Page 1 of 1
All game audio, sound has gone missing [CLOSED]
JeppeP Red Sparx Gems: 10
#1 Posted: 20:16:08 01/01/2013 | Topic Creator
Hello

I've been playing the PS3 game (Scandinavian version) for a day or two and all seemed to work just fine.
Now some days later I have major audio issue for unknown reason...

When loading the game I hear sound/audio when the logo videos, start-videos etc plays. If I start a new adventure game I also hear the voice from the Skylander guide (the white bearded character) video. But, as soon the video ends and the game starts for real all the audio is gone.

I have no idea what has happened. But it really ruins the experience smilie

All support help I've found at Activision is: http://bit.ly/RrS7RN
I have tried to delete all my game saves (cant see that the game installs game data) etc, but nothing seem to help.

So, I'm happy to all help that can guide me to get the sound and audio back in the game

thanks
Skylanders fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3952
#2 Posted: 20:41:54 01/01/2013
Is there a scratch on the game or (I know this sounds stupid but is any other games audio working) hope this helps
---
Yep still around just not posting much anymore
#3 Posted: 20:53:06 01/01/2013 | Topic Creator
Hi

The game-disc condition is just fine, no scratches, etc.
All other games are also working normal, it is only this game that has the audio issue. And it started with audio but it dissapeared..?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:54:22 01/01/2013 by JeppeP
#4 Posted: 21:01:17 01/01/2013
Where did you get the game and can you return it for a new version of the game
---
#5 Posted: 21:20:22 01/01/2013 | Topic Creator
Ok, I did found a solution after reading some other general PS3 sound issue tips on the net.

What i did was change the HDMI-cable to another HDMI-port (my TV has 3 HDMI inputs)
Now everything works again smilie
#6 Posted: 21:26:08 01/01/2013
Great to here hope everything works
---
LampShadeHead Green Sparx Gems: 145
#7 Posted: 01:12:22 02/01/2013
Sounds like you have a haunted creepy pasta-esque disc my freind.
---
31/37 still need:legendary-spyro::legendary-chopchop::legendary-bash:smiliesmiliesmilie For Spyro's Adventure
CommanderGame Emerald Sparx Gems: 3610
#8 Posted: 03:03:15 02/01/2013
I had a problem like that once, i solved it the same way you did.
#9 Posted: 00:09:01 03/01/2013 | Topic Creator
Yea, well...
Thing is, this day after I should start the game again after playing Dishonored the other evening. Guess what?
The sound is gone again!

Then after some fiddling with turning on/off, I got the sound working again, then it went away again after reboot. It drives me crazy!

So for the moment I can get sound working in some rare randomly times. I need to understand whats causing this.
And by the way, I have changed the hdmi>soundoutput > to only 2 channel mode, but it doesnt help.

And this is the ONLY game that gives me this issue (I have quite few of them)

Any more ideas?
ATVIAssist Blue Sparx Gems: 978
#10 Posted: 06:42:21 12/01/2013
Hi JeppeP,
First, I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing audio issues. Let's try a little troubleshooting. Would you be able to try using another HDMI cable? Is there any particular noise or interference that plays before the sound cuts out? ^SG
---
ATVIassist. Follow us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/ActivisionAssist and Twitter https://twitter.com/ATVIAssist
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me