Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
Do you think the movie is unnecessary? [CLOSED]
Wild Platinum Sparx Gems: 5045
#51 Posted: 16:15:05 06/04/2009
I will see it but I'm not very exicted.

That's all I'm saying...for now.
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6094
#52 Posted: 09:09:13 09/04/2009
I think the movie is a bit unnecessary but not for the reasons most have expressed. What makes the film a bit pointless is that it's based on the LoS games, which themselves were supposed to be like playing a movie. The games themselves did a good enough job of telling the story. It seems like re-telling the exact same story is redundant. But maybe they'll change the ideas around. Who knows? We haven't heard any movie news since it was announced, pretty much.
wanderist Platinum Sparx Gems: 7081
#53 Posted: 15:19:01 09/04/2009
I think that it's unnecessary. What's that point in making a movie based off of ANB?
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#54 Posted: 16:08:44 09/04/2009
Quote: wanderist
I think that it's unnecessary. What's that point in making a movie based off of ANB?

Because they may make a movie for each game... I dunno... It might turn out to be like everyone hates it so then they won't bother to make another one... Which is the reason why they should make the movie ANB and TEN... Because then people want to see what happened after... I mean ANB can just be the end... It didn't end on a cliffhanger or anything... But if they but ANB and TEN together for the movie then it would make a better ending and like a cliff hanger so that would give it a chance for people to want them to make another one... Confusing... Yes smilie
BlackDragonAJ89 Green Sparx Gems: 480
#55 Posted: 21:30:36 09/04/2009
No, it makes some sense actually.
---
"Never argue with a fool; some people can't tell the difference."smilie
Visit my DA pagesmilie
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6094
#56 Posted: 09:34:49 10/04/2009
Quote: wanderist

Because they're hoping to rake in enough money off merchandising to make money hats, and everyone wants their own money hat. smilie
#57 Posted: 04:51:09 11/04/2009
LOL Money hats...

That way, mother Actionvision can make even money in case Guitar Hero falls flat...
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
spyro52 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1746
#58 Posted: 07:08:53 11/04/2009
yes I do think its unnecessary cos they do it with all the games well not al of themsmilieMonsters Vs Alienssmilie
---
Portal 2 is brilliant smilie
crashpro Gold Sparx Gems: 2027
#59 Posted: 10:23:13 14/04/2009
It's as necessary as an American-made Dragon Ball movie.
#60 Posted: 02:59:42 17/04/2009
^THAT...

Can't we just leave the video games alone Hollywood? You guys don't do your research...
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
Cynder_543 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1277
#61 Posted: 11:46:40 13/05/2009
Quote: crashpro
It's as necessary as an American-made Dragon Ball movie.

I liked that Dragon Ball movie.... D:<

I will see the movie. But I doupt I will like it....

Like bionicle2809 said, they should put TEN and ANB together so that it will end on a cliff hanger. It will make people want to see the next one to find out what happens next.
---
The Doom Song
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
Please read my story!
C1nder Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10097
#62 Posted: 01:38:06 08/07/2009
I don't care if the movie's good or bad, I'm still gonna see it, and I'm still gonna get it on DVD. I do kinda think it's unnecessary...the original Spyro series was better than TLoS. There are more Spyro haters now because the Spyro games llook more appealing to older kids but they think it sucks. I don't think TLoS is that bad...but I still like the original series better. I'm also kinda glad that there's a Spyro movie. I've always wanted that to happen! I'm also gonna bring my Spyro plushy to the theater and all of the other kids will get jealous when they see it! They'll all be asking me where I got it from! I think the movie is gonna be great! Especially with the fury attacks in 3D!
Cynder_543 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1277
#63 Posted: 07:11:09 08/07/2009
^ Actually, I think people would tease you because Spyro seems like a game for little kids.... smilie
---
The Doom Song
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
Please read my story!
C1nder Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10097
#64 Posted: 23:10:06 08/07/2009
Quote: Cynder_543
^ Actually, I think people would tease you because Spyro seems like a game for little kids.... smilie

smilieyou say what?smilie
#65 Posted: 04:12:53 09/07/2009
Quote: C1nder
Quote: Cynder_543

smilieyou say what?smilie

Well let's see....

The old stuff has:

- Lots of bright colors.

- Goofy looking characters.

- The music uses Yamaha XG 98 from the PSX (if you've ever heard it, it's laughable to say the most, and it's downright Synthesizeritis).

- It's Easy and Cheezy.

The Legends are:

- Pretty much Walden Media Fantasy. On Shrooms.

- Still Kiddy when you look at say... Starfox.

So yeah, it's a kid's thing, especially in darker and edgier America and Europe.
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#66 Posted: 02:40:14 10/07/2009
This movie is going to phail... it's a terrible idea... we know so little about it I'm beginning to think it will not come to fruition. It will most likely be one of those movies that is either bashed so terribly by critics that it never makes it to DVD or will skip the big screen and release straight on DVD where it STILL won't sell.

I'm sure the good folks at Sierra will disassociate themselves from the movie almost as much as Miyamoto attempted to disassociate himself from the live action Super Mario Bros. film (even the actors in that movie regret being in it!)
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#67 Posted: 03:11:18 10/07/2009
Quote: HIR
This movie is going to phail... it's a terrible idea... we know so little about it I'm beginning to think it will not come to fruition. It will most likely be one of those movies that is either bashed so terribly by critics that it never makes it to DVD or will skip the big screen and release straight on DVD where it STILL won't sell.

I'm sure the good folks at Sierra will disassociate themselves from the movie almost as much as Miyamoto attempted to disassociate himself from the live action Super Mario Bros. film (even the actors in that movie regret being in it!)

True True...
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#68 Posted: 22:49:36 18/07/2009
Quote: BlackDragonAJ89
- The music uses Yamaha XG 98 from the PSX (if you've ever heard it, it's laughable to say the most, and it's downright Synthesizeritis).

And I suppose the first Banjo-Kazooie games used that lovely, live orchestra that Nuts & Bolts got? Synthesizer can be good (*cough*Grunty Battle*cough*). ^_^
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
The Gunslinger Ripto Gems: 477
#69 Posted: 23:38:47 18/07/2009
This movie will only be unncecessary when the guys producing it become richest men in the world. I see this as cashing in, basically. smilie
#70 Posted: 18:23:12 19/07/2009
Quote: HIR
Quote: BlackDragonAJ89

And I suppose the first Banjo-Kazooie games used that lovely, live orchestra that Nuts & Bolts got? Synthesizer can be good (*cough*Grunty Battle*cough*). smilie

Not really. N64 is just as guilty at times, considering its sound card sounded like the Roland 93' sound canvas *gasp*.
---
Visit my DA pagesmilie
cornys Blue Sparx Gems: 665
#71 Posted: 18:52:58 23/07/2009
"Nothing is nessesary there are only consiquinces to everything you do and don't do"
-Me (2005)

So with that said in what sence do you mean necessary?

As it's put no breathing is not nessesary either... lol... but honesly in what sence?
---
The USS Tiger Tank
General (3)
http://www.utanks.com/Referral.aspx?ID=241
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me