First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3
Activision know their demographic... [CLOSED]
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12771
#51 Posted: 17:51:32 22/08/2011
Did that boy in the video say that Spyro is his favourite? If so, good for him. smilie
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#52 Posted: 17:52:12 22/08/2011
I agree with all the statements above.smilie
TLoS, like you said Razz. Was to predictable. I saw the ending right after Cynder turned small. Not to mention, they ruined Hunter and his dorky, jerky type personallty with some bland serious type one.
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#53 Posted: 17:53:47 22/08/2011
Quote: alicecarp
Did that boy in the video say that Spyro is his favourite? If so, good for him. smilie

He did say Spyro is his favorite. Cute X3
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
SpyroPurple Blue Sparx Gems: 652
#54 Posted: 20:46:00 22/08/2011
lol, he reminded me of hantzel from Spyro2 when he said that lol
---
"May the ancestors look after you...may they look after us all."
NEW_SpyroLUVA Emerald Sparx Gems: 3308
#55 Posted: 21:19:51 22/08/2011
Quote: CAV
Quote: Razz
The minigames in AHT were hard. D: I hated them a great deal for similar reasons.

^thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiisssssss

Plus they were plain out boring. I often just didn't want to play them, but I had to.

I am of the opposite opinion.
---
3 uses of teh Int@rw3bz: get info, waste time, and complain.
"Stick to your guns and keep on firin'!" - Max (Me)
#56 Posted: 22:03:00 22/08/2011
Quote: NEW_SpyroLUVA
Quote: CAV
The minigames in AHT were hard. D: I hated them a great deal for similar reasons.

^thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiisssssss

Plus they were plain out boring. I often just didn't want to play them, but I had to.

I am of the opposite opinion.

The only minigame in AHT I found boring was Sparx Shooters.
---
Jackson117 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3875
#57 Posted: 23:29:50 22/08/2011
What someone dare make Awesome Hunter look bad? HERESY...Just kidding
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6094
#58 Posted: 15:13:48 23/08/2011
"But now that they are five and seven I'm actually gaming with them. And they've been on the user tester circuit for Skylanders: Spyro's Adventures. And they are just in heaven, every day they come home and they say, 'Dad, did you bring a new guy! Did you bring a new Skylander home.' So they're having a blast with that."

From this interview with Eric Hirshberg, Activision's other CEO.
#59 Posted: 15:18:23 23/08/2011
"But now that they are five and seven I'm actually gaming with them. And they've been on the user tester circuit for Skylanders: Spyro's Adventures. And they are just in heaven, every day they come home and they say, 'Dad, did you bring a new guy! Did you bring a new Skylander home.' So they're having a blast with that."

Thats cute! smilie
---
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#60 Posted: 15:29:44 23/08/2011

Why doesn't this guy get as much attention as Kotick if he's the other CEO?

Probably doesn't create as much controversy.....
TheWereCat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1000
#61 Posted: 16:56:43 23/08/2011
I want to be small again D:
---
"It's time to call in the big guns."
Own:smilie smilie smilie smilie
SequoiaDragon Emerald Sparx Gems: 3930
#62 Posted: 17:00:07 23/08/2011
Quote:
Hopefully they'll set an example for others to follow - but wait hold on. I think we can start now, at least welcome our new fanbase with open arms and not pitch forks and torches smilie .

Now there's some good ideas right there! smilie

Alas, hate to break it to you, CAV, but your generalizations don't really work as I have yet to see any of those things en mass. The only real generalizations that fit are that most Cynder fans, regardless of age, are horrid, and almost everyone over 12 hates Skylanders for no good reason. smilie

Why are most Cynder fans horrid? What tells you that? Just curious as to why liking Cynder automatically makes people more horrid than liking any other character. smilie
---
My book Harahpin is now on sale! smilie
#63 Posted: 18:14:59 23/08/2011
Quote: SequoiaDragon
Why are most Cynder fans horrid? What tells you that? Just curious as to why liking Cynder automatically makes people more horrid than liking any other character. smilie

Liking Cynder isn't the reason they're bad.

