Page 1 of 1
Great Way to Save for Giants [CLOSED]
Rand O M Gold Sparx Gems: 2223
#1 Posted: 04:32:11 06/06/2012 | Topic Creator
Ok, I don't wanna hear any oh this is so freaking dumb and what the hell were you thinking type of comments. I am trying to help people who might need some extra money for giants. This is the time to gather your video games you don'tlay anymore.

I don't know if you guys know but GameStop is doing this trade in promo. Basically, bring 3 games=$10 more extra credit, 5 games=$20 more credit, and for 7+ games= $35 more credit.this really works because turning 9 games, it would be 10 but the lady forgot to scan one, so I gave away a game for free. Anyways with the 10 games I got $66, almost enough to cover the giants starter pack. Normally I would have gotten like $30. The more games you turn in the more you get!!!.

This is a great way to set aside money for giants. However, make sure you have aower up card. Why? Well some GameStops give you a trade card to keep the credits, but some don't like mine. Don't worry, there is a free power up reward card that you can sign up more, but make sure to ask about where to put your credits before you sign up for the rewards card. Not everyone wants to sign up with GameStop and some might not always go.

This promo will end on the 24th of this month, but starts again every month so dot worry I'd you miss out this month. The more you set aside for giants, the more figures you can get! Hope this helps some people. Don't wanna fe like I did this for nothing.
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#2 Posted: 05:02:32 06/06/2012
Not to knock people who need to trade in, but I am gonna state why I stopped trading things in. It's funny, actually.

I used to go off and buy games for 49-59 dollars (depending on if it was PS1 or N64). I would play and beat them, only to turn around and trade them in a week or two later for 22-25 bucks.

One day, my step dad comes in. He sees me with a bag full of games I am about to trade in. He said, "David, you are one of the most r******* people I've ever met." I said, "why?" He said, "those people at the stores are bending you over and giving it to you good." You buy these games for 49-59 dollars, only to turn around and trade them for less than half of that. He went on further, by saying, "Chances are, you even bought the game you're about to trade in, from the store you're about to trade it in at." They get your money two ways.

Needless to say, it scarred me for life. Now I own over 1300 videogames. Some were Dreamcast and PS1 games bought day 1, that are still brand new to me. I showed him. I got my moneys worth, by buying a game for 50 bucks, that's new to me over 10 years later.

Bottom line, you make no profit no matter how much you get from trades. I once traded 75 PS1 games, just to import a copy of House of the Dead 2, for my import Dreamcast. I thought HotD was worth it at the time, but anytime I think back to it, I was the stupidest person in the world, for giving up 75 games to pay for one, because games depreciate in value, as fast as a brand new car driven off the lot for the first time.

Rambling aside, let me give my two cents on it.

If I needed to factor in something 5 months down the line, I would save bits here and there. If I was a kid, I would be asking to mow lawns. I would save my allowance. If I am an adult, I would set aside little bits from my paycheck. 50 every 2 weeks, or even 50 a month, due to Giants not having as much as the first game did to buy (so far 2 Legendaries confirmed, 16 new Skylanders and some reposes that most don't care about).

With 5 months to save 74.99 for a starter pack, 14.99 per giant, and 11.98 for any Lightforce, and 9.99 for regulars, I'd even say that 250 (being 50 dollars per month) might cover a good chunk of it.

HOWEVER, we all know everything isn't being released on day 1. So, I would go with the 50 a month route, for those who have jobs. Then, you wouldn't need to let Gamestop bend you over, take your hard earned money, give you less of your hard earned money back, only to sell it for a profit.

Just my advice. We all have 5 months. I am already putting aside money for it. Key to it is, I drive a busted up car, when I could have a new Camaro. I don't go on vacations as often as I could. Think about your wants, and prioritize them. Wants are extra, besides your needs. So any wants you want, put aside for Giants, if you have to.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
D-Rex Blue Sparx Gems: 815
#3 Posted: 06:29:08 06/06/2012
^ Couldn't agree more. Gamestop trade-ins are only for the insanely desperate. Then again so is reselling your college books...

Anyway, I'll be going down the "do work and save up a bit here and there" route. I have Giants and Castlevania: Mirror of Fate to save up for.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Sunny Castanets Gold Sparx Gems: 2231
#4 Posted: 07:23:33 06/06/2012
Problem is though - not all of the younger members here get enough pocket money to be able to save for Giants, plus the figures, and everything else. Even if I started saving now on the pocket money I used to get as a kid, I wouldn't have enough to pay for the game.

Admittedly, game shops give a LOT less than they used to in trade, but if it's something you're not using, and you can't sell it on eBay, then at least getting a bit of money is SOMETHING.
---
Quote: Tashiji
Sunny, as always, you are so darn smart.
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#5 Posted: 11:18:12 06/06/2012
I have saving so it's no real problem for me, except I'm cheap.... I should stop speding my small change on junkfood and put that towards skylanders toys.
Also Christmans isn't far from fall, so maybe I'll get the game myself then get toys for Christmas.
Question: Wouldn't they choose not to accept some games if they're not in demand?
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 11:25:02 06/06/2012 by NEW_SpyroLUVA
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me