First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3
Congrats Activision (and hopefully us) [CLOSED]
lemmingluv Ripto Gems: 907
#51 Posted: 20:08:38 13/11/2011
Quote: SuperSpyroFan
Quote: lemmingluv
Quote: SuperSpyroFan

@bold: Spyro is Spyro? Elaborate on that. Because to me, you're just stating the obvious and what's the point of that? All three Spyros' are different in terms of gameplay, art style, graphics etc. So by that, you can't really just be as ignorant to say that Spyro is Spyro.

allow me:

-still purple
-still a dragon
-still out saving the world
-still the little hero we've always known
-still spyro

I don't really agree with you, or see your point. To me, there are three different Spyros' and that is that.

Spyro is Spyro, really doesn't make any sense to me. It's not the same thing if it's going to be different is it.

well yes, i agree that they are three different spyros, but if they were so extremely opposite from one another would so many of us still be here?
spyrocynderfan7 Ripto Gems: 783
#52 Posted: 22:55:19 13/11/2011
I think SSA is an unofficial sequel of LoS.

Especially since in DotD the world went BOOM! And Spyro stopped it as pieces spread out. The piece became the skylands as we see them. My timeline?

LoS => SSA => Classic

Reasoning?

In LoS, the world was whole, but broken by senor Malefor.
In SSA the world is broken into pieces, but still largely undeveloped.
In Classic, the world is broken into pieces (different realms/worlds.) But, they are developed with cities and towns on these floating islands. Portals for transport, and using YotD as an example, you transport to different levels (almost all are hovering in the air, like skylands) and you get to them by entering portals where you fly through the sky.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:57:41 13/11/2011 by spyrocynderfan7
LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#53 Posted: 22:57:40 13/11/2011
I just consider Classic, Skylanders, and LoS Spyros different universe Spyros with different looks and personalities. :/
---
but i love it all smooth
#54 Posted: 22:59:56 13/11/2011
I just realized it.

And I think I found where all the games coincide.
Think of the three series as one big story divided into three separate series with different names.

My timeline is based on chronology, NOT preference.

And I strongly believe it's the missing link interconnecting the series.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:01:19 13/11/2011 by spyrocynderfan7
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#55 Posted: 23:00:21 13/11/2011
Quote: spyrocynderfan7
I think SSA is an unofficial sequel of LoS.

Especially since in DotD the world went BOOM! And Spyro stopped it as pieces spread out. The piece became the skylands as we see them. My timeline?

LoS => SSA => Classic

Reasoning?

In LoS, the world was whole, but broken by senor Malefor.
In SSA the world is broken into pieces, but still largely undeveloped.
In Classic, the world is broken into pieces (different realms/worlds.) But, they are developed with cities and towns on these floating islands. Portals for transport, and using YotD as an example, you transport to different levels (almost all are hovering in the air, like skylands) and you get to them by entering portals where you fly through the sky.

It's a reboot, spyrocynder. They just brought in elements from the Legend and Classic series.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#56 Posted: 23:02:37 13/11/2011
Just stating my opinion Aura. smilie

If you think about it, it all makes sense.
spyrathedragon Gold Sparx Gems: 2683
#57 Posted: 23:02:45 13/11/2011
Oh for heaven's sake!

Who cares about what the hell he looks like!? It matters on the platform, graphics, and storyline of the game the most! It's a friggin' kid's game for crying out loud! They madce it targeted for kids, not older people!

Jeeze damn. D:<
---
Lovatic for life. <3
The Peace Keepers
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#58 Posted: 23:05:15 13/11/2011
^Say what now?
semp123 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3232
#59 Posted: 23:05:40 13/11/2011
Quote: LevanJess
I just consider Classic, Skylanders, and LoS Spyros different universe Spyros with different looks and personalities. :/

Same here.
Prysom Ripto Gems: 131
#60 Posted: 23:34:57 13/11/2011
Quote: CAV
Prysom's large post in 2 words:

It's debatable.

Would've been easier if you just said that rather than appear to make a mountain out of a molehill. I think you're looking into this a bit too much, even for a Spyro fan.