The way they act is why. Seriously defensive about the character and the SxC shipping, and will flame you if you say anything that objects to their opinion.
#64 Posted: 18:45:08 23/08/2011
Yep, CAV's got the basics down. I've seen people leave the fandom because Cynder fans won't stop harassing them. Better still, I've seen many former Cynder fans turn to drawing/writing hate works because their fellow fans pushed them too far. And you haven't lived until you've talked to someone who tells his therapist about how she's the perfect woman (yes, that happened). smilie Or been openly stalked by a nutter who thinks you ARE Cynder and won't give it up (poor Savage-Cynder...).

There was a time when people could like her without shame, but she attracts so many crazies that most of her sane fans hide it these days.
#65 Posted: 18:51:00 23/08/2011
And it (mostly) started with DotD.......

I mean, you had you nuts prior. But they weren't that common.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:51:21 23/08/2011 by CAV
#66 Posted: 19:08:30 23/08/2011
Alas, it's the truth. I was there for that. Before DotD, not many people really cared. The very month it came out was when I met with that guy who talked to his therapist about Cynder so much. D: We're already getting some interesting stories in The Trenches over on Cynder's Not Real, all of which are about Cyndorks thus far.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:11:13 23/08/2011 by Razz
#67 Posted: 19:30:44 23/08/2011
$10 says that the therapist had no idea what the guy was on about and simply said "Uh-huh" the entire time. smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:31:02 23/08/2011 by CAV
#68 Posted: 19:41:53 23/08/2011
Okay, I ought to have arranged that sentence differently. smilie I SHOULD have said, why is it, do you think, that Cynder in particular seems to be liked by these 'horrid' people? And those are some pretty crazy stories... how old do you think the guy was... the one who said Cynder was the perfect woman? Poor little guy...
---
#69 Posted: 22:13:18 23/08/2011
The guy who said Cynder was the perfect woman was probably in his 20s. D: As for why she attracts those kind of people, it's hard to say. Stoker and I theorized that she's a perfect storm of goth, Mary Sue, Lolita, and skank which draws in all the unsavory types of all ages and from all corners of the Internet.
#70 Posted: 23:52:38 23/08/2011
smilie Oh geez. And this only happened after Dawn of the Dragon? Before, she was really quite cute. smilie
---
#71 Posted: 00:56:49 24/08/2011
Yep, CAV's got the basics down. I've seen people leave the fandom because Cynder fans won't stop harassing them. Better still, I've seen many former Cynder fans turn to drawing/writing hate works because their fellow fans pushed them too far. And you haven't lived until you've talked to someone who tells his therapist about how she's the perfect woman (yes, that happened). smilie Or been openly stalked by a nutter who thinks you ARE Cynder and won't give it up (poor Savage-Cynder...).

There was a time when people could like her without shame, but she attracts so many crazies that most of her sane fans hide it these days.

WHAT THE FU- BOOOOOOM!!

When did this happen and what are your sources please(if you don't mind my asking of course)?
---
#72 Posted: 01:35:35 24/08/2011
Boo hoo, I've seen worser fandoms do ten times much worse to the point people committed mass suicide because of it.

To the point people tried to act like Gaara and die in sand.

Honestly wake up, there are freaking nutcases everywhere in the world, So all people who like Cynder are insane?...Boo hoo she isn't a god of attraction infact there are better magnets then Cynder...Sakura, Krystal...the ****ing list could go on & on.

I take it this is your first time that anyone has witnessed stalking or been a victim of one from a digital fanbase? Your wrong on all levels as it's not the Fanbase...it's the people.

Saying all nazis are evil pricks because experience is that most of them were harsh would be a arrogant and idiotic thing to do
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:39:30 24/08/2011 by Jackson117
#73 Posted: 11:30:10 24/08/2011
About the nazi thing, if you're reffering to nazis of ww2 and not neo nazis, then maybe I see your point. I mean some were just trying to do what they thought was best for thier country and earn wages to support families. But if you mean neo nazis then I have to disagree; anyone who supports mass murder of people for thier mental/physical abilities/religion/color IS an evil prick. Then again, back on the topic of original nazis, whether they needed the work or not, no matter how much they wanted to help thier country, any truely decent person whould see the evil in the horrible ways they killed people, and so would not be a part of it, or would at least try to be more humane about it.

