darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Giants > Sorry to say it but there will be...
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Sorry to say it but there will be... [CLOSED]
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#1 Posted: 12:12:03 12/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Sorry to say it but there will be...

NO online play (co-op/VS 4 player)
NO ability to jump
NO PC/MAC version
NO Difficulty selector "Easy, Medium, Hard"
NO more than 20 levels
NO over stocked shelves in target/toysrus/etc.(they already have 32++ toys to be released and there is 44++ new one coming)

..and maybe there is time for a wake up call..

What you will get is more variants of the toys and more adventure packs. Some of these variants will be packed with the adventure packs. So they can sell them and trick you into collecting the variants... and what will you do with the toys when your finished with the game?. If you bought 32++ toys for the first game then the 16++ toys for the second game, that is a hell of a lot of plastic to put outta the way or put on your shelves. if it had an online part with matchmaking etc you could at least be playing the game now and then. After paying $800 or something close, that most of us will be. There is not much staying power in the skylanders games, so the question is raised, is it worth it the second time?...

i know i was excited for the giants in the beginning but i am getting serious cold feets....

-------

*UPDATE 19/06/2012*

1. expect no skipping of text boxes and other repeatable content.
2. older figurines have no extra upgrade path
3. you want more upgrade path, buy the remake of the old figurines.

in other words if you bought the whole 32 'collect'em all' from the first game. the old figurines are nerfed and are up against other characters with more power. so if you play them, expect to die a lot. its another con to get you to buy the remake figurines....

one thing positive thou, difficulty selector have been added to the game, since this post was made. but the rest is the same!...
Edited 5 times - Last edited at 14:40:00 19/06/2012 by kappapopm
reventon777 Green Sparx Gems: 258
#2 Posted: 12:18:37 12/02/2012
Im getting cold feet too...brrr
---
Own:smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Join my mates Minecraft server! 85.236.100.180:26065!
JAP28 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1097
#3 Posted: 14:05:55 12/02/2012
Looks like there is NO clock either (telling you how fast you are doing the stage)!
They did not listen to anything we wanted!!!! hahahaha

Brrrrr I feel a bit of a draft.....

I am really not super surprised with all your "NO"s though.
It really seems as though they are becoming more of a toy-line and the game is just an added throw in!
Don't get me wrong I do like the collecting factor of Skylanders too.
I really wanted to see more games content, even more stages or mini campaigns. Would probably buy more content if it was $39.99 or something.
They will have enough toys....need to get going on actual games, stories for all the different systems.
If I had a choice between two new triple packs or some new content to play....I would choose the new content!
---
All Current Skylanders just no pearl smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:06:49 12/02/2012 by JAP28
Rays Green Sparx Gems: 392
#4 Posted: 14:19:10 12/02/2012
Quote: kappapopm

NO ability to jump
NO PC/MAC version
NO more than 20 levels
NO over stocked shelves in target/toysrus/etc.(they already have 32++ toys to be released and there is 44++ new one coming)

What you will get is more variants of the toys and more adventure packs. Some of these variants will be packed with the adventure packs. So they can sell them and trick you into collecting the variants... and what will you do with the toys when your finished with the game?. If you bought 32++ toys for the first game then the 16++ toys for the second game, that is a hell of a lot of plastic to put outta the way or put on your shelves. if it had an online part with matchmaking etc you could at least be playing the game now and then. After paying $800 or something close, that most of us will be. There is not much staying power in the skylanders games, so the question is raised, is it worth it the second time?...

i know i was excited for the giants in the beginning but i am getting serious cold feets....

How do you know there is no online.
---
Youtube account: KoopaBoo2
PortalMaster #517721
Skylanders owned: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
ialexonline Green Sparx Gems: 452
#5 Posted: 14:33:26 12/02/2012
Yeah where is all this info coming from besides the PC/Mac versions.

The great part is that this will come out before christmas, so i'm assuming the shelves will be pretty stocked on release day and it'll only be collectors and scalpers going to get them. Parents will wait for christmas.

I don't plan to buy any redesigns unless they come with an adventure pack or they're in a 3 pack with a new character I want. I wont even buy all the new characters. I just want the giants and some of the cooler ones. I didn't even want all the characters in this game...I just ended up with them through 3 packs. and because toys r us had the packs buy 1 get 1.
---
Skylanders I own: smiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#6 Posted: 15:11:57 12/02/2012

NO online play (co-op/VS 4 player)*
NO ability to jump
NO PC/MAC version
NO more than 20 levels

Why 'No more than 20 levels'? The first game had more than 20 levels, so why shouldn't this? All the other stuff, I think is pretty obvious but why make that one particular point?

