Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
The last good Spyro game? [CLOSED]
Clark_Kent99 Green Sparx Gems: 109
#1 Posted: 23:51:33 03/08/2011 | Topic Creator
If you ask me, Year of the Dragon was easily the best Spyro game ever made, and possibly the best game for the PS1. But after this, it all went downhill. Why? Because Insomniac left. And that's the problem: Insomniac was gold and everyone else just didn't do it right. BRING BACK INSOMNIAC (Hey, that rhymes)
---
I rise from the ashes.
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6082
#2 Posted: 00:07:41 04/08/2011
Oiy. This again?

I love the Insomniac games, too, friend, but it's been over a decade now: it's time to face reality. Activision isn't going to rehire Insomniac to do a game series they haven't wanted to make since 2001. Every member of the original Insomniac team who made these games is gone now (except Ted Price, who still runs Insomniac). Even if they did get it back, the company has changed and the times have changed and you wouldn't get what you think you want out of this deal.

If you miss the Insomniac games, get copies of them and play them! Play the first Ratchet & Clank, too, because it's pretty much old Spyro with guns. But the past is dead and no amount of wishing will change things, so let it go.

As for this being the best of the Insomniac games... Nah. I like YotD bunches, but nothing beats Ripto's Rage for me. smilie
#3 Posted: 01:36:41 04/08/2011 | Topic Creator
Eh. You're right. And I do have them, but old age has gotten to them. They died.
---
I rise from the ashes.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#4 Posted: 03:38:33 04/08/2011
Insomniac never owned the rights to the Spyro series in the first place, Clark, Universal Interactive did (who are now within the company of Activision).
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#5 Posted: 04:46:33 04/08/2011 | Topic Creator
I see
---
I rise from the ashes.
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#6 Posted: 09:50:03 04/08/2011
I don't think it was the last good Spyro game, in my opinion, A Hero's Tail was.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
#7 Posted: 10:28:54 04/08/2011
Quote: Razz
Oiy. This again?

I love the Insomniac games, too, friend, but it's been over a decade now: it's time to face reality. Activision isn't going to rehire Insomniac to do a game series they haven't wanted to make since 2001. Every member of the original Insomniac team who made these games is gone now (except Ted Price, who still runs Insomniac). Even if they did get it back, the company has changed and the times have changed and you wouldn't get what you think you want out of this deal.

If you miss the Insomniac games, get copies of them and play them! Play the first Ratchet & Clank, too, because it's pretty much old Spyro with guns. But the past is dead and no amount of wishing will change things, so let it go.

As for this being the best of the Insomniac games... Nah. I like YotD bunches, but nothing beats Ripto's Rage for me. smilie

In that case, wouldn't it make sense for it to be given to High Impact Games? Since half the company has worked on the original trilogy of Spyro games, and the other half worked on the original trilogy of Crash Bandicoot. Perhaps they could make a good classic game of both Crash and Spyro? If they got given the chance that is.
---
#8 Posted: 17:06:06 04/08/2011
That would be so cool! It's not going to happen, but it would be cool.

As for your games being dead Clark, I got new copies off Amazon and eBay for cheap and you can sometimes find them at used game stores. Barring all that, they're on the PSN.
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#9 Posted: 17:41:17 04/08/2011
They're only on PSN in the USA...

...I WANT YotD! D:
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#10 Posted: 18:12:11 04/08/2011
Yep, only in the USA. If you live in the United Kingdom, you're simply screwed from that idea.
---
#11 Posted: 23:24:16 04/08/2011
I don't know diddly about the PSN and have never used it, so that's all news to me. I got all of my old Spyro games off Amazon and eBay.
Hot N Toasty Red Sparx Gems: 12
#12 Posted: 18:59:58 08/08/2011
Year Of The Dragon IS the best Spyro game, your not alone on THAT!
---
Vegeta: Its OVER 9000!!!
Kiro Blue Sparx Gems: 765
#13 Posted: 18:13:22 10/08/2011
Well, a Hero's Tail was wonderful! Enter the Dragonfly was an awful game. The new trilogy is good,but not like the originals. Plus I loved the gameboy games just as much.
I'll have to disagree.
---
"I find this to be particularly.... particularly.....sheep dung."
Prysom Ripto Gems: 131
#14 Posted: 13:00:33 03/09/2011
Let me put it this way. The title.

