Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Fandom > Non-Spyro > The G.A.M.M.A Force (experiment story)
Page 1 of 7 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
The G.A.M.M.A Force (experiment story) [CLOSED]
Cynder09 Diamond Sparx Gems: 9858
#1 Posted: 06:33:27 10/03/2012 | Topic Creator
Chapter 1: An Unfamiliar Place

Eyes open wide. Deep breathing, panting. Nothing seems familiar. Nothing is remembered. This place, it looks like a lab of some kind. But something's happened. Something's changed. There's no one here. The place is trashed, everything is broken or has at least taken some sort of damage. Its dark, there is no light. But I can see. How is that possible? Humans can't see in such darkness.

What is this that's holding me? This cylinder-shape, this tube-like container. Why am I in it? I have to get out. I must break it. Its some kind of glass, its strong, reinforced, I think. But I can break it. I have to. I have to escape. I have to find out what happened. I punch the glass with all the strenght i can muster. It cracks. I hit it again. It shatters. Such strenght, such power. This can't be right. No human has this much physical strenght. It doesn't matter. I just have to get out of here, wherevere 'here' is.

I step out of my confined space and into the dark. I am still amazed that I can see. I look around the wrecked room a moment. There's shattered glass on the floor, I look down. I am surprised to see my reflection looking back at me. My hair is dark, black actually. It is straight, and goes down past my shoulders. My eyes are blue, indigo to be exact. My ears are sitting on my head and are like that of a tiger's. Wait, what? That can't be. Humans don't have tiger ears. I look at my figure. Female, obviously. Apparently a young adult, perhaps in my twenties. Skinny, tall, sleekly muscular. I suppose that explains my strenght.

I'm wearing a white T-shirt, white pants, and white shoes. Great. White. For a reason I don't understand, I loathe this color, and wish my outfit was darker. Much darker. The material could be diffrent as well. But that isn't important. I turn around to examine myself some more, and--is that a tail? Is that a three-foot tiger tail I see? Perhaps I'm not human after all, but some type of animal mutation, apparently a tiger. I'll find out more about this later. Right now, I must escape. There's a door, I walk to it. I try to turn the knob, but its locked. Not a problem. I kick the door, and it breaks with relative ease. I peer out into the dark hallway, the empty hallway. There is no sign of anything at all. I step out, and looked both ways. Which direction, left or right? Doesn't matter, I suppose. I start to walk right.

I continute to walk down this dark hallway in silence. I can see a corner, a turn to the right, up ahead of me. A beam of yellow light shines from around the corner at the opposite wall to the left. I freeze. There's someone else here. I sense a presence. Footsteps, a strange smell. My senses, they're heightened. Not only can I see in the dark, but I can hear even the faintest of footsteps in the distance. And what IS that smell? it smells strange, fishy even, yet oddly familiar. Perhaps someone I know? I will soon find out.

I quickly and quietly hurry over to the wall on the right. I press my back against and creep along the wall towards the corner. I will sneak up on my unsuspecting prey and pounce when the time is right. Prey? Pounce? Why are my thoughts like that of a hunter? Perhaps it is my instinct? Nevertheless, it feels right. I will trust these instincts if they keep me alive.

I hear the figure near my location. Any moment now, he could step up beside me. Then suddenly, without warning, I jumped out from behind the wall and tackled the figure. I grabbed this person and pinned him to the wall with ease. All the while, I had growled like some wild jungle cat. Perhaps I am more like a tiger than I previously thought.

"Who are you?" I snarl, questioning this person. I demanded answers. I could feel my tail twitch, my ears flatten.

"Who am I?! You tackled me! I'm the innocent one here!" A man snaps at me. The flashlight he held had been dropped and now lay on the ground, shining on the both of us. This added light helps me to identify with this person, or at the very least, give me a better visual.

It was deffinitely a male, about my age it seems. But he was no ordinary man. He had short, light turqouise hair. His eyes were sky blue and shaped like a shark's, so they were pretty intense. Yet there was a certain softness about them. Instead of skin, he had scales, with were a light blue-grey in color. He had three gills on either side of his neck. I could tell that, when he spoke, his teeth--or rather--fangs showed. Each fang was triangular-shaped, like a shark's, yet wern't quite as sharp. He was about my height, and had a muscular build. His wardrobe was fairly similar to my own, wit him having the shame shirt, pants, and shoes.

"True...." I say, calmly, admiting to his claim. I loosen my grip and take a step back. "But you never answered my question. Who are you?"

"I'd love to tell you, miss, but I don't know myself. I was hoping to find that out." He replies.

"You mean, you don't know who you are?"

"Nope. Not a clue. I can't even remember my own name."

"Ditto." I admitted. "So, what do you think? I mean, about waking up in a strang lab with no memory."

"I don't know, but I don't like it. I'm not even sure what I am. I know I can't be human. And you don't look so normal yourself."

