Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > What Skylander were you most excited about when you bought it?
Page 1 of 1
What Skylander were you most excited about when you bought it? [CLOSED]
DinoHex Blue Sparx Gems: 735
#1 Posted: 01:24:33 24/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Simple question. Out of all the Skylanders you've bought, which one were you the most excited about when you got it? Whatever the reason may be, be it a character you really wanted, or what extra effort you went through to get it, which one had you the most pumped?

For me it was when I found my three pack of Whirlwind/Double Trouble/Drill Sergeant on January 20th. I had called about 15 stores with no luck before finally finding a store that had one! I called just as they were opening the box, and the guy said he'd hold on to it for me until 3:00PM (It was about 11:10AM at the time). So of course I'm thrilled, but I didn't trust the guy to hold on to it because I've had it happen before where someone said they'd hold something for me, and they sold it in the short time it took me to get there. The problem was that I didn't have quite enough money to get it, so I had to wait until 12:00 noon for this one game store to open so I could trade in some games for cash, and all throughout this time I'm a nervous wreck, unsure if he'd sell the thing or not by the time I get there. I get my cash, race back to the skytrain, get to the stop I need to be at, wait 15 AGONIZINGLY long minutes for a bus to arrive, get off at the stop near the Toys R Us, RACE inside all the while going completely nuts with stress, and to my surprise he held on to it and I was able to get it. He puts it on the counter, says "That'll be 22.39", and I grab 25 bucks from my wallet and slap it on the counter and say "Here you are good sir!" in a chipper tone. He says "Thank you, and have a nice day!" and I reply "I most certainly will!" After that I go home the happiest 22 year old who just bought a kids toy on the planet.

It was the most stressful shopping trip ever, but it was REALLY exciting, and was overall a really fun experience. I never felt so proud of a shopping trip in my life, and it was certainly the most exciting experience I've had with Skylanders so far.
---
smilie smilie and smilie: The three greatest Skylanders out of them all.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:27:15 24/01/2012 by DinoHex
OpalOsprey Yellow Sparx Gems: 1127
#2 Posted: 01:53:27 24/01/2012
I would have to say Walmart Exclusive Drill Sargent because I was having the worst time finding one and my dad found one when he was out of town and sneaked it into my room and placed it on my Laptop. That was a nice surprise for me after coming home empty handed multiple times =) . Also I was very excited for the Empire of Ice because all of the resent snow here has put me in the mood for a ice level. I know that I posted this before but here's my snowy EoI smilie . Yeah I know that I'm weird.
[User Posted Image]
---
Have a Wii U? My ID and Mii name is OpalOsprey. So why don't you add Mii smilie?

"You don't need a reason to help people" ~ Zidane -Final Fantays IX
Monsinour Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#3 Posted: 02:07:10 24/01/2012
@DinoHex : that was the most worth while post I have read on these forums in a long long while.
---
My kids own :
useless pieces of plastic
Not only that, we passed up 3 of them that we didn't have today. Uselesd carp...
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#4 Posted: 02:07:53 24/01/2012
Probably both the Empire of Ice and the Triple Pack with Drill Sarge, Double Trouble and Whirly. Not so much something I was looking forward to getting, just actually finding them made my heart skip a beat.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
Queen_Cynder Yellow Sparx Gems: 1694
#5 Posted: 02:28:24 24/01/2012
Mine was Spyro. smilie I mean, I didn't know any of the Skylanders when I first bought it, so I wasn't sure what to do with the others. But Spyro was Spyro, so I was immediatly happy to have him. smilie Plus, the whole thing was a birthday present, and it's just a nice feeling to have Spyro giving to you by your family. smilie
---
I know my username says Queen but I’m a guy I’m just gay : (
Tramz Red Sparx Gems: 42
#6 Posted: 02:34:30 24/01/2012
Up until Friday, I would have said Empire of Ice. I was so excited when I saw it available for sale. Then when it actually arrived.. oh yes.

