Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > Stealth Elf: Slight differences between versions?
Page 1 of 1
Stealth Elf: Slight differences between versions? [CLOSED]
DinoHex Blue Sparx Gems: 735
#1 Posted: 04:43:54 26/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Okay, so today I was lucky and found the three pack of Wrecking Ball, Stealth Elf, and Sonic Boom, as well as the three pack for Drobot, Flameslinger, and Stump Smash. These were purely for the collection, not to be opened, but for kicks I started comparing the opened figures to the ones in the package. When I started looking at the Stealth Elves, I noticed something different about them right away. Check it out.

[User Posted Image]

Don't see it? Let me point it out. Take a look at her right hand on both figures. Notice how they're positioned slightly differently?In the figure I'm holding, her hand is positioned in a way that the claw is pointing straight in front. On the figure in the package, it's positioned in a way that the claw is sticking out to the side. If you think it's just an angle thing, take a look at her fingers too. They're clearly in a different position, as well as the two circular indents on the gold parts of her glove. On the one in the packaging, you can see the circular indents. On the one I'm holding, they're directly facing her ear, out of view from a straight on perspective.

Another difference that you can't see in this picture is that on the figure I'm holding, Stealth Elf's braids are a brighter shade of blue than the rest of her hair, where the one in the packaging has a consistent dark blue colour through all of her hair.

I was wondering if this is just a strange anomaly on my figure, or if this is true of all 3DS and 3 pack Stealth Elves. If there's anyone out there who has both, compare them and see if yours have these differences too. I'd like to know if I just got a weird one, or if they are genuinely slightly different.
---
smilie smilie and smilie: The three greatest Skylanders out of them all.
Whirlwind5598 Green Sparx Gems: 332
#2 Posted: 04:56:58 26/01/2012
My single pack one had light blue hair and my triple pack one had dark blue hair.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie

ace Gold Sparx Gems: 2982
#3 Posted: 06:10:24 26/01/2012
I dont know if that is really a variation. I assume they use the same mold for all stealth elves. Although i did notice something similar with Chop Chop. His legendary version has the foot on his raised leg almost touching the base while normal Chop chops is higher up. I assume they'de use the same mold for the two and just paint then diffrent but its still curious
---
Praise Helix!!!
OpalOsprey Yellow Sparx Gems: 1127
#4 Posted: 06:26:16 26/01/2012
Slight variations like this are common with figures and toys. Different batches of paint aren't going to look exactly the same because it takes multiple colors of paint mixed together to get a certain color, this makes it difficult to get the exact same color every time. When molding plastic, it tends to set and misshape slightly while it dries similar to clay. Good find, thanks for pointing it out. My 3DS Stealth Elf looks like yours. I think I like the darker paint better than the lighter one.
---
Have a Wii U? My ID and Mii name is OpalOsprey. So why don't you add Mii smilie?

"You don't need a reason to help people" ~ Zidane -Final Fantays IX
#5 Posted: 06:27:03 26/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: ace
I dont know if that is really a variation. I assume they use the same mold for all stealth elves. Although i did notice something similar with Chop Chop. His legendary version has the foot on his raised leg almost touching the base while normal Chop chops is higher up. I assume they'de use the same mold for the two and just paint then diffrent but its still curious

If you were to see them in person, you'd see that their arms are very clearly in a different position. It could just be that I got a weird one, but I'd like to know for sure. I kinda hope it IS just a weird one, because then I'd have a somewhat special one. :3
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:29:54 26/01/2012 by DinoHex
ace Gold Sparx Gems: 2982
#6 Posted: 06:31:21 26/01/2012
I can see from the pic that they are in diffrent positions smilie ummm maybe tomorrow i'll try to put up a pic of my chop chops smilie but as of now i dont even have a computer :/ been doing everything from my ipod hah
---
Praise Helix!!!
DocCroc Yellow Sparx Gems: 1668
#7 Posted: 07:07:33 26/01/2012
The 3DS version also doesn't have glow in the dark knives, unlike my 3-pack one.
#8 Posted: 07:28:05 26/01/2012
^ That's odd because my 3DS Stealth Elf's knifes and eyes glow, maybe they didn't paint enough of it on or they somehow forgot. Try putting it directly under a bright light for five minutes and go into a dark room to see if it glows at all.
---
Have a Wii U? My ID and Mii name is OpalOsprey. So why don't you add Mii smilie?

spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#9 Posted: 14:10:32 26/01/2012
My Stealth Elf is pretty much exactly the same as your 3DS one. I bought it around November I believe. Only difference is her left hand (The one with the blade facing up) is pointed directly up, rather than yours which is pointed toward the side.