For the record though, I don't count those who were forced to work with nazis actual nazis, as it was not thier choice.
---
#74 Posted: 11:35:50 24/08/2011
Nazis really from ww2, My mind nazis are dead technically speaking
#75 Posted: 15:49:55 24/08/2011
The guy who said Cynder was the perfect woman was probably in his 20s. D: As for why she attracts those kind of people, it's hard to say. Stoker and I theorized that she's a perfect storm of goth, Mary Sue, Lolita, and skank which draws in all the unsavory types of all ages and from all corners of the Internet.

Not surprised the guy was in his 20s. I can't think of anyone around my age that ever had an obsession with Cynder to that extent.

........................Or it could just be the large chest which gives people such wonderously creepy ideas.
#76 Posted: 16:27:15 24/08/2011
Good job invalidating your statement by invoking Godwin's Law, Jackson117. smilie

As for my sources for seeing these various attacks, I can't link you to them since it happens most frequently on adult sites. But you can see a fair amount of it on deviantART and if you go back through posts here and on other Spyro forums you'll see it there, too. The guy who is still stalking Savage-Cynder is 14, hilariously (he's my one exception), and goes by the name Dark Spyro. He started his little adventure a couple of weeks ago on an adult site but has been stalking her through FurAffinity, Twitter, YouTube, and several other places. Admittedly, S-C seems to be just making it worse since she doesn't actually report the guy but just draws angry Cynder art about him. It's quite the trainwreck. smilie

I've been in many fandoms over the years, both on and off-line. At this point, the only one that you can really compare it to in terms of low quality is the bad side of furry fandom. I've now had it confirmed by my Krystal and Sonic loving spouse that both of those fandoms are marginally better than Spyro as of now.
#77 Posted: 02:54:37 25/08/2011
What's that meant to mean Razz? It's my opinion on how much I loathe haters and diehard lovers,

I love both series and I accept skylanders to the family (thought I don't show it) But it's one guy who stalked S-C, I've seen Insane sonic and Krystal fans stalk user Trunks to nearly everywhere to the point Trunks did a graphic picture of the stalker being retarded and to the point the whole thing turned into troll wars.

Infact Fossil had a stalker who copied his art and then stalked him before whining about how he was there first....Trolls came in and everyone had a blast trolling the Stalker.
#78 Posted: 15:31:20 25/08/2011
Godwin's law on Wikipedia. I can no longer respect a single thing you say if you're willing to compare a bunch of opinionated people in a video game fandom with the arbitrators of one of the greatest horrors in modern history.

You obviously didn't read all of what I said. The guy stalking S-C is just a recent example. He is one of dozens, even hundreds, of Cynder fans who harass artists and their fellow fans to the point where their only option is to leave the fandom or to hate Cynder (a lot choose the later). And I never said this kind of behavior was new, just that's it's obnoxious. A lot of us remember this fandom before this kind of thing was common in it and we've been putting up with it for the past three years in relative quiet. Now we're speaking out because we don't want our fandom to get any worse than it already is and maybe a few of us would like it to be better than what it's become.
#79 Posted: 00:11:42 26/08/2011
If you want I could compare to histories greatest psychopaths and the KKK?

Implying I didn't read all of it and am not taking into consideration all sides but in the end deciding to ignore them. Hate a fictional character because of crazed fans....that's the most stupidest and childish thing I have ever heard, why not jump the shark and why not look at how hypocritical this all is.

That or this is a Xantos Gambit for massive trolling lulz to fuel more hatred in the fire
#80 Posted: 00:42:27 26/08/2011
No, see, comparing the trials of a fandom based around a cartoon dragon to events in history where people have been slaughtered by the millions doesn't make you look good. It, in fact, makes you look like a heartless cretin who doesn't know what he's talking about and who seriously needs to get his priorities straight.

Oh, I'm past implying at this point. smilie Your comments sure read like you aren't on the same page as the people you're replying to. Do some reading up on Pavlove's dog experiments (hint: conditioning responses work in humans, too). Also, double check the definitions of "jump the shark" and "hypocritical/hypocrite" before using them in a sentence, because they do not mean what you think they mean.

Nah, I don't need to play games like that to get people to troll Cyndorks if I wanted to. Heck, I can do it for real right now if I wanted to (but I don't; been down that road before and it's not as fun as the brochure made it out to be, though many laughs were had anyway).
#81 Posted: 01:08:10 26/08/2011
I've now had it confirmed by my Krystal and Sonic loving spouse that both of those fandoms are marginally better than Spyro as of now.