But just past midnight that weekend when I was able to finally order the Whirlwind/Double Trouble/Drill Sergeant 3-pack as well as Cynder all together, they definitely became the ones. It was such a hard time trying to track those down. The hourly checks to all the online stores over so many days, the daily checks to the barrage of RL stores. I think i might actually have been shaking a little when I was trying to complete the order heh. Just nervous that somewhere along the way something was going to pop up and say "oops, our mistake, we don't really have them. Too bad." (Some of you may remember this day, as immediately after I got my order in, I wasted no time posting here about it so a few others could actually have the same joy).

I'm still waiting on ebgames to actually ship them out, but they basically do nothing over the weekend, and it can take 2 business days otherwise. So I am hopeful they will send them out tomorrow.
---
M: [smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie] T: [smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie] U: [smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie] L: [smiliesmilie] F: [smiliesmilie] E: [smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie] A: [smiliesmilie] W: [smiliesmiliesmilie]
spyrathedragon Gold Sparx Gems: 2683
#7 Posted: 02:38:15 24/01/2012
DROBOT

HUFGNUBNIDFGB
---
Lovatic for life. <3
The Peace Keepers
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#8 Posted: 03:20:02 24/01/2012
Speak of the devil, I just got my shipping email. On the 26th, Whirlwind, Double Trouble, Drill Sergeant and Cynder will all finally be in my hands ;]

Only 6 more Skylanders to obsess over acquiring, including Dragon's Peak.
---
M: [smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie] T: [smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie] U: [smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie] L: [smiliesmilie] F: [smiliesmilie] E: [smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie] A: [smiliesmilie] W: [smiliesmiliesmilie]
keljonezie Green Sparx Gems: 453
#9 Posted: 03:24:13 24/01/2012
For me it was finding the EOI pack today. My timing was just way too lucky. If I had checked earlier in the day when I was already in the plaza they wouldn't have been there. We went back after a helpful post here later in the afternoon and the worker had *just* put them out. Made my week for sure. Actually maybe my month...I've been obsessing over these things since Christmas.
SuperMegaBoss10 Green Sparx Gems: 461
#10 Posted: 05:08:31 24/01/2012
Spyro, Gill Grunt, and Trigger Happy. I'd been wanting this game almost all of 2011 and was really happy to get it.
---
Like A Boss!
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6094
#11 Posted: 05:25:59 24/01/2012
Right now, it's Cynder, Whirlwind and Flameslinger because I've spent a couple months just trying to find any one of them and I got them all three in one go in one of the most pleasant surprises ever. smilie But I think I was looking most forward to Cynder. You can't laugh about her boobs for nearly five months straight and have your enjoyment of the character restored by them without looking forward to finally having your own Cynder. And I've wanted a Cynder toy since ANB, so... I'm pretty happy now. smilie
ace Gold Sparx Gems: 2982
#12 Posted: 05:27:45 24/01/2012
For me it's a tie between stealth elf in her single pack or the legendary triple pack. I got stealth elf shortly after joining this forum. I had read about how epic and powerfull she was. First target i called had nothing, second one had her and voodood. I imediately called up my best friend and fellow skylander hunter and told him to get dressed cause he was coming with me to get her.

The legendary pack was awesome just beacause it was such a suprise. This I got last week. I was calling around looking for wave 3 when i decided as long as i am at it i might as well ask if they had the legendaries even though i knew there was only a 1 in 1000 chance of them having it. I was so suprised when i asked the lady and she said "in our entire wall of skylanders all we have is this one triple pack with legendary chop....." i cut her off right there and told her to hold it. Immediately called up Rdon and was out the door into the snowstorm to get the legendaries, he even managed to find sonic boom and bash who he was missing. It was an overall sucessful day smilie
---
Praise Helix!!!
#13 Posted: 05:32:21 24/01/2012
^ Funny thing is, you know the people who work in these stores/departments who AREN'T gamers, just don't get it at all. The flood of calls, long after the holidays. The impossibility of keeping them in stock.. They are probably just sitting back in stunned amusement by it all (maybe even remembering the crazes of days gone by).
---
OpalOsprey Yellow Sparx Gems: 1127
#14 Posted: 05:50:16 24/01/2012
Quote:
ace
Nice find, do you happen to live in WA because there was a huge snowstorm that hit here last week and lasted a whole week? It was pretty bad, there were tons of accidents and there are still people that have been without power since it first started.
---
Have a Wii U? My ID and Mii name is OpalOsprey. So why don't you add Mii smilie?

