Page 1 of 1
question about the wii version [CLOSED]
faunatic Yellow Sparx Gems: 1811
#1 Posted: 01:02:59 13/09/2012 | Topic Creator
faun has skylanders for the ps3, but the ps3 is no longer in faun's possession. the wii version might work, but motion controls are not so great. can anyone tell faun if there is any major use of the sensor bar for the wii version of skylanders? thanks. :)
LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#2 Posted: 01:13:12 13/09/2012
Not really, you just use it for levels which require it for shooting balloons or something. Other than those, if I remember right, you shouldn't need it.
---
but i love it all smooth
#3 Posted: 01:22:49 13/09/2012 | Topic Creator
haha, your dan icon is great. :)

do you (or anyone else) happen to know how the wii version stacks up against the ps3 one? faun will get another ps3 eventually, so if that one's easier to play or anything, it can wait (and faun does still have skylanders for the ps3).
LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#4 Posted: 01:37:09 13/09/2012
Haha, thanks!

I don't have a PS3, sorry I can't be of much help. Hope someone else can answer. I heard more people like the controls for PS3 better though if that means anything.
---
but i love it all smooth
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:37:16 13/09/2012 by LevanJess
nocturnalnathan Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#5 Posted: 02:28:10 13/09/2012
The only motion controls on the Wii are moving the remote to use keys, shaking it to open chests and hats, and pointing it at the screen when you use a cannon. Other, than that, that's about it, as far as I remember.

I haven't played the PS3 version, so I have no idea what it's like, but I do own both the 360 and the Wii versions, and I have to say, the Wii is my favorite of the two. I got the 360 version first and played all the way through it, but I decided to get the Wii version because the Xbox game can get really glitchy and buggy sometimes. I don't know if you experienced and problems like this on the PS3 though. Overall, the Wii just feels like a smoother game. I really hope they make Giants a lot more uniform over all of the different platforms it's released on....
---
"Chicks dig giant robots"
#6 Posted: 02:46:29 13/09/2012 | Topic Creator
the ps3 version didn't have any glitches that faun remembers, though faun didn't get a chance to play much of it. the wireless portal eats up batteries a bit too fast (here's hoping that the rumors of a wired ps3/wii portal are true :)).
DinoHex Blue Sparx Gems: 735
#7 Posted: 03:09:38 13/09/2012
I have the Wii version, and while I haven't played the 360 version, the Wii version is certainly a lot nicer visually. There are certain major key differences with some of the Skylanders though, so certain characters that were amazing on the 360 version (Ghost Roaster, and Drill Sergeant being two of the more famous ones) are nerfed on the Wii game. However in certain cases such as with Eruptor, characters are better on Wii. There's still no definitive list I've found of attack nerfs between versions, so you'll just have to experience them to find out. There are also several other differences that are usually better in the Wii version, but beware of the weapon master glitch on the Wii version. You've probably heard of it, and I'm still not 100% sure how it works, but apparently once you beat level 20, you have to immediately go into level 21, or else you won't be able to talk to the weapon master again, and will basically just have to restart your file. I've heard that it doesn't always happen (it didn't happen to me) but it's better to not take the risk, and just do both levels back to back.
---
smilie smilie and smilie: The three greatest Skylanders out of them all.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me