It simply speaks volumes of truth.
Zpyro Yellow Sparx Gems: 1364
#15 Posted: 13:19:02 03/09/2011
Year of the Dragon was definitely the last great Spyro game. Every other one (except the GBA games, which were decent) was horrible.
#16 Posted: 13:40:49 03/09/2011
Amen to that!
#17 Posted: 13:46:09 03/09/2011
Hate to repeat myself but I still like AHT. That game is so fun and innocent.
---
#18 Posted: 14:11:40 03/09/2011
Hated the voice acting. As well, bugs were plentiful.
#19 Posted: 08:56:57 04/09/2011
Quote: Prysom
Hated the voice acting. As well, bugs were plentiful.

I liked Spyro, Sparx and Hunter's voice-overs, the other voices were just annoying. I didn't find that mahy glitches in that game, and for me if I could find one, I'd have to look for it, compared to ETD, you don't even have to look for them.
---
#20 Posted: 19:17:17 04/09/2011
Oh, I'm talking just some collision detecting crap that annoys me. I thought most of the voices were so terrible though.
Mariofanstar Blue Sparx Gems: 500
#21 Posted: 10:57:40 02/10/2011
Quote: SuperSpyroFan
Yep, only in the USA. If you live in the United Kingdom, you're simply screwed from that idea.

My copy still works after all these years (I had it since it was first released) but I don't always play it. Besides playing the old Spyro games, I also play Mario and Kirby games, either old or new. At least, Nintendo still cares about their fans. Even though the games are new, there are plenty of old-school elements and references in them.
---
I'm officially leaving at 9:00pm.
#22 Posted: 11:01:31 02/10/2011
Quote: Hot N Toasty
Year Of The Dragon IS the best Spyro game, your not alone on THAT!

Not to mention, THE best way to celebrate Chinese New Year way back in 2000! smilie smilie After all, it was released in 2000 and it was the year of the Dragon at the time. It comes every 12 years, y'know. smilie Also, I think it's obviously named after a creature from the Chinese Zodiac. If you still have the game, next year's Chinese New Year would be your excuse to play it again.
---
spyrathedragon Gold Sparx Gems: 2683
#23 Posted: 03:16:29 08/10/2011
It was also a stupid reason to get rid of Spyro because, and I state exactly, "He couldn't hold a gun."

You have Agent 9, you retards. Jeeze, you could've given him more stuff instead of having to give Spyro away to people who'd ruin him!
---
Lovatic for life. <3
The Peace Keepers
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#24 Posted: 22:06:45 08/10/2011
Quote: spyrathedragon
It was also a stupid reason to get rid of Spyro because, and I state exactly, "He couldn't hold a gun."

You have Agent 9, you retards. Jeeze, you could've given him more stuff instead of having to give Spyro away to people who'd ruin him!

I agree it is a bit of a naive reason.

Insomniac had no choice but to move on since the Spyro series belonged to Universal now Activision, and Insomniac had a three year contract, so after 2000, they had to create a new project with Sony.
---
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#25 Posted: 11:04:30 01/11/2011
If Sony can bring Crash to PSN surely they can still do the same for Spyro. What are they doing?
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
#26 Posted: 18:02:20 01/11/2011
Quote: StevemacQ
If Sony can bring Crash to PSN surely they can still do the same for Spyro. What are they doing?

They're being Goonros.
---
#27 Posted: 22:25:35 02/11/2011

They're being Goonros.

What's a goonro?
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
#28 Posted: 22:42:29 02/11/2011

They're being Goonros.

What's a goonro?

I like to change Spyro's name to Goonro, I'm basically making fun of the name.
---
#29 Posted: 22:44:31 02/11/2011

They're being Goonros.

What's a goonro?

Sounds like something from a bad fanfic.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
#30 Posted: 22:45:52 02/11/2011

What's a goonro?

Awesome, well it was meant to be funny.
---
#31 Posted: 17:41:39 31/01/2012

I don't think anyone but you use that name.
---
#32 Posted: 19:28:50 31/01/2012
Quote: Mariofanstar

Good.
---
Kariana Emerald Sparx Gems: 3057
#33 Posted: 21:02:24 31/01/2012
Considering the fact that I love all the Spyro games, this for sure was not the last good Spyro game. The others were different, but still fun for me and many others.
---
KrazyKari.deviantart.com
TheSpyrofan12 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#34 Posted: 21:03:22 31/01/2012
It is an excellent game, but not the last good one. I think that AHT was quite good too (but YOTD is better)
---
Bring the Fanta
Kariana Emerald Sparx Gems: 3057
#35 Posted: 21:06:38 31/01/2012
I agree with TheSpyroFan12, have you played A Hero's Tail Clark_Kent99? That one is loved by many Insomniac fans for it's similar gameplay and characters, but it has a much different style.
---
KrazyKari.deviantart.com
#36 Posted: 21:09:06 31/01/2012
Quote: Kariana
I agree with TheSpyroFan12, have you played A Hero's Tail Clark_Kent99? That one is loved by many Insomniac fans for it's similar gameplay and characters, but it has a much different style.