"From what I can tell, I'm some kind of tiger, and you're a type of fish."

"Well, thank you Captain Obvious." He states, sarcastically.

"You know you're a fish then."

"I woke up in a water tank and found out I was able to breathe just fine. I just don't know what kind of fish I am."

"Well, I can tell you this much; judging by your fangs and those eyes, you're a type of predator, a shark."

"Great, but there's, like, a bunch of diffrent kinds. Which one am I?"

"Not sure. But we have bigger problems, like how we're going to get out of here."

"I actually rather find out more about myself and this place before I just leave it."

"I'm rather curious myself, but I can't help wanting to escape."

"Fine. But I think we should stick together."

"What for? I don't need your help." I practically snap, hands on my hips.

"I never said you did. I just think it would benefit us both to stick together. I mean, why not? We're both animal mutations, apparently. We're both stuck here, pretty much alone. I mean, we could help each other escape. Or at the very least, keep each other company." He explains. I sigh and lower my arms.

"Fine. Just stay out of my way and don't slow me down."

"Ok, fine. But what should I call you? I mean, I know we don't remember who we are, but I think we at least need to identify each other with a name or something."

"Well, I'm calling you Shark Boy. Deal with it. You talk to me, I'll respond. Just don't call me anything insulting or lame."

"Ok. I was thinking of calling you Tigress."

"Fine. But you're only getting away with that because you don't know my name."

"Well, you don't know mine."

"True, but I actually don't really care to know either. I'll probally still call you Shark Boy. Anyway, grab that flashlight and let's get the heck out of here." I tell him. He nods and grabs the flashlight. Without hesitation, I head down the hallway he had come from. I didn't look back to see if he followed me. But I didn't really have to, I could tell the light was shining in my direction, and I knew it was close.
---
I live my life inside a dream, only waking when I sleep.
Yeah, I've been living in the state of dreaming, living in a make-believe land.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 05:14:59 02/04/2012 by Cynder09
Dragon-outcast Emerald Sparx Gems: 4191
#2 Posted: 02:58:16 25/03/2012
Woah. Nice. I like it. Though, just me, but Shark Boy makes me think of...well....Shark Boy, and Tigress.....Tigress from Kung-Fu-Panda. smilie I know. I'm crazy. But great start, though, if it were scientists, wouldn't they have at least considered the idea of escaping experiments and put means of defending against it?
---
*insert edgy saying about the meaning of life*
Procrastination: Hard work often pays of after time, but laziness always pays off now.
#3 Posted: 03:50:26 25/03/2012 | Topic Creator
Haha, those are just nicknames I'm using until I reveal thier true identities. But I did think of Kung Fu Panda myself. xD They have to find out who they are, since they don't remember anything. And things will be explained as they do research and find stuff out.

Chapter 2: Queen of the Jungle

I follow Tigress down the dark and quiet hallway. Only our footsteps and my flashlight are the sources of light and sound in this place. How she can see in this darkness, I don't know. Maybe its a tiger thing. She's a couple feet in front of me, eager to explore this place it seems. I look ahead, shining the light, just watching her. She silently creeps through the halls, like a hunter on the prowl of her next meal. I'm glad that I'm not the one she's after. I've only just met the girl, but I can tell she's not to be underestimated.

The way she leaps around corners with a low growl, her sharp nails ready to be used in a moment's notice; her instincts are more keen than mine are. She at least listens to them more. She seems to have the behavior of a tiger down pat. I'm not sure what exactly she's looking for, but we haven't found anything yet.

"If we plan to leave this place, it'd probally help to find a door." I call out to her. I can see her ears perk up and turn slightly in my direction. I know she heard me.

"Who's stating the obvious now?" I hear a light chuckle with a bit of an amused tone. At least she finds me slightly humorous. I guess that's a plus.

"I'm just trying to be helpful." I tell her. I felt useless just following her.

"Well, I don't need your help. Just stay out of my way, and we'll get along just fine." Came her response, with more of a chilling tone. I could already tell she was independant, not to mention stubborn.

"Finding a door would still be nice." I pointed out. I then noticed Tigress come to a stop. I stopped also and just watched her.

"When all else fails, make your own door." I heard her say. She turned to the right wall, and I could see a smirk on her face. I blink, confused. What exactly did this girl have in mind? Then as a response, I witnessed my answer. Tigress growled as she charged at the wall, fists held high. She crashed right through it, and I didn't even hear her stop. I went over to the hole, and looked down a straight path, a series of broken walls, with Tigress already a couple of feet ahead it seems.

