Page 1 of 1
Gems non-existent? [CLOSED]
Netjet Red Sparx Gems: 42
#1 Posted: 06:28:42 08/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Hi, I already tried replying to another thread but didn't seem to get any answers.

I'm playing though YotD again because I love the spyro games, and I'm having some problems.

[User Posted Image]

If you see for some of the levels, they're 397/400 or around there (5-10 gems missing). The problem is that the gems that I need to get almost don't exist. I mean I know people are thinking "Well just look some more", but the problem is that I have the gemfinder tool with sparx and even he can't find the gems. Especially levels such as midday garden home, which have no sub-levels or portals in it really frustrate me. I even went through some walkthroughs of 100% levels on Youtube, followed what they did to see if I missed any, and nothing came up.

If anyone's able to help, it would be greatly appreciated. By the way, I'm playing on an emulator for PS1, with a spyro ps1 cd that I had from a long time ago but still works.
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#2 Posted: 06:50:06 08/01/2012
Perhaps there is just something wrong with your emulator? Have you checked for any scratches on your Spyro game disc?
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
#3 Posted: 06:52:25 08/01/2012 | Topic Creator
I have, and the CD is quite scratched. It doesn't work all of the time, so I have to use an ISO instead some times. I don't know if it's the ISO that is bad or not because I play with both the CD and the ISO, but only when the CD is not working do I use the ISO. The CD would definitely have all of the gems in the levels, would it not?
#4 Posted: 09:30:52 08/01/2012
Quote: Netjet
I have, and the CD is quite scratched. It doesn't work all of the time, so I have to use an ISO instead some times. I don't know if it's the ISO that is bad or not because I play with both the CD and the ISO, but only when the CD is not working do I use the ISO. The CD would definitely have all of the gems in the levels, would it not?

I've got the CD version, and nothing like this ever happens, even though it has minor scratch marks on it where it has been loved so much by me, lol. I think it may have something to do with your ISO. Maybe when you use the CD, then go back to the ISO kind of messes the game up somehow?

EDIT: By the way I sent you a message to your GuestBook.

EDIT: Changed GB to GuestBook.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 09:40:23 08/01/2012 by SuperSpyroFan
TorchSheep Emerald Sparx Gems: 3251
#5 Posted: 10:54:29 08/01/2012
Heres a thought, dont buy the illegal copy!
#6 Posted: 11:37:50 08/01/2012
Quote: TorchSheep
Heres a thought, dont buy the illegal copy!

Ha! smilie Is that why his/her game won't work properly? No wonder.
---
#7 Posted: 19:52:01 08/01/2012 | Topic Creator
Sorry guys, I had no idea that it was an illegal copy haha. I have a legal copy now and it should be okay. Thanks!
#8 Posted: 18:28:05 22/01/2012
Quote: Netjet
Sorry guys, I had no idea that it was an illegal copy haha. I have a legal copy now and it should be okay. Thanks!

LOL! What is wrong with you? smilie
---
Zpyro Yellow Sparx Gems: 1364
#9 Posted: 13:58:35 23/01/2012
I would recommend not using an emulator.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me