First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3
Pokemon or skylanders [CLOSED]
azz01 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#51 Posted: 11:18:25 12/07/2012
I love both but Pokémon (Pocket Monsters) has had my heart from the beginning
---
Call me the penguin man for that is who I am. Also stan LOOΠΔ!
GigaCamo Emerald Sparx Gems: 4288
#52 Posted: 12:09:19 12/07/2012
Skylanders forever pokemons going some fast
Madhouse1 Green Sparx Gems: 450
#53 Posted: 13:43:11 12/07/2012
I'm still playing Pokemon mystery dungeon
---
Right now I'm willing to battle people on Super Smash Bros Brawl
spyrodadragon Green Sparx Gems: 490
#54 Posted: 13:43:58 12/07/2012
Quote: Aquatic Llama
Quote: LevanJess
^ I agree with that last statement (when it comes to the new Pokemon), I liked 1 and 2 most. I still love the others too (I still need Black though..) but I always play Gen 1 and 2. (:

No school like the old school.

i support this
---
everyone spam this now Posted Image: http://cdn.memegenerator.net/i...0x/30597908.jpg
or the enderman will kill you
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#55 Posted: 13:46:04 12/07/2012
i had a pokemon before i heard about skylanders... then i got skylanders.. it was much better than pokemon, so i burnt them and buried them in garden. hope dog dont find them but i doubt it.
#56 Posted: 13:49:43 12/07/2012
pokemon isn't that bad^
---
everyone spam this now Posted Image: http://cdn.memegenerator.net/i...0x/30597908.jpg
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#57 Posted: 13:50:52 12/07/2012
im over it, its skylanders now much better^
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:51:24 12/07/2012 by kappapopm
Aquatic Llama Green Sparx Gems: 436
#58 Posted: 15:58:49 12/07/2012
Quote: kappapopm
im over it, its skylanders now much better^

^This. Pokemon just feels stale now.
hawkeye2188 Red Sparx Gems: 28
#59 Posted: 16:06:17 12/07/2012
Quote: Ed On Cynder
Skylanders is awesome but Pokemon will never leave my heart.

Agreed, I think Pokemon was my first real addiction to games/toys way back when blue and red came out.
Aquatic Llama Green Sparx Gems: 436
#60 Posted: 16:10:14 12/07/2012
Quote: hawkeye2188
Quote: Ed On Cynder
Skylanders is awesome but Pokemon will never leave my heart.

Agreed, I think Pokemon was my first real addiction to games/toys way back when blue and red came out.

I remember when I first started playing. I was obbsessed! Used to have a huge pile of Pokemon cards but then gave them to my little brother.
pigman50 Green Sparx Gems: 294
#61 Posted: 19:36:52 12/07/2012
I love both games, but Pokemon is better. The thing with skylanders is that there's not a lot to do with your character after it is level 10 and fully upgraded. Pokemon however, allows much more customisation, thanks to being able to choose the moves for your Pokemon, and all the things that can affect stats. For example, a Kingdra could be a physical attacker with moves like Outrage, or you could train it to be defensive, or speedy...

Another factor is how long it takes to train your characters. Once most of the trophies are obtained, a skylander can be maxed out in less than 20 minutes. On Pokemon, getting a Pokemon to level 100 takes patience, unless you use a cheat device, but that just ruins the point of the game. I have been playing Heart Gold for over 200 hours, and yet my highest level is a level 70 Tyranitar. Well, I did transfer my best six to Black at one point, but that was still over 200 hours and none of them were level 100. But you get the idea. They should have made skylanders harder to train, or given them more levels than 10 (15 in Giants is not a significant increase).
---
AoSTH quote of the week:
Quote: Sonic (At Robotnik)
Well this is a switch! A whale carrying a harpoon!

#62 Posted: 19:51:53 12/07/2012
Quote: pigman50
I love both games, but Pokemon is better. The thing with skylanders is that there's not a lot to do with your character after it is level 10 and fully upgraded. Pokemon however, allows much more customisation, thanks to being able to choose the moves for your Pokemon, and all the things that can affect stats. For example, a Kingdra could be a physical attacker with moves like Outrage, or you could train it to be defensive, or speedy...

