Page 1 of 1
People.... [CLOSED]
IF Green Sparx Gems: 488
#1 Posted: 19:15:19 08/02/2012 | Topic Creator
I fairly enjoyed this game.
(Prepares for flaming)
It does NOT have that bad of a loading time. I counted 15 seconds AT THE MOST for the loading times.
And seriously, If your game is just SOOO bad, then go get some chips or a soda while you wait for your longer loading times.

The glitches are not spamming all over the place. If spyro happens to do a funky half charge-jump then you turn it off, and start over for that portion of the time-being. If you're TRYING to make a glitch happen, then thats a different story. Glitchithchyness can be fun until it hacks with your ability to properly navigate the level. I had almost no glitches. Point Spoken.

The storyline was ment FOR KIDS. Only a KID would not be the one to overly calculate the plotline.
HOW dragonflies keep health for dragons?? Dont know, dont really care. It's just enjoyable to play. I've read this game was rushed and that Crush and Gulp never really got anything plot-wise. Actually I'm quite glad, I didn't like gulp in the GBA 'cause he killed me dead within'..what? Ten seconds flat? Opinion is there.
It's almost sad because with the correct execution, this game would be more appealing to more than just me and about five other people. Point Spoken.

Believe it or not, this is supposed to be a offensive-with-meaning post. And when I wrote this, I felt like a good rant at the time.
Opinions and Flames alike are loved. (Edit 14/2/12 ForeverAlone)

Flame/Troll...wait, trolling is fun these days so Flame and correct me. Go on, The flames will reheat my tea.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:28:07 14/02/2012 by IF
Mariofanstar Blue Sparx Gems: 500
#2 Posted: 13:07:34 09/02/2012
Quote: IF
(Prepares for flaming)
It does NOT have that bad of a loading time. I counted 15 seconds AT THE MOST for the loading times.
And seriously, If your game is just SOOO bad, then go get some chips or a soda while you wait for your longer loading times.

The glitches are not spamming all over the place. If spyro happens to do a funky half charge-jump then you turn it off, and start over for that portion of the time-being. If you're TRYING to make a glitch happen, then thats a different story. Glitchithchyness can be fun until it hacks with your ability to properly navigate the level. I had almost no glitches. Point Spoken.

The storyline was ment FOR KIDS. Only a KID would not be the one to overly calculate the plotline.
HOW dragonflies keep health for dragons?? Dont know, dont really care. It's just enjoyable to play. I've read this game was rushed and that Crush and Gulp never really got anything plot-wise. Actually I'm quite glad, I didn't like gulp in the GBA 'cause he killed me dead within'..what? Ten seconds flat? Opinion is there.
It's almost sad because with the correct execution, this game would be more appealing to more than just me and about five other people. Point Spoken.

Another thing: If you haven't PLAYED THIS GAME FOR YOURSELF, Please no saying "Omgee guyz, wurst guame evar."

Flame/Troll...wait, trolling is fun these days so Flame and correct me. Go on, The flames will reheat my tea.

The only good bits were the music and voice acting (and perhaps the dialogue). But the rest pretty much went downhill. If only Crush and Gulp didn't speak and the game wasn't rushed, it would have been an adequate game. I've heard that Gnasty Gnorc would have been included but instead he was mentioned by Ripto.
---
I'm officially leaving at 9:00pm.
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#3 Posted: 13:25:47 09/02/2012
(Prepares for flaming)

Another thing: If you haven't PLAYED THIS GAME FOR YOURSELF, Please no saying "Omgee guyz, wurst guame evar."

