darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure > My.... disappointment upon hearing about this game
First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3
My.... disappointment upon hearing about this game [CLOSED]
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#51 Posted: 23:23:09 09/11/2011
Quote: SuperSpyroFan

In my honest opinion, CoD has already been milked, the first three original ones are okay, I like the second one.

I'm talking in the sense that it's milked so much to the point that it's dead.

Quote: StevemacQ
Sadly Skylanders is also doomed to get milked every year though maybe they'll completely different figures as oppose to the everyone in this one.

Proof?

Skylanders will do to Spyro what Raving Rabbids did to Rayman.

Proof?

And besides, Rayman is getting his own game, and it's coming out next week. smilie
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#52 Posted: 00:53:06 10/11/2011
Quote: CAV

In my honest opinion, CoD has already been milked, the first three original ones are okay, I like the second one.

I'm talking in the sense that it's milked so much to the point that it's dead.

Sadly Skylanders is also doomed to get milked every year though maybe they'll completely different figures as oppose to the everyone in this one.

Proof?

Proof?

And besides, Rayman is getting his own game, and it's coming out next week. smilie

Proof? The publisher and rights-holders is freakin' Activision! They either let their games gather so much dust, you think the games vanished or they would milk the hell out of the game until they can milk it no more. You've seen how stretched out Guitar Hero like the franchise was on a torture device, Spyro or Skylanders is merely taking it's place now. Kinda like how Capcom are infamous for constantly updating whatever popular fighting game they have.

Rayman may be finally getting a comeback but think of all that time when the limbless hero was out of the spotlight. Too long.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
spyrathedragon Gold Sparx Gems: 2683
#53 Posted: 02:24:58 10/11/2011
You sir, are pathetic.

It's not always about the creator of the game, it's about the storyline, the garphics. ect.

Besides, this is targeted to LITTLE KIDS. How many times do I need to say this!? They're not gonna give a crap if Spyro looks like a pile of **** or if he's pushed off to the side.

THEY CAN MAKE HIM THEIR MOST PLAYED CHARACTER IN THE GAME.

Think a little, PLEASE. EXPAND your horizons. I:<
---
Lovatic for life. <3
The Peace Keepers
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#54 Posted: 04:05:57 10/11/2011

Proof? The publisher and rights-holders is freakin' Activision!

How is that proof?
C1nder Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10133
#55 Posted: 04:51:41 10/11/2011
Some of the Activision games are good
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#56 Posted: 05:13:47 10/11/2011
Quote: Darby

Proof? The publisher and rights-holders is freakin' Activision!

How is that proof?

He hates Activision with a burning passion, and anything owned and published by Activision is bad to him, but he still shows no proof. smilie
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:14:16 10/11/2011 by Aura24
#57 Posted: 13:25:34 10/11/2011

Proof? The publisher and rights-holders is freakin' Activision! They either let their games gather so much dust, you think the games vanished or they would milk the hell out of the game until they can milk it no more. You've seen how stretched out Guitar Hero like the franchise was on a torture device, Spyro or Skylanders is merely taking it's place now. Kinda like how Capcom are infamous for constantly updating whatever popular fighting game they have.

Rayman may be finally getting a comeback but think of all that time when the limbless hero was out of the spotlight. Too long.

We both hate Activision, but we honestly have no idea if they'll do that. Even to Activision, it's unfair to judge something like that before it happens. It's not valid proof.

And who's to say that Activision wouldn't do that to Spyro? It's a long shot, sure, but we don't know.
kurttkrueger Red Sparx Gems: 64
#58 Posted: 15:53:46 10/11/2011
Do you remember that one time, where Activision stormed into our collective bedrooms and burned all our favourite toys?

Or the time they hired Brazillian death squads to hunt down us and our mates and shoot us on sight?

Or the time Activision replaced all of the Revels in the bag with just Orange ones?

Or the time they catapulted Ethiopian orphans over the Egyptian border?

No?

Me neither.

So get off your collective high horses and listen to yourselves for just a moment or two, and ask yourself 'what's really important in this life?'.

Because, I'm sure Activision are quaking in their collective boots at all the hate they receive from Spyro 'fans'. Or not.