Another factor is how long it takes to train your characters. Once most of the trophies are obtained, a skylander can be maxed out in less than 20 minutes. On Pokemon, getting a Pokemon to level 100 takes patience, unless you use a cheat device, but that just ruins the point of the game. I have been playing Heart Gold for over 200 hours, and yet my highest level is a level 70 Tyranitar. Well, I did transfer my best six to Black at one point, but that was still over 200 hours and none of them were level 100. But you get the idea. They should have made skylanders harder to train, or given them more levels than 10 (15 in Giants is not a significant increase).

Exactly.Plus in pokémon you feel proud when you win that gym badge,when you become the champion and catch em' all.Unlike skylanders when you buy em' all which is satisfying but thats all the satisfaction you get.But I still love both of them.
---
#63 Posted: 20:39:52 12/07/2012
Quote: azz01

Exactly.Plus in pokémon you feel proud when you win that gym badge,when you become the champion and catch em' all.Unlike skylanders when you buy em' all which is satisfying but thats all the satisfaction you get.But I still love both of them.

this! truth
---
pigman50 Green Sparx Gems: 294
#64 Posted: 20:47:17 12/07/2012

This is what I love about hard games. When you finally complete the challenge you were stuck on for ages, you get that rush of euphoria that others don't understand. A really good game arranges the difficulty to avoid too much frustration, but also avoids the game being over too quickly. In Pokemon, there are very tough challenges, however the player can become stronger to tackle the challenge. The excitement you feel after completing something you have been stuck on for ages is unquestionable (Like me beating Cynthia in Pokemon Platinum for the first time).

However, in Skylanders, the main storyline of the game is short, easy, and slightly cliche. There are no truly tough challenges, as even the final boss is easily beaten if you have enough skylanders. Skylanders is more about collecting the figures and training them and of course, battling. Without PvP, Skylanders would not be nearly as good as it is. But in my opinion, Pokemon is a better series. The games are very well thought out and clever. Many people say that Pokemon is childish, but then again, those many people won't play anything that doesn't involves mindlessly firing bullets at horrific undead abominations while spraying blood everywhere. Pokemon requires clever thinking and strategic tactics for the player to succeed. Skylanders requires little strategy, however the humourous jokes and cartoonish graphics are certain to cheer you up, while games like Call of Duty are just depressing.
---
AoSTH quote of the week:
Quote: Sonic (At Robotnik)
Well this is a switch! A whale carrying a harpoon!

#65 Posted: 11:59:35 13/07/2012

This is what I love about hard games. When you finally complete the challenge you were stuck on for ages, you get that rush of euphoria that others don't understand. A really good game arranges the difficulty to avoid too much frustration, but also avoids the game being over too quickly. In Pokemon, there are very tough challenges, however the player can become stronger to tackle the challenge. The excitement you feel after completing something you have been stuck on for ages is unquestionable (Like me beating Cynthia in Pokemon Platinum for the first time).

However, in Skylanders, the main storyline of the game is short, easy, and slightly cliche. There are no truly tough challenges, as even the final boss is easily beaten if you have enough skylanders. Skylanders is more about collecting the figures and training them and of course, battling. Without PvP, Skylanders would not be nearly as good as it is. But in my opinion, Pokemon is a better series. The games are very well thought out and clever. Many people say that Pokemon is childish, but then again, those many people won't play anything that doesn't involves mindlessly firing bullets at horrific undead abominations while spraying blood everywhere. Pokemon requires clever thinking and strategic tactics for the player to succeed. Skylanders requires little strategy, however the humourous jokes and cartoonish graphics are certain to cheer you up, while games like Call of Duty are just depressing.

