Page 1 of 1
Going backwards... [CLOSED]
Skylanders Dad Blue Sparx Gems: 878
#1 Posted: 03:40:08 03/01/2013 | Topic Creator
Hey Skylanders fans, first time poster father who has been enjoying Skylanders:Giants with his son very much since purchasing it for him for his birthday at the beginning of December. We have a handful of the Giants characters, but mainly a large amount of Spyro's adventure (first game) characters since I was able to grab a bunch for a good deal Black Friday at Best Buy (2.99 a pop...was nice when I learned that they could be used in the new game...my kid is young, so he was tickled by the quantity and I bought every unique character I could find since they were so discounted as compared to normal).

My question is this: Since we started out playing Giants, are there any pitfalls with the characters that I need to be aware of if we go back and play Spyro's adventure after playing Giants exclusively with them? The Giants game has been such a hit with the little one and yours truly that the first game is all but purchased at this point. I know we can't use the Giants backwards (or Jet Vac and other certain characters on the old game it appears)...but will the characters stay leveled and upgraded? Will that stuff be lost going backwards? Anything else I should be aware of? I've noticed that sometimes the individual characters can be glitchy and not save heroic challenges and the like that are accomplished and saved specific to each character, so I figure there's other things to look out for especially across games so any and all heads up would be much appreciated.

Yes, I am noob parent. Ha ha.

P.S....Since I'm here...Has anyone ever noticed that Spyro looks kind of like Figment? Is that a coincidence or is there a connection?
---
Here we go again...!
fireofexile Blue Sparx Gems: 703
#2 Posted: 03:48:50 03/01/2013
I'll try to tell you everything I can that might help.
Series 2 Skylanders can be used in the first game. However they will work as a Series 1 Skylander. (No Wow-Pow, no path switching, etc.)
All Skylanders can be leveled up to Level 15 in Giants. However, they can only be Level 10 in Spyro's Adventure. If you have a Skylander with a level greater than 10 you can use him in the first game and he will appear as a level 10; when using him in Giants again he should be the level higher than 10.
All upgrades will be kept when you play the old game, except for the Wow-Pow that Series 2 Skylanders have.
I'm not too sure about Heroic Challenges, although I know that some challenges are in both games but with different stat boosts.
Hopefully this helped a bit!
#3 Posted: 13:53:30 03/01/2013 | Topic Creator
That did help. Thanks!
---
Here we go again...!
LampShadeHead Green Sparx Gems: 145
#4 Posted: 16:50:47 03/01/2013
Actually it's very rare to get e glitchy character.
---
31/37 still need:legendary-spyro::legendary-chopchop::legendary-bash:smiliesmiliesmilie For Spyro's Adventure
#5 Posted: 19:47:00 03/01/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: LampShadeHead
Actually it's very rare to get e glitchy character.

No doubt it's amazing how well the whole thing works. I'm massively impressed and wish there was something like this for me when I was a kid!

The only issue I've had is what I stated above where sometimes character specific data won't save (IE Heroic challenges completed). A little internet sleuthing has informed me to play with the character a little bit longer after finishing them to give the character time to save (I guess it's done in the background). That makes sense based on the issues I've had. I normally jam out 5-10 heroics at once for a character to pump them up in stats and it always seems like that last 2-3 get forgotten when I return back to the character because I've moved on to the next character immediately after and worked on their challenges. So I'm losing the most recently played challenges. Tried to circumvent it by exiting the challenge screen back to the ship and re-entering, but kept having the problem. Now I just go grind for a few minutes or play skystones or something to give it time to save so I don't have to re-do them.

The fact you can go backwards to Spyro's Adventure from Giants is pretty awesome. Ha ha...I just don't trust technology when I go from newer to older. There's always some kind of monkey wrench waiting for me, I swear. So was just trying to head anything unexpected off at the pass. smilie
---
Here we go again...!
#6 Posted: 20:27:37 03/01/2013
Quote: Skylanders Dad
I'm massively impressed and wish there was something like this for me when I was a kid!

I agree, I'm 13 but I wish they had something like this a few years ago, maybe 5 years. All of my friends think it's "g**" (which is the only insult they can come up with) because they're blinded by overrated games like Call of Duty. CoD is great but if my friends had just a bit of common sense they'd know Skylanders is better. I only know 4 people (2 of my cousins who are brothers, and 2 of my neighbors who are sisters, all of them are younger than me) so since this came out when me and my friends are 13 there's not many people for me to play this with.
#7 Posted: 03:18:59 04/01/2013
Next time your friends say that, ask them waht games they play, and if they say call of duty tell them that COD is the least creative and worst thought out video game series ever.
---
31/37 still need:legendary-spyro::legendary-chopchop::legendary-bash:smiliesmiliesmilie For Spyro's Adventure
#8 Posted: 03:44:15 04/01/2013
Quote: LampShadeHead
Next time your friends say that, ask them waht games they play, and if they say call of duty tell them that COD is the least creative and worst thought out video game series ever.

It's not the least creative. I think that games like Madden are least creative. I could be wrong since I absolutely hate sports games unless it's like Mario Tennis or something with specialness. But games like Madden or NHL or whatever are just the same things over and over again, maybe different graphics or different people (derp, people change teams.) I know nothing about sports games though so someone tell me if I'm wrong.
Either way COD is good but definitely lacks creativity. To me it's the same thing with new maps and new guns. That's why I only play Zombies.
#9 Posted: 05:14:31 04/01/2013
Like people go around saying "oh weell it has a good story" and I'm like that doesn't make it good, story usually has no effect on first person shooters, like TF: WFC had an awful story line, but it was fun as hell.
---
#10 Posted: 12:04:19 04/01/2013
I have no clue what TF: WFC is, lol. Story DOES make some things good in my opinion. I haven't played Pokemon in two or three years but now I'm getting back into it because I heard a new Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game was coming out. I only played those games for the story. But it was good all-around, not just the story smilie And yeah, in my school pretty much all of the boys play CoD every day (except for me, I play Skylanders and well, doesn't that make me look cool.) They usually play the campaign, then start playing multiplayer and don't give a crap about the campaign anymore. all I hear is "yo, lets play some quickscopes!" and "OMG IN TRANZIT THERES TELEPORTERS! WHAAAAAAT?!" and "HOLY SHIZGKLDSHA I GOT AN MOABGLGIEQTOHOWREA"
GigaCamo Emerald Sparx Gems: 4288
#11 Posted: 19:50:56 04/01/2013
Funny I'm the first here with an avatar!
#12 Posted: 20:30:33 04/01/2013
Quote: GigaCamo
Funny I'm the first here with an avatar!

lol, I don't know what to use as an avatar
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me