I think that AHT got mixed reviews from Insomniac fans, I've seen many that just dislike it as much as ETD, and many that think it's okay but nothing fantastic. Also, people think it's great. I'm the one that would fall under the category of it's okay, but nothing fantastic. I do like it, but some parts of the game are incredibly boring.
---
#37 Posted: 19:20:21 01/02/2012

Good.

So, where did you get the "Goon" part of the name from?
---
#38 Posted: 19:34:08 02/02/2012

Good.

When I was getting annoyed with a challenge, and I called Spyro a Goonro.
---
#39 Posted: 11:05:51 03/02/2012

Good.

When I was getting annoyed with a challenge, and I called Spyro a Goonro.

What challenge was it?
---
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#40 Posted: 09:33:50 04/02/2012
AHT was an okay game. It had some great levels, but some levels were horrible. The levels were great at first, but they seemed to slowly get boring as the game progressed. I hated all the levels that came after Frostbite Village (excluding Ice Citadel). I also hated all the characters and didn't like anyone's personality change, especially Bentley, Spyro and Hunter. Zoe was fine. However, I would still certainly play this game over a TLOS game any day no matter what mood I'm in.

I personally believe that it's never too late to make the Spyro games classic again, or at least give them lots of classic elements. However, it's definitely too late to continue where the originals (preferably the third game) left off. And it's impossible to get Insomniac to create more Spyro games. It's been about eleven years since the last Spyro game made by Insomniac came out. They've moved onto Ratchet & Clank. They never enjoyed creating Spyro games because they couldn't do anything with him. They like guns, and there is no way Spyro can hold a gun.

If Universal made Insomniac create more Spyro games, they would have eventually made Spyro stand on two legs and given him more than one gun.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Joemama Blue Sparx Gems: 810
#41 Posted: 23:57:45 04/02/2012
We all agree that the classics are the best games, but I think if we all send emails to insomniac and activion asking for another classic game, maybe they'll respond. ???? WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!!!
---
smilie I'm Lovin It smilie
#42 Posted: 00:06:45 05/02/2012
Quote: Joemama
We all agree that the classics are the best games, but I think if we all send emails to insomniac and activion asking for another classic game, maybe they'll respond. ???? WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!!!

Urm, nope. That will never work.
---
#43 Posted: 11:55:37 05/02/2012

The odds of another Classic Spyro game happening is as likely as Spyro turning into a shooting game
---
Bring the Fanta
#44 Posted: 13:03:04 05/02/2012
Quote: TheSpyrofan12

The odds of another Classic Spyro game happening is as likely as Spyro turning into a shooting game

Exactly. I think Activision will just release more Skylander related games.
---
#45 Posted: 15:04:02 05/02/2012

Probably, but YotD characters in a Skylanders game would be cool
---
Bring the Fanta
#46 Posted: 15:35:24 05/02/2012

That would mess up the consistency of Skylander characters and original characters in my opinion. Those characters are way too dated to be used now.
---
#47 Posted: 15:48:47 05/02/2012

That would mess up the consistency of Skylander characters and original characters in my opinion. Those characters are way too dated to be used now.

It could happen...
---
Bring the Fanta
Joemama Blue Sparx Gems: 810
#48 Posted: 20:37:34 05/02/2012
Well they could throw in the YoTD characters in as the little pieces in adventure packs.
---
smilie I'm Lovin It smilie
#49 Posted: 19:22:47 06/02/2012
Well they could throw in the YoTD characters in as the little pieces in adventure packs.

Too bad Activision didn't do that on the 23rd January but if they are planning to do that right now, it's too late 'cause Chinese New Year will end tomorrow.
---
ilovespyro11 Gnorc Gems: 334
#50 Posted: 15:36:26 24/05/2012
YOTD was the last decent Spyro game ever made. I miss Insomniac soooooo much :'''(
I laugh every time Hunter says something funny, even if I've heard it a thousand times.
They made the best couple in the game world and the real world: Hunter and Bianca.
Best of all...
THEY MADE SPYRO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me