And remember after you complete a pokemon game there is always side quests and many other stuff to do
---
ShadowMewX Diamond Sparx Gems: 8081
#66 Posted: 23:01:36 13/07/2012

And remember after you complete a pokemon game there is always side quests and many other stuff to do

Oh, yes. My exact point. In fact, Skylanders is getting sort of boring since all of mine are level 10 and still need cash!! I've actually just picked up Pokemon again. Can't wait for White II and White Kyurem!
---
Let's bust bunsen burners and bounce!
pokemonmaster Blue Sparx Gems: 855
#67 Posted: 02:40:17 05/12/2012 | Topic Creator
POKEMON EQUALS CHAMPION!
---
own all but smilie and no variants besides red smilieFor giants I have tree Rex pop fizz jetvac and s2 cynder
I LIKE POKEMON!! AND IM PROUD !!
Victormaru Green Sparx Gems: 251
#68 Posted: 05:13:40 05/12/2012
Guys, imagine if another company stole the whole Skylanders idea and made a Pokémon game with it...imagine how many figures and rare toys we'd have to look for and collect. And imagine how much money that company would make. That would be the most genius idea in the entire world in terms of both marketing and awesomeness! Imagine how much a Mewtwo would be worth!
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 05:14:19 05/12/2012 by Victormaru
Ryanator20x6 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1848
#69 Posted: 12:09:07 05/12/2012
I love them both so much!
---
Hello from Seattle

ask.fm/RyanNeely889
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#70 Posted: 03:50:32 09/12/2012
SKYLANDERS
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
D-Rex Blue Sparx Gems: 815
#71 Posted: 05:45:52 09/12/2012
while games like Call of Duty are just depressing.

Because of the damage they're doing to the industry? smilie
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Kevinvert Gold Sparx Gems: 2146
#72 Posted: 15:40:26 09/12/2012
both!!!
---
Team Hot Dog!
King_Pika Blue Sparx Gems: 544
#73 Posted: 20:12:46 09/12/2012
Pokemon.

Anyone sayong Pokemon's story is bland has never played Black/White. N is so kawaii desu.
---
"Regretting never, our dreams will be... Halfway to forever! Our light comes shining through. Reach down deep, big defeat. Do all that we can do!"
PearlHex Green Sparx Gems: 345
#74 Posted: 01:59:47 13/12/2012
I enjoy both smilie
---
"Fear the Dark"
Seasonofice99 Red Sparx Gems: 77
#75 Posted: 10:06:37 14/12/2012
Quote: Madhouse1
Pokemon got old because I cheated close to the max I'll battle anyone who wants to exange friend codes though

I have to say one thing

NOOB!!!!

Quote: Nibelilt
Have you played SoulSilver or HeartGold? They take place in Gen 2's region and are arguably the best in the series. You can walk with any Pokemon and talk to them, you get to travel two regions, and there's plenty to do once you beat the Elite Four(Pokéathlon, beating Red, etc.). I do agree the regions have been getting more lackluster though... They're just more linear now. Especially Unova.

Emerald is better IMO
---
Penguins Are Evil!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:08:46 14/12/2012 by Seasonofice99
judasghost Blue Sparx Gems: 676
#76 Posted: 13:01:55 14/12/2012
as an adult, i'm going to go with pokemon simply because it costs less money and takes up less space. i've spent probably near a thousand bucks on S:SA & S:G games and figurines. sure the real world hunt is more exciting, but i've got 3 boxes stacked up full of sealed singles & adventure packs that my wife nags about often.
---
37/37 (as of 8/15/12) ... 3/4 sidekicks (as of 8/17/12) ... 4th sidekick came in 8/22/12
5/8 giants .. 5/8 new guys .. 2/8 light core .. 1/? battle packs
zookinator Platinum Sparx Gems: 5694
#77 Posted: 13:37:53 14/12/2012
Yeah. Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, I daresay, outdoes the entire third generation and fifth generation. I don't understand why people hate it so much, and it's a great change of pace for those of us who get bored with the main games. (*stares at postgame Unova*)

Have you played SoulSilver or HeartGold? They take place in Gen 2's region and are arguably the best in the series. You can walk with any Pokemon and talk to them, you get to travel two regions, and there's plenty to do once you beat the Elite Four(Pokéathlon, beating Red, etc.). I do agree the regions have been getting more lackluster though... They're just more linear now. Especially Unova.