Quote: Rays

Because it's a game built for the Wii... Do you want to mess around with friend codes?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:12:44 12/02/2012 by bionicle2809
#7 Posted: 15:33:24 12/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: bionicle2809

NO online play (co-op/VS 4 player)*
NO ability to jump
NO PC/MAC version
NO more than 20 levels

Why 'No more than 20 levels'? The first game had more than 20 levels, so why shouldn't this? All the other stuff, I think is pretty obvious but why make that one particular point?

Because it's a game built for the Wii... Do you want to mess around with friend codes?

i see now that i should have said no more levels than the skylanders spyro adventure, instead of just say 20... anyway you blasted through the levels in 5 hours easily. now they are going to release skylanders giants and i bet yet again your going to blast through the levels in 5 hours, if your not buying the extra toys... the adventure pack i was going to get all but i just played the crypt one, and i blasted though it in 15min and the boss fight what a joke... these adventure packs are just pointless and feel like they are there just to sell more plastic.

the wii have online game play and a matchmaking system can be easily made, dont need to mess around with codes or whatever...
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#8 Posted: 15:33:46 12/02/2012
I don't care.

I collect tons of other figures, and almost all of them are crappy looking compared to the sculpts of the Skylanders. I'd clear off all my shelves to make more room for them, but some of the things in my room don't have anywhere else to go.

I'm still quite curious as to what they meant by connectivity to Universe. That's what we should be paying the most attention to, since right now, Universe is still really buggy.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
#9 Posted: 15:34:43 12/02/2012
I think once the Wii-U comes out and a 3rd Skylanders we might see a better online experience on all the platforms!
Fingers crossed!
---
#10 Posted: 15:45:40 12/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: JAP28
Looks like there is NO clock either (telling you how fast you are doing the stage)!
They did not listen to anything we wanted!!!! hahahaha

Brrrrr I feel a bit of a draft.....

I am really not super surprised with all your "NO"s though.
It really seems as though they are becoming more of a toy-line and the game is just an added throw in!
Don't get me wrong I do like the collecting factor of Skylanders too.
I really wanted to see more games content, even more stages or mini campaigns. Would probably buy more content if it was $39.99 or something.
They will have enough toys....need to get going on actual games, stories for all the different systems.
If I had a choice between two new triple packs or some new content to play....I would choose the new content!

yeah it feels like the game is not at the attention but only the toys. 8 toys for each game and the adventure packs have been more enough for the first skylanders. the same goes for the giant game... i love the idea of toys function with the game but its just getting to much toys, you have no proper use for them ingame. your going to repeat the game and heroic challenges 32++ times for each toy?.. you done 8 your pretty much finished with the game.
#11 Posted: 15:49:14 12/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: JAP28
I think once the Wii-U comes out and a 3rd Skylanders we might see a better online experience on all the platforms!
Fingers crossed!

me to i hope for online gaming at least for skylanders3 or i am out for good... for now i am on the fence for giants...
#12 Posted: 16:03:47 12/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: spyroflame0487
I don't care.

I collect tons of other figures, and almost all of them are crappy looking compared to the sculpts of the Skylanders. I'd clear off all my shelves to make more room for them, but some of the things in my room don't have anywhere else to go.

I'm still quite curious as to what they meant by connectivity to Universe. That's what we should be paying the most attention to, since right now, Universe is still really buggy.

i see the fun in collecting but there comes a time when you need the space and interest for the skylanders are not there, then what?... if it had a online part it at least would be more of a replay value, even games from 2009 that have online function is still played on the ps3. at the moment skylanders are the coolest thing and the toys are awesome but there is nearly no game there.

skylanders universe is a joke, they made that instead of making a proper matchmaking system for the online game play... look at little big planet or modnation racers, just think how cool skylanders would have been if they have done something similar but in a skylanders universe. but no it is more of they interest to puke out a game in 8 months even before they have released all the stuff from the first game.
Ibishou Red Sparx Gems: 78
#13 Posted: 16:32:31 12/02/2012
Well, at least the toys are very good quality with excellent warranty system. Enough for me.
---
smilie
SilentButDeadly Gold Sparx Gems: 2086
#14 Posted: 17:30:46 12/02/2012
No more than 20 levels? Dear god. Those levels better be long. Or divided into big sub-levels.
---
dark52 Spyro the Admin Gems: 13885
#15 Posted: 18:03:08 12/02/2012
For game length they said this:

Quote:
How many levels are there in Giants?
There are more than 15 levels that feature unique terrain, fortresses, obstacles and other mysteries.