"Hey! Tigress! Wait up!" I call out, rushing after the girl. I hadn't caught up with her yet, but I paused and checked my surroundings a moment. I had found myself standing in a type of office room, with numerous filing cabinets. This could be useful for getting answers. Now all I had to do was get the girl's attention. I looked in the direction she had gone in. I didn't see her anymore. "Tigress! Hey, Tigress! I found something!" I yelled. No answer. No sign of her. I had lost her, it seems. "TIGRESS!" I cry out, hoping for some sort of response. I was suddenly smacked upside the head. "Ow!" I grunt and turn around.

"You don't have to shout, Shark Boy, I'm right here!" I hear a low growl. Tigress had been somehow behind me. The glare I got, although mild, sent shivers up my spine. Dang, she was intimidating, especially when she looked mad.

"Sorry." I told her. "I didn't know where you were. But anyway, I found something." I then saw her relinquish her glare and cross her arms.

"Really?" She asked with a raised eyebrow and a hint of curiosity. "And what is it that you found?"

"Filing cabinets." Was my response as I pointed to them.

"Bravo." She said in monotone, giving me a slow clap. "I'd give you a treat, but I don't have one." I could tell this was sarcasm. She was mocking me. Either she missed the point, or this information meant nothing to her. I then saw her cross her arms again, this time with a huff. "Don't waste my time with office supplies, Shark Boy." She said with a twitch of her tail.

"But they ARE useful." I tried to explain. "They hold files, information. We could look through them and maybe find out something about this place or ourselves. Maybe we could even remember something." I told her. She gave me a dull expression with another twitch of her tail.

"I don't have the desire or patience to go through all these cabinets. I just want to get the heck out of here. You're slowing me down, and I told you not to do that." She said, quietly, yet with a slight hiss. Then with that, she started to walk past me to the other hole in the wall.

"Now, wait just one minute. I'm not leaving until I find out something here." I said, grabbing her arm, stopping her. I didn't grab hard and didn't pull her against her will, but I might as well have. I found out how big of a mistake that was, no matter how innocent the gesture had been. She turned her head slowly with a bit of a death glare, her tail twitching violently. Then in one swift motion, she grabbed me and pinned me to the nearest wall. She did so with such ease, I could feel a meer taste of the amount of power she had in her sleek body.

"Never. Do that. Again." She hissed, her voice a whisper, her eyes going yellow and tiger-like for a moment. I realized in that exact moment never to get on this girl's bad side. And every encounter after that only proved me to be right. I also realized how short her temper was, and how easy it was to get on her bad side.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to upset you. I just wanted you to understand how important those files could be. Please don't kill me." I begged. Yes, I begged. Screw being macho, she could bite my head off. Literally. Then to my relief, she calmed down and let me go. She crossed her arms, giving me a slight warning glare. I knew to be careful around her from that point on.

"Alright." She said, voice suddenly like ice. "Then dig through those files and find me something useful." She told me. I nodded and eagerly began my search. I learned something else then. The lion is the king of the jungle, but the queen is the tiger. To keep the queen happy, and from biting my head off, I was going to listen to her.
---
#4 Posted: 04:03:48 25/03/2012
Ooooh! Sounds like a mimic of Nadia, but what I've seen, a tad bit more aggressive. smilie I know that's an understatement but heheh. Anyway, great job! I like the idea of switching first person view to different characters. Though, crashing through walls....dang! smilie
---
Procrastination: Hard work often pays of after time, but laziness always pays off now.
#5 Posted: 04:08:02 25/03/2012 | Topic Creator
Funny that you should mention her. smilie 'Cause it actually IS Nadia, and that's Krone with her. smilie So you should see a resemblance between them. smilie And I thought it might be intresting to try switching points of view.
---
#6 Posted: 04:34:29 25/03/2012
Ahhh, I see now. smilie Niice. I wonder what happened to them. X3
---
#7 Posted: 04:40:17 25/03/2012 | Topic Creator
You'll just have to find that out in later chapters, which have yet to be written. x3
---
#8 Posted: 23:50:48 28/03/2012
Aww. smilie heheheh, I can' t wait.
---
#9 Posted: 00:04:07 29/03/2012 | Topic Creator
Well, I still have to get around to writing more. xD
---
CatAmber Green Sparx Gems: 176
#10 Posted: 00:02:09 30/03/2012
Hey. Any of you like Pokemon? Do any of you like to BE a Pokemon?
---
Read! Like smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#11 Posted: 00:12:01 30/03/2012
. . .not related to this topic so please don't post advertisements that are unrelated to this topic.
---
#12 Posted: 00:18:22 30/03/2012 | Topic Creator
Agreed. I would like to stick to the topic. I just haven't gotten around to writing more yet.
---
#13 Posted: 00:30:08 30/03/2012
*Sigh.* Okay. Just wondering. By the way, This is an awsome story. Wish I could be in it. (Sorry about earlier...)
---
#14 Posted: 00:31:53 30/03/2012 | Topic Creator
That's fine. And thank you.
---
#15 Posted: 00:46:06 30/03/2012
'Welcome,Tigeress.
---
#16 Posted: 00:48:24 30/03/2012 | Topic Creator
Tigress is just one of my many characters. Actually, she's one of my favorites.
---
#17 Posted: 00:49:14 30/03/2012
It's just that...your avatar looks like It's a standing tiger.
---
#18 Posted: 00:50:21 30/03/2012 | Topic Creator
Well, it kind of is. Its an anthro tiger, a mixture of human and tiger features.
---
#19 Posted: 00:55:36 30/03/2012
Oh...(P.S: Off-topic, but I think Of Spyro and Cynder as boyfriend and Girlfriend.) And, If I joined, I would be part Bobcat.
---
#20 Posted: 00:58:31 30/03/2012 | Topic Creator
Well, this is a story, not an rp. Although, I did star an rp version of this. No one posted, though.
(Well, they probally are after the ending of Dotd.)
---
#21 Posted: 00:24:28 31/03/2012
There- See your RP thingy. smilie
---
#22 Posted: 00:32:15 31/03/2012 | Topic Creator
Thank you. I appreciate that. smilie
---
#23 Posted: 02:53:23 31/03/2012
Your welcome.
---
#24 Posted: 03:07:40 31/03/2012 | Topic Creator
I might write more a little later tonight, or maybe tomorrow.
---
Landerfan2012 Gold Sparx Gems: 2048
#25 Posted: 04:10:39 01/04/2012
i luv this! this would make a great book or movie!!!! write more, and maybe add a couple of more characters!
---
131/174
Trap team and Gearshift on reservation
#26 Posted: 04:12:27 01/04/2012 | Topic Creator
Well, thank you. I do plan to be a writer, so this has a high chance of being published one day.
---
#27 Posted: 04:15:37 01/04/2012
Quote: Cynder09
Well, thank you. I do plan to be a writer, so this has a high chance of being published one day.