No, I'm not looking at it as a fan. Frankly, nothing is satisfactory as an argument until every scientific facet I can put in is finalized. In this case:

1. Colour theory
2. Anatomy/biology
3. Physics
4. Psychology
5. POV
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#61 Posted: 23:36:52 13/11/2011
^Again, you're highly overlooking this.

But then again, THAT'S DEBATABLE.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:37:25 13/11/2011 by CAV
Kiro Blue Sparx Gems: 765
#62 Posted: 23:39:41 13/11/2011
I thought that the reference to "many adventures" was referring to the classic. CYnder being in it was connecting it to the recent trilogy. It's actually a less of a reboot than it seems.
---
"I find this to be particularly.... particularly.....sheep dung."
#63 Posted: 23:41:17 13/11/2011
Quote: Kiro
I thought that the reference to "many adventures" was referring to the classic. CYnder being in it was connecting it to the recent trilogy. It's actually a less of a reboot than it seems.

Cynder's backstory is just based on her LoS counterpart's story. Some fans get confused that Skylanders is a sequel to the LoS due to SKL Cynder's backstory being the same as her Legend counterpart's, and jump to conclusions instead of looking deeper that Skylanders is a reboot of the Spyro series.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:41:56 13/11/2011 by Aura24
#64 Posted: 23:42:21 13/11/2011
I still think it's a reboot.
They just added references from LoS and Classics to please fans from both sides.

But look what happened, fans of both sides hate it because of a design, barely paying attention to the references from both series in it.

Makes them seem like spoiled brats.
---
but i love it all smooth
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:42:36 13/11/2011 by LevanJess
spyrathedragon Gold Sparx Gems: 2683
#65 Posted: 23:43:23 13/11/2011
Again, I don't think the friggin' kids care at all as long a the game is fun.
---
Lovatic for life. <3
The Peace Keepers
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#66 Posted: 23:44:18 13/11/2011
My view of SSA being a sequel refers not to Cynder, but of the fact that Spyro in DotD stopped the world from exploding. So, the pieces of earth exploding out stopped in mid-explosion, creating the skylands.
#67 Posted: 23:45:50 13/11/2011
I think it's a reference from LoS, or just ironic.
There's plenty of them in there.

Still think it's a reboot.
---
but i love it all smooth
#68 Posted: 00:05:27 14/11/2011
^Again, you're highly overlooking this.

But then again, THAT'S DEBATABLE.

Over-analyzing is what you mean. I am not overlooking anything, actually.
Jackson117 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3875
#69 Posted: 11:03:27 14/11/2011
Senor Malefor? So Malefor mated with a undead skeleton?.

Well I didn't need sleep tonight
#70 Posted: 13:59:46 14/11/2011
Say what?

Senor is spanish for sir or mister.
S240sx24 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1970
#71 Posted: 19:03:13 14/11/2011
I honestly still think spyro could've been saved if given to the right developers before AHT was brought out. Sierra couldve done way better with past games if given the right inpiration and passion for spyro. I think why spyro has been thru a loop its because he's been handed off to people who don't have a great passion for him as others do, you have noticed every game that has succeeded their developers put a ton of effort into their game because they care about the game alot, they have a passion for that theme of game. Then you get developers or people involved that make games that just dont quite sit well with them like they dont have a passion to do that certain theme of game, but make it because its their job. People who love cars and make video games will want and pursue a opportunity to make a car racing game example GT5, people who like strategic war games will want to be apart of making those type of games Example MW3. Mario has been great because they have all the right people working for them and making great decisions based on his future. Lets face it spyro was great when insomiac had him, but they gave him up because they recognized that they couldnt give spyro a good future so thats why they gave him up, hence all this chaos in his games and the fan base diversity. Spyro just needs the right people who are passionate about him truely like we are and just sit down and ponder about him for awhile and think real hard how they can bring up like he once was, just saying this is my two cents on this.
---
please let me know what you think about my art, I'd really appreciate it.
http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=27051
TheWereCat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1000
#72 Posted: 19:12:07 14/11/2011
IMO, Toys for Bob are the only developers to have shown passion in Spyro since Insomniac.
---
"It's time to call in the big guns."
Own:smilie smilie smilie smilie
#73 Posted: 19:12:45 14/11/2011
Quote: TheWereCat
IMO, Toys for Bob are the only developers to have shown passion in Spyro since Insomniac.