How many hours of gameplay will Skylanders Giants deliver?
The play time will be on par with Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure, as players will be able to engage in exploration, puzzle solving, head-to-head and co-op play with all of the new characters and their existing line-up from Spyro’s Adventure.
---
If for any reason you're not completely satisfied, I hate you.
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#16 Posted: 18:13:43 12/02/2012
Translation: This game is no different than the previous one, only this time the PC gamers get screwed over because they don't get a version, AAAAAND the game might have even less levels than the first.

Still think Activision knows what they're doing?
#17 Posted: 18:24:06 12/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: CAV
Translation: This game is no different than the previous one, only this time the PC gamers get screwed over because they don't get a version, AAAAAND the game might have even less levels than the first.

i think they have gone overboard with the toys this time, 44++ new toys. the 8 giants will also be need to unlock parts of the game, without them your looking at a 5hour game play at $60-70...
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 18:27:05 12/02/2012 by kappapopm
#18 Posted: 18:27:51 12/02/2012
Essentially, what disappointed me most about Skylanders is back for another round.

I could easily deal without online play if the main game was longer, or even at least harder. This isn't the case, and it would probably be the biggest reason why I skip this. Hell, even if it was the same stuff, if it was longer, I would've considered it. But it seems even shorter than the first game. If only Tashiji was right about it being an expansion pack. I wouldn't be so disappointed if that was the case.
#19 Posted: 18:31:02 12/02/2012
Quote: dark52

Quote:
There are more than 15 levels that feature unique terrain, fortresses, obstacles and other mysteries.

The play time will be on par with Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure, as players will be able to engage in exploration, puzzle solving, head-to-head and co-op play with all of the new characters and their existing line-up from Spyro’s Adventure.

Oh well, there you go then. Although, I have a feeling that to complete most of the levels (even for the story) you'll have to go through them twice. Once as a normal Skylander and once as a Giant. Or it could simply be that the levels are longer.
#20 Posted: 18:33:21 12/02/2012
20 levels is perhaps the only thing that disappoints me thus far. Especially since the first game had 23 of them, not including adventure packs.

My only hope now is that the Giant figures themselves also count as adventure packs. But the odds of that are ... ?
---
Monsinour Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#21 Posted: 19:02:35 12/02/2012

Who pissed in your cornflakes this morning?

PC gamers aren't getting screwed. Activision might have seen where all the leaks about characters and levels came from combined with the poor platform sales (this never really was a pc game. Kids want it on a console not pc) and that could be why its not coming back to PC. Personally, the security breaches alone is reason enough for me to not have it on the PC.

Fewer levels isn't so bad when looking at this as an expansion pack. Since gameplay didn't change, nothing innovative is being introduced, this really has to be considered as an expansion pack and not a new game. Based on that, I would certainly hope they would charge less than $60 for it without the portal.
---
My kids own :
useless pieces of plastic
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
#22 Posted: 20:33:06 12/02/2012
^Activision did. It didn't taste good.

The security breaches are an issue, but there are still people out there that would've plain out bought the game and toys fairly. Besides, it was mentioned about how the portal works as an anti-piracy device. And the time someone tried to hack into the game, Acti stopped them before they could even get started.

I would agree with you if it wasn't the fact that according to Aura, it's already been announced that this is a full-fledged sequel, NOT an expansion. If it was an expansion just to hold us off for now, I wouldn't have a problem.
voodude Blue Sparx Gems: 715
#23 Posted: 20:52:53 12/02/2012
but... they are still testing the game? cause they may change something at the "last minute"...
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieITALIAsmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#24 Posted: 20:59:00 12/02/2012
Yah and 44 figures (toys) is a lot for a game that initially seems shorter than the first?
But I guess many of those are duplicates.....but still!!!!!!

But maybe there will be even more integration with them .....console versions, 3Ds version, Better online PC Universe? Sony Vita? iPad ect....

