quote: SkylandersBoy
You do know that you don't have to wait till E3 for news do you?
New York Toy Fair is coming tomorrow!

*facepalmx100000000000*

Toy Fair already passed. That's where we got all this info.

*facedesk*

That was on the Ninjini event in Times Square, NYTF is tomorrow
---
#412 Posted: 14:00:54 09/02/2013
You sure? I'm pretty sure the Times Square thing was just a Ninjini give away. Plus how did everyone get the "goody bags"?

Because in the event, they revealed the game and also, if you look at the Toy Fair site, you see the dates: 10 to 13
---
XSparxX Emerald Sparx Gems: 4752
#413 Posted: 16:34:22 09/02/2013
Official Skylander Youtube-Channel upload a better Quality of the Gameplay Demo ^-^
---
"If I had any humanity left, I would have been crushed by the guilt by now."
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#414 Posted: 16:47:21 09/02/2013
I dunno if anyone else caught it but uh..that Eruptor is very clearly the Series 2 version, but in the game it says "Series 1".

[User Posted Image]

So uh..what's the dealio with that? Just an error in the tag?
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
spyroblue Green Sparx Gems: 351
#415 Posted: 16:48:24 09/02/2013
I hope this game have a venus like lightning rod that cover her private parts with clouds that was cool
---
"Crazy is as Crazy does!"
Nroc-Nuika Platinum Sparx Gems: 5348
#416 Posted: 17:43:56 09/02/2013
Quote: spyroflame0487
I dunno if anyone else caught it but uh..that Eruptor is very clearly the Series 2 version, but in the game it says "Series 1".

[User Posted Image]

So uh..what's the dealio with that? Just an error in the tag?

Countdown and Roller Brawl also said 'series 1' aswell, something the newlanders in giants didn't say. It's probably just because it's a demo. The giants demo had an image of the skylanders flash on the screen before they were imported in
---
I always forget to check my guestbook
Takadox360 Gold Sparx Gems: 2852
#417 Posted: 18:39:37 09/02/2013
Someone noticed that Eruptor is Level 7 and got over 700HP.
---
i am trash
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#418 Posted: 19:05:00 09/02/2013
Quote: kappapopm
look at these figures. they look like something you find in the bargain bin for a dollar... that is for sure.

I'm a little put off by the slightly larger, more cartoony aspects of these. The current characters aren't shiny either--I wonder if they're cutting corners here. As Han Solo says, "I've got a bad feeling about this."
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:06:41 09/02/2013 by GhostRoaster
TheBakonBitz Yellow Sparx Gems: 1360
#419 Posted: 19:59:47 09/02/2013
Doesn't Blast Zone have to be in the starter pack because you need his rocket boots to pass that level? But Magna Charge was shown off more?
Mrmorrises Platinum Sparx Gems: 7027
#420 Posted: 20:03:02 09/02/2013
Quote: TheBakonBitz
Doesn't Blast Zone have to be in the starter pack because you need his rocket boots to pass that level? But Magna Charge was shown off more?

It's confirmed that Magna charge is in the starter padk, as well as Washbuckler, but not Blast zone....wierd...
#421 Posted: 20:43:01 09/02/2013
^
Blast Zone is, Magna Charge isnt.
---
---
---
It's time for Africa.
Buzzthebatgirl Yellow Sparx Gems: 1526
#422 Posted: 20:51:39 09/02/2013
Quote: TheBakonBitz

Do remember that the demo for Giants ended with a Feat of Strength yet none of the levels in the final game have this as a level end mechanic.
---
GITD smilie won on Facebook.com/Toywinner
Too many Skylanders in collection
Hexin_Wishes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1522
#423 Posted: 23:51:24 09/02/2013
Can I just say that, for the first time, Eruptor looks attractive to play as? I'm loving the revitalized graphics for the characters.
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#424 Posted: 01:49:56 10/02/2013
from kappapopm's post with the pictures I think that magna charge lights up because if you look in his wheel there is a wire and in game it is green, also his eye is clear
---
Dead
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#425 Posted: 02:03:29 10/02/2013
^Makes sense. Water and Fire. At least now we know that Magna Charge will be in the 3ds though.

