darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Giants > * * * the official giants release date * * *
Page 1 of 1
* * * the official giants release date * * * [CLOSED]
t7gga Yellow Sparx Gems: 1726
#1 Posted: 00:12:35 28/02/2012 | Topic Creator
posted earlier today by oneofswords #useless (love you really Dan)

http://ow.ly/i/tSAy

[User Posted Image]

236 and a bit days to go

NB: copyright remains with the original owner. the image above has been provided under the terms of copyright law fair use for the purpose of news reporting
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 00:23:30 28/02/2012 by t7gga
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#2 Posted: 00:40:51 28/02/2012
That would place it on either Sat. October 20st, but more than likely Sunday October 21nd.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
Cinnamonster Green Sparx Gems: 128
#3 Posted: 00:51:45 28/02/2012
Quote: spyroflame0487
That would place it on either Sat. October 20st, but more than likely Sunday October 21nd.

I'm both glad, and afraid that it's being released on a weekend. I'll be free to go get it, but so will a lot of other people.
---
Have: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Looking For: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Landerfan2012 Gold Sparx Gems: 2048
#4 Posted: 01:12:22 28/02/2012
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
---
131/174
Trap team and Gearshift on reservation
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#5 Posted: 01:23:32 28/02/2012
get ready to be ripped for another 800 dollars for 5-8 hours gaming....
#6 Posted: 01:25:30 28/02/2012
YAA, CANT WAIT TO BE RIPPED OFF FOR A 5-8 HOUR GAME!! LETS DO IT!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
---
131/174
#7 Posted: 01:43:37 28/02/2012
Quote: kappapopm

Ya know, it'd be nice to not have some negativity. I have plenty of fun with Skylanders, and I know I'll have lots of fun with Giants.

Heck, I've been buying Pokemon for going on 12 years now. Not only is it basically the exact same game, but every 2 years they re-release the exact same thing only with "enhancements". And not once have I ever thought "Oh boy, I'm gonna be ripped off!"

So take it or leave it. And by leave it I mean leave this part of the forum.
---
SilentButDeadly Gold Sparx Gems: 2086
#8 Posted: 02:35:58 28/02/2012
Although I've no doubt kappapopm was expressing some sort of negativity, I'm fairly certain most of his/her post was really more truth than backhand. The game is a lot of money, and not everyone has the money to buy what they want.

Anyways, I'll be patiently waiting for this game to come out. Good thing I've got plenty of old skylander figures to stop me from buying too many extra new figures. :)
---
#9 Posted: 02:39:10 28/02/2012
^oh ya, testify brotha! (fist bump)
---
131/174
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:39:33 28/02/2012 by Landerfan2012
Wiseman Green Sparx Gems: 333
#10 Posted: 04:14:25 28/02/2012

Well... lets run over numbers here dude.... lets say 80 bucks for the game (over estimating for your sake)... say you buy ALL the giants and new skylanders (not counting the new original ones) that leaves your original $800 down to $720. divide that by 16 new characters, your paying $45 per skylander. No wonder why your being so negative! My advice to you, stay off of ebay man. Be patient.
---
** Avatar Creator - nitendofan92 **
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#11 Posted: 04:34:22 28/02/2012
Quote: Wiseman

Well... lets run over numbers here dude.... lets say 80 bucks for the game (over estimating for your sake)... say you buy ALL the giants and new skylanders (not counting the new original ones) that leaves your original $800 down to $720. divide that by 16 new characters, your paying $45 per skylander. No wonder why your being so negative! My advice to you, stay off of ebay man. Be patient.

It depends on where you get your Skylanders.
Ebay is expensive(We saw Cynder for 200 bucks) Target(Which never has any) is the regular price.
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
#12 Posted: 04:52:00 28/02/2012
No, not in my area of the states. The skylanders went up a dollar, and plus tax, making it $10
---
131/174
D-Rex Blue Sparx Gems: 815
#13 Posted: 06:17:33 28/02/2012

Ya know, it'd be nice to not have some negativity. I have plenty of fun with Skylanders, and I know I'll have lots of fun with Giants.

Heck, I've been buying Pokemon for going on 12 years now. Not only is it basically the exact same game, but every 2 years they re-release the exact same thing only with "enhancements". And not once have I ever thought "Oh boy, I'm gonna be ripped off!"

