Page 1 of 1
Character Packs [CLOSED]
Psykostevo Red Sparx Gems: 66
#1 Posted: 23:44:54 18/10/2011 | Topic Creator
So I was starting to wonder what would stop us from keeping the figures in their original packaging. If you haven't noticed, you can use the characters on the Portal of Power inside the original package. This could preserve some of the value.

Another thought: you could keep them in package, level them up and the. Trade or sell them with modified stats still in unmolested package.

Food for thought.
Prysom Ripto Gems: 131
#2 Posted: 00:28:37 19/10/2011
Assuming they'd have more than $8 worth value unopened.
riverhippo Yellow Sparx Gems: 1049
#3 Posted: 00:32:16 19/10/2011
Wow, I thought of this too. But you saying it reminds me of something else. The game unlocks stuff for you just by having more characters in your 'ownership'. So essentially, you could buy a bunch of characters, place them on the portal to unlock them, and then take them back to store for your money back without ever opening the package.

This is a major loophole.
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#4 Posted: 01:02:30 19/10/2011
.................................This is very tempting.....
MrKaneda Ripto Gems: 70
#5 Posted: 01:04:30 19/10/2011
Quote: Psykostevo
So I was starting to wonder what would stop us from keeping the figures in their original packaging. If you haven't noticed, you can use the characters on the Portal of Power inside the original package. This could preserve some of the value.

Another thought: you could keep them in package, level them up and the. Trade or sell them with modified stats still in unmolested package.

Food for thought.

You are beautiful
NaruKami1313 Red Sparx Gems: 81
#6 Posted: 02:10:33 19/10/2011
Epic, but I really only wanted Cynder, Dark Spyro, and normal Spyro.

Another note is that in the 3DS version, you don't need the portal and figures unless you want to switch characters, So you can get one you really want, use it unopened, keep it in game, even if you return the figure. Only way to lose it in game is if you switch it out I guess. Not sure if the console versions are like that.
---
~Skylanders I have~ smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#7 Posted: 02:14:57 19/10/2011
for the console version i have (PS3), once you remove a character from the portal, you are unable to use them and must replace it with a character to proceed in game.
#8 Posted: 02:15:26 19/10/2011
lol, or you could just bring you 3DS to the store and play the game there next to the skylanders display, lol
#9 Posted: 02:16:51 19/10/2011
I don't think the store display has the infra-red thing the 3DS portal has.
---
#10 Posted: 02:23:38 19/10/2011
Then again, what if someone that buys it sees that you played it before, seeing how it's leveled up, or at least has some money in it? They will think something's up.

Quote: riverhippo
for the console version i have (PS3), once you remove a character from the portal, you are unable to use them and must replace it with a character to proceed in game.

Same applies to the 360. Even when playing in co-op, the other player can't play until they place another toy.

lol, or you could just bring you 3DS to the store and play the game there next to the skylanders display, lol

I highly doubt they would have the 3DS portal there.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:26:38 19/10/2011 by CAV
#11 Posted: 02:35:46 19/10/2011 | Topic Creator
Yeah, I wasn't implying playing and returning. Though the thought crossed my mind. I actually WANT to buy all of the characters. I have 12 so far thanks to toys r us deals.

I was just suggesting that the diehard fans and collectors could still have fun AND proudly store them in mint condition within the packaging.

I've already opened up all of mine but the thought has crossed mind to buy them all and preserve them. After all, they each come in their own unique and awesome packaging. I was never a Spyro fan before and it was this game that turned me onto it.

Also, notice how some characters in the package have stats displaying and others show the skylanders side of the character card?
#12 Posted: 03:00:41 19/10/2011
Quote: CAV
Then again, what if someone that buys it sees that you played it before, seeing how it's leveled up, or at least has some money in it? They will think something's up.

But don't you have to keep it on the portal and sync with it in the 3DS version? Cause I don't always have them on my portal, I don't even have my portal with me when I play most of the time.
---
SequoiaDragon Emerald Sparx Gems: 3930
#13 Posted: 05:00:43 19/10/2011
How does the toy work from inside the package? I don't understand... smilie (Don't have any part of the game yet so I might be missing something)
---
My book Harahpin is now on sale! smilie
#14 Posted: 06:41:07 19/10/2011 | Topic Creator
Quote: SequoiaDragon
How does the toy work from inside the package? I don't understand... smilie (Don't have any part of the game yet so I might be missing something)

The figurines are microchipped, but they are proximity sensors so they only need be an inch or so from the portal. They are read perfectly by the portal even through the on shelf packaging. It was a little tip I noticed while at Target and Toys R Us where they have an impressive Cracklanders display.
#15 Posted: 09:47:13 19/10/2011
Then again, what if someone that buys it sees that you played it before, seeing how it's leveled up, or at least has some money in it? They will think something's up.Quote: riverhippo

No, I mean you could bring you're own 3DS portal. The 3DS portal isn't AC power is it?
#16 Posted: 13:00:19 19/10/2011
^Oh I get it now...

EDIT: Just tried this with Sonic Boom. It works perfectly fine even though she's still in the package. Too bad the package is a tad bit bent, so nobody would buy it years from now. X3
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:02:14 19/10/2011 by CAV
#17 Posted: 01:03:20 20/10/2011
Then again, what if someone that buys it sees that you played it before, seeing how it's leveled up, or at least has some money in it? They will think something's up.Quote: riverhippo

No, I mean you could bring you're own 3DS portal. The 3DS portal isn't AC power is it?

Must try it.
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me