Woah wait...what? Where was that confirmed at?
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
SparCrux1101 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1898
#426 Posted: 02:36:52 10/02/2013
Anyone wondering about the level up mechanics? i think the upper half is going to keep the stats as the bottom half might not change the stats, the game could just view it as a function. it would be cool if you had 4 upgrade paths for each skylander, 2 for legs, and 2 for torso.
---
WTB: Molten Hot dog
c/._.c\ Dancin puddin /b._.\b
#427 Posted: 03:20:55 10/02/2013
Quote: spyroflame0487
I question though what the original purpose of that Crash poster was. A planned game that was scrapped? Something created just for fun? It was apparently important enough for them to pull it from the internet after publishing it, so....dare I say we could see Crash being included in the lineup for the Core Skylanders in Swap Force?

With about 14 characters left to reveal for the Core figures, anything is possible right? Having Crash included would be something you whip out to generate a ton of hype..something like that would be perfect to show off at E3.

I am one of the few who hopes Crash becomes a Skylander. I'm not even a fan of him (Team Spyro baby!) but growing up in the 90s Crash and Spyro were THE mascots of PSOne so having them together in a game would be total nostalgia!

Let's not forget Spyro Orange and Crash Purple, the GameBoy Advance crossover games. Maybe Crash can be in the 3DS starter pack as a nod to that. smilie
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#428 Posted: 03:26:08 10/02/2013
Crash isn't going to be a Skylander anytime soon, it's already confirmed:

http://metro.co.uk/2013/02/05/...-story-3381219/

GC: Oh, and is there anything you can say about Crash Bandicoot?

GB: [laughs] You’re talking about that photo with the poster on the wall?

GC: Yeah, I think there was some speculation you might be working on a reboot for Crash?

GB: Well, there’s nothing for me to say about Crash Bandicoot. [laughs] I mean I love the games, we’ve made some of the party games…

GC: Is there any reason why he couldn’t appear in a Skylanders game?

GB: Well, Crash Bandicoot is a very different personality to Spyro…

GC: But if I was Activision and I wanted to bring back Crash Bandicoot I would’ve thought a cameo in Skylanders would be a pretty good start.

GB: I think the best way to think about that is the same question you asked about Transformers and Spider-Man. Because the way I think about it personally is that Crash Bandicoot is a great IP, that’s had great game experiences in the past, but it’s very different than what Skylanders is today. That’s the way I think about it.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:27:18 10/02/2013 by Aura24
Tributaryink9 Blue Sparx Gems: 762
#429 Posted: 03:40:20 10/02/2013
If the starter pack IS s3 stealthy, Wash Buckler, and Blast Zone.... anything ringing a bell for pokémon fans? Fire. "Grass" Water. That just popped out to me. Lol
---
Favorites: smilie smilie smilie smilie
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#430 Posted: 04:24:34 10/02/2013
I hope thats the pack since my brother wants wash buckler and I love blast zone
---
Dead
zebas1234 Blue Sparx Gems: 985
#431 Posted: 05:23:01 10/02/2013
i hope swap force has even epic songs my only fav songs from both games

ssa arkyan armory dragons peak and the ruins theme
giants junkyard isles cuttroat carnival and giants theme
---
go to my guestbook to see my collection
ima nom nom u tonight
people see my grammer they hating trolls here are evil
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#432 Posted: 05:30:25 10/02/2013
From the cutscene shown in the demo, there is music from Lost City of Arkus and Dragon's Peak.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#433 Posted: 05:36:54 10/02/2013
really so are the reusing themes again
---
ima nom nom u tonight
jakesterg Blue Sparx Gems: 806
#434 Posted: 05:47:24 10/02/2013
I miss a few days and look. A brand new game already.
---
Irish Jig!
Dragon Crusher Green Sparx Gems: 447
#435 Posted: 05:53:13 10/02/2013
WOW 60+ new skylanders coming this fall smilie

16 Swaplanders
16 Newlanders
16 Series 3 (Maybe some series 2 in there)
8 Lightcore
4 Legendary (at least)
+ Variants etc
#436 Posted: 06:26:52 10/02/2013
Quote: Aura24

GC: Yeah, I think there was some speculation you might be working on a reboot for Crash?

