Page 1 of 1
The Chop Chop Fanclub! [CLOSED]
Nibelilt Ripto Gems: 401
#1 Posted: 10:36:08 23/08/2012 | Topic Creator
I know everyone says he is the weakest... Or the worst.
But I think Chop Chop is the best. That's right... The best. Just THE best. Best character. Best design. Best play. Not the strongest... But he is truly a force to be reckoned with. He's my new favorite.

And both paths are great, too.

Vampiric Warrior is a powerful path. There is no better way to describe it than Death's Saw. All three of Chop Chop's Combos are viable on this path and useful. The A Combo helps you out of tough situations, the B Combo does HUGE damage, and the Z Combo is basically Bone Bramblers (which are very, very dangerous on this path) chained off of your Sword. The Shield is definetly not nearly as useful, but still has a decent niche on this path... Mostly, you'll just be spamming those insane Combos, which are among the best in the game and ridiculously easy to master.

Undead Defender has good foundations. It's a bit weak, but it gives you a neat boost in Shield resistance and the ability to Stun through Shield Bash. This can let you either keep hitting your foe or run away if you have to. The Sword is still a neat attack that can do close range damage with the A Combo if you need it. And Bone Bramblers are more valuable than ever on this path, an excellent compliment to Chop Chop himself. It's notably weaker than it should be, but since he can spam Stun decently, he can get good hits in.

Not to mention, on the 3DS version, Chop Chop is easily one of the best characters in the game. He lacks Bone Bramblers- obviously, it won't be exactly the same- but he gets a much more resistant Shield that damages just by Sprinting. He even hurts enemies from simply Jumping, with his Sword, which has some pretty fine damage in close-ranged combat as well. He is incredibly versatile and fast here.

Chop Chop is NOT the worst Skylander in Story OR Battle.

There are much worse characters... Like both versions of Wrecking Ball, Tesla Dragon Zap, and Harpooner Gill Grunt- All of which are weaker (with the exception of Ultimate Spinner Wrecking Ball who is simply too difficult to use) and not particularly buffed on 3DS.

Bone Bramblers UNITE!
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 13:21:52 28/08/2012 by Nibelilt
Hazard335 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1435
#2 Posted: 11:39:40 23/08/2012
undead defender is def the better path, its the stun attack that makes the difference
dragonmk Blue Sparx Gems: 761
#3 Posted: 13:38:42 23/08/2012
On 3ds he kills epically my first choice then the rest of the undead better then cynder on it sadly on the console main version he has been weakend greatly
---
I havent updated since I don't particularly care but I have gotten all the skylanders except varients only ones are glow Warnado and WERDS
#4 Posted: 14:21:02 23/08/2012 | Topic Creator
All poor Chop Chop needs too is a medium increase to his speed and a good increase to his damage. Heck if his attacks and general speed were faster nothing else would need to be fixed, he would be a DPS Meleeist like but different to Stealth.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#5 Posted: 14:22:01 23/08/2012
HEY
I OWN A TESLA ZAP
AND A HARPOONER GILL GRUNT
Esunmar Green Sparx Gems: 452
#6 Posted: 17:00:41 23/08/2012
On Undead Defender, you utilize the shield and sword. Where as on the sword path,that's basically it.
And you could soley rely on the shield. It'd take a while, though.
---
Life has given me a voracious hunger and all you give me is candy.
So I'm leaving with my legs and my youth even if jealousy kills you.
EgoNaut Yellow Sparx Gems: 1730
#7 Posted: 01:08:05 24/08/2012
Someone else (I think it was Earth-Dragon) brought up on the tier list thread that the use of Undead Defender Chop Chop in PvP is viable against other low-tier characters, although the margin for error is small.

On another note, one of the reasons i'm excited about 'Giants is the prospect that Toys For Bob may do some re-balancing. This could mean that characters considered weak in 'Spyro's Adventure, such as Chop Chop, could get buffed in the sequel.
---
S1: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
S2: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
S3: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SpyraArtisan Blue Sparx Gems: 609
#8 Posted: 02:11:17 24/08/2012
Personally, I love CC. He's my best Undead, besides Cynder(p). Since I'm USED TO MELEE, I can do really good damage at good times with him.
princessluna409 Green Sparx Gems: 469
#9 Posted: 03:24:56 24/08/2012
I love Cynder alot, but when she dies, I put Chop Chop on. If you just do some speed heroics, he isn't so bad.
---
Mah life be like pugs
My dream is to be a pretty princess in a rainbow castle
#10 Posted: 03:37:44 24/08/2012
I say smilie is best undead Skylander down Skull Master path.
#11 Posted: 06:46:37 24/08/2012 | Topic Creator
Not on Wii. Fear Eater is best undead on Wii. The Skull Charge only hits each enemy once there, greatly nerfing him.
Hazard335 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1435
#12 Posted: 11:50:15 24/08/2012
Neather Welder Cynder is by far the best undead.
the Dash attack keep you at a safe distance and the lightning dos alot of damage fast over a wide spread area.
DinoHex Blue Sparx Gems: 735
#13 Posted: 19:01:48 24/08/2012
Even though Chop-Chop isn't that great, I still really like his figure, and play as him quite a lot despite his lackluster abilities. I like playing as characters with swords, so I don't mind if Chop-Chop isn't that strong. Playing as Chop-Chop makes the game feel more like Ys Seven for PSP. Just add some Ys Seven music and play as Chop-Chop, and BOOM! An Ys Seven style game targeted towards kids. smilie
---
smilie smilie and smilie: The three greatest Skylanders out of them all.
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#14 Posted: 13:11:43 26/08/2012
My leagendary Chop Chop down the sword path almost got my friends Terrafin in battle mode. Terrafin only had 15 health leaft and Terrafin was fully upgraded down the punch path and level 10. Plus his attacks may not do much damage but he is fast. Just like how one laser blast of Drobot or one golden bullet of Trigger Happy doesn't do much damage, but when stacked are destructive.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
#15 Posted: 16:59:38 26/08/2012
Another thing people don't seem to take advantage of with Chop-Chop on the Vampiric Warrior path is the Arkeyan Leap combo. (A,A, Hold Z) Sure it launches the bone attack, but it's really meant for quickly jumping out of the way of attacks. It's an evasive maneuver, and it also speeds things up a lot while walking around as Chop-Chop. Makes him a lot more useful if you can learn how to use it right.

