darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Spyro: Year of the Dragon > Sunrise Spring: Winter/New Secret level found
Page 1 of 1
Sunrise Spring: Winter/New Secret level found [CLOSED]
mrhoix Blue Sparx Gems: 958
#1 Posted: 16:50:39 29/09/2011 | Topic Creator
Ok, basicly my friend is a master hacker, so while I was at his house, I went to him to see if he could find any secrets in this game. He had never played Spyro but he agreed to help me. After a while he started playing around with the level changing codes. Sudenly it said: "Now entering Sunrise Winter" To our suprise surise spring was now in winter!

We took a video of it:

I added a snow effect snow in after, and added music (There was no sound at all when we were on it)

Sadly when we tried to get back to this level, we just couldn't figure out how to do it! I'll let you know if he figures it out, I think he can make a savestate and I'll upload it here smilie
---
I'm making a spyro fangame called: Spyro: The dragon Eclipse.
PikaSpyro Green Sparx Gems: 250
#2 Posted: 18:18:59 29/09/2011
Huh, that was interesting.
---
Read my GB.
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#3 Posted: 18:32:24 29/09/2011
That was awesome.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
huge dotd freak Emerald Sparx Gems: 3354
#4 Posted: 20:11:00 30/09/2011
wow cool!!
---
Do you not like my mouth words?
#5 Posted: 20:45:21 30/09/2011 | Topic Creator
So what do you guys think this level was here for?
---
huge dotd freak Emerald Sparx Gems: 3354
#6 Posted: 21:17:21 30/09/2011
i think its there for the people who can figure stuff like that out or you messed something up
---
Do you not like my mouth words?
Prysom Ripto Gems: 131
#7 Posted: 00:45:47 01/10/2011
It's likely a cut level design. Often, a lot of stuff that never makes it in game is made, and the game companies know how to access it. It appears the original idea was using seasons as a naming device for the worlds (Like in Spyro 2), along with times, but was changed to setting later. Sunrise spring alludes to the presence of the spring, not the season spring.
RadSpyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2007
#8 Posted: 11:13:50 01/10/2011
I'm quite surprised LXShadow hasn't found this, I thought they'd found everything! But yeah, I personally think maybe Insomniac were testing levels and the overall 'feel' of them. You could probably make a quick texture hack identical to it smilie
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
Zpyro Yellow Sparx Gems: 1364
#9 Posted: 11:20:15 01/10/2011
It looks very fake to me. All that's different is that you re-skinned the ground to make it blue. If you gave us the AR code you used, or showed us some proof, I might believe you. However, at the moment you've shown no evidence whatsoever.
#10 Posted: 18:48:29 01/10/2011 | Topic Creator
Well I don't think you can use AR to change textures? :S Hmmmm If I can show you and indepth video on how we did it, maybe it can change your mind? Next time I go round we will record another video smilie Thanks for your criticism anyhow.
---
#11 Posted: 20:24:10 01/10/2011
I think you can - At least, I have several codes to change Spyro's texture. I've also seen many, many skilled hackers change the color of a level entirely.

I'm pretty certain that, with a find like this, you'll need to provide a savestate for everyone to believe you, though that's just my opinion smilie
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
#12 Posted: 21:02:41 01/10/2011
You could've used a program to modify an ISO of the game and run it on an emulator.

A video showing exactly how you accessed the level would remove any doubt.
Fireball Emerald Sparx Gems: 3156
#13 Posted: 21:50:46 01/10/2011
Epic! smilie
---
OblivionSkull21, up and coming indie developer
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6082
#14 Posted: 01:49:25 02/10/2011
Yeah, I'm a bit suspicious of this one, too. It looks cool, but without video proof of how it was done or a description of how to repeat it, it's also something anyone can do with Windows Movie Maker or a similar program. Mentioning that you added in the snow yourself makes it even more suspect. Like I said, it looks cool, I just don't believe it's a legitimate bug in the game.
#15 Posted: 08:58:12 02/10/2011 | Topic Creator
Quote: Razz
Yeah, I'm a bit suspicious of this one, too. It looks cool, but without video proof of how it was done or a description of how to repeat it, it's also something anyone can do with Windows Movie Maker or a similar program. Mentioning that you added in the snow yourself makes it even more suspect. Like I said, it looks cool, I just don't believe it's a legitimate bug in the game.

We are making an in-depth video now, with commentary from me and my friend smilie This video will go very very in-depth and it will show you how to do it. We will release the bat decompiler that he programmed later. We also think there are some test levels hidden in the code too. We understand why you wouldn't believe us with so little proof, I guess if I had seen this, I would have been sceptical.
---
#16 Posted: 09:59:40 02/10/2011
I understand why people are sceptical about it now, I guess I was quite gullible there.
---
#17 Posted: 12:04:04 02/10/2011
Yeah, why did you add the snow and music? The description of the Youtube video doesn't even mention that those things were added in.
#18 Posted: 12:14:27 02/10/2011 | Topic Creator
Quote: Zpyro
Yeah, why did you add the snow and music? The description of the Youtube video doesn't even mention that those things were added in.

It was a secret then smilie Anyway the how to video is now processing , it will be uploaded soon. I added snow and music to make it look cool smilie
---
#19 Posted: 12:18:22 02/10/2011 | Topic Creator
[User Posted Image]

Thats the program we use by the way. It will all be explained in the video anyhow.
---
#20 Posted: 13:21:28 02/10/2011 | Topic Creator

There you go go guys smilie Have fun
---
Prysom Ripto Gems: 131
#21 Posted: 13:48:14 02/10/2011
Impressive stuff you got there.

Btw, you might want to have the link for your sig in url tags.
#22 Posted: 13:53:25 02/10/2011 | Topic Creator
Thanks smilie And ok, I'll put the links in my sig in URL tags smilie
---
#23 Posted: 17:14:35 02/10/2011 | Topic Creator
Oh man, I'm such an idiot, my friend just told me it really adds extra level data. He was messing with me -__- But still this is a step forward in spyro hacking as we can now add extra level data!
---
#24 Posted: 17:25:07 02/10/2011
Quote: mrhoix

There you go go guys smilie Have fun

Thank you for your demonstration.
---
#25 Posted: 18:31:33 02/10/2011
To be 100% honest, I had a feeling that was the case. There was just something about it that made me think so, perhaps already seeing the level list before due to other hackers?

Regardless, it's still a nice hack smilie
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
#26 Posted: 19:22:25 02/10/2011
Quote: RadSpyro
To be 100% honest, I had a feeling that was the case. There was just something about it that made me think so, perhaps already seeing the level list before due to other hackers?

Regardless, it's still a nice hack smilie

A very nice hack.
---
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6082
#27 Posted: 19:52:23 02/10/2011
Thanks for the explanation and demo video. smilie Now it makes sense and is pretty cool. smilie
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me