if this does get published, and i hope it does, i will buy it!!
---
131/174
#28 Posted: 04:17:08 01/04/2012 | Topic Creator
Thank you. In that case, I should probally get around to writing more.
---
#29 Posted: 19:31:20 01/04/2012
i have a couple ideas for characters. one could be named frogger, and he could a human frog guy. another could be a bat girl and her nickname would be batty, but her really name could be betty.
---
131/174
#30 Posted: 21:15:17 01/04/2012 | Topic Creator
I already have ideas for oter characters. I was going to add them in later.
---
#31 Posted: 00:32:30 02/04/2012
okay! i can't wait for more chapters and characters to come along!!! smilie
---
131/174
#32 Posted: 00:33:24 02/04/2012 | Topic Creator
Well, I'm working on that right now.
---
#33 Posted: 01:33:26 02/04/2012
Yaaa!!!!!
---
131/174
#34 Posted: 02:24:12 02/04/2012 | Topic Creator
I'm mainly working on a personal character sheet, which is basically just a refference sheet for myself. Once I'm done with the character information, I'll start on the next chapter.
---
#35 Posted: 02:54:09 02/04/2012
does this happen in the future
---
131/174
#36 Posted: 02:54:47 02/04/2012 | Topic Creator
The characters will be added at some point, yes. The story itself does take place in the future.
As promised, more has been written. Here is the next chapter.

Chapter 3: Fish Facts

I sat with my legs crossed on one of the desks, just simply sharpening my claw-like nails on a chair leg that I had tore off. Shark Boy was still looking through files to prove to me how useful they actually were. I still had my doubts. Nevertheless, I would at least humor him, so long as I had enough patience to wait. Plus, it was sort of fun being the boss and ordering him around. I admit that I liked the power.

"Hey, I think I found something." He calls out to me as he pulls a file out of the cabinet. "The name here says--" Before he could finish, I had hopped off the desk, walked over, and snatched the file from his hands. "--or you could just read it yourself.... that works, too...." He mutters. I waled back over to the desk, and was now laying down on my stomach as I looked over the file. It wasn't mine, but it was intresting.

"So, your name is Krone Fisher, huh?" I asked with a light chuckle. It was slightly amusing, a shark named Fisher. How ironic. Shark Boy blinked and hurried over to me.

"Wait, what? That's my file? Can I--" He reached for it, but I pulled it away and pushed him back.

"Uh huh! I'm reading this." I told him. He blinks.

"But its MY file!" He says. I simply smirk.

"I know, but I want to read it. When you find mine, we'll trade. Now, shoo!" I waved my hand for him to walk away. With a mild groan, Shark Boy dragged his feet back over to the filing cabinet and continued his search. That should give me at least a minute to read his file.

"Let's see...... 23-year-old male...... blah, blah, blah......." I muttered to myself as I skimmed the file. "Ah, here's something; Great White Shark. Well, that solves that mystery of his animal species." I mumbled. I then continued to read. Then I glanced over at Shark Boy. "You can smell blood up to a mile away?" I asked him. He glanced at me, looking confused.

