Page 1 of 1
Where did you find the second wave? [CLOSED]
P1anet Fun Green Sparx Gems: 306
#1 Posted: 19:17:25 17/11/2011 | Topic Creator
Like everybody else, I'm interested in the three new characters and silver characters. I've checked two Targets, three Walmarts, two Toys R Us, two Best Buys and several Gamestops. I was only lucky with one of the Targets who had Dino-Rang. NONE of them had the other new characters or silver characters. Am I the only one? Are these even officially out yet? I would at least like to find Hex and Wrecking Ball. What's going on? Are they limited supply?
SteveW Blue Sparx Gems: 964
#2 Posted: 19:20:54 17/11/2011
Keep trying Walmarts, I found mine at the 3rd Walmart I tried, I don't think all of their stores received them.
alanm26 Green Sparx Gems: 179
#3 Posted: 19:27:40 17/11/2011
I got Dino-Rang at a Walmart early, and the other 2 at a Gamestop on the 15th.
OpalOsprey Yellow Sparx Gems: 1127
#4 Posted: 20:10:25 17/11/2011
They're very hard to find due to people buying them the second they see them on shelf. Try to find a store that isn't very transit and call ahead of time before you head to the store for nothing. Try Walmart, Gamestop, Sears, Kmart, Toys'R'Us, and Target stores. Walmart seems to be the most up-to-date store with the Skylander figures.
---
Have a Wii U? My ID and Mii name is OpalOsprey. So why don't you add Mii smilie?

"You don't need a reason to help people" ~ Zidane -Final Fantays IX
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:11:20 17/11/2011 by OpalOsprey
Littlerain Green Sparx Gems: 384
#5 Posted: 20:13:42 17/11/2011
I got all three new ones at Walmart. I have not seen them at other stores and I have never seen a silver one.
BerryShaker Blue Sparx Gems: 540
#6 Posted: 20:24:06 17/11/2011
I've been calling the stores to see when they'll get their next shipment. It's easier to call Gamestop since they don't have as many products like toysrus and walmart. Usually toysrus and walmart just sounds confused when I ask about skylanders.... and tell me they don't know what's in the trucks until it gets there. Everytime I call my Toysrus I'm put on hold for 5million years until it hangs up on me........
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
OpalOsprey Yellow Sparx Gems: 1127
#7 Posted: 21:15:08 17/11/2011
I have that same problem with my Toys'R'Us, there was one time they put me on hold for a half hour. For some reason their phone makes a loud constant clicking sound that makes it very hard to hear them. I think Walmart is still your best bet for Skylander stuff. You can pre-order Wrecking Ball, Dino-Rang, and Hex on their site but they won't arrive until December sixth according to the site. I might do that for Hex because I can't find her anywhere.
---
Have a Wii U? My ID and Mii name is OpalOsprey. So why don't you add Mii smilie?

"You don't need a reason to help people" ~ Zidane -Final Fantays IX
P1anet Fun Green Sparx Gems: 306
#8 Posted: 21:30:24 17/11/2011 | Topic Creator
That's what I don't understand. If Walmart stores has Hex and Wrecking Ball, why take pre-orders on the website instead of In hand?
CynderFan1309 Gold Sparx Gems: 2235
#9 Posted: 22:02:34 17/11/2011
I haven't gotten them yet...
But I'd recommend waiting bit longer for your store to get them in stock. Then you should look around where you'd find the old ones.
BerryShaker Blue Sparx Gems: 540
#10 Posted: 04:09:37 18/11/2011
Just picked mine up from Gamestop today! smilie toysrus was supposed to get a shipment as well but they're further from me.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Dragons-go-hrr Platinum Sparx Gems: 6991
#11 Posted: 05:20:06 18/11/2011
I can't find it ANYWHERE where I live either... Tho most people in NZ don't even know what Skylanders IS... If only we had wal-mart, or toys-r-us... Sucks cus Dino-rang's one of the ONLY 2 Skylanders I need now (Cynder's the other).
---
"Was it a hot ghost?"
Slivers Yellow Sparx Gems: 1387
#12 Posted: 07:45:16 18/11/2011
OK, so here's the biggest issue Activision has. The Skylandeer boxes are shipped as a 12 pack and contain four of three Skylanders in each box. However, all boxes are the same and give no indication to which characters are on there.

Since this is Holiday, you sales people are busy and many are temporary workers. This means they look at the peg hooks these things are on and if they are empty, the go in back and grab a box and restock. If they are not empty, they leave the boxes in back.

This means getting a wave-2 is pure luck that someone grabbed the box with the newer figures in it ... or as my Toys R Us sales guy said, letting me dig through the 20 12-packs he has in back looking for ones not on the shelf.
riverhippo Yellow Sparx Gems: 1049
#13 Posted: 10:18:47 18/11/2011
I think if restocking order is a problem, it'll only be a problem for a short while. And Toys'r'us and Target seem to understand the value of variety in their Skylanders merchendise by the way they present it. Walmart is really the only store that could care less.

And I would say that you made Activision's day by saying that this is Activision's 'biggest' problem. But I'm sure they have bigger issues to improve on.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:19:50 18/11/2011 by riverhippo
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me