Page 1 of 1
Is this a mix of all the games? [CLOSED]
Johnster1 Red Sparx Gems: 69
#1 Posted: 19:12:45 28/04/2011 | Topic Creator
Firstly, I'm European (English, in fact), so I'm referring to what some might call Ripto's Rage as Gateway to Glimmer. So that's some confusion out of the way. Now, I'm not saying this game is a "rip-off" in anyway, but I have comparisons to this game and the others:

1) Ripto is the main boss. Now, OK, he was also in a mobile phone game (well, his name was in the title anyway), and I remember hearing something about him being in Crash: Purple (Doctor Neo Cortex and Ripto team up to defeat their nemesises).

2) He has a force of enemies called "Riptocs" - a take on Gnasty Gnorc's minions (Gnorcs) and the evil witch lady from Spyro 3 (Riptocs). Rather than having an assortment of enemies in Spyro 2, in this game, Ripto has his own force rather than birds, blobs and the occassional yeti.

3) Characters from GtG are also in this game, such as Gulp and Ripto (who look like the Spyro version of Muppet Babies), yet you don't face them. There's also a mouse who's called The Proffessor (but isn't the one we all know and love, or at least know). Bianca makes a minor appearance at the beginning, and Hunter takes quite a large role as a quest-giver. But where's Elora?

4) You're collecting Dragonflies - first it was Dragons, then orbs, then Dragon Eggs, now Dragonflies. OK - I'll go with that. Why can't Ripto use another magic source other than Dragonflies? And why do they try to run away from you when they're being rescued? I'm not against it, but it's not the best idea in the world.

5) Levels are very similar to each other - the beach level and swamps are very much like the areas in A Hero's Tail, and have the "graphical styles of Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon.

So these are some points I've just made. I'm not in anyway against this game - I loved it. I wouldn't mind playing against Crush, Gulp and various other bosses, instead of waiting for Ripto toward the end - it just didn't feel right. I'd gotten a load of Dragonflies, all the abilities, unlocked loads of levels and there's just one boss?

Hmm.... well, there's always the other games to play I suppose! ^_^
---
Spyro gamer since 1998. JohnGreasyGamer on YouTube (the number one source for number two games).
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#2 Posted: 19:40:34 28/04/2011
I don't know what it is, it just feels random when I play it.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me