It's their sense of self entitlement, they're not really going to let it go. Yet they're still going to buy it. They're still going to buy the latest Call of Duty and all its DLC (which is even more of a rip-off in my opinion but that's a completely different story alltogether). But in all fairness, the story mode could stand to be a bit longer. Now, Tales of length (50+ hours) is obviously out of the question , but at least increasing the amount of levels could help lengthen the game and make it feel more worth the money.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SilentButDeadly Gold Sparx Gems: 2086
#14 Posted: 14:07:59 28/02/2012
Quote: D-Rex
Now, Tales of length (50+ hours) is obviously out of the question , but at least increasing the amount of levels could help lengthen the game and make it feel more worth the money.

Not to mention worth playing a bit more often. That's my number one biggest problem with the first game. Even with the adventure packs, it isn't worth replaying once you've leveled up your figures. All you have left are heroic challenges, which you can easily burn out on unless you have all 32 challenges.

So I'm hoping that if Giants' story mode isn't going to be long, there will at least be some sorts of extras that would prolong the experience any way.
---
#15 Posted: 14:34:02 28/02/2012
Quote: SilentButDeadly
Now, Tales of length (50+ hours) is obviously out of the question , but at least increasing the amount of levels could help lengthen the game and make it feel more worth the money.

Not to mention worth playing a bit more often. That's my number one biggest problem with the first game. Even with the adventure packs, it isn't worth replaying once you've leveled up your figures. All you have left are heroic challenges, which you can easily burn out on unless you have all 32 challenges.

So I'm hoping that if Giants' story mode isn't going to be long, there will at least be some sorts of extras that would prolong the experience any way.

they will prolong the experience with a new skylander3 in 8 months after the giants and you will have to buy more toys.. that is what they will do.
#16 Posted: 14:48:12 28/02/2012

It's their sense of self entitlement, they're not really going to let it go. Yet they're still going to buy it. They're still going to buy the latest Call of Duty and all its DLC (which is even more of a rip-off in my opinion but that's a completely different story alltogether). But in all fairness, the story mode could stand to be a bit longer. Now, Tales of length (50+ hours) is obviously out of the question , but at least increasing the amount of levels could help lengthen the game and make it feel more worth the money.

i can play cod years after i bought it(dont even have to buy the dlc)... it got online mp and i can play with my friends. and you know what, i dont have to have basement full of plastic toy to play the game.

what tfb should have done with giants is to make only 8 new toys(we allready have 32+++ toys!) and put their focus on online gaming... online co-op main story, online 4 player battle mode and based the home world on the ssu, where people can meet up for a chat and do some mini games or go for co-op/battle mode. but no the giant is a no effort cash grab. they already have the game engine and they just do a little modding here and there, then they send the toy work to china.... while tfb is at home smiling(thinking about the money)and saying the same crap talk in the press as they did for the first game.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 14:52:25 28/02/2012 by kappapopm
JAP28 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1097
#17 Posted: 15:28:54 28/02/2012
^ Yes I do agree. I do love the collecting aspect of Skylanders but feel even with the console version and the 3Ds version, there are too many figures and not enough content!
Would like more to do with this abundance of figures....e-books, more to do with them on your PC, online play, new game on Sony Vita, mini games for $29.99-$39.99, some type of mobile game, even mini games in the arcade on Xbox or Playstaion store ect...
I have soooo many figures I have not even put into the game....I have not played the game in over a month or so, since EOI!
Need more content....not more new figures!

Don't get me wrong I am excited about Giants, but I think they need to address this or they might start to lose some fans.
---
All Current Skylanders just no pearl smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:51:05 28/02/2012 by JAP28
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#18 Posted: 17:45:13 28/02/2012

..............You're my hero.

1. Negativity is perfectly fine. There's nothing wrong about having a different stance on the game than you. Different stances allows for debates, so that way each side can learn new things, and understand why the other person thinks that way.

2. I've only played CoD for 3 years and by MW3 I already knew I was being ripped off with the same game. And to it's credit, it has multiplayer that extends the replay value. You've been playing Pokemon for 12 years. Pokemon is clearly ripping you off. Why you haven't thought about that is far beyond me.