Oh well that's your opinion, my opinion the game is rubbish. And yes I have played this game for myself so many times, and I've only manged to complete it fully once due to the amount of glitches I get that slows me down even further. I'd rather watch paint dry, actually no, it's like watching paint dry. To the bold part: I have played this game so I guess that means I'm allowed to have an opinon right? I'm not trying to flame you at all. By the way I can't even breathe fire. /sarcasm
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
#4 Posted: 17:58:37 09/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: SuperSpyroFan
(Prepares for flaming)

Oh well that's your opinion, my opinion the game is rubbish.
And yes I have played this game for myself so many times, and I've only manged to complete it fully once due to the amount of glitches I get that slows me down even further.
I'd rather watch paint dry, actually no, it's like watching paint dry. To the bold part: I have played this game so I guess that means I'm allowed to have an opinon right? I'm not trying to flame you at all. By the way I can't even breathe fire. /sarcasm

Yes you are entitled to have an opinion. smilie.
Never said you couldn't.
Pff, if I could breath fire.....I'd make scrambled eggs and toast the marshmallows that I dont even have.
BE BOLD MY FRIEND!! Yes, be bold. Even so....WAIT...do you think that the amount of glitches could be because of a bad disc?
#5 Posted: 18:04:55 09/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote:
The only good bits were the music and voice acting (and perhaps the dialogue). But the rest pretty much went downhill. If only Crush and Gulp didn't speak and the game wasn't rushed, it would have been an adequate game. I've heard that Gnasty Gnorc would have been included but instead he was mentioned by Ripto.

Now that I think about it...why was it rushed in the first place?
Eh, thats not important.
Regardless, I agree with the fact that if they had placed glue on the limbs of the production crew, it might have been moderate.
The music...... at times I muted my TV because it mocked me for getting frustrated.
Dialouge..made me laugh occasionally but not left and right.
We have an agreement.
#6 Posted: 21:27:10 09/02/2012
(Prepares for flaming)

Oh well that's your opinion, my opinion the game is rubbish.
And yes I have played this game for myself so many times, and I've only manged to complete it fully once due to the amount of glitches I get that slows me down even further.
I'd rather watch paint dry, actually no, it's like watching paint dry. To the bold part: I have played this game so I guess that means I'm allowed to have an opinon right? I'm not trying to flame you at all. By the way I can't even breathe fire. /sarcasm

Yes you are entitled to have an opinion. smilie.
Never said you couldn't.
Pff, if I could breath fire.....I'd make scrambled eggs and toast the marshmallows that I dont even have.
BE BOLD MY FRIEND!! Yes, be bold. Even so....WAIT...do you think that the amount of glitches could be because of a bad disc?

@ bold: Nope, it's the way the developer programmed it, Universal had chosen an inexperienced developer to create a game in 2002 and for it to be released in the same year of Christmas. So basically it had to be rushed for the release date and if you researched about it, the game was supposed to have over twenty levels and no glitches at all, and was also meant to involve Gnasty Gnorc, but obviously they ran out of time and we got this. A complete fail. smilie

Edit: I'm pretty sure that the developers began developing on the game in 2001 and halfway through the year of 2002 they realised that they needed another year, more time, but Universal wouldn't give them another year and so therefore it came out in 2002. Edit: And it had to come out before Christmas which gave them even less time Edit: So the publisher is to blame for this one, they must of been desperate because I'm surprised that the game testers let this game pass. Even Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness was a complete mess up because they didn't get enough time. This was a different developer by the way but ended up just as glitchy as this one.
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 21:31:22 09/02/2012 by SuperSpyroFan
AshETERNAL Green Sparx Gems: 387
#7 Posted: 22:45:28 09/02/2012
You're quite right. The game is quite glitchy, but only if ya go looking for glitches, or scratch up the game somehow. My loading time is horrific, but mine is scratched is old. Other than that, and my controlls being slow... And the graphics looking weird to me, it's a pretty good game. I find weirdness in the plotline, but it gives us older fans room to imagine what happened that wasn't specified.
---
*Previously on this site as GlitchGirl. Heheh. I hate losing passwords and forgetting what of 5 emails you registered with smilie*
#8 Posted: 07:57:02 10/02/2012
Quote: AshETERNAL
You're quite right. The game is quite glitchy, but only if ya go looking for glitches, or scratch up the game somehow. My loading time is horrific, but mine is scratched is old. Other than that, and my controlls being slow... And the graphics looking weird to me, it's a pretty good game. I find weirdness in the plotline, but it gives us older fans room to imagine what happened that wasn't specified.