GB: Well, there’s nothing for me to say about Crash Bandicoot. [laughs] I mean I love the games, we’ve made some of the party games…

GC: Is there any reason why he couldn’t appear in a Skylanders game?

GB: Well, Crash Bandicoot is a very different personality to Spyro…

GC: But if I was Activision and I wanted to bring back Crash Bandicoot I would’ve thought a cameo in Skylanders would be a pretty good start.

GB: I think the best way to think about that is the same question you asked about Transformers and Spider-Man. Because the way I think about it personally is that Crash Bandicoot is a great IP, that’s had great game experiences in the past, but it’s very different than what Skylanders is today. That’s the way I think about it.[/i]

What a cop-out of an answer. "Crash is a very different personality to Spyro", yeah well so is Trigger Happy. I sense fanboy elitism. They could of just said "No, we have no real interest in making him a Skylander." instead of saying how ~different~ it is to Spyro (which, ironically, is different to *gaspshockhorror* Skylanders).
#437 Posted: 06:37:40 10/02/2013
they use a printing machine to makes these figure right and dust em off somehow and they take em apart to add the light effects. am i right oh and paint em
---
ima nom nom u tonight
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#438 Posted: 06:40:30 10/02/2013
The strangest part about the revealed Skylanders is that we haven't seen a single air, earth or magic Skylander in Swap Force yet. There must be some massive build up for those elements. Also anyone notice how sadly some characters actually play as subtle clones? Countdown shoots rockets like smilie and his head comes off similar to smilie which I love, but Blast Zone lobs bombs like smilie.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#439 Posted: 07:01:01 10/02/2013
freeze blade skates like slam bams wow pow
---
ima nom nom u tonight
ThePunchPopFizz Green Sparx Gems: 258
#440 Posted: 07:12:45 10/02/2013
Quote: zebas1234
they use a printing machine to makes these figure right and dust em off somehow and they take em apart to add the light effects. am i right oh and paint em

They come out colored. That is just for the prototypes. They're solid figures with no inards at all. It's just to test the color scheme, posing and whatnot. The actual figures are made in factories like most other toys
---
Ravens Nation.
Activate: PunchPopFizz
#441 Posted: 10:21:38 10/02/2013
I was just looking at the trailer and I realised that at the gameplay part where it says 'your new power is choice' It shows Magna Charge jumping but his bottom half is like a lion with blue shorts on. Possible new character?
---
---
---
It's time for Africa.
SparCrux1101 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1898
#442 Posted: 11:30:28 10/02/2013
Quote: GhostRoaster617
The strangest part about the revealed Skylanders is that we haven't seen a single air, earth or magic Skylander in Swap Force yet. There must be some massive build up for those elements. Also anyone notice how sadly some characters actually play as subtle clones? Countdown shoots rockets like smilie and his head comes off similar to smilie which I love, but Blast Zone lobs bombs like smilie.

A lot of champions are clones actually. you could go on and compare Choppy with Ignitor, heck, jet-vac basically is just a redesign of gill grunt, their attacks are pretty much the same (upgrades are different). they pull fun little things from each character.
---
WTB: Molten Hot dog
c/._.c\ Dancin puddin /b._.\b
minimax98765 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1347
#443 Posted: 11:37:52 10/02/2013
What if...giants could go swap force
#444 Posted: 11:48:39 10/02/2013
Quote: skylandergiants
I was just looking at the trailer and I realised that at the gameplay part where it says 'your new power is choice' It shows Magna Charge jumping but his bottom half is like a lion with blue shorts on. Possible new character?

You're right, it looks like some yellow legs with blue shorts!
---
First | Previous | Page 9 of 204 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 202 203 204

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me