"Huh? What?"

"Blood. Sharks can apparently smell it up to a mile away. You're a Great White, by the way." I told him.

"Oh." Was his response. He still looked confused. "Intresting. What else does it say about me?"

"You're 23, and a guy." I replied. He gave me an unamused expression.

"I could have guessed that much, Tigress." He mutters in monotone.

"Hey, you asked what it said." I smirked. Then I went back to reading. I heard Shark Boy sigh, before hearing the sound of ruffling files. "Swimming, surfing, boating....." I muttered to myself as I read. "Dang, Shark Boy, you were a fish before you became one." I spoke louder.

"What?" he asked, looking back at me with a confused expression.

"You practically lived in the water, apparently. You were on the swim team, you surfed, you went boating, I bet you even went scuba-diving. And your last name's Fisher. No wonder they turned you into a shark. All you needed were the gills and fins, and you're good to go!" I informed him.

"Well, I'm glad you're having fun with this. When I find your file, I'll be sure to make fun of you as payback."

"Oh, come on, I'm not poking fun, I'm just teasing a little. its just ironic, that's all. Anyway, does any of this ring any bells? Any memories coming back to you?" I asked him. There was a short moment of silence. He sighed and turned away from me. He started looking through files again.

"No, not really. I'm just hearing about it. Its not causing me to remember anything."

"Hmm, well, things will start coming sooner or later, I guess. Well, hurry up and find my file. I'd like to at least have a name for myself."

"I'm woring on it, but there's a lot of files in here, and they're not exactly in order either. Besides, even if they were, I wouldn't know where to look for you. I just know you're a tiger."

"Well, then look for tigers."

"What do you think I've been--oh, wait." He cut himself shot and paused in his search, pulling out a file.

"What? Did you find it?" I asked, eagerly, sitting up.

"I think so." He replied.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 05:17:09 02/04/2012 by Cynder09
#37 Posted: 01:24:00 05/04/2012
Ooohh, files! Cool! Nice, I like the dialogue. Oh, Nadia...don't be goin' and bossing everyone around!

Say,.................could you add Shard into this?
---
#38 Posted: 01:58:44 05/04/2012 | Topic Creator
Thanks. And Nadia's not really being bossy, she just kinda likes being in charge. xD
Hmm, never really thought of that. I was going to add in other characters, but I didn't think of Shard. I might add him in, but kinda keep him seprate from the initial group I have in mind. Shard's kind of a loner, anyway.

Chapter 4: The Truth About Tiigers

I had just found a file for a female mixed with a tiger, and before I could read even one word, Tigress hurried over and snatched the file from my hand. Not only that, but she neglected to give me my file.

"Hey, Tigress, come on! Let me read something, preferably my own file." I told her.

"Fine. Grab it then." She turns to me and smirks, holding up both files. She mixes them up, shuffling them around, and proceeds to play Keep Away. Determined to read something, he leapt forward and grabbed a file. She then let go of it and let me have it. I read the name of the file.

"Nadia Pryde." I said aloud. I blinked. "This isn'me." I stated. I looked back at Tigress, to find her laying on top of the desk, reading another file, probally mine. Then I glanced back at the file in my hands. Well, as long as I had it, I mine as well read it. I sat down in one of the office chairs and looked it over. "...25-year-old female..... mixed with a Siberian Tiger...." I muttered to myself.

I continued to read on. These files seemed to hold quite a bit of information. Appearance, bahavior, abilities, history. There was quite a bit to read. Whoever worked here had studied us well it seems. I learned quite a bit about Tigress. Like how she was apparently always reckless. I read that she was on sports team, like football and wrestling. From what I could tell, she was considered a secret weapon. She certainly had guts and dertirmination. I also read that she had a little sister named Abigail. I then began to wonder where she was.

Then something caught my attention. I'm not sure why exactly, but it did. The file stated that she was married. I blinked and read it again. Right there in black and white, it said married. No doubt about it. I then glanced over at Tigress. She had a right to know. She had a right to know everything in this file, actually.

"Uh, Tigress.... I mean, Nadia...." I muttered. Her ears perked up and turned in my direction.

"Yeah, Shark Boy?" She asked, not tearing her gaze away from the file in her hand.

"I found out quite a bit about you..."

"Such as?" She questioned. She then glanced at me, curious.

"Like you're 25, and a Siberian tiger, and a sports lover, and married...." I told her. After I had said that, there was a moment of silence. She stared at me a moment, and then blinked.

"Married?" She asked. Either she only heard that, or that was all that surprised her. I nodded.

"Yep. It says that right here in black and white." I stated, pointing. Then she hopped in and hurried over to me, snatching the file from my hands. She stood there a moment, reading it, standing perfectly still and quiet.

