Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Fandom > What do you guys think of my Spyro Creepypasta
Page 1 of 1
What do you guys think of my Spyro Creepypasta [CLOSED]
ExtremeSpyro Ripto Gems: 112
#1 Posted: 23:49:37 22/03/2012 | Topic Creator
Spyro 2 Bootleg Creepypasta
This began about a few days ago, I decided to take a walk through the neighborhood. As I was walking back home, I found a disc lying on the road. I looked at the front and it was a bootleg copy of Spyro 2! I was looking for a legitimate copy, though this held me over until I could find one.
I seriously wish I didn’t find it.
I popped it in my PS1, and booted up the old thing. It looked perfectly normal; The Universal logo was there, the intro with the Insomniac sign, and Spyro flying onto the ground in Skelos Badlands. I pressed start and made a new save file.
“…the fun begins…”
I managed to get through Summer Forest, however some things where weird. The screen looked considerably darker, especially during the fight with Crush. There was no music at all in any levels; just pure silence.
“…fun game, isn’t it…”
Throughout the game, I could hear very faint whispering. This started as soon as I pressed START on the title screen. Then it happened just before I got to Autumn Plains. I beat Autumn Plains and made my way to Winter Tundra. The whispering got extremely loud, to the point where it was breaking my TV speakers.
“I’m having fun…are you?”
“I’m glad you played this.”
“Now you will pay.”
I immediately lost control of Spyro, and he turned around, towards the screen. He slowly crept up to the screen, while the eerie whispering continued.
“I don’t forgive you.”
“You resorted to pirating.”
“You won’t escape now.”
Spyro was practically touching the screen by this point. Then the game immediately cut to black, but not before a disturbing image flashed on the screen. My playstation started overheating, and now it was ruined, so I had to throw it out. I destroyed the disc with a hammer, to make sure no one else has to play this game. Then I remembered, that was the exact same disc I threw out yesterday.
#2 Posted: 23:58:48 22/03/2012 | Topic Creator
That's the moral. The person in the story pirated the game a day before this happened, and the place he downloaded it from built it's own anti-piracy into the game. It was intended to disturb him and make him never pirate a game ever again. I have made two other pastas that aren't based on spyro, but I lost the .doc files I had them saved on, so I'll have to re-write them.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:19:37 23/03/2012 by ExtremeSpyro
arceustheprime Ripto Gems: 5362
#3 Posted: 13:51:20 23/03/2012
I love Creepypasta's <3
That was a every enjoyable read for me, keep it up!.
#4 Posted: 14:33:30 23/03/2012 | Topic Creator
Thanks! I'm making an Animal Crossing creepypasta entitled "Revenge", so far it's about this person who tries to enjoy a trip down memory lane when he plays Animal Crossing, only to find that he had forgotten a dark secret...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:57:34 23/03/2012 by ExtremeSpyro
LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#5 Posted: 22:26:22 23/03/2012
I LOVE Creepypastas. This was a pretty good one, I liked it.

By the way, not really, not all Creepypastas must be scary. Some Creepypastas are actually made for the sole purpose of trolling (Troll Pastas) or are just horrible.
Besides, I personally find pictures and videos a lot more scary. xP
---
but i love it all smooth
#6 Posted: 23:11:48 23/03/2012 | Topic Creator
Well, I just finished a much better one and posted it in the Non-Spyro sub-category. Thanks for the feedback, everybody!
And I would have posted a picture, but I don't use any image sharing websites.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:12:35 23/03/2012 by ExtremeSpyro
SpirowdeDragoon Blue Sparx Gems: 600
#7 Posted: 01:11:45 29/03/2012
Woah. Creepy. I like your Creepypasta. smilie
Doomdrao Platinum Sparx Gems: 6654
#8 Posted: 21:29:37 29/03/2012
this makes me want to draw a creepy Spyro image smilie
INSPIRATION ATTACK
---
I'd wait a fresh minuteMe, To a Co-Worker about Greggs Bakery Steak Bakes
Hyena Yellow Sparx Gems: 1413
#9 Posted: 00:13:25 30/03/2012
Sweet Jesus dancing around a sombrero!

... That creepypasta was pretty horrible, imo.
Yeah, some creepypastas aren't meant to scare you. But i'd at least like to get "creeped" out.

