Page 1 of 1
Why is Cynder Considered so Awesome? [CLOSED]
DinoHex Blue Sparx Gems: 735
#1 Posted: 02:13:22 19/08/2012 | Topic Creator
So today I finally found two Cynder three packs at a Toys R Us Express, and picked one of them up. Cynder was the last Skylander I had never played as before, and I kept hearing that she was not only the best Undead character, but one of the best characters in the game. I get home and turn on the game ready to finally have an undead character that's worth playing as, I level her up and upgrade her lightning path like everyone told me to, and all I have to say is "is that it?"

Cynder isn't all that fantastic, and I'm genuinely wondering if it has something to do with playing the Wii version of the game. Is she one of those characters that's nerfed on the Wii? Because as Cynder is right now, Sunburn can do pretty much everything Cynder can do down her lightning path, but far better. (Except fly, but that really doesn't bother me like it does most people)

Heck, even her figure isn't all that great compared to the other Undead characters. I'm curious if her popularity is just because she's a Spyro character, or if there's something I'm missing.
---
smilie smilie and smilie: The three greatest Skylanders out of them all.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:14:25 19/08/2012 by DinoHex
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#2 Posted: 02:27:29 19/08/2012
It's because of her popularity from the Legend of Spyro series. Most fans like her because of her love relationship with Spyro in the Legend series, her personality or her tragic past. Though certain fans make Cynder sound like an overrated character.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:42:57 19/08/2012 by Aura24
Nibelilt Ripto Gems: 401
#3 Posted: 02:29:02 19/08/2012
Because Nether Welder is bad on Wii but Shadowdancer is good.

Nether Welder is only great on PSC360; most people tend to overlook and denote this as they only play that version. In turn, Shadowdancer is nerfed there instead.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:29:26 19/08/2012 by Nibelilt
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#4 Posted: 02:40:51 19/08/2012
I felt the same way about Cynder at first, people were hyping her up so much, but when I got her she seemed a little weak. Her breath doesn't hit very hard, her dash doesn't seem to damage at all, her third attack is "wasted" on flight...
But as I upgraded her I noticed that her lightning passes through objects, and can quite easily hit things at different elevations.
And her dash still does very little if any damage, but where most other Skylanders would be unable to get free when cornered by enemies, she just zips right under them!
Her soul gem doesn't seem that great, just a little extra damage for enemies that take several hits to kill. It does attack, even if it feels like it doesn't.

I play on the 360, so I don't know how different she is on Wii.
---
#all Spyros are valid
LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#5 Posted: 02:44:00 19/08/2012
At first I thought this was another "CYNDER IS AWSUM!!!!!" topic and I was like NO.

Anyway some, if not most, of her fame comes from her fans from LoS I guess. Or because she's a dragon. Not saying all of them do (because IMO she does have some fairly fun gameplay), but come on, you gotta admit at least SOME of her fans like her because of LoS.
---
but i love it all smooth
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 02:45:48 19/08/2012 by LevanJess
Archae Emerald Sparx Gems: 4182
#6 Posted: 03:18:29 19/08/2012
Well, Cynder does appear to be more like how most of us saw dragons growing up.

Her juiced-up powers are pretty effective.

She does have the LoS storyline that is rather tragic, compared to Spyro's almost idyllic childhood.
---
Gunter glieben glauten globen...
GigaCamo Emerald Sparx Gems: 4288
#7 Posted: 03:32:40 19/08/2012
Like smilie togeather
#8 Posted: 03:55:31 19/08/2012 | Topic Creator
The only Spyro game I played before I played Skylanders was "The Eternal Night" on GBA, (which was actually really awesome despite what most people say about the console game) so I guess I don't really understand what makes Cynder so popular in that regard. I don't know her backstory I guess.

I've also tried her on the other path now, and while she is better on that path, she's still not super fantastic. Though I do like how she's able to just slide through enemies with her dash attack and get out of situations where you get trapped.
---
Nibelilt Ripto Gems: 401
#9 Posted: 03:57:47 19/08/2012
Fear Eater Ghost Roaster is a good close alternative if you can afford his pack, he's more defensively oriented and doesn't deal damage in Ectoplasm though. Sandhog Terrafin is a semi-alternative- the burrow makes him invincible and deal damage, but he gets punches and homing sharks.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:26:47 19/08/2012 by Nibelilt
Earth-Dragon Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#10 Posted: 08:19:48 19/08/2012
When many of us evaluate skylanders, we do it on a PvP basis. PvE is so easy in this game, pick any 8 skylanders from each of the elements and you can breeze through the game. So if you find someone not quite as good in PvE, that's why they may appear overrated. In PvP, she is no where near overrated, and may be underrated on the shadow dancer path.
---
Glad heroic challenges are gone. Imagine doing 165 per skylander. That's 27225 challenges. No thank you.
Capoeira Blue Sparx Gems: 585
#11 Posted: 07:41:44 06/09/2012
She's pretty average. I know some people really like how her lightning attack can go through walls though.
Himewad Yellow Sparx Gems: 1819
#12 Posted: 17:00:59 06/09/2012
Quote: Capoeira
She's pretty average. I know some people really like how her lightning attack can go through walls though.