Thanks.
LyraDragon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1283
#59 Posted: 16:09:02 10/11/2011
lol nice one.
---
Team Drago
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
wanted:smilie
#60 Posted: 17:20:56 10/11/2011
I'm sure Skylanders is a good game but let's be honest, this game has no chance in rivaling against Super Mario Galaxy.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
Reimu Yellow Sparx Gems: 1076
#61 Posted: 17:25:08 10/11/2011
Not the same players are targeted I think
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9234
#62 Posted: 18:49:38 10/11/2011
I've got a feeling Skylanders will be milked. Not saying it's a fact, as I say I have a feeling...like a instinct, and if it does not get milked I'll be shocked.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
Skorpion216 Ripto Gems: 340
#63 Posted: 19:39:34 10/11/2011
I've got a feeling Skylanders will be milked. Not saying it's a fact, as I say I have a feeling...like a instinct, and if it does not get milked I'll be shocked.

Your SuperSpyroFan senses are tingling?
#64 Posted: 20:22:12 10/11/2011
what does milked mean....?
---
Team Drago
Zackeio Yellow Sparx Gems: 1733
#65 Posted: 20:25:25 10/11/2011
Quote: LyraDragon
what does milked mean....?

With this usage of the word. It means to obtain as much money from an IP (Intellectual Property - a piece of work) as much as possible in order to sate a personal goal or desire.

Source.
---
Everyday that you wake up . . . is a good day.
My Gallery
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9234
#66 Posted: 20:34:31 10/11/2011
Quote: Skorpion216

Your SuperSpyroFan senses are tingling?

Yes, no, don't know.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
drachmyre Red Sparx Gems: 89
#67 Posted: 00:52:32 11/11/2011
I think the "concept" behind the game will get well used. As for the spyro thing... i dont know. I didnt even know who spyro was before this game (sorry folks smilie ). I can really see other ideas using the figures for games idea.
SkyDaddy Blue Sparx Gems: 692
#68 Posted: 17:11:31 11/11/2011
Quote: drachmyre
I think the "concept" behind the game will get well used. As for the spyro thing... i dont know. I didnt even know who spyro was before this game (sorry folks smilie ). I can really see other ideas using the figures for games idea.

One franchise that always comes up is "Pokemon" when it comes to using this toy/video game model. Regardless of how many pokemon types that exist, I will bet you that all of them can be made and will be sold regardless of how much money is involved to collect all of them. I for one will surely buy every single one which is what I'll do for this game.

Like in your case, this is my introduction to spyro's world and I did not hesitate to collect them all. Just goes to show how good this product is.

Just imagine how successful it will be to have a well established franchise like pokemon using the same toy/video game model.

Here are other franchises that can benefit from this model:

1. Transformers
  2. Pokemon
  3. Digimon
  4. Bakugan
  5. Naruto, Dragonball Z and all other Anime franchises that has good toy franchise fans

The list is pretty much endless. I do not know how thick or bulky the chip or RFID device that is used to store the figure information but if it small enough and thin enough, it can be used in tradable card games which could spawn a whole new market of collectible card game/video game franchises or expansions.

It is really funny that it was actually a video game company that was able to figure out how to bridge the gap between these two industries/markets and possible open up a whole new market for themselves.

I am just hoping that this is just the beginning because combining toys and video games seems the next step for both industries.
---
-- PortalMasters.net -- Check out my site and get a chance to win Lightning Rod , Ignitor and other single character packs!
Prysom Ripto Gems: 131
#69 Posted: 22:05:17 11/11/2011
Quote: kurttkrueger
Do you remember that one time, where Activision stormed into our collective bedrooms and burned all our favourite toys?

Or the time they hired Brazillian death squads to hunt down us and our mates and shoot us on sight?

Or the time Activision replaced all of the Revels in the bag with just Orange ones?

No?

Me neither.

So get off your collective high horses and listen to yourselves for just a moment or two, and ask yourself 'what's really important in this life?'.

Because, I'm sure Activision are quaking in their collective boots at all the hate they receive from Spyro 'fans'. Or not.

Thanks.

I can't figure if if your metre or your examples are more disturbing.
#70 Posted: 22:43:41 11/11/2011
I'm sure Skylanders is a good game but let's be honest, this game has no chance in rivaling against Super Mario Galaxy.

It doesn't. At all.

Super Mario Galaxy was a masterful game with a fair difficulty and creative level design. And Mario Galaxy 2 only further built upon that, making it the single greatest game I've ever played.

I like Skylanders, but it doesn't have **** on Mario Galaxy.
spyrathedragon Gold Sparx Gems: 2683
#71 Posted: 22:44:02 11/11/2011

Super Mario Galaxy? I have the second one... I don't think it's all that great. To be honest, I'm not really interested in anything Sonic OR Mario.

Quote: Prysom
Quote: kurttkrueger

No?