^ This. X3
---
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#74 Posted: 19:38:49 14/11/2011
I was just considering a timeline between all three sub-franchises just for the heck of it, nothing serious.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#75 Posted: 19:52:44 14/11/2011

I don't really agree with you, they put passion in creating toys and combining them with the game, not Spyro. I think Eurocom had some passion for AHT. That's my view.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
#76 Posted: 19:54:18 14/11/2011
I think TfB has passion for Spyro. From what I've seen it sure seems that a lot of effort was put into SSA.
#77 Posted: 20:29:27 14/11/2011
So basically a game where spyro is just a special guest in the game means they care about him? Because look at the title lol. all the games have had spyro in bold, now its skylanders and spyros just in it lol. plus honestly its about the toys, not aimed at spyro fully. its not like spyros 3rd game where you could play other characters but it was just 4 more characters and the story and game still was based entirely on spyro lol. its based on the skylanders as a whole, its just that spyro's in it. And reason spyro is even in the title is so that fans that love him will buy the game. Reason spyro's backstory sounds familiar is because it was easier to go with and makes sense for the storyline of the game. Imagine how many backstories you have to make for how many skylanders in the game? so just copy the backstory and go with what works. Just saying it makes sense, plus I bet they spent more time in the toys. I'm not bashing the game I'm just stating my opinion and if you think about it carefully you'll realize its kinda true. But it is what it is, take what I said with a grain of salt.
---
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#78 Posted: 21:09:16 14/11/2011

Sadly, I agree with you. Despite my ramblings and constant *****in', I wouldn't lie saying I admire the game's production values.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
#79 Posted: 21:24:54 14/11/2011

Actually, this.

Quote: S240sx24
So basically a game where spyro is just a special guest in the game means they care about him? Because look at the title lol. all the games have had spyro in bold, now its skylanders and spyros just in it lol. plus honestly its about the toys, not aimed at spyro fully. its not like spyros 3rd game where you could play other characters but it was just 4 more characters and the story and game still was based entirely on spyro lol. its based on the skylanders as a whole, its just that spyro's in it. And reason spyro is even in the title is so that fans that love him will buy the game. Reason spyro's backstory sounds familiar is because it was easier to go with and makes sense for the storyline of the game. Imagine how many backstories you have to make for how many skylanders in the game? so just copy the backstory and go with what works. Just saying it makes sense, plus I bet they spent more time in the toys. I'm not bashing the game I'm just stating my opinion and if you think about it carefully you'll realize its kinda true. But it is what it is, take what I said with a grain of salt.

I still don't see the big deal. This game isn't revolving around Spyro. So what?
Of course they care about him. Just because the game doesn't revolve around him doesn't mean they don't care.
Yep, and that was a good idea on Activision's part. I still see no big deal over the fact Spyro's in there to grab attention of the fans.

Also, this does have a lot of Spyro references, you know (Classic and LoS).
---
but i love it all smooth
LyraDragon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1283
#80 Posted: 21:31:16 14/11/2011
just a tip to people who are still complaining about the game.

i remember telling myself that i should not buy this game because i instantly thought that this was another stupid gimmick that you pay over 9000 dollars for just so you can get bored of it in five minutes and throw it in the closet with all your plastic Guitar Hero instruments and crappy DS games.

but then i bought it anyway and now i love it. and i still play it. so remember kids, play the game!
---
Team Drago
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
wanted:smilie
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:43:14 14/11/2011 by LyraDragon
#81 Posted: 22:28:24 14/11/2011
I have three reasons why I won't:

1. Grammar of your request.
2. Lack of base game replay value.
3. Lack of variety to invest in.
Cuzzberry Gold Sparx Gems: 2081
#82 Posted: 22:47:25 14/11/2011
Here's what I think:

I honestly don't believe Spyro will be getting his own video game again. If anything, I think they will be making a Skylander's 2. Don't ask me how, but most likely, they could. All they would need to do is create the game, and make the old characters compatible with the new game, that way you're not losing any money. But on top of that, adding more characters. Honestly, that's the only direction I see this going.

