First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
Possible Skylanders sequel? [CLOSED]
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#51 Posted: 10:25:49 18/09/2011
Quote: bionicle2809
Quote: Prysom
Skylanders is unoriginal in character design (Most are very similar to things from a lot of games), is pretty generic (That you can tell from the good deal they've already shown), and is only unique in the toy concept.

And do note, 29 toys x 8 bucks a pop = 232 bucks for the technical full game. Add 70 dollars to that, and you have 302 bucks. In most states in the US, you must add 6 pennies per dollar in tax. $320.12 is the total there. That implies the toys, making the gross majority of the total price, are intended more as a gimmick for revenue purposes than something meant as a creative concept. THAT is what it shares in common with CoD: Revenue by gimmick.

CoD doesn't have a gimmick, people are just stupid enough to pay above average price for it every year and the extra DLC. Skylanders has an original gimmick, it's not something that's been done before and you completely missed that in your previous post. Also, no one in their right mind would buy all 32 of the characters and pay, as you said, $302-320 because there's no motive behind it.

Something tells me you didn't even do any research to find out whether or not something like this actually has been done before.

Besides, the toys are essentially USB sticks, only made over complicated. Even if U.B Funkeys didn't exist, I still wouldn't call Skylanders' toy concept original for that very reason (notice the pun in the name "U.B Funkeys". Skylanders could use the name U.B Funkeys too, and it would be a perfect fit, if it weren't for copyright laws).
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:31:42 18/09/2011 by sonicbrawler182
Prysom Ripto Gems: 131
#52 Posted: 12:28:36 18/09/2011
Yay, lack of creativity and originality! *clap clap clap*
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#53 Posted: 12:29:25 18/09/2011
Yay, lack of creativity and originality! *clap clap clap*

Don't start.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
#54 Posted: 12:31:45 18/09/2011
Dude, the ONE thing people praised as new just turns out to be a totally ripped idea from someone else.
#55 Posted: 12:32:31 18/09/2011
Dude, the ONE thing people praised as new just turns out to be a totally ripped idea from someone else.

It's wonderful isn't it.
---
#56 Posted: 12:33:01 18/09/2011
NOT AT ALL! smilie
#57 Posted: 12:35:18 18/09/2011
NOT AT ALL! smilie

Aww, how could you, you little Goonro.
---
#58 Posted: 12:37:28 18/09/2011
Quite easily. I learn to ignore emotion.
#59 Posted: 12:39:21 18/09/2011
Quite easily. I learn to ignore emotion.

Well done little man. smilie
---
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#60 Posted: 18:20:18 18/09/2011
Quote: sonicbrawler182
Something tells me you didn't even do any research to find out whether or not something like this actually has been done before.

Besides, the toys are essentially USB sticks, only made over complicated. Even if U.B Funkeys didn't exist, I still wouldn't call Skylanders' toy concept original for that very reason (notice the pun in the name "U.B Funkeys". Skylanders could use the name U.B Funkeys too, and it would be a perfect fit, if it weren't for copyright laws).

I'm aware of the use of toys in small online games and things like that. Most of the time it's either a code and in the example you gave a small USB device. However, these are mostly used for mutilplayer flash games... Something like club penguin.

The gimmick may not be original, yes, but the concept in which it's used is more original than every other use of toys in games. This is the first time the idea of toys has been used in a proper, console video game rather than a small online multiplayer thing. Yes, Skylanders is also using the **** overdone online flash thing but the main intention of the use of the toys is what's original about the gimmick.
#61 Posted: 18:39:53 18/09/2011
Yeah, because coming up with new ideas is REALLY hard with Bobby Kotick running ship.
Reimu Yellow Sparx Gems: 1076
#62 Posted: 18:45:55 18/09/2011
Bobby Kotick has nothing to do with the games. Mostly he is just watching numbers and doing budget.
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#63 Posted: 19:09:41 18/09/2011
Yeah, because coming up with new ideas is REALLY hard with Bobby Kotick running ship.

Except, if you payed attention to anything and stopped trying to be funny, you would know that Toys For Bob came up with the idea. Before hand, Activision wanted them to make a violent Spyro game. You would also know that Bobby Koticks role in Activision doesn't mean he comes up with ideas himself, he just chooses what money gets spent on and the best way to make a profit.
#64 Posted: 19:23:12 18/09/2011

Except, if you payed attention to anything and stopped trying to be funny, you would know that Toys For Bob came up with the idea. Before hand, Activision wanted them to make a violent Spyro game. You would also know that Bobby Koticks role in Activision doesn't mean he comes up with ideas himself, he just chooses what money gets spent on and the best way to make a profit.

Thanks =)
#65 Posted: 19:27:09 18/09/2011

Oh. I still hate Bobby Kotick, but now I hate TFB even more for screwing things up.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#66 Posted: 19:29:33 18/09/2011 | Topic Creator
You wanted a mature Spyro game that included blood?
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:29:47 18/09/2011 by Aura24
#67 Posted: 19:33:58 18/09/2011
Let me put this in the most viciously blunt way possible: Yes. Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes.

Activision's strong point is violent games these days. Might as well aim for the obscenely large and quite profitable teenage demographic. I mean, LOS was combat based, it just was missing the blood. No one raised a stink about that. I mean, face it, the series couldn't get much worse off, so it's better than nothing.
#68 Posted: 19:35:12 18/09/2011 | Topic Creator
Well then think about the fanbase. While most older fans would love a bloody Spyro game, others wouldn't, because Spyro has always been a kid-friendly game series from the very beginning. And a Spyro game that was going to be bloody isn't really very Spyro-like.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:35:35 18/09/2011 by Aura24
#69 Posted: 19:43:28 18/09/2011
Now, now, no using weasel words, Aura.

