Page 1 of 1
Spyro Copies [CLOSED]
AkuKitty Red Sparx Gems: 97
#1 Posted: 00:27:37 07/03/2012 | Topic Creator
Ok, note to anyone.. Do these piss you off? :U I've found the internet riddled with them and little nerdy spyderps ( I have found myself to be one |D ) but no, seriously, do they?

I for one think so, people have a lack of originality and feel it's cool to rip off of Spyro, Cynder, and possibly others in the games, and get flamed and brag about it :U It's not cool people, stop being too lazy to make up your own original character designs }I that's just my personal opinion, whats yours?
---
And then there was FurAffinity.
OpalOsprey Yellow Sparx Gems: 1127
#2 Posted: 01:19:29 07/03/2012
^ I'm not quite sure what your saying. Do you mean other companies or video game designers making characters similar to Spyro's? If so, I recently obtained an advertisement via mail from Bradford Exchange called "Mystery/Mystic Dark Dragon" (or something along those lines) and it looked very similar to Cynder. So far I can't find a pic on the web of it but if you're interested, I can scan it and put it up on here.
---
Have a Wii U? My ID and Mii name is OpalOsprey. So why don't you add Mii smilie?

"You don't need a reason to help people" ~ Zidane -Final Fantays IX
AkuKitty Red Sparx Gems: 97
#3 Posted: 02:15:47 07/03/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: OpalOsprey
^ I'm not quite sure what your saying. Do you mean other companies or video game designers making characters similar to Spyro's? If so, I recently obtained an advertisement via mail from Bradford Exchange called "Mystery/Mystic Dark Dragon" (or something along those lines) and it looked very similar to Cynder. So far I can't find a pic on the web of it but if you're interested, I can scan it and put it up on here.

Yes, that and people who make their own " original " characters.
---
And then there was FurAffinity.
Gemma Green Sparx Gems: 123
#4 Posted: 14:04:57 08/03/2012
I have seen quite a few dragon characters that look suspiciously like Spyro (and other Spyro characters). I've seen the same happen to quite a few other animated animal characters, particularly characters from films like The Lion King and Balto. Sometimes people will mimic their visual style rather than coming up with a style of their own, and make their characters look like clones! Some of them even deny it when asked.

I don't have any problems with people creating fan characters, as long as they give credit to the original media (in this case, Spyro). Even when making a fan character though, they will probably find it much more fun to try and come up with something somewhat original (rather than a recolour of one of the official characters).

But for those who are serious about creating original characters, they should be trying to come up with their own style. It's okay to be inspired by other media (in fact, when I studied animation at college finding inspiration was encouraged!) but the important thing is to make sure you're not only being inspired by one thing. You can get some inspiration from Spyro - there's nothing wrong with that - but if you do your research and look into a wide range of different media, you're most likely to get more interesting results when coming up with your own characters and style.

So, yeah. If you're going to base your original character on Spyro, credit Spyro! If you want to come up with something truly original, look for a variety of inspirations and don't be afraid to come up with something new! smilie
---
My Skylanders: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Spyro's Universe Name: Crystal Waterfalls
AshETERNAL Green Sparx Gems: 387
#5 Posted: 01:13:13 12/03/2012
I agree beyond all reason. People gotta be original.
---
*Previously on this site as GlitchGirl. Heheh. I hate losing passwords and forgetting what of 5 emails you registered with smilie*
AshETERNAL Green Sparx Gems: 387
#6 Posted: 01:13:43 12/03/2012
Quote: Gemma
I have seen quite a few dragon characters that look suspiciously like Spyro (and other Spyro characters). I've seen the same happen to quite a few other animated animal characters, particularly characters from films like The Lion King and Balto. Sometimes people will mimic their visual style rather than coming up with a style of their own, and make their characters look like clones! Some of them even deny it when asked.

I don't have any problems with people creating fan characters, as long as they give credit to the original media (in this case, Spyro). Even when making a fan character though, they will probably find it much more fun to try and come up with something somewhat original (rather than a recolour of one of the official characters).

But for those who are serious about creating original characters, they should be trying to come up with their own style. It's okay to be inspired by other media (in fact, when I studied animation at college finding inspiration was encouraged!) but the important thing is to make sure you're not only being inspired by one thing. You can get some inspiration from Spyro - there's nothing wrong with that - but if you do your research and look into a wide range of different media, you're most likely to get more interesting results when coming up with your own characters and style.

So, yeah. If you're going to base your original character on Spyro, credit Spyro! If you want to come up with something truly original, look for a variety of inspirations and don't be afraid to come up with something new! smilie

I agree with you. Your words speak the utter truth.
---
*Previously on this site as GlitchGirl. Heheh. I hate losing passwords and forgetting what of 5 emails you registered with smilie*
SpirowdeDragoon Blue Sparx Gems: 600
#7 Posted: 21:14:02 13/04/2012
^Ads aren't allowed, sir/ma'am.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me