Me neither.

Thanks.

I can't figure if if your metre or your examples are more disturbing.

They're supposed to wake the person up and see that Activision isn't as bad as they thought. I:
---
Lovatic for life. <3
The Peace Keepers
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#72 Posted: 22:49:23 11/11/2011
^Activision's bad.

They just aren't "drown a little purple dragon" bad.
#73 Posted: 23:05:33 11/11/2011
Well, they'd likely immolate him, not drown him.
LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#74 Posted: 23:23:22 11/11/2011
Quote: spyrathedragon
To be honest, I'm not really interested in anything Sonic OR Mario.

They're supposed to wake the person up and see that Activision isn't as bad as they thought. I:

These.

Activision's bad, but does that give you a reason to hate this game without playing it first?
Nope.avi
---
but i love it all smooth
#75 Posted: 00:26:22 12/11/2011
It does considering you can't play it without buying something.
#76 Posted: 00:36:45 12/11/2011
No, actually, it doesn't.
You just have to spend a little money for it (in fact, I thought EVERYONE knew you only need the starter pack to beat the game?).

You know what really matters?
The gameplay.

Unfortunately, hardly anyone realizes that.
---
but i love it all smooth
IsisStormDragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 7127
#77 Posted: 00:40:54 12/11/2011

...But the portal and three toys come with the game...and you have to buy all games before you can play them, anyway...
#78 Posted: 01:41:51 12/11/2011
Note this: Without the PoP and figurines, you cannot very well play the game.

Starter Pack - Comes with both. Price: $70.
Renting - Must buy PoP and figurines. That's still a $7 rental plus the $15 or so for the PoP/figurines.
In fact, even PIRATING it isn't free, since you STILL need the PoP/Figurines. (Unless you get the files used in the hardware and use emulator/ROM setups)

Considering that, you are screwed any way you go at it. Merely to TRY the game, you must shell out more than base rental. And that's stupid, if it could all just be for a letdown.
Zackeio Yellow Sparx Gems: 1733
#79 Posted: 02:06:48 12/11/2011
Hmm. . . On the contrary Prysom. . . At one time, local retail stores offered a demo of Skylanders for the public to play before they can purchase the game. Although, this was some time ago, which in turn makes your previous statement hold some merit to it. Both Best Buy and Toy's R' US held booths for such an offer.

However, it is notable that retail stores did, irrefutably, offer a chance to play the game before renting and purchasing it was available.

As of now. . . I'm not sure. I would assume some Toy's R' US stores and Best Buys still hold some booths available.
---
Everyday that you wake up . . . is a good day.
My Gallery
#80 Posted: 02:31:09 12/11/2011
^ This.
Why don't you play a demo before buying or renting? Nearly all the stores I've been to had options to play a demo before buying.

And $70 is only, what, $10 more than most games that people buy (Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed, etc.)? Because of this, the "ITS SOOOOO EXPENSIVE" excuse doesn't fly (Yes, not implying that you said that, talking about in general).
Oh, I'm sure sooner or later people might start making ROMs for it sometime.

Again, you can just play a demo first.
---
but i love it all smooth
#81 Posted: 02:38:21 12/11/2011

Alternative: Walk into a Toysrus. Every single one I know of around me has a demo of the game available for you to play.
#82 Posted: 08:33:42 12/11/2011
but skylander is very much alike super mario galaxy infact.
---
Team Drago
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:56:39 12/11/2011 by LyraDragon
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#83 Posted: 09:00:09 12/11/2011
Just so people know, ROMS could only possibly exist for the 3DS version, while all other versions would have iSO's.
ROMS are only for cartridge based titles. iSO's are for disc based titles.
But I believe we shouldn't even be discussing the subject...

As for the price, I understand why people would complain. It is annoying that you can't rent the game. And in a recession like this, the littlest extra expense for a game changes a lot for people. And the game is more pricey for people outside of the USA.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#84 Posted: 13:15:26 12/11/2011

........................It isn't.
#85 Posted: 13:24:14 12/11/2011
why yes it is. IMO.
---
Team Drago
RadSpyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2007
#86 Posted: 14:44:35 12/11/2011
I don't think it's much like Galaxy at all either.....
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
#87 Posted: 15:26:11 12/11/2011
Skylanders is only like SMG in art style...and if it's an easy game like I hear, then that's another similarity.
---
#88 Posted: 16:41:19 12/11/2011
i think all the terrain worlds resemble some of them. and the way you play it. it really reminds me of it. like the main skyland your are on reminds me alot of the main starship thingy.
---
Team Drago
#89 Posted: 17:38:48 12/11/2011
I still think it's pretty dumb how people are complaining about 10 more extra dollars. I understand it's more pricey outside the US, but it can't be TOO much more expensive than things like Call of Duty and Assassin's Creed.