Don't agree with you. I remember owning the game and it had no scratch marks on it at all, and I still got all the same glitches as I do now, so I know for a fact that it's nothing to do with that. It's definitely to do with how the developer coded it.
---
#9 Posted: 11:56:48 10/02/2012
Quote:

Now that I think about it...why was it rushed in the first place?
Eh, thats not important.
Regardless, I agree with the fact that if they had placed glue on the limbs of the production crew, it might have been moderate.
The music...... at times I muted my TV because it mocked me for getting frustrated.
Dialouge..made me laugh occasionally but not left and right.
We have an agreement.

I don't think there's anything wrong with the music. At least, the music tracks were done by the same music composer and also the voice actors that voiced the characters in Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon returned to voice the characters in this game. Some of the dialogue were reasonably funny but not all the time, depending on what type of scenario it is.
---
Kiro Blue Sparx Gems: 765
#10 Posted: 22:24:27 10/02/2012
I'll agree it was great. I actually enjoy the glitches. Any glitch that doesn't break a game is cool.
But my loading screens WERE well over 15 seconds. some as long as two minutes.
---
"I find this to be particularly.... particularly.....sheep dung."
#11 Posted: 11:31:32 11/02/2012

Don't agree with you. I remember owning the game and it had no scratch marks on it at all, and I still got all the same glitches as I do now, so I know for a fact that it's nothing to do with that. It's definitely to do with how the developer coded it.

True. Some copies of the game are like that. What console do you play on?
---
*Previously on this site as GlitchGirl. Heheh. I hate losing passwords and forgetting what of 5 emails you registered with smilie*
DNova89 Ripto Gems: 12
#12 Posted: 14:07:43 11/02/2012
It's weird, I loved this game. I had zero glitches, minimal loading times, good fps, and everything was pretty smooth.
#13 Posted: 20:39:30 11/02/2012

PlayStation 2, I've read that the GameCube version is supposed to be slightly better as the developer had about another week or two to develop corrections, they made the loading screens load faster and sorted out graphical glitches and updated some of the graphics, but there still should be glitches within the version.
---
#14 Posted: 18:35:36 12/02/2012

PlayStation 2, I've read that the GameCube version is supposed to be slightly better as the developer had about another week or two to develop corrections, they made the loading screens load faster and sorted out graphical glitches and updated some of the graphics, but there still should be glitches within the version.

I had the Gamecube version, I didn't have a PlayStation 2 at the time.
---
#15 Posted: 16:02:09 13/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote:
Nope, it's the way the developer programmed it, Universal had chosen an inexperienced developer to create a game in 2002 and for it to be released in the same year of Christmas. So basically it had to be rushed for the release date and if you researched about it, the game was supposed to have over twenty levels and no glitches at all, and was also meant to involve Gnasty Gnorc, but obviously they ran out of time and we got this. A complete fail.

Edit: I'm pretty sure that the developers began developing on the game in 2001 and halfway through the year of 2002 they realised that they needed another year, more time, but Universal wouldn't give them another year and so therefore it came out in 2002. Edit: And it had to come out before Christmas which gave them even less time Edit: So the publisher is to blame for this one, they must of been desperate because I'm surprised that the game testers let this game pass. Even Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness was a complete mess up because they didn't get enough time. This was a different developer by the way but ended up just as glitchy as this one.

I see.
Indeed a complete fail for universal altogether.
But another thing, at that time, were us fan just bawwing for a spyro game?.....hnnnnnn.
If so.....then the spyro fandom is no better than it was back then.
#16 Posted: 16:06:04 13/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Kiro
I'll agree it was great. I actually enjoy the glitches. Any glitch that doesn't break a game is cool.
But my loading screens WERE well over 15 seconds. some as long as two minutes.