Not sure about the Krystal fandom, but I can garentee for a fact about the Sonic fandom as to how it's leaps and bounds above the Spyro fandom as of now.

I have an account on Soah City (a Sonic fansite), and I still sign in from time to time. They've been acting much better ever since Sonic Colors' release, and those whom freaked about about green eyes in Sonic 4 have since then moved on. They didn't harp on it as long as some of the people in the Spyro fandom are with Spyro's new design.

For one thing, even back when I was a huge Sonic fanboy, I didn't see any civil wars between old and new Sonic, whereas the Spyro fandom would have them on a day to day basis prior to Skylanders' announcement.
#82 Posted: 01:13:34 26/08/2011
Heartless Cretin why your giving me too much credit there.

Well this didn't work out to the point that I needed something over zealous to state about it but I care not for you to disrespect me or loathe me, Common practice off the internet for trolls to retort to insane. You might want to look up slang for you see your ignoring that Jump the shark and Hypocritical mean different things from people who perceive different views.

Don't get me wrong or anything I may be a bit wrong and letting personal feelings get in the way but it's just a shame to see sane fans go overboard and insane to just quiting what they love doing because of obsessed fans and haters.
#83 Posted: 01:22:15 26/08/2011
I didn't say you WERE such, just that you look like one with your analogies. smilie

No, no they don't. Words don't change their meaning just because you want them to. "Jump the shark" refers to a point in a story where events leap so far over the absurd that the audience can no longer take anything seriously and quickly lose interest (coined when the Fonz literally jumped over a shark on a motorcycle in an episode of "Happy Days", shortly after which the show was cancelled). And here's how the dictionary (aka, that thing that tells you what all English words mean) says about hypocrites:

hypocrite
noun
1. a person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, especially a person whose actions belie stated beliefs.
2. a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, especially one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.

I suppose I am. I rather dislike the sorts who bring up mass murderers (claiming they're good people, even) in reference to a cartoon dragon. I know too many real Germans who like Nazis about as much as much as my grandfather did, and he saw action in World War II. I'm also not particularly fond of people who don't bother to do their research or who like to butcher the English language to build an argument on false pretenses.

Also, props to you for completely ignoring a good chunk of all of my replies in favor of the small bits you can snipe at. smilie
#84 Posted: 01:36:51 26/08/2011
Think I'll edit this and say Sorry everyone for the massive derailment of a ****storm.
Sorry Razz was letting other things conflict me at the time to do with work, Sorry about that.

Moving on I have great faith for Toys with Bob as they did some fantastic gems, let's not forget activision was a decent company once
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:42:09 26/08/2011 by Jackson117
#85 Posted: 01:57:14 26/08/2011
I suppose I didn't help things, either. You're definitely the bigger man for apologizing Jackson117 and I'm sorry if I said anything that was too harsh. Life seems to be getting to the both of us (I'm prepping to move across the country in just a few days, so I'm not exactly calm and collected).
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#86 Posted: 09:20:41 26/08/2011
If I may have an opinion, that conversation was weird in an interesting way. The World War is so interesting, but I do feel sorry for all the people that went out and fought, that must have been so scary. I've heard how the Germans torture spies, it's horrible. I don't even know how they could think of some of the things they did.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
#87 Posted: 17:58:33 26/08/2011
Yeah... My grandfather watched a friend of his step on a landmine, among other things. :/ War is not something to be made light of, especially not one in which millions of innocent people were murdered in the cruelest ways.
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#88 Posted: 18:35:05 26/08/2011
Yeah... My grandfather watched a friend of his step on a landmine, among other things. :/ War is not something to be made light of, especially not one in which millions of innocent people were murdered in the cruelest ways.

I find it interesting on how something can turn as bad as that, but when people really describe the war, I get to the point of where I don't want to know anymore, I suppose in a sense, it's basically doom and gloom. That's why when Britain has a minute silence to remember the soldiers who died, I like to take part and remember too, it's mainly to respect them. Even though I don't know who to think of, I just try to imagine what it would have been like, and even my imagination doesn't equal to what it was really like I bet.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 18:37:47 26/08/2011 by SuperSpyroFan
#89 Posted: 23:27:03 26/08/2011
There's only so much I know about most wars, too. We've done some horrible things to each other throughout history. I've tried to learn a little more, but a few pages of Hitler's biography made me sick, I couldn't finish the article about what the Nazi's did to disabled children, and reading Maus kept me up for days after. :/ It's not something all of us can understand, but our warriors deserve all the respect we can give them for their sacrifices.
Cuzzberry Gold Sparx Gems: 2081
#90 Posted: 22:51:14 27/08/2011
I'm not complaining about Skylanders because of Spyro's design or anything like that. His newer design is slowly growing on me. It's the fact that we really have no information of any storyline. I mean, I guess they can go back to the simplistic games of hero vs villain, but I think they could do just a little better than that, even if the games are aimed at younger children.