You two have both said it. Nibe, or is now GamingMaster76, you are correct about Pokémon Mystery Dungeon. I own Blue Rescue Team and Explorers of Time, and each one, to myself, is a great game any Pokémon fan would love. And to you again, yes I also believe that HeartGold and SoulSilver are the best of the entire Pokémon Series. Even the PokeWalker was fun!
---
Skylanders Colosseum Clash
A Fanmade Skylanders Boardgame
King_Pika Blue Sparx Gems: 544
#78 Posted: 21:36:32 14/12/2012
HG and SS are my least favorite
- Skimpy, non-linear region (Johto) that was downsized for Kanto
- Took away MY Contests.
- Boring Pokemon selection
- HORRIBLE Level Pasing - This is the worst. I don't want LV. 17 Pokemon after the 4th Gym.
---
"Regretting never, our dreams will be... Halfway to forever! Our light comes shining through. Reach down deep, big defeat. Do all that we can do!"
Thelawtman Red Sparx Gems: 47
#79 Posted: 12:55:55 16/12/2012
Skylanders for sure. I have been playing Pokemon since the first week it came to Canada and to be honest it just gets boring every game is the same, it is obvious that they are lacking in ideas for new Pokemon because what they are coming up with now is just silly. The last decent Pokemon game was silver/gold and the remakes were good but really story wise the same old same old.
Skylanders is a fresher idea, you can actually touch and feel the figures you are collecting and use. It makes it a lot more personal. The story line is simple, but, with the voice acting and actually being able to play it on a console not just game boy it makes it a lot more entertaining. I kind of wish that they would just stop Pokemon and just re invente the whole series.
crystalhero37 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5332
#80 Posted: 13:12:41 16/12/2012
I know I have posted already, but that was when I first joined, A.K.A when I was a noob.

I prefer pokemon because it was the only thing I really liked when little, I watched the anime first, not knowing it was a game, when I played my first pokemon game, I felt like it was my pokemon, it was special. I felt like my dream was come true in a way.

With Skylanders, I loved the moment I put spyro on the portal, the line "Spyro, you're back!" made me happy, I won't forget it.
it was different, but I felt like i didn't 'own' them, it was like helping them, i still love the game, but pokemon means much more to me, the games have the same plot, but when they change it, all the fans go crazy saying that gamefreak are idiots.

There is my five cents.
pokemonmaster Blue Sparx Gems: 855
#81 Posted: 02:30:03 19/12/2012 | Topic Creator
Pokemon wins
---
own all but smilie and no variants besides red smilieFor giants I have tree Rex pop fizz jetvac and s2 cynder
I LIKE POKEMON!! AND IM PROUD !!
SadVlad Green Sparx Gems: 200
#82 Posted: 05:14:47 20/12/2012
Pokemon is going no where, FAST! I love it but, always have, but its time to pass the torch. It seems like to me every gen of pkmn is getting less origonal. And now if you want a pkmn you can just cheat... If you want it to be shiny... just cheat... But with Skylanders you have to work for it, and actually hunt for it. I believe pkmn is one of the greatest ever, a real classic but they are getting stale. I feel that pkmn needs to just retire and end an amazing legacy before they milk the great name of Pokemon so much that they ruine one of the most amazing games ever. There are real world legendary's and rare skylanders making these little guys a physical collection to obtain that you can't cheat to get, unlike pkmn. I like the thrill of collecting and finding skylanders, so they get my vote in a heart beat. No contest.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
slambam104 Gold Sparx Gems: 2464
#83 Posted: 13:02:11 28/12/2012
pokemon in one way. skylanders in the other.
fireofexile Blue Sparx Gems: 703
#84 Posted: 01:58:09 29/12/2012
This is a tough decision. I haven't played Pokemon in a long time. But I can still remember the thrill I felt when I got my first shiny Pokemon. I would spend hours, sometimes even days searching for the same Pokemon, shiny or not, and when I happened to find it I'd be filled with excitement and that would just drive me to play more.
Skylanders gives me a different feeling. That moment when you put your Skylander on the Portal of Power for the first time, I feel a sort of bond with it. As if it was me, and only me, that brought my Skylander to life, and I felt as if nobody else had the power to do what I had just done. In Skylanders, you don't change characters every single time you play a different Skylanders game. You don't start fresh like every single time you buy a new Pokemon game. You ARE the Portal Master. Although there's millions like you, in your game, YOU will always be the Portal Master.
When you start a new Pokemon game, it's not a new character. It's a whole new world. I played HeartGold and had weeks of playtime. Then when Black and White came out, it was a new world. I wasn't able to transfer my Pokemon because I wasn't at that point in the game yet, and I never got to that point. There are some times where you want to start over in Pokemon, but that definitely wasn't the time I wanted. I get sick of the game whenever that happens to me.
Skylanders of the first game will work in every game after. Not like Pokemon where you can't get your Gold and Silver Pokemon over to Diamond and Pearl. In Skylanders you can just play without having to worry about a new beginning, because there will NEVER be a new beginning until you want one.
But then there's Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. As I was the main character in that game, similar to Skylanders, I felt a new connection to the characters within the game as if I was a part of their world, and they were depending on me to help them. I don't have any Mystery Dungeon Games anymore (I hate washing machines) but those were my favorite.
At the moment I prefer Skylanders, but if another Mystery Dungeon game comes out, I'd jump all over it.
EDIT: I also find battles in Pokemon boring. It's pretty much rock paper scissors where I use paper and everybody else just uses scissors... I wish Pokemon battles were more like Skylanders.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:01:33 29/12/2012 by fireofexile
goldbashmaster Green Sparx Gems: 170
#85 Posted: 18:57:24 29/12/2012
Pokemon 4 Life.
---
Live to scalp, scalp to live.
whirlwind fan Platinum Sparx Gems: 5748
#86 Posted: 23:31:00 29/12/2012
I would have to say pokemon, but skylanders is still one of my favs.
voodood90 Blue Sparx Gems: 973
#87 Posted: 16:01:10 30/12/2012
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
---
Haters gonna hate
Bakers gonna bake
Elevators gonna elevate
skylanders4315 Red Sparx Gems: 96
#88 Posted: 21:37:23 30/12/2012
Thou i like Skylanders more, think of it like this. here is how u get new characters/monsters in each game:

Trainer caught a Magikarp
Portalmaster spent £8.99 on Boomer

lol
fireofexile Blue Sparx Gems: 703
#89 Posted: 21:45:21 30/12/2012
*hears about Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity*
I changed my mind. POOOOOOKEMOOOON
sniper52 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1306
#90 Posted: 21:56:17 30/12/2012
Pokemon
---
HAISHFTAYADGHpenisHDGNADGITUGDUAHD
spyro and sonic Diamond Sparx Gems: 8318
#91 Posted: 21:47:01 23/02/2013
Holy damn when was this bumped? Many months later I still choose Pokemon.(though by a lesser margin)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:49:36 23/02/2013 by spyro and sonic
happy81555 Green Sparx Gems: 175
#92 Posted: 19:54:39 04/03/2013
both but i love skylanders a tiny bit more
---
im randon, deal with it! smilie
smilievolts and lightning!smilie smilie
LloydDXZX Yellow Sparx Gems: 1637
#93 Posted: 05:05:34 21/04/2013
Skylanders but I really like Pokemon! Pikachu is so cute!
---
Imaginators is making it revive.
Ninpire Gold Sparx Gems: 2951
#94 Posted: 18:35:48 21/04/2013
yeeeaaa.....pokemon because each pokemon is a little bit different than another one of the same species and i sort of disagree of the pokemon ideas getting stale, they are coming up with good ideas it is just that compared to the older ones the new ones just seem weird (i dont exactly like the new mewtwo form) but skylanders is still fun, just pokemon has more games and there are more than just the normal pokemon games there are mystery dungeon games to (i love these things) so yup pokemon it is
TorchSheep Emerald Sparx Gems: 3251
#95 Posted: 21:32:39 21/04/2013
Pokemon, easily.
Doomslicer Gold Sparx Gems: 2037
#96 Posted: 02:48:05 23/04/2013
I guess ultimately Skylanders. It's new, original, admittedly the plot isn't that great, and I prefer pixels to cgi, but still, fun, new, whole family can play it, and it's not overly addicting.
I lost over 600 hours of my life to Heartgold, and probably at least 50 to ruby (which broke before i finished). Pokemon's nice, but has gotten somewhat boring (I do play the Pixelmon mod on minecraft though).
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
GigaCamo Emerald Sparx Gems: 4288
#97 Posted: 18:08:10 24/04/2013
Pokemon is overated especially Pikachu and Mew
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#98 Posted: 20:31:59 25/04/2013
I like both but i like Skylanders lots more
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me