.......Universal.....Y U SO DIVERSE IN LOADING TIEM?
Sorry, I just had to put that. But it does sum up my question.
I've had a few glitches were it just didn't make sense.....running through solid objects in the homeworld.....le failz
#17 Posted: 18:45:29 13/02/2012
Quote:
Nope, it's the way the developer programmed it, Universal had chosen an inexperienced developer to create a game in 2002 and for it to be released in the same year of Christmas. So basically it had to be rushed for the release date and if you researched about it, the game was supposed to have over twenty levels and no glitches at all, and was also meant to involve Gnasty Gnorc, but obviously they ran out of time and we got this. A complete fail.

I see.
Indeed a complete fail for universal altogether.
But another thing, at that time, were us fan just bawwing for a spyro game?.....hnnnnnn.
If so.....then the spyro fandom is no better than it was back then.

I'm not sure, I wasn't on the internet back then, and I just think that was when Spyro just began to get popular, who knows? For some reason I don't think that the fanbase would have been as bad back then, comparing it to now. Just think, LoS and Skylanders weren't even known back then.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:46:29 13/02/2012 by SuperSpyroFan
#18 Posted: 18:52:38 13/02/2012 | Topic Creator
[q]I'm not sure, I wasn't on the internet back then, and I just think that was when Spyro just began to get popular, who knows? For some reason I don't think that the fanbase would have been as bad back then, comparing it to now. Just think, LoS and Skylanders weren't even known back then. [/q]

Point Proven.
Most likely because the majority of the fanbase would have been children at the time.
Sad thing is, is now Spyro went from Colorful to Epic to Explorer. Had the fanbase still been children they wouldn't have been BAwwing, just appreciating and enjoying as best they could. *shrug*
#19 Posted: 18:57:55 13/02/2012
[q]I'm not sure, I wasn't on the internet back then, and I just think that was when Spyro just began to get popular, who knows? For some reason I don't think that the fanbase would have been as bad back then, comparing it to now. Just think, LoS and Skylanders weren't even known back then. [/q]

Point Proven.
Most likely because the majority of the fanbase would have been children at the time.
Sad thing is, is now Spyro went from Colorful to Epic to Explorer. Had the fanbase still been children they wouldn't have been BAwwing, just appreciating and enjoying as best they could. *shrug*

Well the kids who enjoy Skylanders and haven't played Spyro's previous games surely don't seem to know any different so that's why they enjoy it. Whereas when you're an older fan like me and are used to the same style of game and all of a sudden it gets changed, may take a while for some fans to get used to. Some fans were brought up with the Legend of Spyro, instead of the classic Spyro, the fanbase is confusing to me now, because there are some fans that actually have played Classic Spyro but end up liking the later franchises more than the previous etc etc.
---
#20 Posted: 19:21:57 13/02/2012 | Topic Creator
I love them all. I was raised on the period between ANB and the GBA games. I find it easy to love both of them.
Skylanders is something I will be hesitant to play and it has nothing to do with the designs of ANY of the charaters.
The reason why the foundation of my gaming went topsyturvy is because of the 32 characters when I'm just used to playing as 3 characters at the most.
The kids may have a preference....I didn't but, I know a kid (several years younger than me) Cried and had nightmares cause of Golem. He prefered older games.(as if that wouldn't be obvious)
And you're right, the fanbase is full of crazy people. Quite a few illiterate people spam the forums. Some BASH and BURN if you like TLoS. Some are just.......neutral to everything exsistent on the threads and games.
#21 Posted: 22:17:51 13/02/2012
I love them all. I was raised on the period between ANB and the GBA games. I find it easy to love both of them.
Skylanders is something I will be hesitant to play and it has nothing to do with the designs of ANY of the charaters.
The reason why the foundation of my gaming went topsyturvy is because of the 32 characters when I'm just used to playing as 3 characters at the most.
The kids may have a preference....I didn't but, I know a kid (several years younger than me) Cried and had nightmares cause of Golem. He prefered older games.(as if that wouldn't be obvious)
And you're right, the fanbase is full of crazy people. Quite a few illiterate people spam the forums. Some BASH and BURN if you like TLoS. Some are just.......neutral to everything exsistent on the threads and games.