Then we always have to return to the fact that Spyro isn't the main character. It just irks me. And the playable characters aren't even any of the original characters from the old trilogy OR TLOS. I'm not trying to bash making new characters, but the ONLY character they brought back wasn't even a character at all, but just the darker version of Spyro. I mean, seriously?!

Now before anyone starts flaming me for hating on the game, I will point out the things I DO like about it. I love the idea of the portal, just changing your character and being like "Yeah, I'm gonna put this little dude on the portal and... BAM... he's on the freakin screen!" that's pretty exciting. And the toys themselves are pretty cool, if I was younger and didn't have to pay for anything, I would totally put on the puppy face for my mother to buy me them all the time. The saving on the toys is cool too, but I don't know if I have any friends who would pay $70 for this game, so I wouldn't have anyone's house to bring my toys to and play with or challenge.

Unfortunately, I refuse to pay that $70 for this game. I understand why it's so highly priced, but I just don't think it's worth it. I am interested in how well this game will do though, and I can just watch a few videos on Youtube to be informed.smilie
---
Wow... It's been awhile!smilie
#91 Posted: 23:03:34 27/08/2011
Quote: Cuzzberry
It's the fact that we really have no information of any storyline.

They kinda did.
#92 Posted: 23:05:06 27/08/2011
Yeah they did tell us the storyline, Cuzz..
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#93 Posted: 23:07:57 27/08/2011
Yeah, I guess there is one. Just ignore that one part.smilie
---
#94 Posted: 00:40:22 28/08/2011
Anyone else miss when we were talking about how excited that kid is about Skylanders?
#95 Posted: 00:42:29 28/08/2011
^ I do. :3
---
Skorpion216 Ripto Gems: 340
#96 Posted: 00:43:11 28/08/2011
I love how the boy said Spyro was his favorite, he's now alright in my book. It kinda reminds me when I was young and playing Spyro, except I was about five or six when the first one came out.
BlackNight12 Gold Sparx Gems: 2343
#97 Posted: 01:25:06 28/08/2011
Anyone else miss when we were talking about how excited that kid is about Skylanders?

Yea, let's talk about that!smilie

It was really cute! I remember being excited over video games when I was little. I wonder if I was like that though...?
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
#98 Posted: 03:51:02 28/08/2011
We didn't have games like Spyro when I was his age, but I got excited like that about cartoons and books. smilie When my grandma got an NES I would get pretty jazzed about games I'd never heard of, but those were really different times. It's great to see kids so excited like that, though. smilie
#99 Posted: 05:14:30 28/08/2011
I think when it comes down to it, everything was so much better when we were little. Literally, EVERYTHING. You could go see a terrible kids movie and still love it. But the thing is, because you thought it was wonderful when you were young, you think it's still great when you're older and you feel nostalgic. (That's how you spell it, right?)

Lately, I've been on this big nostalgic craze and have been watching all of those Disney movies. I wish I could be little again, life was so much easier.smilie
---
#100 Posted: 06:18:39 28/08/2011
That's for the guro and furry boards, not here. Or for the nasty section of Cynder's Not Real. smilie

I'm cool with being an adult, but I kind of still have a kid's brain (yay, ADD! smilie). I find a lot of things I liked as a kid did not age well and I hate them now (Care Bears springs readily to mind) or I love them for completely different reasons (the Batman cartoons are incredible, the Beetlejuice cartoon is full of dirty jokes I didn't get as a kid, etc.). I'm not really childishly nostalgic for the original Spyro because StD came out when I was a junior in high school and YotD wasn't a game I had until sometime in college. But they do remind me of some things, like getting my first real summer job so I could buy a PS1 to play RR on or playing YotD in my very first apartment. smilie
First | Page 2 of 3 | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me