I'll point out why I found this horrible by bolding the parts:

Quote: ExtremeSpyro
This began about a few days ago, I decided to take a walk through the neighborhood. As I was walking back home, I found a disc lying on the road. I looked at the front and it was a bootleg copy of Spyro 2! I was looking for a legitimate copy, though this held me over until I could find one.
I popped it in my PS1, and booted up the old thing. It looked perfectly normal; The Universal logo was there, the intro with the Insomniac sign, and Spyro flying onto the ground in Skelos Badlands. I pressed start and made a new save file.
“…the fun begins…”
I managed to get through Summer Forest, however some things where weird. The screen looked considerably darker, especially during the fight with Crush. There was no music at all in any levels; just pure silence.
“…fun game, isn’t it…”
Throughout the game, I could hear very faint whispering. This started as soon as I pressed START on the title screen. Then it happened just before I got to Autumn Plains. I beat Autumn Plains and made my way to Winter Tundra. The whispering got extremely loud, to the point where it was breaking my TV speakers.
“Now you will pay.”
I immediately lost control of Spyro, and he turned around, towards the screen. He slowly crept up to the screen, while the eerie whispering continued.
“I don’t forgive you.”
“You won’t escape now.”
Spyro was practically touching the screen by this point. Then the game immediately cut to black, but not before a disturbing image flashed on the screen. My playstation started overheating, and now it was ruined, so I had to throw it out. I destroyed the disc with a hammer, to make sure no one else has to play this game. Then I remembered, that was the exact same disc I threw out yesterday.

1. Why would someone pick up a disk conveniently laying on the road? I can understand finding it at a pawn shop, flea market, or garage sale... but... picking up a disk on the road?
Did it have scratches?
Were you skeptical on suddenly finding something you wanted on the road?

2. I'm not sure who the heck would play a video game with a dark screen and no music/sound effects/ect and hear whispering of all things.
I've never played a bootleg game before, and I think they're usually sucky, but sitting through all of that and getting all the way to Winter Tundra?

3. Still unsure why you'd continue playing with whispering. It just seems... weird. (Especially since you give no details whether or not you've played the game and are familiar with it or not.)

4. What disturbing image? Am I supposed to guess? Did you look away from the screen...?

Maybe i'm looking way too into it.
If anything; you can try adding more details to what happens or SOMETHING.
The only thing that scared me. Was my confusion reading this.

Not saying you have to be flawless, perfect, or anything, though.
SpirowdeDragoon Blue Sparx Gems: 600
#10 Posted: 01:48:16 31/03/2012
^ Now that you say it, I see what's wrong about this creepypasta. But it's not that big of a deal.
arceustheprime Ripto Gems: 5362
#11 Posted: 05:00:14 31/03/2012
Quote: Hyena

Yeah, some creepypastas aren't meant to scare you. But i'd at least like to get "creeped" out.

“…the fun begins…”
“…fun game, isn’t it…”
“Now you will pay.”
“I don’t forgive you.”
“You won’t escape now.”

1. Why would someone pick up a disk conveniently laying on the road? I can understand finding it at a pawn shop, flea market, or garage sale... but... picking up a disk on the road?
Did it have scratches?

2. I'm not sure who the heck would play a video game with a dark screen and no music/sound effects/ect and hear whispering of all things.
I've never played a bootleg game before, and I think they're usually sucky, but sitting through all of that and getting all the way to Winter Tundra?

I would honestly pick up the disk even if I didn't want it, but I'm just weird like that. Also, It would be hard to stop playing if you really loved the game and didn't care about the errors, the player may also think that they are imagining the whispering.
But meh.
#12 Posted: 05:26:24 31/03/2012 | Topic Creator
Thanks for the feedback! Constructive criticism is the key to a decent tale. I'm personally not happy with this one, myself.
#13 Posted: 16:05:28 31/03/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Hyena

“…the fun begins…”
“…fun game, isn’t it…”
“Now you will pay.”
“I don’t forgive you.”
“You won’t escape now.”

Did it have scratches?

3. Still unsure why you'd continue playing with whispering. It just seems... weird. (Especially since you give no details whether or not you've played the game and are familiar with it or not.)

4. What disturbing image? Am I supposed to guess? Did you look away from the screen...?

Maybe i'm looking way too into it.
If anything; you can try adding more details to what happens or SOMETHING.
The only thing that scared me. Was my confusion reading this.

Not saying you have to be flawless, perfect, or anything, though.

1. The person was feeling nostaglic, and even though it was a bootleg he still wanted something to hold him over until he got a legit copy.
2. A force was making him play.
3. ^ read 2
4. The image was a distorted, angered, eyeless Spyro, with fangs bared.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me