The reason I don't believe Spyro will get his own video game is because, like us, little kids will get addicted to the game and obviously out of the 32 characters they can choose from, Spyro will unlikely be their favorite character. If Activision goes out of there way to make a Spyro game, ONLY about Spyro, these little kids will get pissed, resulting in less mula for Activision.

That's what I think, of course I may be wrong.smilie
---
Wow... It's been awhile!smilie
#83 Posted: 06:06:56 15/11/2011
Again on the whole reference thing, its easy to add references so gamers who knew spyro will at least see some sort of connection. And yes it matters because it aint a titled spyro game if it doesnt entirely and i mean at least 80% revolve around spyro lol. Otherwise spyro is just a special appearance in the game. But anyways as above stayed 32 characters dang lots of toys just for playing a game. Sure you dont need them to finish the game but still most likely kids are gonna get half of them. But anyways yeah most likely a sequal will come out especially if every kid buys at least 3 more so thats alot of money coming towards activision especially when, MW3 and plus with the announcement of a Real Jeep Call of duty edition coming out you know some fans will buy that lol. Wish Spyro was with another company oh well he ain't.

But hey I aint saying dont buy it, if you wish too buy it then go ahead. Just sad that spyro may not get his own game anymore like in the past. :/
---
#84 Posted: 12:03:33 15/11/2011
But this game isn't for the Spyro fandom. It's for kids as well. The kids won't care. It's not all about the Spyro fandom, you know? In fact, a lot of the Spyro fandom has been acting horrible since the release of Skylanders, and I say that our selfish as hell fandom doesn't deserve anything over the way some of us have been acting.

Yeah, and that shows how they at least tried to please fans on both sides instead of ignore them with the references.
No, I don't see why it matters. Again, it's a kid's game as well, and it's no big deal if it doesn't revolve around Spyro. He's still a main character.
Soooo? What the kids get isn't your problem. And again, don't have to get all the toys.
So what? How much money Activision makes is none of your concern.
---
but i love it all smooth
#85 Posted: 05:59:29 17/11/2011
Quote: LevanJess
But this game isn't for the Spyro fandom. It's for kids as well. The kids won't care. It's not all about the Spyro fandom, you know? In fact, a lot of the Spyro fandom has been acting horrible since the release of Skylanders, and I say that our selfish as hell fandom doesn't deserve anything over the way some of us have been acting.

Yeah, and that shows how they at least tried to please fans on both sides instead of ignore them with the references.
No, I don't see why it matters. Again, it's a kid's game as well, and it's no big deal if it doesn't revolve around Spyro. He's still a main character.
Soooo? What the kids get isn't your problem. And again, don't have to get all the toys.
So what? How much money Activision makes is none of your concern.

meh trust me there's alot of fandom from other games that may not deserve any game, but it is what it is.

But yes if it doesnt revolve around spyro thats cool, but then it aint really a spyro game more like a spin off with spyro in it lol. And who said it's my problem that the kids get it, I dont care that kids get the game, let them get it, let them have fun, its just sucks that you have to literally pay to play all the characters to the game so its like paying to use each gun in Call of duty lol thats the point, I understand DLC's but the way skylanders is approached is well totally a rip, but that's my opinion. And how much acitivision makes I honestly dont care, since I only have one game acitivsion has published and thats Transformers war for cybertron. And reason I have that game is because Hasbro has the say on what activision says, plus hasbro and activision let High moon studios who makes the game have creative freedom as to what they should do with the franchise. And hey they are doing well because the developer is making the smart decisions on how the game should be approached and has the right people working on the game. So yeah again wish another developer has spyro but they dont oh well. Thats my final say on this, had this bottling up so I'll leave it on that.

Still love spyro.
---
#86 Posted: 12:02:28 17/11/2011
True, I suppose.

It is a spinoff Spyro game, that's been confirmed by Activision before the game released. But it still has Spyro in it and they're bringing Spyro out of the mud after (to some people, the letdown that is) DotD. I also heard of a rumor that they might give Spyro his own game after this if it sells well (it certainly has, and it's only been the first month).