3. You can't kick someone out of a forum section just because you disagree with them. Trying to do that is rather disrespectful. Much more disrespectful than simply disagreeing with someone, like Kappa is doing.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:46:14 28/02/2012 by CAV
#19 Posted: 19:13:34 28/02/2012
Quote: CAV

1. Negativity is perfectly fine. There's nothing wrong about having a different stance on the game than you. Different stances allows for debates, so that way each side can learn new things, and understand why the other person thinks that way.

2. I've only played CoD for 3 years and by MW3 I already knew I was being ripped off with the same game. And to it's credit, it has multiplayer that extends the replay value. You've been playing Pokemon for 12 years. Pokemon is clearly ripping you off. Why you haven't thought about that is far beyond me.

3. You can't kick someone out of a forum section just because you disagree with them. Trying to do that is rather disrespectful. Much more disrespectful than simply disagreeing with someone, like Kappa is doing.

kappa is certainly allowed his opinion. Everyone is for that matter. But we've already had multiple threads (5 from my count) about people's distaste for it. That's all fine and dandy, but what point does it make to come into a thread discussing the release date and say that everyone is going to be ripped off? If there needs to be discussion of hate for the game, it should be done so in another thread, or another part of the forum.

The point I was making with Pokemon is that yes, it's the exact same thing. But never ONCE did I ever feel like I was being ripped off. I love the series, and I love all the things that are added to it in each generation. New gameplay mechanics, new Pokemon, new things to explore. While yes, Giants doesn't look like it's taking much away from the original, it's still gonna have things that I'll enjoy.

Anyways..I don't think we need to discuss this at length. Where was that pic taken anyways? Has anyone seen one of those in like..a mall or something? That'd be pretty cool to see.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 19:16:16 28/02/2012 by spyroflame0487
#20 Posted: 19:54:15 28/02/2012
Quote:
kappa is certainly allowed his opinion. Everyone is for that matter. But we've already had multiple threads (5 from my count) about people's distaste for it. That's all fine and dandy, but what point does it make to come into a thread discussing the release date and say that everyone is going to be ripped off? If there needs to be discussion of hate for the game, it should be done so in another thread, or another part of the forum.

Well these are different people expressing their distaste. Nobody has a problem with 10-15 people making different topics talking about how excited they are. So what's the issue with a few people talking about how they don't like this idea?

Here's the thing though: This IS the part of the forum to discuss it. Nobody is going to talk about their distaste for the game in Stuff and Nonsense or any other part like that, because that's not where it belongs. This is the area where general thoughts of the game are to be expressed, positive or negative.

Quote:
The point I was making with Pokemon is that yes, it's the exact same thing. But never ONCE did I ever feel like I was being ripped off. I love the series, and I love all the things that are added to it in each generation. New gameplay mechanics, new Pokemon, new things to explore. While yes, Giants doesn't look like it's taking much away from the original, it's still gonna have things that I'll enjoy.

Someone could say the exact same thing about CoD, Assassin's Creed, Halo, and just about any sports franchise. But in the case of those games, they'll be lauded and said "That's crazy talk. That's no reason to buy the same game over and over again year after year". This also applies to Pokemon, and this could apply to Giants if this becomes a pattern.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:57:26 28/02/2012 by CAV
#21 Posted: 20:45:26 28/02/2012

i can play cod years after i bought it(dont even have to buy the dlc)... it got online mp and i can play with my friends. and you know what, i dont have to have basement full of plastic toy to play the game.

what tfb should have done with giants is to make only 8 new toys(we allready have 32+++ toys!) and put their focus on online gaming... online co-op main story, online 4 player battle mode and based the home world on the ssu, where people can meet up for a chat and do some mini games or go for co-op/battle mode. but no the giant is a no effort cash grab. they already have the game engine and they just do a little modding here and there, then they send the toy work to china.... while tfb is at home smiling(thinking about the money)and saying the same crap talk in the press as they did for the first game.