"Married?" She repeated. "But to who? And since when? Why don't I remember this? Where is he? Is he out there looking for me? Is he trapped here, too?" She rambled, asking question after question. I then stood up and gently placed a hand on her shoulder.

"I don't know, but I'll help you to find those answers." I said, and meant it. She turned her head to look at me.

"Really? You mean that? You'd help me?" She asked, quietly. I nodded slowly.

"Yeah. We can help each other. There's a lot we need to figure out, and remember."

"Then I guess we better get started." She says, sounding determined.
---
#39 Posted: 00:12:49 09/04/2012
Ohh, already married. Interesting. I like the way you're developing this. Keep it up!

And yeah, Shard is the loner type.
---
#40 Posted: 00:18:17 09/04/2012 | Topic Creator
Well, Nadia is technically married. I'm sort of trying to use the same characters, just in a different world, so to speak.

Right. I figure he'd keep to himself, show up out of nowhere and help with something, and then take off again. Like they could contact him if they needed him, but he wouldn't stick around much.

Chapter 5: The Search For Others

Krone and I headed out of the office. He was carrying our files, as he thought it would be beneficial to keep them. I didn't really care. I really just wanted to find a way out of here, and find out more about myself and this place. However, I was still more interested in escaping than anything else.

Then suddenly, a loud cry could be heard echoing through the lab. I froze, listening. I closed my eyes and focused on the sound. It sounded like some type of bat screeching, and it sounded rather panicked. I opened my eyes and turned to Krone.

"Did you hear that?" I asked him.

"You mean that bat-like sound? Kinda hard to miss." He stated.

"True. I guess this places has bats."

"Or its another one of us."

"You mean another person that's been mixed with an animal?"

"Yeah. I mean, it makes sense. This does look like a lab of some kind. Whoever worked here apparently worked on mixing humans with animals. It makes sense that we wouldn't be the only ones."

"Alright, well, I'm following that sound. If there are others like us, then, well, I guess we should stick together." I said. Krone nodded. However, I didn't care much for the thought of being around many people. For whatever reason, I realized I wasn't fond of crowds. Maybe that was the tiger in me. I suppose tigers are the independant types. Nevertheless, I darted off down the hallway. I could hear Shark Boy hurry after me. I followed the direction of the sound, almost as if I knew which way to go. Perhaps I knew the layout of the lab and just didn't remember it.

The sound of the bat's screeching bounced off the walls and was relatively easy to follow. Plus, it was loud and sounded close, and I had excellent hearing. Then the sound suddenly stopped. Curious and confused, I stopped also. Krone apparently had a harder time putting on the brakes, because he slammed into me. I turned sharply and glared at him.

"Watch it!" I growled.

"Sorry....." He mutters, looking up at me. He then grunts slightly as he stands up. "How come that bat's so quiet now?" He asked.

"How should I know? Let's just keep going until we find it." I said, and continued to walk. He followed along behind me.

"What if something else found it first, and the bat's not alive anymore? And then what if it decides to come after us?"

"If anyone dares to attack me, then they're gonna get more than what they bargained for." I growled, tail twitching, and nails sharpening into claws. I wasn't sure exactly why I was so confidant, or so eager for a fight, but it didn't seem odd. It seemed normal, natural, like I was supposed to be that way. Maybe it was the tiger in me, or maybe I always had been like that.

Krone and I continued to walk in silence for a few moments. Then we came across a big, iron door. Either they didn't want anyone getting in, or they didn't want anything getting out. Whatever the case may be, I planned to open that door one way or another.

"Wanna bet that door's locked tighter than a drum?" I hear Krone say.

"Doesn't matter how locked tight it is, I'm getting it open." I said, determined.

"How? I don't think you can smash through this door."

"I can try." I snarl, and my tail twitched. I know it sounds impossible for someone to bust through an iron door, but for some reason, it didn't appeal to me at the time. It was if I was certain I could break down any barrier, and I felt as though I wouldn't give up until it was knocked down. Perhas I was not designed for thinking, but creating a path of destruction sounded right up my alley.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:20:55 09/04/2012 by Cynder09
#41 Posted: 06:14:11 09/04/2012
Oh boy! Nice. smilie

Yeah, something like that! Thanks!
---
#42 Posted: 06:18:28 09/04/2012 | Topic Creator
Thanks. smilie

No problem. I did think of using a character like that, but I wasn't sure. Shard would fit in nicely. He could be like the honorary team member that just shows up to help at times, and then disappears.

Chapter 6: Reckless and Determined

With a thunderous roar, I watched Tigress slam into the iron door as hard as she could. She snarled and growled as she continued to bang and pound on the door. She punched it, kicked it, tackled it, and even tried clawing at it. The door didn't even budge. This seemed to only frustrate and anger Nadia, and caused her to try harder. I finally had enough of watching. I reached out and grabbed her arms, pulling her back, and holding her tightly against her will.