We need to look at little at the positives, could have been worse, at least our original characters work with Giants!
Imagine if it was all new????
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:21:56 12/02/2012 by JAP28
Whirlwind5598 Green Sparx Gems: 332
#25 Posted: 22:12:27 12/02/2012

NO ability to jump
NO PC/MAC version
NO more than 20 levels

I don't really want the game anymore. smilie
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie

TheSpyrofan12 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#26 Posted: 22:50:28 12/02/2012

NO ability to jump
NO PC/MAC version

NO more than 20 levels

@bold. Why am I not suprised?
---
Bring the Fanta
D-Rex Blue Sparx Gems: 815
#27 Posted: 23:37:02 12/02/2012

Today's gamers are so spoiled that EVERY game has to have online. "What's that? Legend of Zelda doesn't have online play? NO BUY." But in the interest of fairness, I do agree it'll add to the replay value of the game.

Quote:
NO ability to jump
It's a Gauntlet style RPG/action game like the Diablo series. It doesn't need jumping, it's not a platformer. If the 3DS version wasn't a platformer and more of a watered down version of what's on the consoles, THEN we'd have a problem.

Quote:
NO PC/MAC version
This is a problem, though I don't think the PC version for Spyro's Adventure sold that well to begin with.

Quote:
It would've been nice to have, especially to add replay value.

Quote:
NO more than 20 levels
THIS would be a huge problem. If the game was at least as long as Spyro's Adventure, that'd be acceptable, but questionable. If it's shorter then that's a very bad sign. This bit here is my biggest concern.

Quote:
Didn't Activision say they're going to be more ontop of the stock from Wave 4 and out? Even then it'd be hard to keep shelves stock due to all the scalpers and such.

Quote:
if it had an online part with matchmaking etc you could at least be playing the game now and then.
Matchmaking? What is this, Call of Duty? What else do you want, K/D ratios? I think an online service similar to what most FPS games have would be much too daunting to add for Giants or even a third installment.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:37:27 12/02/2012 by D-Rex
#28 Posted: 23:39:54 12/02/2012
^ Kinda my views. Except it's understandable for people to be disappointed with lack of online play.

Again, I'm just disappointed with the levels (unless they were longer) and the difficulty selector. You'd hope that the addition of giants would imply higher difficulty level, at least.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:40:15 12/02/2012 by SilentButDeadly
#29 Posted: 23:50:44 12/02/2012
Quote: D-Rex

Today's gamers are so spoiled that EVERY game has to have online. "What's that? Legend of Zelda doesn't have online play? NO BUY." But in the interest of fairness, I do agree it'll add to the replay value of the game.

It's a Gauntlet style RPG/action game like the Diablo series. It doesn't need jumping, it's not a platformer. If the 3DS version wasn't a platformer and more of a watered down version of what's on the consoles, THEN we'd have a problem.

But there's a difference. Skylanders seems to pride itself on being co-op. Zelda is a single player experience. There SHOULDN'T be a multiplayer for Zelda. But Skylanders not only had co-op, but it also had a Battle mode. Having online would've extended the replay value, like you said.

It is a gauntlet style game. But prior to that, it was being listed as a platformer. A platformer with no jumping.
#30 Posted: 00:51:55 13/02/2012
Quote: D-Rex

But there's a difference. Skylanders seems to pride itself on being co-op. Zelda is a single player experience. There SHOULDN'T be a multiplayer for Zelda. But Skylanders not only had co-op, but it also had a Battle mode. Having online would've extended the replay value, like you said.

It is a gauntlet style game. But prior to that, it was being listed as a platformer. A platformer with no jumping.

Except, it's a game built for the Wii. The Wii's online experience is just... Well, terrible. If there's another Skylanders game for the Wii U, then it will most likely have online play. Personally, I think they should have waited until the Wii U came out, because there could be far much more potential with the new system, especially since the Wii U tablet will have NFC.
Ibishou Red Sparx Gems: 78
#31 Posted: 02:43:07 13/02/2012
Oh I'm most certainly sure they are working on something for the launch of Wii U. I tend to have good feelings. smilie
---
smilie
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#32 Posted: 03:39:41 13/02/2012
Is this speculation, or do you have a source?
Sunny Castanets Gold Sparx Gems: 2231
#33 Posted: 05:27:47 13/02/2012
Yeah, I'm definitely going to hold my judgement until more is known on this. I'm still kinda on the fence about it because I loved the original Skylanders, but given the grief I've had trying to get the figures (people complain about only getting deliveries once a week or whatever, try having NO SKYLANDERS coming to your town whatsoever!) and the idea of having to collect a bunch more of the things kinda fills me with dread.
---
Quote: Tashiji
Sunny, as always, you are so darn smart.
Dragons-go-hrr Platinum Sparx Gems: 6991
#34 Posted: 05:45:03 13/02/2012