"You don't need a reason to help people" ~ Zidane -Final Fantays IX
#15 Posted: 05:52:05 24/01/2012
Ya lol when i got wave 3 the guy saw me holding four single packs and said "please, just take them all, i'm tired of all the phone calls" I laughed and told him i would but these were the only ones I needed >.<
---
Praise Helix!!!
JAP28 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1097
#16 Posted: 05:52:21 24/01/2012
Sonic Boom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I live in Canada and with no Targets we had no chance of Whirl-wind.
Air element was a pretty hard find here....still is!
---
All Current Skylanders just no pearl smilie
Sunny Castanets Gold Sparx Gems: 2231
#17 Posted: 08:15:29 24/01/2012
I'd probably say Drill Sergeant because I had to resort to eBay and I had a time of things just trying to get one for me... Let alone my friend, for a reasonable price. Got there in the end!
---
Quote: Tashiji
Sunny, as always, you are so darn smart.
MasterRoy Green Sparx Gems: 122
#18 Posted: 08:40:38 24/01/2012
hmmm i say my 3Ds starter i wasnt interested in skylands but when christmas came i got my red 3DS and i loved it and my moms bf bought me the starter i played it and loved it ignitor rules in power then i played stealth elf she is awesome but not good in health but when i played dark spyro he was da best i think he totally pwns and i was excited when i bought bash he was really awesome to play but i bet most votes would go for cynder since alot of people like her
---
For those whom i must protect i will not lose! smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Hyena Yellow Sparx Gems: 1413
#19 Posted: 08:49:31 24/01/2012
Sonic Boom! <3
Also, Whirlwind and Drobot(STEAMPUNK DRAGON).
LyraDragon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1283
#20 Posted: 13:01:54 24/01/2012
whirldwind smilie
---
Team Drago
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
wanted:smilie
Buzzthebatgirl Yellow Sparx Gems: 1526
#21 Posted: 13:40:48 24/01/2012
Dark Spyro and the Legendaries. Just bought Dark Spyro off eBay for a good price for him. Persistently calling TRUs for my Legendaries, but it's going to be worth it!
---
GITD smilie won on Facebook.com/Toywinner
Too many Skylanders in collection
#22 Posted: 17:04:38 24/01/2012
Quote: OpalOsprey
Quote:
ace
Nice find, do you happen to live in WA because there was a huge snowstorm that hit here last week and lasted a whole week? It was pretty bad, there were tons of accidents and there are still people that have been without power since it first started.

No I'm in Wisconsin, it wasnt that bad compared to what we usually get but it was still my first time driving in snow since i just got my liscense this past year
---
Praise Helix!!!
Sage103082 Green Sparx Gems: 176
#23 Posted: 17:12:17 24/01/2012
Cynder =) She took me the longest to hunt down locally but in the end I found her at the first place I planned to stop but change my mind last minute.
Mortymore Green Sparx Gems: 356
#24 Posted: 18:28:41 24/01/2012
To me was the legendary triple pack.

I call one morning to TrUs to check if they have any legendary triple pack, and they did. So when I get out of the work that day, I drove for 200Km to grab my legendary triple pack.