Agreed
---
BEST PILOT IN ALL OF SKYLANDS ... WAIT FOR IT ... BOOM!
Ice Dragoness Diamond Sparx Gems: 7896
#13 Posted: 17:45:27 06/09/2012
It's because she was in 3 previous Spyro games.

The people here who joined for Spyro are mainly the ones who obsess over her because she is one of the few Spyro related things left in the game.

I personally lover her, love the figure, the game play, the design...
I lover her in the previous games too. smilie

Also she has one of the best shown personalities of the Skylanders. She talks and says interesting lines.
She doesn't just grunt or scream.
Voltara Blue Sparx Gems: 538
#14 Posted: 19:50:13 06/09/2012
I love cynder, i think she was a little under rated when "The legend of spyro" Trigoligy came out.
---
As the sun lowers...Darkness moves in...The night has risen on my broken soul. I will be lost before the dawn...
LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#15 Posted: 20:22:28 06/09/2012
Quote: Voltara
I love cynder, i think she was a little under rated when "The legend of spyro" Trigoligy came out.

no
more like the opposite
---
but i love it all smooth
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:23:21 06/09/2012 by LevanJess
D-Rex Blue Sparx Gems: 815
#16 Posted: 20:28:36 06/09/2012
Quote: Voltara

Cynder? Underrated?

---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
andy2467 Blue Sparx Gems: 880
#17 Posted: 21:27:00 06/09/2012
Quote: Nibelilt
Because Nether Welder is bad on Wii but Shadowdancer is good.

Nether Welder is only great on PSC360; most people tend to overlook and denote this as they only play that version. In turn, Shadowdancer is nerfed there instead.

u play on the wii cool me 2
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
princessluna409 Green Sparx Gems: 469
#18 Posted: 21:31:01 06/09/2012
^ Stay on topic. Anyways, I love her, but ya it's legend of spyro that makes her popular, and what path you put her on.
---
Mah life be like pugs
My dream is to be a pretty princess in a rainbow castle
andy2467 Blue Sparx Gems: 880
#19 Posted: 21:32:59 06/09/2012
Quote: princessluna409
^ Stay on topic. Anyways, I love her, but ya it's legend of spyro that makes her popular, and what path you put her on.

sorry but i like cynder in the older games but in skylanders i dont really like her
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Dunkin Yellow Sparx Gems: 1066
#20 Posted: 22:11:12 06/09/2012
I'll admit I like Cynder, but she's not the best in my opinion. My fave of the Undeads is "Chop Chop" and will continue to be. Though she is my second fave.

Most of her popularity stems from her being in the "Legend" series. She was pretty awesome in those (And I'm not the biggest Legend of Spyro fan). She made the games semi worth playing.
Plus she's a dragon..seems as though the dragon skylanders are among the most popular.

But yeah I mean, I was a bit unsatisfied with her abilities, I was; like you. Expecting alot more out of her than I got. Her lightning breath path is better by far than her other attack. But its still not near as powerful as some of the other skylanders.

So yeah there's my 0.2: She's just popular among the Spyro fan crowd. She's always had a huge flock of fans even before this game came out. So its not that surprising really.

I do have to admit though, I love the figure itself. Not sure why but meh.
---
I <3 all Spyro games!smilie
Voltara Blue Sparx Gems: 538
#21 Posted: 00:54:15 07/09/2012
I did not use to like her at all, but i was just starting to play spyro.
---
As the sun lowers...Darkness moves in...The night has risen on my broken soul. I will be lost before the dawn...
#22 Posted: 01:52:02 08/09/2012 | Topic Creator
Over time I've actually learned to really love the figure. Not sure why I didn't like it at first, but it's one of the nicest figures of the whole set actually. Guess I was still bitter about the let down gameplay-wise from the overhype. smilie Though I have to say she doesn't look anywhere near as happy in the in-game models. :/
---
kirby181 Red Sparx Gems: 67
#23 Posted: 05:25:18 08/09/2012
I believe Shadow Dancer is one of the best PvP characters. Why? All you really have to do is spam her dash, and you're nearly invincible. Heck, Cynder can even beat up Pook Blade Saint Stealth Elf.
shadowstrike Ripto Gems: 199
#24 Posted: 06:48:35 13/09/2012
i love cynder she is sexy
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me