True, I don't want to have to pay to get all of the characters, either. But I just got over that fact, because in my opinion it's not a rip and it's worth it.

I'm pretty sure a lot of people want Spyro with another company (in fact, I know people who never shut up about their hate for Activision) for reasons such a fear of milking, but Activision seems to be doing alright with Spyro so far. When they start milking him, then I think that's when we hope they give Spyro to a different company.
---
but i love it all smooth
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#87 Posted: 12:14:25 17/11/2011
@LevanJess

dont fool yourself activision is allready milking it, with the figurines. but at least with this variation on dlc you have something. other games with digital dlc, you will lose after a few years, the figurines is yours forever...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:15:00 17/11/2011 by kappapopm
#88 Posted: 21:14:57 17/11/2011
How is simply having figurines to play the characters any proof of milking? It's merely a new way to play. It's not like they're already making tons of sequels every year like other games, which is what REAL milking is. You seem to have your definition wrong.
---
but i love it all smooth
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:25:17 17/11/2011 by LevanJess
CynderFan1309 Gold Sparx Gems: 2235
#89 Posted: 22:01:23 17/11/2011
Quote: kappapopm
dont fool yourself activision is allready milking it, with the figurines. but at least with this variation on dlc you have something. other games with digital dlc, you will lose after a few years, the figurines is yours forever...

Maybe you should educate yourself?
Quote:
Milking a game pretty much means to squeeze what money you can get out of the game. This usually happens to popular games which has/had a game come out yearly. Note how just because a game is popular DOESN'T mean it's getting milked.

Skylanders hasn't had a bunch of sequels yet.
The figures are a different and fun new way and idea. I see no milking there.
#90 Posted: 22:41:37 17/11/2011
Quote: CynderFan1309

Obvious Activision hater?
---
#91 Posted: 22:53:11 17/11/2011
How is that hating obviously Activision in any way? That post has nothing to do with hating Activision.

If you bothered reading the rest of the post, you'd notice I meant that in the way the person said "ACTIVISION IS ALREADY MILKING IT WITH THE TOYS!", how wrong they were. It's fairly obvious.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:59:20 17/11/2011 by CynderFan1309
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#92 Posted: 22:56:03 17/11/2011
Quote: Aura24

He/she can't be hating Activision, especially when they have Skylanders (judging by their signature).
#93 Posted: 23:00:02 17/11/2011
Who, me?
Aura was talking to me, I think, unless she quoted the wrong person (which is unlikely, judging by how she only quoted half my post).
Reimu Yellow Sparx Gems: 1076
#94 Posted: 23:09:26 17/11/2011
I think she was talking to you about kappapopm
#95 Posted: 23:20:59 17/11/2011
Quote: Aura24

He/she can't be hating Activision, especially when they have Skylanders (judging by their signature).

lol Oh yeah, and how is Activision milking Skylanders? They haven't made a sequel of it yet or not.
---
#96 Posted: 23:44:30 17/11/2011
^ I've said that already...

Quote: Reimu
I think she was talking to you about kappapopm

I'm a bit confused there, because it seemed like she was implying that I hated Activision, which I don't.
Not like it's a big deal, I'm just confused by what she meant?
#97 Posted: 00:01:05 18/11/2011
I think that there's a lot of misunderstandings here =/
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#98 Posted: 00:50:39 18/11/2011
i dont hate activision.... and i like the skylanders, but making you buy the in game characters 32 times(dont have to of course, but 8 figurines is mandatory for the full game)... i see this as some sort of milking the product. dont have to release skylander 2,3,4,5 followups etc(i will buy those if they are as good as skylander1, lol...).. just my opinion. smilie
#99 Posted: 00:58:41 18/11/2011
It's not milking Spyro, that's not the definition of milking.

It's usually when something gets yearly sequels with crappy, less quality games so the developers can get as much money as possible, and that hasn't happened to Spyro yet.

The figures are just a new way for gaming and attracts the attention of kids. It's not milking, and you only need 8 to get through the elemental gates (you also get 3 from the starter pack).
---
but i love it all smooth
#100 Posted: 01:02:27 18/11/2011
What's going now is not milking, it's marketing.
First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me