When I played through DOTD, my Dad called them idiots because he thought that when it began to get dark, that kids will think it's just an ordinary Spyro game and then they'll see this and it will scare them.
---
Convexity Blue Sparx Gems: 933
#22 Posted: 02:18:04 14/02/2012
If I may interject here; I feel I should get my opinion out there.

I actually thoroughly enjoyed this game, though what bugged me the most were the loading times on my PS2 and the somewhat hallow atmospheres on some levels. But overall, this game was great fun, especially the mini-games and obstacles. Some glitches are also even fun to mess with. smilie

Even so, the poor development in this game is very noticeable and does not compare to any of the games that have come before it.
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6082
#23 Posted: 02:33:14 14/02/2012
I rather feel this whole topic is pointless and starts off needlessly antagonistic. So you like EtD? Good for you. smilie Nothing anyone can say is going to change your mind and it shouldn't. Demanding that we force you to have a different opinion looks like you just want to start a fight (and, frankly, there are better ways to do that on these forums smilie). Likewise, nothing you say is going to make the game any less awful for those who didn't like it.

Honestly, I barely remember this game. I know it was glitchy and the only thing I really enjoyed about it was my husband reading hilarious journal posts about Twilight while I slogged through it. I will probably play it again sometime just for fun (assuming I have that kind of free time whenever I get my copy back).
spyrathedragon Gold Sparx Gems: 2683
#24 Posted: 03:48:52 14/02/2012
For you, the game is "brilliant".

For everyone else, it's.. and I quote from my friend Trystan saying, "A load of ****".
---
Lovatic for life. <3
The Peace Keepers
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#25 Posted: 10:59:48 14/02/2012
Quote: Convexity

I actually thoroughly enjoyed this game, though what bugged me the most were the loading times on my PS2 and the somewhat hallow atmospheres on some levels. But overall, this game was great fun, especially the mini-games and obstacles. Some glitches are also even fun to mess with. smilie

Even so, the poor development in this game is very noticeable and does not compare to any of the games that have come before it.

I know at least two games that were nearly as glitchy as ETD, and they are Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness and Tak & the Power of Juju.
---
#26 Posted: 16:14:09 14/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Razz
I rather feel this whole topic is pointless and starts off needlessly antagonistic. So you like EtD? Good for you. smilie Nothing anyone can say is going to change your mind and it shouldn't. Demanding that we force you to have a different opinion looks like you just want to start a fight (and, frankly, there are better ways to do that on these forums smilie). Likewise, nothing you say is going to make the game any less awful for those who didn't like it.

Honestly, I barely remember this game. I know it was glitchy and the only thing I really enjoyed about it was my husband reading hilarious journal posts about Twilight while I slogged through it. I will probably play it again sometime just for fun (assuming I have that kind of free time whenever I get my copy back).

Actually, The point of this topic was to get opinions without asking "Oh why don't you like this game?....... Nevermind your just gonna give me the same answer."
Since thats basically what spams EtD forums today. smilie
So in other words, Thank you for your opinion.
#27 Posted: 16:19:55 14/02/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Convexity

Thank you for your opinion.
Yeah I agree, the atmosphear is hollow at times. I can think of a few with such a feeling to the game that at times it became lonely. Alothough, the mini games were pretty enjoyable, the first one in the Dojo was frustrating. LOLOOOLOL.

It does stand out. That graphics were more advanced (in that day and age) Than the previous titles, and the overall feel to the game is just different compared to other games. smilie

You're right on
#28 Posted: 19:54:23 14/02/2012
I've seen better graphics than this game that was released a year before and in the same year; two being Ratchet & Clank (2002) and Jak and Daxter (2001). Believe me if you think ETD has got great graphics for it's year you'll want to check these two games out before saying that, I think they look much better than ETD.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:55:59 14/02/2012 by SuperSpyroFan
#29 Posted: 20:13:22 14/02/2012 | Topic Creator
I've seen better graphics than this game that was released a year before and in the same year; two being Ratchet & Clank (2002) and Jak and Daxter (2001). Believe me if you think ETD has got great graphics for it's year you'll want to check these two games out before saying that, I think they look much better than ETD.