A lot of that stuff you've listed is available in the Spyro's Universe thing. Now, I don't know if you play that or not, I don't, but it sounds like that's the online portion of the game, with mini-games, chatting and such. But, really. Online, online, online. That's all I ever hear from you gamers of today. It's not the end all be in all gaming. Yes, it adds a bit more replayabilty, no it's not needed for EVERY game out there. Online =/= a good game worth your money. In fact, an emphasis on online could cause the non-online portion of the game to suffer. Case in point: Twisted Metal. The offline took a huge backseat to the online portion of the game. Unfortunately, the online is severely broken, you're disconnected in the lobby, in the middle of the match, or at the end of it with no proper fix from Sony in sight.

Adding online just adds even more work for TFB. There's not only balancing, there's also server updating, maintenance, and even making the darn things in the first place. All in one year. Remember, Activision wants a new installment every year now, hence why Skylanders is using the same engine. It's the save time so the game can be ready or Activision won't publish. Speaking of TFB, I think you're being a tad bit harsh on them. They're dedicated on making a nice, fun children's game. It's Activision who's to blame for the rushing in the release dates. Activision doesn't care if a game is good or if it even has online. All they care about is on time release at least once a year, every year. Money. Activison turns every franchise under their wing into a cashgrab. It's not just Skylanders. It's CoD, Guitar Hero (and we all know how that turned out), WoW, and others. Skylanders isn't the cause, it's a victim of Activision's hunger for money at the expense of the quality of their products. If TFB found a different publisher than Activison, one who actually cares for the quality of the product they put out, there's really no doubt that the game would be more worth your money both in the offline, and potentially a nice little bit of online co-op and battle as well.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
XSparxX Emerald Sparx Gems: 4752
#22 Posted: 21:31:13 28/02/2012
5-8 Hours for Giants? oO
---
"If I had any humanity left, I would have been crushed by the guilt by now."
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:31:27 28/02/2012 by XSparxX
voodude Blue Sparx Gems: 715
#23 Posted: 22:03:13 28/02/2012
lol this reminds me how i met your mother: the marshal-barney slap bet
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieITALIAsmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#24 Posted: 23:45:06 28/02/2012
This one line stuck out to me:

Adding online just adds even more work for TFB.

So?

Developers are used to working hard to make the best product imaginable. Skylanders wouldn't freaking exist if they didn't work hard. And instead of adding new things to the game, you'd rather they leave everything the same simply so they don't work as much?

Yes, online can be broken, so it's not good to rely on it. But at the same time, if they know what they're doing, online can provide as a good way to keep replay value going. We aren't asking for any sort of massive online experience. We're just asking for online co-op, and maybe online Battle mode. There can't be many bugs in that, since it's only two players connecting online, whereas something like Twisted Metal has more than that.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:46:14 28/02/2012 by CAV
#25 Posted: 00:17:36 29/02/2012
Quote: CAV
This one line stuck out to me:

Adding online just adds even more work for TFB.

So?

It's really hard to take your response seriously because this one bit oozes selfish entitlement. I don't think you understand how much actually goes into these things.

But, in all seriousness, yes, a simple addition to support online co-op and battlemode should theoretically be simple to add. But, you forget that each console uses online differently. It's less about just making it just two people connecting online and more about the service that TFB would have to work under to add online. Nintendo uses their Wi-Fi service (Soon to be the Nintendo Network), Sony uses the PSN, and Xbox has Xbox Live. Making Skylanders compatible for all those services is not as simple as "online is available as soon as you can connect to the Internet". And simplicity would rely on TFB's knowledge and skill of actually making online work, even for something as simple as co-op and battle mode.
---
Sunny Castanets Gold Sparx Gems: 2231
#26 Posted: 06:24:52 29/02/2012
I think Kappa makes a good point, myself, but then a lot of the value of Skylanders comes not just from playing the videogame. Ultimately, its main target demographic (children) will have a lot of fun playing with the figures outside of the videogame, and that's where the value for money comes in.

Half makes me wish I was young enough to be able to play with Skylanders without looking like such a weirdo ;-)
---
Quote: Tashiji
Sunny, as always, you are so darn smart.
Firehead010 Green Sparx Gems: 316
#27 Posted: 18:56:48 14/03/2012

*Cheers and applause*
Yeah! Yay! Let's do it! Can't think of something I would rather do!
---
Don't try to hard to get through life. No one gets out alive anyway. -Random
trentd78 Ripto Gems: 914
#28 Posted: 16:52:17 17/03/2012
its 21st. dark52 told me.
Hexin_Wishes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1522
#29 Posted: 19:18:19 17/03/2012
YAYYY! Gotta save them coins for this.