"Ok, clearly, that isn't working. Let's try something else. Don't hurt yourself by trying to break down a door that doesn't even dent or scratch." I told her. She simply growled and broke free of my grasp.

"I don't need your help!" She snapped. "And I can break down a door!" She insisted. I sighed.

"A door? Yes. This one? Not gonna happen. You're strong, sure, and deffintey stubborn, but you can't break an iron door. It isn't possible. We need to either unlock it, or--"

"Blow it up." She interrupted, with a slightly evil grin.

"Actually, I was going to say that we could always find another way in."

"I'm going in through that door." Nadia insisted.

"You who can smash through walls would much rather waste time with this iron door? What's the point?" I asked. She turned to face me fully, narrowing her gaze, hands on her hips.

"The point is, I hate the thought of there being something that I can't do. I do not need help to get something done. I should be strong enough to break down a door on my own. And I'm not going to give up." She said, sternly.

"Ok, I admire your determination, I do. But you can't break down an iron door. Its not possible, not without some kind of tool or weapon. You need to think. Try using your head, and no, I don't mean literally. Now, I don't know how to properly break down an iron door, but I do have enough to sense to know that your way won't work. So let's just find another way in or something."

"But that would be taking the easy way out. There's no challenge, no satisfaction in using a tool or finding another way in." She said. I sighed.

"Alright, you know what? We'll compromise. I'll go look for another way in, and you..... can stand here and pound on the door....." I said, muttering that last part.

"Fine." She huffed. "You go do it the easy way." And with that, she turned back around, and roared as she charged at the door and slammed it again. I sighed and shook my head. Then I walked off to find another way in.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:20:28 09/04/2012 by Cynder09
#43 Posted: 06:25:23 09/04/2012
Owww... And I thought it was hard enough breaking plastic breakable boards. Nadia seems....overly determined. It'd be kinda funny if Krone found a way in and opened the door from the inside while Nadia rammed it again. I can see it now...smilie

Great idea! I like it.
---
#44 Posted: 06:34:30 09/04/2012 | Topic Creator
Haha! smilie Funny you should mention that... smilie And yes, she's overly determined. That's my girl, alright. She was just born that way. X3 She may not be the smartest person or the greatest strategist, but her inner strenght is just as powerful as her physical strenght.

Chapter 7: Sympathy for a Shark

I had lost track of time with how long I had been pounding on that iron door. But I simply refused to give up. I just had this crazy idea that nothing could stop me, nothing could stand in my way. I also apparently wouldn't listen to reason once I had made up my mind.

Then as I slammed into the door, it finally fell, or rather, it opened. Surprised by the sudden movement of the door, I ended up losing my balance, and falling on my hands and knees. I then suddenly jumped up, immediately aiming a roundhouse kick at whoever happened to open the door. Unfortunately for my target, it was an unsuspecting shark boy.

"OW!" Came a shout and a groan, as I had knocked someone into the nearest wall. I looked at my opponent, and then realized it was none other than Krone. I then gasped and hurried over to him, kneeling beside him.

"Gah, Krone, I'm sorry! I didn't hurt you, did I?" I asked, concern obvious in my tone of voice. Wait, why did I care so much whether I hurt him or not? I barely knew him. Right? At least, I didn't remember him. Maybe I knew him from before, or maybe I just felt bad for hitting him on accident. Yeah, that must be it. It was guilt. It was sympathy. I felt bad for him, simply for misplacing one of my kicks, however I learned to do that. Its not like I cared whether he was hurt or not.

".....Ugh......... man, what a kick........... was that meant to hurt or put me in a coma.....?" He groaned.

"I'm sorry.... I didn't mean to hurt you....." I said, gently.

"...Yikes...... if that's how you hit when you DON'T want to hurt someone, than I'd hate to see what happens when you actually TRY to hurt someone....."

"Oh, come on, I didn't hit you that hard. Besides, I wasn't aiming for you specifically, you just happened to be the one on the other side of the door." I stated.

"Well.... thanks for the heads up..... next time, I'll be sure to be standing AWAY from you when you attack someone....." He muttered. I sighed and then helped him up.

"Well, at least you're not hurt too bad, right?" I asked. I could still hear concern in my voice. I don't know why I cared so much. I didn't remember anything about him. I didn't really feel like I knew him that well. Perhaps something would come to me later.

"I'm alive and in one piece...... I think...... I guess I didn't suffer too much damage....."

"That's good." I smiled, relived. I then shook my head gently and turned away from him. For some reason, I didn't want him to have any idea that I had been concerned. I didn't want to show weakness or show a soft side, if I had one. I tried to keep up a tough exterior, whether I had always had one or not.