I was speaking in terms of just the Spyro franchise. (shrugs)
I will check them out though, though simply for another game to play.
#30 Posted: 20:16:25 14/02/2012

I was speaking in terms of just the Spyro franchise. (shrugs)
I will check them out though, though simply for another game to play.

I don't agree with you, I think the later Spyro games have better graphics than that, the graphics in ETD are actually quite terrible, most of the textures are just stretched. And like I've read in a review, it looks like something from an N64 game.
---
#31 Posted: 21:25:23 14/02/2012 | Topic Creator
smilieD.
Even so, said graphics are significantly differing from the previous titles. I dont hate them nor love them.
#32 Posted: 11:25:47 15/02/2012
smilieD.
Even so, said graphics are significantly differing from the previous titles. I dont hate them nor love them.

I actually think the graphics in the older Spyro are much more detailed than in ETD. I also think that the colours look better as well.
---
#33 Posted: 16:31:32 15/02/2012 | Topic Creator

When I played through DOTD, my Dad called them idiots because he thought that when it began to get dark, that kids will think it's just an ordinary Spyro game and then they'll see this and it will scare them.

YOU HAVE A DAD WHO KNOWS ENOUGH ABOUT THE FRANCHISE???
LUCKY!
#34 Posted: 18:17:23 15/02/2012

YOU HAVE A DAD WHO KNOWS ENOUGH ABOUT THE FRANCHISE???
LUCKY!

LOL, my Dad likes to watch me play video games. After all he's the one that got me into them, he only used to play Tomb Raider on the PlayStation, and the odd random PS1 game, and he played the first three GTA games on the PS2 as well. (III, Vice City and San Andreas) He likes to play L.A. Noire, Red Dead Redemption, Mafia II and The Saboteur on the PS3. He doesn't play video games very often now, I play them more than he does.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:18:36 15/02/2012 by SuperSpyroFan
#35 Posted: 06:44:42 20/02/2012

That's it then. I use the same one you do. I wish I had a GameCube. My game is enjoyable, but sometimes slow.
---
#36 Posted: 06:45:49 20/02/2012
Quote: Mariofanstar

Lucky. GameCube has the glitches ironed out a bit better.
---
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#37 Posted: 12:20:26 27/02/2012

Believe it or not, this is supposed to be a offensive-with-meaning post. And when I wrote this, I felt like a good rant at the time.

I've counted longer. And even at 15 seconds, that's pretty long.

Yeah but a kids game could have a brilliant storyline. They shouldn't dumb down just for kids.

You didn't do a good job at offending me.
xSpringWeatherx Blue Sparx Gems: 866
#38 Posted: 22:15:54 27/02/2012
Exactly, point spoken...

The game is actually quite good and entertaining, one of my favorite Spyro games ever.
I'd really appreciate it if people would stop making fun of this game on topics and/or subjects that have nothing to do with it...

I agree with you, IF, that is your name, right?
---
~Ooh, just close the door~
#39 Posted: 23:54:51 18/03/2012
Quote: Mariofanstar

Lucky. GameCube has the glitches ironed out a bit better.

I hardly play it these days 'cause of the new Mario games I've got. Heck, Mario Party 9 is better than this game, even though it's like a reboot of some sorts.
---
ilovespyro11 Gnorc Gems: 334
#40 Posted: 14:43:52 23/06/2012
i had the game and the loading times were fine, about 10 seconds to be precise. the only things i didnt like were-
Spyro, Bianca, Ripto and Hunter's voices (were they done by the same people?)
Spyro charges SO FRIKIN SLOW!
It wasn't made by Insomniac smilie
Spyro, Hunter and Bianca's designs
Otherwise, it was okay. I didn't have it long enough to see any glitches though...
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me