Lol that's cute that you think the iconic Pokémon series is like Skylanders. Pokémon introduces 150ish new characters, a new location, and attempts to change the storyline of each generation. Each generation comes out 3-5 years between each other. Each game costs roughly 40-60$. Two versions are released yet the Global link renders getting both of them unnecessary. In fact, the extinct third version (thanks to the newly announced sequel version) is not even necessary to complete the game.

Skylanders requires all figures to complete it (even though their data is on disc). Even if you only wanted specific characters, you'd have to shell out 7-12 bucks extra. You also pay an additional 25$+ for an "adventure pack" that simply UNLOCKS an additional level already present on disc. Pokémon had unlockng promotions too, no lie, but they were free.

I love Skylanders and can't wait for Giants but the Pokémon series will still cost less than it will.

P.S. Black 2 & White 2 are coming out in the Fall as well. I wonder if Activision is scared GameFreak will snatch their wig?
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 20:20:20 17/03/2012 by Hexin_Wishes
nitendofan92 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4572
#30 Posted: 19:41:50 17/03/2012
^this
---
THE END IS NEAR
#31 Posted: 11:31:39 18/03/2012
Quote: Hexin_Wishes

P.S. Black 2 & White 2 are coming out in the Fall as well. I wonder if Activision is scared GameFreak will snatch their wig?

ugh black2? white2? nintendo has already finished colors and gems?
---
#32 Posted: 15:07:50 18/03/2012
wait do u mean pokemon? this is insane.
---
131/174
Whirlwind5598 Green Sparx Gems: 332
#33 Posted: 17:24:41 18/03/2012
Ok you people seriously don't know anything. There is an entire topic for black and white 2 and for pokemon, plus its everywhere on the pokemon news sites like pokebeach and serebii. Its even on the official pokemon site. You have the internet at your hands and you don't know this? wow. just wow.

And if you're going to start talking about it then take it to the video gaming forum on the black and white 2 topic.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie

Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:25:46 18/03/2012 by Whirlwind5598
#34 Posted: 18:37:27 18/03/2012
Quote: Whirlwind5598
Ok you people seriously don't know anything. There is an entire topic for black and white 2 and for pokemon, plus its everywhere on the pokemon news sites like pokebeach and serebii. Its even on the official pokemon site. You have the internet at your hands and you don't know this? wow. just wow.

And if you're going to start talking about it then take it to the video gaming forum on the black and white 2 topic.

sorry i didn't want to upset you
---
Whirlwind5598 Green Sparx Gems: 332
#35 Posted: 02:30:54 19/03/2012
I'm not upset or mad or anything I'm just saying.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie

Hexin_Wishes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1522
#36 Posted: 02:43:44 19/03/2012
LOL sarcasm went over someone's head I see...
SkylanderExpert Green Sparx Gems: 127
#37 Posted: 00:22:21 11/05/2012
I figured out the exact date for the release using a date calculator online. The exact date was October 20,2012 at 11:00 AM
---
Currently Owned: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
SparCrux1101 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1898
#38 Posted: 03:22:10 16/05/2012

Lol that's cute that you think the iconic Pokémon series is like Skylanders. Pokémon introduces 150ish new characters, a new location, and attempts to change the storyline of each generation. Each generation comes out 3-5 years between each other. Each game costs roughly 40-60$. Two versions are released yet the Global link renders getting both of them unnecessary. In fact, the extinct third version (thanks to the newly announced sequel version) is not even necessary to complete the game.

Skylanders requires all figures to complete it (even though their data is on disc). Even if you only wanted specific characters, you'd have to shell out 7-12 bucks extra. You also pay an additional 25$+ for an "adventure pack" that simply UNLOCKS an additional level already present on disc. Pokémon had unlockng promotions too, no lie, but they were free.