"Well, obviously, I managed to find another way in, but I haven't seen anyone in here so far. Whoever might have been in here is either hiding, or not here now." He said. I then sniffed the air. I smelled two unusual scents. A type of bat and a kind of bird. The scents were fresh, very recent.

"No, they're still here. I can smell them. I'll find them." I said, my tail flicking slightly, and my ears flattening against my head. It must have been the tiger in me, because my instincts told me to hunt, and that's exactly what I planned on doing.
---
#45 Posted: 06:49:07 09/04/2012
Hahahahaha! Nice smilie yeah, that's awesome. I like how we get to see a little of Nadia's softer side.
I'm more of a strategist person but y'know I like both in a way.
---
#46 Posted: 06:54:55 09/04/2012 | Topic Creator
Thanks. smilie Yeah, her softer side is rarely shown. And she prefers to keep it that way.
I'm actually a little more of a pacifist myself. I rather not fight at all myself. In games, however, I tend to be a little more like Nadia. xD

Chapter 8: Qoute the Raven

I watched Nadia crouch low to the ground, balancing on her heels, her knees bent, just squating there. She sniffed the air a moment. Then her tail flicked, her ears back. She crept forwards, like a tiger on the prowl, yet remained crouched for the most part. Her ears now swiveled around, listening. She continued to sniff, looking for our winged visitors.

I simply followed her, staying close, yet keeping a safe distance. I didn't want to get in the way, but I didn't want to lose of her. I would have helped her hunt, but I came to realize that my hunting skills were a little more limited. I was better off in the water.

Then suddenly, out of nowhere, someone kicked me from behind and knocked me down. I grunted and rolled a bit, wondering what had happened. Before I could get my answer, however, some grabbed me and picked me up. I felt a strong grip around me, and could feel the tip of a small blade at my throat.

Nadia turned sharply, ready to lung at this figure, but froze. I could tell that her gaze was fixed on the small blade, which I assumed to be a knife of some kind, perhaps a pocketknife.

"Don't. Move. A muscle." I heard a chilling female voice say.

"Who are you? What do you want?" Nadia hissed, her tail twitching.

"I have the hostage, I will be asking the questions here. Besides, it is you who barged in here, and began snooping around. I will not be taken prisoner. You won't take me alive. Now, tell me who you are and what you are doing here."

"I don't have to listen to you! And you're the one that attacked us! I was just looking around!"

"That may be true, but I don't know for sure. You could be the enemy."

"Well, dude, in case you haven't noticed, none of us are exactly human. I'm part tiger, that guy there is part shark, and you...... frankly, I'm not sure what you are, but you've got black feathers, so you must be some kind of bird..." Nadia said. There was a moment of silence. Then I felt the blade move away from my neck. The girl loosened her grip and threw me to the ground in front of Nadia. Once I got up and faced her, I could see what she looked like.

This girl deffinitely had black feathers, in fact, she was covered in them. She didn't have hair, just feathers, and the ones are her head were cut military style. Her eyes were a deep violet, and shaped kind of like a bird's. Her nose was rather sharp and pointed, kind of like a beak. She wore the same white shirt, white pants, and white shoes as Nadia and I. The girl then relaxed and stood straight, her posture perfect, and her feet together. She now had her hands behind her back. The way she stood, it was like that of a soldior. Even her expression was blank and emotionless.

"Call me Raven." She spoke in monotone. "My apoligies for our previous encounter, but I had to be sure that I would not be overcome by the enemy, in case you were after me."

"Well, I was looking for you, but not to fight you. Although, if you wanna train, than I certainly don't mind." Nadia said, with a slight smirk.

"I will keep that in mind." Raven smiled a bit. "However, for the moment, there are more important matters to attend to. For instance, we should locate others like us and find a way out of here." She said.

"Nice to know we're on the same page then."

"In that case, we should work together, and I already know where to find another." She said.
---
#47 Posted: 07:02:46 09/04/2012
Ohh, new character! Yayz! Hmm... Trying to remember who she really is. Was it Zanna or Roxanne....smilie I never keep good track of things. Anyway, g2g. Night!
---
#48 Posted: 17:35:34 09/04/2012 | Topic Creator
Zanna is a werebat, and Roxanne is a werefox. Raven is new. I created her specifically for this story. I know a bat is mentioned, and no, it isn't Zanna. She won't be in this. The other animal characters you see won't be in the were vs. vamps rp. Except for Roxy, I might use her in the story.
Well, that's all the chapters I have for now. I'll write more when I get a chance.
---
#49 Posted: 05:09:37 10/04/2012
Ohhh, okay. Good to know. Great!

Alright. The readers will be a waitin'!

Btw, could you post on the RP you made of this story or has that gone south as well?
---
#50 Posted: 05:11:22 10/04/2012 | Topic Creator
I might write more tomorrow, if I get around to it.

I thought it might have died. If its still going, I guess we could try to revive it.
---
Page 1 of 7 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me