Page 1 of 1
both upgrade paths? [CLOSED]
riverhippo Yellow Sparx Gems: 1049
#1 Posted: 01:17:30 30/10/2011 | Topic Creator
I know that you choose a path for your advanced upgrades you buy for your characters in the game. But, I seem to think that you'll be able to upgrade the path you didn't choose eventually too, since when you push select for character information, it shows 'unchecked' (diamond shapes without diamonds) for the upgrades you did not receive. Why would they bother showing you these 'misses upgrades' if you aren't able to get them without resetting your character?

What do you guys think?
Zackeio Yellow Sparx Gems: 1733
#2 Posted: 01:38:27 30/10/2011
As much as that would add more replay value, it would also make your skylander OP. Even if you were to face off against another Skylander with both diamonds filled, it be pretty hectic in the battle arena.

Plus it adds individuality to each Players style of combat.
---
Everyday that you wake up . . . is a good day.
My Gallery
Quikwix Green Sparx Gems: 134
#3 Posted: 02:05:30 30/10/2011
I had a similar thought until I saw stumpsmash had a contradicting (hope thats spelt right) upgrade path as I don't think he can hit his mega nut to launch it forward AND hit it to spilt it into 4 smaller ones.
Ammers Green Sparx Gems: 126
#4 Posted: 15:39:35 30/10/2011
Whoah! I didn't even realize there were branching options for abilities. I must go investigate immediately!
Reimu Yellow Sparx Gems: 1076
#5 Posted: 18:17:30 30/10/2011
No you can't level both paths
riverhippo Yellow Sparx Gems: 1049
#6 Posted: 05:42:57 31/10/2011 | Topic Creator
Quote: Quikwix
I had a similar thought until I saw stumpsmash had a contradicting (hope thats spelt right) upgrade path as I don't think he can hit his mega nut to launch it forward AND hit it to spilt it into 4 smaller ones.

contradicting powerups? That's an awesome clue.

Kinda unfortunate though. smilie Should I buy two of each charry? lol
Psykostevo Red Sparx Gems: 66
#7 Posted: 06:13:56 31/10/2011
I don't think your game will let you "own" two of the same. Will it?
chaosworrier Yellow Sparx Gems: 1555
#8 Posted: 06:19:16 04/11/2011
Quote: Psykostevo
I don't think your game will let you "own" two of the same. Will it?

Yes it will. The fundamental concept of storing the char stats on the figurine is so the game doesn't; otherwise a friend could not use their char <x> if you were using your char <x>.

The game will even mark a duplicate char as being owned by it, if it is fresh.

My son got an Eruptor as a present for performing market research on the game (which I read as marketing, not market research as the game was due for release too soon after for his comments to have made any difference and we live in Oz). His ownership of this figurine induced me to buy the game for Christmas.

I also ended up buying lots of other figurines, etc and this included a 3 pack with another Eruptor in it (the 3 pack is the price of 2 single chars so no loss in cash as I could always EBay the superfluous Eruptor). I wanted to test the 2nd Eruptor to make sure it worked before on-selling it and discovered that its ownership was set by the game, even though it had already taken possession of the original Eruptor.
---
Soylent Green is People!
Definitive Doom Spreadsheet...of Doom: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7oq1...ers%20List.xlsm
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#9 Posted: 06:55:43 04/11/2011
Your Skylander can only choose ONE path unless you reset your Skylander.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Slivers Yellow Sparx Gems: 1387
#10 Posted: 13:39:13 04/11/2011
Actually, the replay value with having to choose one path is pretty high. I' have already "Reset" several Skylanders and re-leveled them as I either didn't care for the path I chose or was curious about the other.

Zap (wanted more Slime for Sonic Boom coop play)
Chop Chop (Shield Absorb and Release was poorly implemented)
Prism Break (Beams were hard to use for my Son and he loves dropping three crystals now)
Boomer (Wanted to see Ground Pound but went back again to Bombs)
Whirlwind (Rainbows were just terrible for aiming and close combat)

Next up are:
Bash
Trigger Happy (Curious but doubt I'll keep him with upgraded Gold Pots as the Gun Ultimate is just tooooo good)
Supershadow11 Red Sparx Gems: 11
#11 Posted: 01:28:03 17/11/2011
I found out that you can reset your skylanders, upgrades and all!
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me