Chop-Chop is one of those characters like Slam-Bam that relies on properly learning how to use his combos, but Chop-Chops combos don't take as long to actually use as Slam-Bam's. Chop-Chop is a character that's actually more fun to use in story mode than most other characters BECAUSE he isn't so overpowered. Playing as a character like watermelon Camo is just boring. Playing as a decent character that requires a bit of skill to properly use is overall more fun.

Edit: Made some silly Chop-Chop fanart just because. Did I mention I really like Chop-Chop? smilie

[User Posted Image]
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 04:17:28 27/08/2012 by DinoHex
#16 Posted: 06:01:24 27/08/2012 | Topic Creator
This topic is now Chop Chop Fanclub. smilie

And Chop Chop's Bone Bramblers in general aren't used enough. They hit for only 17 damage each, sure, but they're fairly comfortable to use and hit A LOT!
torus555 Green Sparx Gems: 171
#17 Posted: 08:02:04 27/08/2012
personally i think chop chop is not as good as the other undead but he is useful for getting out of a tight spot although my favourite undead would be hex but i'm getting cynder later today though so i can see how good she is, i have ghost roaster already and even though im not on wii i still think he isn't very good
---
Polistes1 buzz buzz a diddle it
http://www.flickr.com/photos/53503951@N02/
Only need wham shell and legendaries
Reaganag Blue Sparx Gems: 878
#18 Posted: 14:28:22 27/08/2012
Chop Chop can beat Camo. All he has to do is use his shield for almost the whole time, and when Camo tries to use his melons, walk up and destroy the melons, The melons count as enemies, so Chop Chop then gains a lot of life back, while attacking Camo at the same time.
---
Awesome avatar by nintendofan92!
Have waves 1,2,3, and 4
andy2467 Blue Sparx Gems: 880
#19 Posted: 15:43:47 27/08/2012
in the wii chop chop does 20 damage a hit down vampiric but in the kaos fight and creepy citadel fight clone chop chop (kaos') does 80 damage a hit!
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#20 Posted: 17:11:16 27/08/2012
Quote: andy2467
in the wii chop chop does 20 damage a hit down vampiric but in the kaos fight and creepy citadel fight clone chop chop (kaos') does 80 damage a hit!

I notice a lot of people point that out. It's funny because all of Kaos' skylanders do more damage than their real counterparts, but with Chop-Chop it's such a huge difference that people only seem to notice that one. smilie Also the Zook clone's shrapnel works differently than the real one's.

Another great part of Chop-Chop is that he's one of those characters that looks really acrobatic while fighting. He reminds me a lot of when I play Kirby Super Star with Yo-Yo Kirby and try to take out enemies in cool ways using the combos. All of Chop-Chops combos really flow together during battles, and it makes him one of the more satisfying characters to play as since you're frequently using all three attack buttons.

Overall a very underrated character.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:08:31 27/08/2012 by DinoHex
#21 Posted: 08:42:38 28/08/2012 | Topic Creator
I've just played him in battle just quickly against totally upgraded Medea smilie and Moneybags smilie- down Vampiric Warrior with just Speed Heroics done and no hats whatsoever- and I feel practically insulted that people think he is weakest or worst now! Chop Chop is a Death saw, he murdered both easily and quickly, and this was against a very, very skilled player of them! Combos are highly effective, agile, and easy to get out of, and Bone Bramblers give him solid long-range coverage. Shield is actually still usable in niche situations in this path. Chop Chop is the most single handedly underrated character in the game and now officially my new favorite. Bone Bramblers unite!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:45:32 28/08/2012 by Nibelilt
Jackson117 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3875
#22 Posted: 11:49:46 28/08/2012
Chop Chop once challenged Ignitor to a duel, some say they are still fighting out there
#23 Posted: 14:00:36 28/08/2012
smilie is best undead on XBOX 360.
I have a vampric warrior choppy.
He will go head to head with ALL my skylanders.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me