NO ability to jump
NO PC/MAC version
NO more than 20 levels

Now I don't feel so bad about not being able to get this game cus of the lack of PC version. It's obviously gonna be just a carbon copy of the original, but with LESS levels, and some super sized Skylanders, which i have no intrest in whatsoever.
---
"Was it a hot ghost?"
FireMeowth Emerald Sparx Gems: 3230
#35 Posted: 08:34:33 13/02/2012

NO ability to jump

Why am I not disappointed?

(...Well, I guess it's because I don't think Skylanders need any of those.)
GamerSpyro Green Sparx Gems: 178
#36 Posted: 20:26:29 15/02/2012
I mainly want online play because everyone in my school thinks the games that I like suck so which you you want no1 to play with OR online play and I'm still gonna have hope dispite what you may say
XSparxX Emerald Sparx Gems: 4752
#37 Posted: 20:38:58 15/02/2012
Where is your source? I don't believe it, without a source.
---
"If I had any humanity left, I would have been crushed by the guilt by now."
lemmingluv Ripto Gems: 907
#38 Posted: 21:13:35 15/02/2012
*shivers*

i HATED not being able to jump in the first one. holy carp, it drove me insane!!
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#39 Posted: 21:58:12 15/02/2012
Until we hear from Activision/Toys for Bob all of this (except the no p.c. version part) is speculation. Plus we do know that this isn't simply a Wii port and that each console is getting a tailored version that best works with each system. That audio interview states as much. Plus lets just say the same features from the first game are the same as the second...is that really that bad? We already know there will be two ways to play each level. We can play the normal way with a standard sized Skylander or we can play with a giant. I believe they also stated that the play through time will be right around that same time as the first game...again why is that bad? If you liked the first game and the second game is supposed to be like the first just with new ways to play what is the big damn deal. I love the fact that I'm getting a version made for my PS3 and not just some port. Plus the fact that ALLLLLLL of my Skylanders will not only be usable but will be able to gain new levels in the new game (and hopefully be able to be switched back to where they were in the first game). I would love online play but it's not exactly a deal breaker. Since this is still being marketed as a kids game a lot of parents still get freaked out at the prospect of their children associating with strangers over any network. So I can see it not making it in for a while. I'd rather have difficulty settings than online play if I had to choose.
Rays Green Sparx Gems: 392
#40 Posted: 22:00:24 15/02/2012

Quote:

Oh that sucks. I was hoping it will be more than 25. Around 15 isn't enough levels.
---
Youtube account: KoopaBoo2
PortalMaster #517721
Skylanders owned: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#41 Posted: 22:04:16 15/02/2012

Quote:

Oh that sucks. I was hoping it will be more than 25. Around 15 isn't enough levels.

Read it again. It says "There are more than 15 levels that feature unique terrain, fortresses, obstacles and other mysteries." I take that to mean 15 new levels specifically suited for the Giants or just overall new gameplay options. Since they state that the play through time is on par with the first game I would expect the same amount of all levels.
GothamLord Yellow Sparx Gems: 1790
#42 Posted: 22:14:34 15/02/2012
We'll likely have levels that we need a Giant character to access certain areas similar to how we currently need Skylanders of a paticular element right now to get to them. Given there are Giants now, few levels could also mean longer levels. The keyword however is "more" so I suspect 15 is low balling it and will more than likely be higher.
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#43 Posted: 22:48:49 15/02/2012
Usually when something says "More than X" its usually like one or 2 from whatever X is. So since they're saying "More than 15" you'd probably see like 16 or 17.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
spyrathedragon Gold Sparx Gems: 2683
#44 Posted: 23:49:06 15/02/2012
Activision doesn't listen worth ****.

this is why i hate them
---
Lovatic for life. <3
The Peace Keepers
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#45 Posted: 01:04:06 16/02/2012
Quote: spyroflame0487
Usually when something says "More than X" its usually like one or 2 from whatever X is. So since they're saying "More than 15" you'd probably see like 16 or 17.