I love Skylanders and can't wait for Giants but the Pokémon series will still cost less than it will.

i like your side of the argument, but you rather exaggerated some bits of data. the pokemon games are made and released in about 8 months to 1 and a half years. and the third is released [i]after[i] the first two are, making you want to buy too it because of the extended features. skylanders dont require you to buy all of them. you can beat the storyline just fine with about 5 of them. the adventure packs arent $25+, they are $20 to $25 in stores. and you left out the part that pokemon does try to get you to collect all the cards and figures they make. pokemon has a really repetitive story line and doesnt always have new pokemon every game. (and skylanders doesnt remake their game every other time a new one comes out) btw, dont get me wrong, i love both skylanders and pokemon (ps, off topic: i heard pokemon ppls are remaking the emerald/ruby/sapphire games in the graphics of black and white)
---
WTB: Molten Hot dog
c/._.c\ Dancin puddin /b._.\b
dragonmk Blue Sparx Gems: 761
#39 Posted: 22:58:33 28/05/2012
Quote: SparCrux1101

i like your side of the argument, but you rather exaggerated some bits of data. the pokemon games are made and released in about 8 months to 1 and a half years. and the third is released [i]after[i] the first two are, making you want to buy too it because of the extended features. skylanders dont require you to buy all of them. you can beat the storyline just fine with about 5 of them. the adventure packs arent $25+, they are $20 to $25 in stores. and you left out the part that pokemon does try to get you to collect all the cards and figures they make. pokemon has a really repetitive story line and doesnt always have new pokemon every game. (and skylanders doesnt remake their game every other time a new one comes out) btw, dont get me wrong, i love both skylanders and pokemon (ps, off topic: i heard pokemon ppls are remaking the emerald/ruby/sapphire games in the graphics of black and white)

You both have interesting points skylanders just came out and the collecting them all if kind of hard. Finding adventure packs in the store would be 20 to 25 dollars + Tax but getting them online would be over that. If Skylanders came out with a trading card game and all of the other merchandise that Pokemon has created over the years I am pretty sure Activision would want to do the same. For all we know the Giants game could have a new dark evil person or skylandergiant trying to take over the skylands you have to find 8 power sources to generate enough power to get to their lair and fight them on a giant chess board (skylanders games is just beggining and we don't know how its gonna be). Pokemon Triads (yellow, crystal, emerald, platinum, and black and white 2) don't usually come out till after a year or so again to not drop the hype of pokemon and they do have a slightly different story line. I beat the game got all of the achievements though the starting skylanders but getting all the little details and the treasures that you can see in the game is being blocked by another element. getting 100% is the old pokemon games requires both versions of the game which is around 60 dollars and for the third would be the same price 30 so in total 90. While the starter set for skylanders is $60 and don't forget all the little things that you would have to buy + 4 adventure packs around 20 dollars (3 + 4 = 7/32 skylanders and 6/8 elements) and then the elements you don't have 2 for 7 dollars (9/32 skylanders and 8/8 elements needed to get 100% complete is all elements) so having that it would be 60 +80(4*20) +14( 7*2)= $154 minimum for a game completion. Or if you wanted to get the other elements and not go through the adventure packs (5 *7) so around $95 for all the elements
---
I havent updated since I don't particularly care but I have gotten all the skylanders except varients only ones are glow Warnado and WERDS
JuLeDoS Blue Sparx Gems: 653
#40 Posted: 23:12:13 28/05/2012

I spent roughly $350 dollars on my collection, and not once did I feel that I was getting ripped off. The main story mode took me 10 hours, plus an additional 10-15 trying to find all the secret items, etc. In addition, every Skylander unlocks a heroic challenge that lasts about 5 minutes and gives your Skylander extra power. There are 32 of them, and if you spend , say, 3 minutes on each with all 37 characters, that's around 59 hours and 15 minutes of additional gameplay. Not to mention the time you spend trying to upgrade and level up all of your characters. And then if you use your characters in the online game to increase your hero level, you could easily spend up to 5 hours per character trying to get it to reach the maximum. That's an additional 185 hours if you try to get all your figures to the highest level. Not to mention all the time I spent looking online and in stores hunting for Skylanders. This is roughly 7 hours of entertainment for character if you buy them all, and I'll gladly choose to spend 8 dollars on a Skylanders figure rather than 1/6 of a map pack for Call of Duty.
10+15+60+185=270 hours of gameplay.
350/270= $1.26 per hour of gameplay. Hardly a ripoff compared to buying a Call of Duty game every time and spending 15 hours on it.
---
Are you my mummy?
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me