Plus, people do realize it comes with a game and the PoP and 3 toys?
---
but i love it all smooth
#90 Posted: 18:42:39 12/11/2011
Quote: LevanJess
I still think it's pretty dumb how people are complaining about 10 more extra dollars. I understand it's more pricey outside the US, but it can't be TOO much more expensive than things like Call of Duty and Assassin's Creed.

Plus, people do realize it comes with a game and the PoP and 3 toys?

It is more expensive than those, more than a little.

They do, but when they see that, they may think "hey, are the characters even that different? Were the toys worth implementing? Is the GAME good?"
---
#91 Posted: 20:18:01 12/11/2011
Quote: CAV

........................It isn't.

Skylanders might be okay for a 7/10 but the PSone games were like 9/10 good.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
#92 Posted: 21:07:14 12/11/2011
How is 10 more dollars waaay more expensive?
Assassin's Creed: Revalations is $60.00 rounded up.

Then they shouldn't complain about 10 more dollars.
They should go home and look it up before buying it, then, to see if it's good.
---
but i love it all smooth
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:16:33 12/11/2011 by LevanJess
Forgotten World Platinum Sparx Gems: 5164
#93 Posted: 21:12:50 12/11/2011
Besides, Skyrim is $120 or more and no one is complaining.
---
Life's a struggle, but when you die, it's how you handle life.
DarkMalefor1 Green Sparx Gems: 152
#94 Posted: 23:01:12 12/11/2011
This game is better than I though it would be,but I still think they could have improved on spyro's design.....mostly his face.
---
"A wise dragon once told me to aim high in life, but watch out for flying boxes."

Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#95 Posted: 23:04:36 12/11/2011
Character designs doesn't really matter in a video game. To some fans, Spyro's character design is all that really matters. If they don't like the design, they'll say the game 'automatically sucks'.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#96 Posted: 23:16:56 12/11/2011

Yes, but look at Rayman now. He's finally back with another game, which is doing well so far. If this game becomes successful (and I'm sure it will), Rayman will probably get his spotlight back.

And I do remember Activision mentioning that Spyro will get his own series back if Skylanders does well. And it did do well, becoming more successful than they planned.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Reimu Yellow Sparx Gems: 1076
#97 Posted: 23:30:31 12/11/2011
Quote: DarkCynder_543

Yes, but look at Rayman now. He's finally back with another game, which is doing well so far. If this game becomes successful (and I'm sure it will), Rayman will probably get his spotlight back.

And I do remember Activision mentioning that Spyro will get his own series back if Skylanders does well. And it did do well, becoming more successful than they planned.

I want a proof of that, I don't remember this?
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#98 Posted: 23:45:33 12/11/2011

That may have happened, but look at Rayman now. He's finally back with another game, which is doing well so far. If this game becomes successful (and I'm sure it will), Rayman will probably get his spotlight back.

And I do remember Activision mentioning that Spyro will get his own series back if Skylanders does well. And it did do well, becoming more successful than they planned. I've heard that Activision just added Spyro in the game as a character to boost sails. It's not an actual Spyro game. It's a spin-off. It's a completely different game, and he's just in it (and a certain annoying black dragon, and Spyro now can't seem to go anywhere without her popping in). It's got nothing to do with Spyro.

Quote: sonicbrawler182
Quote: Darby
If you think about that, it has happened with this game. But that's not saying it's a bad game, or that it's guaranteed to happen in the next game, but it's possible.

Hasn't quite happened yet.
In the first Rabbids game, you still played as Rayman, but the Rabbids seemed like the real stars.
In the second Rabbids game, Rayman only appeared in the opening movie, despite his name still being in the title.

Skylanders is at the same spot as the first Rabbids game. Spyro is still playable, but he's not really the highlight character.

Then in the next game, he's not in the game at all and we get nothing but Rabbids for a long time. >_>
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
#99 Posted: 23:59:10 12/11/2011
Quote: DarkCynder_543

That might be a while. Activision is not really known for trying something new and original like Skylanders, I bet Bobby Kotick's heart skipped a beat or maybe his brain stroke when actually approved to making a (semi) new IP but added Spyro just to make it sound like it's part of an existing franchise which is true.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me