The ones I regret most that had not bought, are Whirlwind and Wrecking Ball, that they had in the store I went, but then I was looking for Hex to my daughter, so bought instead the triple pack with Hex, Zap and Dino Rang. I never saw again any of those two on the stores, so I just have to wait for better days.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie blsmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Skaterpunkdan Blue Sparx Gems: 501
#25 Posted: 18:34:07 24/01/2012
mine will definitely be empire of ice when it arrives got to wait til the 3rd of feb for it here in the UK though unless i can find it in a store this week

but so far it was definitely drill sarge which i brought on ebay for like £2 more than retail which isn't to bad imo its the only one I've actually paid more than retail for
---
I Have: 37/37
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:35:37 24/01/2012 by Skaterpunkdan
Reimu Yellow Sparx Gems: 1076
#26 Posted: 18:38:45 24/01/2012
Whirlwind, a gift from my boyfriend. I was very excited since we can't find her in Canada.
Star Dragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 5323
#27 Posted: 18:49:47 24/01/2012
Mine was Whirlwind. She was my first non-starter Skylander so I couldn't wait to try a new character and element. However I'll be even more excited when Cynder is released in the UK because I've wanted her the most.
---
What! Marco sent you here? I've got a restraining order against him! - Rapunzel, Spyro 3
deathcrow Green Sparx Gems: 272
#28 Posted: 18:50:28 24/01/2012
Tie between Whirlwind and Cynder. I have been wanting those 2 the most since I first started playing. I got them both from a Gamestop down the road. Thanks to all of you who posted that Gamestop were putting out singles that day! After I read that here on the forums, I called the GS closest to me and they had both. I asked if she could hold them and she said her manager wouldn't let her because they were so popular (even though another GS has held one for me). So I leave work, pretending I had an emergency to tend to, although technically it was an emergency - I mean we're talking about Whirlwind and Cynder here. Anyways I was going way past the speed limit, passed a cop that had somebody pulled over, finally got there and went inside. There were several kids and parents in there so I was already a bit nervous. Went to the rack and there were no skylanders! I was about to leave when I decided to ask if they had any put up. Luckily, they had them behind the counter and I got the two I needed and left a Double Trouble and Drill Sargent. I felt like I had won the lottery! Silly how a toy can make you feel like you're on top of the world when you actually find it in stores smilie
DarkSpyro12345 Green Sparx Gems: 148
#29 Posted: 20:24:39 24/01/2012
For me it was getting the 3 pack of Zap Hex and Dino-Rang from Toys R us. They got them in as soon as I walked in the store! And if you are thinking "Why not Whirlwind?" it's because Whirlwind came as a bonus free character with my game
---
Got: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Want: smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Relention Red Sparx Gems: 82
#30 Posted: 03:38:31 25/01/2012
The character that got me into the game was Bash...whom I still don't have. I took a look at the others and fell in love with Sunburn, who, I obviously don't have. Of the ones I bought, I was most excited for Flameslinger, my first fire type. I wanted to unlock so many things and abuse his fire feet technique. I love risk/reward characters who take some skill to play.
BIG_Rich Blue Sparx Gems: 613
#31 Posted: 10:22:13 25/01/2012
Mine were the Empire of Ice adventure pack & Cynder. I walked into my local Target store and there was a young man taking them fresh out of boxes and stocking the shelves. It was so great! I was so surprised since I had no expectations of finding either of them that day.
terranakari Green Sparx Gems: 468
#32 Posted: 13:32:18 25/01/2012
When my husband bought me my Stealth Elf, Sonic Boom, Wrecking Ball triple pack(as well as tons of other skyladners at the same time lol) but i RLY wanted Sonic Boom and Stealth Elf at the time so getting them in the triple pack was one of my happiest skylander moments lol smilie
---
We finally have all the skylanders from SA and SG! Still working on SSF & STT.

Proud Skylander Mom! To our little skyfamily. <3
PinkWater Yellow Sparx Gems: 1059
#33 Posted: 21:26:54 25/01/2012
Bought: Wrecking Ball!

The first 3 I got were all over the place and easy to find, so...

Received: Whirlwind and Cynder

I went nuts after getting these 2 from amazon. To everyone still looking, try online for now. The prices are starting to drop
---
CILAN IS THE SEXIEST MAN ALIVE.

I DARE YOU TO PROVE ME WRONG! ...Actually don't. I'm quite biased.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me