I've noticed a few differences in figures, but I think it's just how the machine is putting them together. I got another Chop Chop and his head is slightly askewed from another one that I bought in the store.

EDIT: Guess I should have a pic, huh?

[User Posted Image]
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:21:22 26/01/2012 by spyroflame0487
Reimu Yellow Sparx Gems: 1076
#10 Posted: 14:20:27 26/01/2012
They are doing figures by "batch" so it's normal that the painting changes between each batch.
terranakari Green Sparx Gems: 468
#11 Posted: 22:30:50 26/01/2012
this topic is awesome, im def. going to examine my Stealth Elf tonight to see which one it looks like and which "batch" its from lol. The one I have in my collection(remember i only have 1 of each) is in a carrying case at home so ill have to check it out, but its also from the Wreckingball, Sonic Boom, Stealth Elf triple pack, and I HAD a 3DS version but gave her to my sister who lives in California because she was visiting for xmas and she was her favorite character, so i dont remember if there were any variations X_X im sure there was tho lol
---
We finally have all the skylanders from SA and SG! Still working on SSF & STT.

Proud Skylander Mom! To our little skyfamily. <3
BerryShaker Blue Sparx Gems: 540
#12 Posted: 22:54:23 26/01/2012
Yeah you can see seams on the figs where pieces are assembled. Is it just positioned differently? or is the mold for the arm completely different?
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
spyrathedragon Gold Sparx Gems: 2683
#13 Posted: 23:09:52 26/01/2012
The one on the left almost looks like she has... black hair instead of blue! o:
---
Lovatic for life. <3
The Peace Keepers
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#14 Posted: 00:16:04 27/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: spyrathedragon
The one on the left almost looks like she has... black hair instead of blue! o:

That's just the lighting from the camera. The dark blue on both figures is the same shade.
---
Sunny Castanets Gold Sparx Gems: 2231
#15 Posted: 08:45:26 27/01/2012
The different positionings is an interesting discovery!
---
Quote: Tashiji
Sunny, as always, you are so darn smart.
Buzzthebatgirl Yellow Sparx Gems: 1526
#16 Posted: 09:27:05 27/01/2012
My Stealth Elf is exactly like DinoHex's and SpyroFlame's. **Mine was purchased from a triple pack from Cork in Ireland just before New Year's Day. **What I came here to say was more on BerryShaker's comment. **My Dark Spyro's head is glued on a slightly different position to usual. He is able to look forward instead of in the direction on his front right arm. Pic:
[User Posted Image]
I paint my figures by the way
---
GITD smilie won on Facebook.com/Toywinner
Too many Skylanders in collection
spyro65 Red Sparx Gems: 24
#17 Posted: 11:01:38 27/01/2012
DinoHex... I got my Stealth Elf from a DS3 starter pack (I don't even own a DS3 but was tired of searching for her and figured it was cheaper to buy it on sale then to buy them through eBay). She is just like yours that you are holding. I don't have a 3 pack or a single pack to compare her to but she has the same color variation in her hair and the hand/arm positions are the same. They do have to make various molds for the same figure. So maybe they have this one reserved for DS3?
---
My Skylanders: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#18 Posted: 02:16:30 28/01/2012
Quote: Buzzthebatgirl
My Stealth Elf is exactly like DinoHex's and SpyroFlame's. **Mine was purchased from a triple pack from Cork in Ireland just before New Year's Day. **What I came here to say was more on BerryShaker's comment. **My Dark Spyro's head is glued on a slightly different position to usual. He is able to look forward instead of in the direction on his front right arm. Pic:
[User Posted Image]
I paint my figures by the way

^ That's neat, I like how you painted his claws white and the white "reflection" spot on his eyes. He also looks kind of better with his head positioned like that.
---

Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me