Think of it as "making sense of things". LOS, though quite combat based, had zero blood. Last I checked, living creatures need blood. I'm not talking Mortal Kombat blood-fountain type of blood, more like Halo specks-and-sprays. For example, if you play any Halo game, you'll note the blood is quite minimal for an M rated game, and VERY minimal considering they are struck by bullets and rockets and grenades, which would in real life make blood violently spurt out or fly every which way. In Halo, you must shoot clip after clip into someone to replicate the blood a real life STABBING would cause.

So, to make it simple, not EXCESSIVE blood, just a small, reasonable amount. Specks here and there, and those little vapourous sprays that Halo and such does. And besides, according to how time works, Spyro would be in his twenties by now. He could afford to toughen up a LITTLE. Moderation, my dear Aura, moderation... That is the key to making blood subtle yet noticeable.
#70 Posted: 19:46:13 18/09/2011

I thought Toys for Bob wanted to go in the direction of a gory Spyro game in the first place anyway? Then they tried it and realised it wasn't for them, something like that. I read it somewhere.
---
#71 Posted: 19:46:26 18/09/2011 | Topic Creator
The darker Spyro concept is gone, Prysom, so it's far too late, like 2 years late, to complain about a Spyro game that you wanted to exist being scrapped.
---
#72 Posted: 19:47:42 18/09/2011
Just because they didn't choose it for THIS game doesn't mean Activision wouldn't try it later. You know how they are.
#73 Posted: 19:49:52 18/09/2011 | Topic Creator
If Skylanders succeeds with the young target audience, they'll possible continue on with the Spyro series with the same audience, since the game's obviously not for the older fanbase, making the existence of the scrapped dark Spyro game very slim.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:50:27 18/09/2011 by Aura24
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#74 Posted: 19:49:54 18/09/2011
Quote: Aura24
It's been recently said that Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure is a spin-off for the Spyro series. Like Bionicle said, Skylanders will probably continue without Spyro. And it's recently been confirmed that this game is intended for the young target audience who don't know who Spyro is.

Then what would happen to Spyro if he doesn't continue with Skylanders? They'll give him his own game I'm guessing
#75 Posted: 19:50:57 18/09/2011 | Topic Creator
Quote: Darby
It's been recently said that Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure is a spin-off for the Spyro series. Like Bionicle said, Skylanders will probably continue without Spyro. And it's recently been confirmed that this game is intended for the young target audience who don't know who Spyro is.

Then what would happen to Spyro if he doesn't continue with Skylanders? They'll give him his own game I'm guessing

That's probably what would probably happen.
---
#76 Posted: 19:51:38 18/09/2011

Or maybe that's just you wishful thinking, just remember this is all about business and in business no one cares about how people feel, it's just MONEY, MONEY, MONEY, always sunny, in a rich man's world.
---
#77 Posted: 19:53:15 18/09/2011
If Skylanders succeeds with the young target audience, they'll possible continue on with the Spyro series with the same audience, since the game's obviously not for the older fanbase, making the existence of the scrapped dark Spyro game very slim.

Perhaps, perhaps. But nevertheless, Activision is Activision, and they'd probably do Skylanders separately then do whatever crap they concoct. Granted, it probably would suck regardless, but at least there is a 5% chance it could work. And 5% is a very good figure, as it means they'd only fail 20 times before they got it right.
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#78 Posted: 23:22:07 19/09/2011
Quote: SuperSpyroFan

Or maybe that's just you wishful thinking, just remember this is all about business and in business no one cares about how people feel, it's just MONEY, MONEY, MONEY, always sunny, in a rich man's world.

Adshgdfsul probably. But aside from me hoping that, it does seem like a likely thing to happen. Even if it is for the money. They won't throw away Spyro when there's money to be made. But still, wishful thinking yes.
ccrogers15 Ripto Gems: 248
#79 Posted: 11:50:05 03/10/2011
i bet if it dont sell good there will not be a sequal. I hope theres not a sequel because i want a game thats really about spyro. This is not spyro, they just put his name to make it sell. It should just be called skylanders.
RadSpyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2007
#80 Posted: 12:06:49 03/10/2011
There's been multiple hints of a sequel, and on top of that, the game is set to be one of the Top 10 Christmas toys this year. So, good chance there will be.
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
#81 Posted: 13:28:26 03/10/2011
Quote: ccrogers15
i bet if it dont sell good there will not be a sequal. I hope theres not a sequel because i want a game thats really about spyro. This is not spyro, they just put his name to make it sell. It should just be called skylanders.

If this game fails, be sure that Spyro will be totally dead and forgotten after that.
Forgotten World Platinum Sparx Gems: 5164
#82 Posted: 14:00:26 03/10/2011
I kinda doubt that it won't sell well. I think it will mostly sell to 6-11 year old's. and also the classic Spyro fans.
---
Life's a struggle, but when you die, it's how you handle life.
matesds Emerald Sparx Gems: 3504
#83 Posted: 16:37:24 03/10/2011

Ahem vvvv

Quote: Reimu

If this game fails, be sure that Spyro will be totally dead and forgotten after that.

This. ^4

OK 4 INT's, stop flooding everything with attempts of undermining SkyLander, Spyro, or just anything awesome in general.
---
Keep smile
#84 Posted: 16:50:12 03/10/2011 | Topic Creator

Obvious Skylanders hater...
---
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me