That... Or, it could mean that they've planned/made 15 already and aren't sure if they're going to plan/make anymore.
#46 Posted: 04:08:05 16/02/2012
They will probably have another 20 plus levels. They simply stated that there will be more than 15 levels with new game play features. I'm curious as to how they are going to do the adventure packs this time around. They technically have 40 figures to release with this set so they have options here.
SkyDaddy Blue Sparx Gems: 692
#47 Posted: 04:17:10 16/02/2012
No online PVP mode is a bummer. Having the ability to battle against anybody online opens up a lot of possibilities with this game (tournaments, ladders, contests, etc). Im sure everyone is itching to show off their battle mode skills. I for one could see myself spending hours trying to play every figure and figuring out which are awesome figs for PVP.

I know a lot is involved in getting this feature to work and I would not mind if it would be a console-to-console basis meaning xbox skylanders players can only battle other xbox skylanders players. Just getting online PVP mode to work is a pretty big step.
---
-- PortalMasters.net -- Check out my site and get a chance to win Lightning Rod , Ignitor and other single character packs!
#48 Posted: 04:20:51 16/02/2012
The more I think about it I just don't see a viable way to make online multiplayer worth it for them. I would be very happy if they found a way to incorporate 4 players however.
SkyDaddy Blue Sparx Gems: 692
#49 Posted: 04:53:07 16/02/2012
Online coop and pvp mode gives players more reason to keep playing. The more hours players play the game the more it keeps the player interested in the game which in turn keep them playing, buying figures etc, etc.

Take for example counterstrike, the mod became bigger the actual game (half-life). I can count how many times I've played half-life but I can't tell you how many hours I've logged playing counter-strike. Same goes for titles like Call of Duty modern warfare. The single player game itself is awesome but I bet most of the COD players log twice as much hours playing the online deathmatch or team game. The maps may be the same but the people playing them will always be different.

I mean how long will you keep playing the same levels over and over again regardless what figure you use? Even with new figures, the levels are not going to change BUT with battle mode the experience is different with every figure and every opponent. Make it an online experience where you CAN have countless opponents then you could well end up double, triple or quadruple the hours that you will spend on the game as compared to playing the story mode.

I know this by experience because we've pretty much got tired of replaying the chapters once we finished the game. We actually spend time leveling the figures because we wanted to use them for PVP and off course no one wants to go head to head with a weak figure.
---
-- PortalMasters.net -- Check out my site and get a chance to win Lightning Rod , Ignitor and other single character packs!
#50 Posted: 05:12:45 16/02/2012
Quote: SkyDaddy
Online coop and pvp mode gives players more reason to keep playing. The more hours players play the game the more it keeps the player interested in the game which in turn keep them playing, buying figures etc, etc.

Take for example counterstrike, the mod became bigger the actual game (half-life). I can count how many times I've played half-life but I can't tell you how many hours I've logged playing counter-strike. Same goes for titles like Call of Duty modern warfare. The single player game itself is awesome but I bet most of the COD players log twice as much hours playing the online deathmatch or team game. The maps may be the same but the people playing them will always be different.

I mean how long will you keep playing the same levels over and over again regardless what figure you use? Even with new figures, the levels are not going to change BUT with battle mode the experience is different with every figure and every opponent. Make it an online experience where you CAN have countless opponents then you could well end up double, triple or quadruple the hours that you will spend on the game as compared to playing the story mode.

I know this by experience because we've pretty much got tired of replaying the chapters once we finished the game. We actually spend time leveling the figures because we wanted to use them for PVP and off course no one wants to go head to head with a weak figure.

I totally get what you're saying but a few things don't apply here. For starters we aren't talking about a teen/mature first person shooter here we're talking about a dungeon crawler designed for 7-12 year olds. The usual online rules don't apply here. Parents would need to know their kids aren't playing with a pedophile or an f-bomb dropper while their 7-12 year old is playing some online pvp. The other issue here is that we are dealing with peripherals here and not just software. They would need to start making Evil Skylanders to make that work. This leads me to my next issue, context. Under what situation would 8v8 Skylanders fight each other. That's why you would need evil Skylanders to make this work. Now you could have one team control the original Skylanders and the other term would control their applicable "minion" version but I'm not sure how fun that would be (it could be fun thought I'm sure). Now I'm sure Activision would love to sell more figures, especially since they've already shipped 20 million of them but we will have to wait and see how well Giants does before they go in that direction.
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me